Are you over the holiday hiatus as much as we are? Yeah, we thought so, but here’s some good news via TV By the Numbers: TVGN (TV Guide Network) will be showing the first nine episodes of The Originals, back-to-back, on Saturday, January 11th, starting at 2pm ET/PT.
So if you have any hold-outs amongst your friends and family, check your local listings and make sure they catch the TVGN marathon on Saturday before The Originals returns the following Tuesday, January 14th at 8/7c on the CW. (That’s less than two weeks away, by the way. We can survive this!)
KSiteTV has our first stills from The Vampire Diaries’ 100th episode, 500 Years of Solitude, airing Thursday, January 23rd at 8/7c. See an image below and check out the rest at KSiteTV.
Happy New Year! We’re delighted to see you here with us in 2014. New episodes of both The Vampire Diaries and The Originals return later this month. In the meantime, you can catch an encore airing of The Cell (EP509) tonight on the CW at 8/7c.
Episode refresher course:
What’s Next . . .
- Tuesday, Jan. 14: The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- Thursday, Jan. 23: The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
We’ve had ten episodes of breathtaking, head-scratching crazycakes so far in The Vampire Diaries Season 5, and things are set to get even more WTF-y when the show returns with its 100th episode, 500 Years of Solitude, on Thursday, January 23rd at 8/7c on the CW. As we await the show’s return, what Season 5 episode has rocked your world the most so far?
And yep, just like The Originals mid-season poll, we’re giving you one vote. Yes, we are mean. Sorry.
As we wait for the return of The Originals on Tuesday, January 14th at 8/7c on the CW, how about chiming in on your favorite episode of the show’s inaugural season so far? (Poll for favorite Vampire Diaries Season 5 episode so far goes up tomorrow!)
And yes, we’re making it tough – you can only choose one!
The CW has released the official synopsis for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110), airing Tuesday, January 14th. Highlight for spoilers:
TAKING BACK POWER — As the French Quarter prepares for its annual celebration of the Casket Girls Festival, Cami (Leah Pipes) suffers through as Davina (Danielle Campbell) attempts to free her of Klaus’ (Joseph Morgan) mind compulsion. Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) form an unlikely alliance as Klaus sets his plan in motion to get Davina back. Once it’s known that Davina is missing, Sophie (Daniella Pineda) gets in on the hunt to track her down. Meanwhile, Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) is forced to make a tough decision after receiving an unexpected phone call, and Rebekah (Claire Holt) sets her own plan in motion when she enlists the help of someone from Marcel’s past.
The episode was directed by Jesse Warn and written by Charlie Charbonneau and Michelle Paradise.
Have you heard about the #PickMeTVD contest the CW is running in honor of the one hundredth episode of The Vampire Diaries? Just make a quick Vampire Diaries reenactment video on Vine or Instagram and tweet it with the hashtag #PickMeTVD for a chance to be in a special rehash video. Watch the video below for details:
- There are few things I love more than a sexy guy reading a book. Thanks for tweeting this Trevino photo, McQueen! [McQueeninchains]
- Dr. Wes, Rick Cosnett, shared this great behind-the-scenes photo with Ian Somerhalder & Candice Accola. [RickCosnett]
- Joseph Morgan announced via Twitter that his movie, Armistice, will hit VOD on January 7th & theaters on January 31st. [JosephMorgan]
- Kat Graham talked to Life & Style Magazine about having a “very LA” wedding. [Life & Style]
If seeing the faces of the TVD cast on animated elf bodies twerking sounds hilarious, CW Seed has a video for you. [CW Seed]
- A deluxe edition of Sara Canning’s film, Black Field, is now available. [saradjcanning]
- You can pre-order a copy of Annex Man Magazine with Ian Somerhalder on the cover at their website. [Annex Man]
- CW Seed has a video clip about Ian’s personal style & his appearance in Annex Man. [CW Seed]
- A donation of $19 through Crowdrise to ISF gets you entered to win a MacBook Air. [Crowdrise]
- Nina Dobrev tweeted a photo of herself and her mother at the White House. [ninadobrev]
Miss a post this week?
Cast your mind back a week or so, to before the midseason finale, to the night we met Enzo . . . My post on Fifty Shades of Grayson is forthcoming, but first let’s flash back to The Cell and talk how well fifties fashion works for Mr. Somerhalder, how well shared confinement works to build bonds of friendship or, in the case of Stefan and Katherine, to set the screen ablaze with their sizzle.
- This photo of Joseph Morgan is hilarious and I would like to thank Persia White for making it happen. [JosephMorgan]
- The CW has scheduled Malese Jow’s new show, Star-Crossed, to debut on February 17th at 8 pm Eastern. The plot is centered on an alien/human romance. [Variety]
- A donation to the Ian Somerhalder Foundation could get you a follow from Ian on Twitter! [Crowdrise]
- HuffPo has a look at Ian on the cover of Annex Man Magazine. [Huffington Post]
- Sara Canning’s short film, Corvus, is now on iTunes. [saradjcanning]
- Every time The Fray’s music is used on TVD, it makes me cry because its always in a heartbreaking scene. Fortunately the band is making up for all my tears with a new music video starring Candice Accola. [Zap2It]
- Nina Dobrev & Kat Graham walked the red carpet at the TrevorLIVE event in Los Angeles. [JustJared]
- Its not every day you see someone order at In-N-Out while wearing couture, but Nina Dobrev couldn’t resist hitting the fast food place with Julie Plec & Caroline Dries while wearing Ellie Saab. [WhoSay]
- While at the event, Nina talked to E! about her own experience with bullying & why she supports the Trevor Project. [E!]
- Maniac Magazine has a behind the scenes shot of Joseph Morgan shooting the cover for their Men’s Issue. [ManiacMagazine]
Miss a post this week?
- Episode Downloads for The Vampire Diaries: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510)
- TV Line’s TVD: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510) Post-Mortem with Caroline Dries
- Complete Songlist for The Vampire Diaries: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510)
- Extended Promo for 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- Short Promo for 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- Reaction Post & Poll: Vampire Diaries – Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510)
- More TVD: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510) Teases from Caroline Dries (Round-Up)
- TONIGHT – The Vampire Diaries: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510) Airs at 8/7c
- Caroline Dries Previews the TVD Mid-Season Finale at TV Guide
- The Originals In Review: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109) – Exquisite Pain
- Previously On The Vampire Diaries: The Cell (EP509)
- Candice Accola on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (VIDEO)
- TV Fanatic Exclusive Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510)
- Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510)
- John Copeman & Nina Dobrev Talk TVD Doppelfights via EW