The long winter hiatus is just about finished, and before we move on to TVD’s one hundredth episode (!!!), let’s revisit the fall finale, Fifty Shades of Grayson. An episode that saw Katherine hoping for redemption, while Damon rejected the very idea of it. And somewhere, out there, is a vial of goop that can turn any one of our favorite vampires into a crazed vampire-eating ripper…
The CW has released the official synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513), airing Thursday, February 6th. Highlight for spoilers:
WELCOME TO THE BITTER BALL — Hoping to help everyone move past recent traumatic events, Caroline (Candice Accola) convinces Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) to attend Whitmore College’s “Bitter Ball” for broken-hearted students. Bonnie is intrigued with a fellow student named Liv (guest star Penelope Mitchell), who appears to be dabbling in witchcraft. Tyler (Michael Trevino) starts to worry about Matt’s (Zach Roerig) relationship with Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda). After making a disturbing discovery, Stefan (Paul Wesley) has a frustrating conversation with Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Enzo (guest star Michael Malarkey). Dr. Wes (guest star Rick Cosnett) struggles to continue his research project with help from a new benefactor named Sloan (guest star Caitlin McHugh). Still bent on revenge, Damon and Enzo resort to violence to convince Bonnie and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) to help them, but their plan takes an unexpected and horrifying turn.
The episode was directed by Darren Genet and written by Rebecca Sonnenshine and Holly Brix.
ScreenFad has our first look at images from The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512), airing Thursday, January 30 at 8/7c on the CW. Check out a still below and then head over to ScreenFad to see the rest. SPOILERS. CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- Persia White shared this great photo from the PCAs with Joseph Morgan. [@RealPersiaWhite]
- Joseph Morgan’s movie, Armistice, is now available on various video-on-demand services. [Armisticethemovie.com]
- Dread Central has an exclusive clip from Armistice for you to check out. [Dread Central]
- Kat Graham did a photoshoot with celebrity photographer Terry Richardson. [TV Fanatic]
- Handsome gent Kendrick Sampson is Mr. May in the Mirrors calendar, supporting the Reflect It Back project. He joins other genre tv hotties from the likes of Teen Wolf, The Secret Circle, and Arrow. [Reflect It Back]
- Nina Dobrev got a “Well Played” from the Fug Girls for her PCA ensemble. [Go Fug Yourself]
- Kat Graham will be traveling with UNHCR to see how they’re helping Syrian refugees. You can sign up for updates on her journey at their site. [UNRefugees.org]
Miss a post this week?
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- TONIGHT – The Vampire Diaries: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510 Encore) Airs at 8/7c
- EW Exclusive Webclip for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- People’s Choice Awards 2014: Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev & Joseph Morgan Win (VIDEO)
- Webclip for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- PaleyFest 2014: The Vampire Diaries & The Originals Panels Announced
- TONIGHT – The Originals: House of the Rising Son (EP102 Encore) Airs at 8/7c
- New The Originals Trailer: Savages (VIDEO)
- Official Stills for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110) at TV Guide
- The Originals: New Promo Pics via E!Online
The CW has released the official synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512), airing Thursday, January 30th. Highlight for spoilers:
SEARCHING FOR THE HIGH ROAD — When Enzo (guest star Michael Malarkey) brings Damon (Ian Somerhalder) a gruesome present and insists that they bond by committing an act of revenge, Damon makes an effort to do the honorable thing. After finding himself in awkward and confusing conversations with Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda), Matt impulsively decides to throw a party, where Caroline (Candice Accola) makes a stunning confession to Elena (Nina Dobrev), then has to face the consequence of her actions with Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Tyler (Michael Trevino). Aaron (guest star Shaun Sipos) does his best to make amends for his family’s past misdeeds and start a new life for himself. Finally, Elena suddenly finds herself in a life-threatening situation with only minutes to figure out how to save herself.
The episode was directed by Kellie Cyrus and written by Brett Matthews and Sonny Postiglione.
Tonight the CW is featuring an encore of the Vampire Diaries midseason finale, Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510), at 8/7c. New episodes return in two weeks, on January 23rd, with 500 Years of Solitude (EP511).
Episode refresher course:
What’s Next . . .
