Fans have long been calling for gay characters on The Vampire Diaries (and now The Originals), and The Originals has begun to remedy this deficit with the introduction of Josh, a newbie vampire who also happens to be a young gay man. Actor Steven Krueger spoke with TheBacklot about the unusual aspects of this character:
“I feel like one of the things that kind of sets Josh apart from some of the other gay characters that are on television is [that] his sexuality is probably the most normal thing about his situation. I think a lot of things that drive gay characters is that sense of wanting normalcy and wanting inclusion and belonging and a community and that kind of thing.
And with Josh he still wants all those things. It just has nothing to do with him being gay. You know? He’s now a newbie vampire and he wants to find a normal life in this world but when you watch other character’s reactions to him talk about being gay they don’t bat an eye or raise an eyebrow. When you talk about him being a newbie vampire it’s like ‘Holy hell, that’s the worst thing you could possibly be, is a newbie vampire.’”
Krueger also discusses Josh’s future and his friendship with Davina, as well as his own career progression.
There’s a lot going down with the werewolves on The Originals these days, and actor Chase Coleman talked to HitFix about how his character Oliver feels about recent developments:
He’s extremely passionate, he has a lot of emotion, he has a lot of anger and rage he has built up over the years for his pack, and he feels things are not justified. He feels he deserves so much more, and that’s what’s leading to all this craziness. Things are coming to a head in the [French] Quarter. I feel the war is coming. There’s blood in the streets, and it’s just gonna happen. Something is going to happen.
He also discusses Oliver’s relationships with Klaus and with his brother, and his experiences working on the show.
Ready to watch An Unblinking Death (EP119) again? US fans can now download the episode from Amazon or iTunes. US fans can also watch the episode for free right now at the CW site.
Download An Unblinking Death:
In case you missed ‘em:
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – An Unblinking Death (EP119)
- Short Promo for The Originals: A Closer Walk with Thee (EP120)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: A Closer Walk with Thee (EP120)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: An Unblinking Death (EP119)
Here’s the CW’s extended promo for next week’s new episode of The Originals, A Closer Walk with Thee (EP120).
Here’s our first look at next week’s new episode of The Originals. A Closer Walk with Thee (EP120) will premiere on the CW on Tuesday, April 29th at 8/7c.
Between her uncle Kieran, Klaus, and Marcel, Cami has a lot going on on The Originals right now, and actress Leah Pipes spoke with TV Guide about her character’s approach to the situation:
“She’s pretty desperate at this point so she’s taking some drastic measures — you see her at her wit’s end,” Pipes tells TVGuide.com. “It’s been a very emotional arc. But I think she has this wonderful ability of refusing to hit rock bottom. Her family life has been through many trials and tribulations, and the fact that she doesn’t give up and continues to fight on makes her really interesting. She’s not allowing herself to wallow in her own despair, and instead she’s trying to solve the problem.”
And she also has some interesting things to say about Cami’s feelings toward Klaus and Marcel . . .
Well, this doesn’t look . . . good. Tonight on The Originals, we’ve got an explosion in the Bayou, a violent episode from Father Kieran, and more of Hayley’s family history. An Unblinking Death (EP119) premieres tonight on the CW at 8/7c.
(Looking for the list of posts from the week? You’ll now find it on Friday in the Friday Night Bites post.)
Prepare Yourself for An Unblinking Death:
- Read the synopsis
- See the episode stills
- Watch the short promo
- Watch the extended promo
- Watch the webclip
What’s Next . . .
- Thursday, Apr. 24: The Vampire Diaries: Man on Fire (EP519)
- Tuesday, Apr. 29: The Originals: A Closer Walk with Thee (EP120)
- Thursday, May 1: The Vampire Diaries: What Lies Beneath (EP520)
- Tuesday, May 6: The Originals: The Battle of New Orleans (EP121)
- Thursday, May 8: The Vampire Diaries: Promised Land (EP521)
Ready to watch Resident Evil (EP518) again? US fans can now download the episode from Amazon or iTunes. US fans can also watch the episode for free right now at the CW site.
Download Resident Evil:
In case you missed ‘em:
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Vampire Diaries – Resident Evil (EP518)
- Short Promo for The Vampire Diaries: Man on Fire (EP519)
- Extended Promo for The Vampire Diaries: Man on Fire (EP519)
- Complete Songlist for The Vampire Diaries: Resident Evil (EP518)
Here’s the extended promo for next week’s new episode of The Vampire Diaries, Man on Fire (EP519).
Tonight’s much-anticipated return of The Vampire Diaries marks Paul Wesley‘s directorial debut with Resident Evil (EP518). Congratulations, Paul! He’s been making the rounds with the press in honor of the occasion, so we’ve got a whole lot of reading for you to help pass the time until the episode. If we find more interviews, we’ll add them on, so check back later! And make sure you tune in to the CW tonight at 8/7c for the episode!
- Paul Wesley Sinks His Fangs Into Directing ‘The Vampire Diaries’ [Wall Street Journal]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’: Director Paul Wesley explains why he nixed a shirtless moment in this week’s episode [Entertainment Weekly]
- The Vampire Diaries’ Paul Wesley: Directorial Debut Addresses the Future of Stefan and Elena [TV Guide]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’: Paul Wesley makes his directorial debut with ‘nostalgic’ episode filled with easter eggs [Zap2it]
- ‘Vampire Diaries’: Paul Wesley on ‘Daunting’ Directorial Debut and Unexpected Hiccups [The Hollywood Reporter]
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: Paul Wesley on His Directorial Debut [Give Me My Remote]