THIS POST IS A STICKY. KEEP SCROLLING FOR NEW POSTS.
There’s something to be said about the idea of partying rather than waging war, though the end result could end up the same, depending on who can hold their liquor. Of course, this is The Originals, so it’s a party doomed to end in fangs and fisticuffs.
Once you’ve finished watching and shaken yourself back to reality, swing by here to rate the new episode of The Originals. All discussion about the episode is welcomed and encouraged in the comments of this post.
Quick guide to the poll: 5 Points = LOVE, 1 Point = MEH.
With the necessary mourning period come to an end, it’s time to talk about just what made Gone Girl such a season stand-out episode — despite the fact that that ending means a certain spark has been extinguished from the TVDverse, perhaps forever.
Well, tonight’s our first episode of The Originals without Rebekah, and we’re still a little sad and a little nervous – and definitely curious to see how the Quarter is holding up without her and what everyone’s doing to cope. (Actually, we know: They’re throwing a party. Because how else would anyone ever cope with anything?) Moon Over Bourbon Street (EP117) premieres tonight on the CW at 8/7c.
(Looking for the list of posts from the week? You’ll now find it on Friday in the Friday Night Bites post.)
Prepare Yourself for Moon Over Bourbon Street:
- Read the synopsis
- See the episode stills
- Watch the short promo
- Watch the extended promo
- Watch the webclip
- Watch another webclip
- Watch the producers’ preview
What’s Next . . .
- Thursday, Mar. 20: The Vampire Diaries: While You Were Sleeping (EP516)
- Thursday, Mar. 27: The Vampire Diaries: Rescue Me (EP517)
— Joseph Morgan (@JosephMorgan) March 12, 2014
Previously on The Originals…ugh, where to even start? Rebekah. We’re going to miss you SO MUCH. Farewell To Storyville (EP116) punched a lot of people right in the feelings, and a lot of us are still trying to get our bearings. If you’re still trying to process it all, you’ve got a few more hours until Moon Over Bourbon Street (EP117) airs tonight.
The sense of loss I feel has more to do with Rebekah and her potential than the show as a whole. As surprising as Holt’s departure is for most of us, in terms of Rebekah as a character, this was an earned ending-as-beginning and, looking back and connecting the dots, you can see we were being prepared for this. For as long as we’ve been acquainted with the Original sister, she has been trying to break free of her family’s broken legacy, to claim a life of her own.
The Originals In Review: Farewell to Storyville (EP116) – Time for a New Story
By Heather Vee, Vampire-Diaries.Net
I have been really enjoying The Originals lately, but quite frankly a lot of that was due to Rebekah. I just truly love her particular brand of plucky immortality, her open-hearted longings, her wounded cruelty, and even more than that I’ve loved every minute of Claire Holt’s wonderful, frequently devastating performance. Yes, I love Klaus and Elijah as characters, who doesn’t, they are wildly entertaining. But for the reasons I explained earlier, my heart was always in Rebekah. She is the character I most cared about and it’s her story that’s kept me most invested in The Originals during its sometimes rocky maiden voyage.
The Originals “Farewell to Storyville” Review: Damaged Ends
By Price Peterson, TV.com
Now that the news that Rebekah Mikaelson has left New Orleans because Claire Holt has exited The Originals has settled, it’s time to break down her swan song. We promise not to cry if you promise not to cry.
The Originals Round Table: “Farewell to Storyville”
By Matt Richenthal, Leigh Raines, Carla Day, and Miranda Wicker from TV Fanatic and Heather Vee from Vampire-Diaries.net
Zap2It has another weblcip from Thursday’s all-new episode of The Vampire Diaries, While You Were Sleeping (EP516). Jeremy has a little fun at Damon’s expense and why, yes, Damon, it is hilarious. Click the image below to watch the clip in full!
Two webclips in one day! Head over to TVLine to watch Marcel start to plan his revenge in Moon Over Bourbon Street (EP117). It’s an exclusive, so click on the image below to watch the video at TVLine.
Time for some witchy bonding time with this clip of Bonnie and Liv from Thursday’s new episode of The Vampire Diaries, While You Were Sleeping (EP516).
Could your Monday evening use some shirtless fighting werewolves? I thought so. Enjoy this clip from tomorrow night’s new episode of The Originals, Moon Over Bourbon Street (EP117).
In this producers’ preview for tomorrow night’s new episode, Moon Over Bourbon Street (EP117), Julie Plec and Michael Narducci discuss the new power structure, Elijah stepping up, Hayley’s role, and more. Intriguing!
- Perry Cox, who played young Elijah, shared this photo. A+ job, casting department. [PerryMCox]
- Paul Wesley attended the premiere of his film, Before I Disappear, at SXSW. [Just Jared]
- Collider talked to Paul about the movie & his experience as a producer. [Collider]
- Before I Disappear was reviewed after the premiere by Film Threat. [Film Threat]
- Ian Somerhalder was also spotted at SXSW. [Just Jared]
- Ian also stopped in Louisiana to attend the Mardi Paws dog parade, which raises money for local charities. [Nola.com]
- Nathaniel Buzolic’s new show, a spinoff of Supernatural, has changed titles. It’s now Supernatural: Bloodlines. [Deadline]
- Grace Phipps is now starring in a musical theater parody of the Transformers movie series through the end of March. [THR]
- Sara Canning’s film, The Right Kind of Wrong, opens in theaters in the US today, and the LA Times has a review. [LA Times]
Miss a post this week?
- The Originals In Review: Farewell to Storyville (EP116) – Time for a New Story
- TONIGHT – The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512 Encore) Airs at 8/7c
- The Originals: New Episode Stills from Moon Over Bourbon Street (EP117)
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: Farewell to Storyville (EP116)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: Moon Over Bourbon Street (EP117)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: Farewell to Storyville (EP116)
- The Originals: Claire Holt Exits as Series Regular
- Short Promo for The Originals: Moon Over Bourbon Street (EP117)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – Farewell to Storyville (EP116)
- TONIGHT – The Originals: Farewell to Storyville (EP116) Airs at 8/7c
- Previously On The Originals: Le Grand Guignol (EP115)
- Zap2It Exclusive Webclip for The Originals: Farewell to Storyville (EP116)
- TV Fanatic Roundtables for The Vampire Diaries & The Originals
- Julie Plec & Michael Narducci Preview The Originals: Farewell to Storyville (EP116)
- Joseph Morgan Talks Klaus, Siblings, & More at Complex
- Extended Promo for The Vampire Diaries: While You Were Sleeping (EP516)