- Tuesday, Jan. 14: The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- Tuesday, Jan. 21: The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111)
- Thursday, Jan. 23: The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
Last night’s People’s Choice Awards yielded a handful of riches for The Vampire Diaries and The Originals. Miss the show? You can check out highlights below and a HUGE congrats to Joseph, Ian and Nina on their wins! Pat yourselves on the back, TVD and Originals fans.
First up, Joseph Morgan won for Favorite Actor in a New TV Series and was presented his award on the PCA red carpet before the show.
Joseph also introduced One Republic with Pretty Little Liars star Lucy Hale.
And Ian Somerhalder was also presented with an award on the pre-show red carpet: Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor.
And finally, Ian and Nina Dobrev took home the PCA for Favorite On-Screen Chemistry and gave what might have been the funniest and most charming acceptance speech of the night. (And Malin Ackerman may have given the most unique pronunciation of Ian’s name we’ve ever heard.)
The Paley Center for Media has announced their full panel line-up for PaleyFest, an annual festival celebrating past and current television shows, and for a third year, they will feature a showrunner/cast panel for The Vampire Diaries and, representing for the first time, The Originals.
The full festival runs from March 13-28, 2014, but here’s the date you need to mark down on your calendars: The Vampire Diaries and The Originals panels are scheduled together for Saturday, March 22nd, 7pm at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center. Panel guests have yet to be announced.
Per the Paley Center website, individual event passes for the festival go on sale Thursday, January 16th at 9am PT for Paley Center members (which gets you first shot at tickets and discounted prices; details on becoming a member here), and to the general public on Sunday, January 19th, 9am PT.
We’ll post more details as they become available.
- I’m pretty jealous of Steven McQueen hanging out with Gary Oldman. [McQueeninchains]
- Looks like Kat Graham got a new furry friend for Hanukkah, courtesy of her fiance. [katgrahampics]
- Kat talked to Just Jared about a broad range of topics, including on set pranks, her wedding, and her celebrity crush. [JustJared]
- Kat and her fiance rang the bell at the NASDAQ MarketSite. [Zimbio]
- DoSomething.org put Ian Somerhalder on their list of Top 20 Celebs Gone Good of 2013. [dosomething.org]
- Not even a cheese hat can dampen Charles Michael Davis’ smolder. [charlesmd]
- E! News named Paul Wesley their Hottie of the Year. [ENews]
- Daniel Gillies talked to Huffington Post Canada about season 3 of Saving Hope and also answers a couple questions about The Originals. [HuffPo]
- Happy New Year from Joseph Morgan & Persia White. [JosephMorgan]
- Leah Pipes stuns in the current issue of Glamoholic. [Glamoholic.com]
- Taylor Kinney’s new film, The Other Woman, has a new trailer. It stars Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, and Kate Upton. [YouTube]
Miss a post over the holidays?
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- TVGN to Air The Originals Marathon on Sat, January 11th
- Official Stills for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- TONIGHT – Vampire Diaries: The Cell (EP509 Encore) Airs at 8/7c
- Mid-season Poll: Favorite Episode of The Vampire Diaries Season 5 (So Far)?
- Mid-season Poll: What’s Your Favorite Episode of The Originals Season 1 (So Far)?
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- Enter the CW’s #PickMeTVD Contest! (VIDEO)
The CW has released the official synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511), airing Thursday, January 23rd. Highlight for spoilers:
THE 100th EPSIODE [sic]: FLASHBACKS TO KATHERINE’S EARLY LIFE — As she faces a new crisis, Katherine (Nina Dobrev) remembers the traumatic night in 1490 when she gave birth to the daughter who was immediately taken from her. Stefan (Paul Wesley) lets Elena, Caroline (Candice Accola) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) know that Katherine’s health has taken a turn for the worse, while Damon (Ian Somerhalder) Matt (Zach Roerig) and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) discuss some of Katherine’s most notorious moments. Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda) comes up with a frightening plan to protect her mother, and Stefan and Elena are forced to help her. Meanwhile, Caroline is mortified when she realizes she forgot to fill Elena in on the latest shocking gossip, then indulges in a little scandalous behavior of her own. Finally, Elena and Katherine share an unexpected moment of connection.
The episode was directed by Chris Grismer and written by Julie Plec and Caroline Dries.