Here’s our first promo for next week’s episode of The Originals, Dance Back from the Grave (EP112).
THIS POST IS A STICKY. KEEP SCROLLING FOR NEW POSTS.
Davina’s come down with something nasty that’s having knock-on effects over the French quarter (which might explain the deluge of rain – if Davina’s feeling under the weather, everyone else gets to suffer as well), and the race is on to find a way to save her. There’s a shocking twist in store for us, which probably means anguish in some form or another. Dig out your umbrellas, people, we’re going to need the protection – rain or fandom tears, take your pick.
Once you’ve finished watching and shaken yourself back to reality, swing by here to rate the new episode of The Originals. All discussion about the episode is welcomed and encouraged in the comments of this post.
Quick guide to the poll: 5 Points = LOVE, 1 Point = MEH.
Danielle Campbell‘s Davina had a big week on The Originals, and it looks like she’s in for another big one tonight in Apres Moi, Le Déluge (EP111)> Campbell talk to E!Online about her character’s relationships with Klaus, Marcel – and cookies?
“OK, it was a big joke on set because the dirt was really cookies,” she tells E! News. “So they were Oreo cookies, everyone was teasing me the whole day that I just got to sit in bed and eat cookies all day…It was a blast, I really enjoyed it.”
While much of the U.S. deals with cold and snow, it looks like The Originals will be up against a literal as well as metaphorical deluge tonight when Apres Moi, Le Déluge (EP111) airs on the CW at 8/7c. Don’t forget: The Vampire Diaries will celebrate its 100th episode on Thursday!
(Looking for the list of posts from the week? You’ll now find it on Friday in the Friday Night Bites post.)
Prepare Yourself for Apres Moi, Le Déluge:
- Read the synopsis
- See the episode stills
- Watch the short promo
- Watch the extended promo
- Watch the webclip
- Watch the producers’ preview
What’s Next . . .
- Thursday, Jan. 23: The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- Tuesday, Jan. 28: The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112)
- Thursday, Jan. 30: The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- Tuesday, Feb. 4: The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Thursday, Feb. 6: The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
Basically there is A LOT of really great hair across the board at 8pm tonight.
— Phoebe Tonkin (@1PhoebeJTonkin) January 14, 2014
Whew! The Casket Girls (EP110) was one heck of a ride! The show’s ladies ruled this episode and it was a beautiful thing to watch. Lots of feelings. Relive the magic (sorry, witches. Too soon?) with some recaps and twitter reactions and then buckle up for tomorrow night’s return to New Orleans.
Tuesday night saw The Originals return from its holiday hiatus with a mid-season premiere that was a bone-snapping, blood-choking, surprisingly emotional good time. In many ways, The Casket Girls was a reset – a righting of a ship that had been tilting decidedly in favor of the show’s men. While it might be tempting to dismiss this episode as a one-off, a bone thrown to those who have been continually frustrated by the manipulation of Hayley, Cami, Rebekah, and Davina, the plots and alliances laid out throughout the hour promise oh-so-much more within the long-term scope of The Originals – as they should.
The Originals In Review: The Casket Girls (EP110) – That’s Enough of You
By Heather Vee, Vampire-Diaries.Net
I am grateful for The Originals even if “The Casket Girls” felt less than essential. For one thing this show had been on hiatus for what felt like years and my body was going into physical withdrawal from not having seen the Mikaelsons in so long. I legit smiled whenever a character made his or her first appearance in this episode, from Rebekah’s incredible French-speaking flashback (in which she saved some titular casket girls from getting screamed at by men in wigs) to simply seeing Klaus place a phone call. I just love these characters so much and that’s how almost all of my enjoyment of this episode was derived: From just seeing them exist.
The Originals “The Casket Girls” Review: Something Is Coming. Later. Hopefully!
By Price Peterson, TV.com
So, now that an hour has passed since the credits rolled on The Originals Season 1 Episode 10, I feel like I’m in a place where I can form coherent sentences about the MAGIC we all witnessed tonight with this installment.
The Originals Review: No More Boys Club
By Miranda Wicker, TV Fanatic
The week has finally arrived! The 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511) airs this Thursday, January 23rd at 8/7, and the cast and current and late, lamented guest stars are chiming in on their favorite moments from the first 100 episodes of the show.
First up, TV Guide get Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley to talk about their favorite scenes from the first 100 episodes of TVD:
FAVORITE FLASHBACK ERA
Somerhalder: I kind of got [cheated] out of the ’20s, I would’ve loved that, but 1864 when Stefan and Damon were running around playing football just being young and happy and full of vitality and life it was good.
Wesley: I really liked the ’20s, but I also like the Civil War time. I thought that was really cool.
E!Online has a handful of fun videos featuring the cast’s reminiscing on early episodes and teasing this week’s milestone:
- Our Vampire Diaries 100th Episode Countdown Begins! Candice Accola and Kat Graham Look Back on the Pilot and Eluding Death
- Vampire Diaries Stars Dish on Their Favorite Scenes—and Crash Each Other’s Interviews!
The CW has released a webclip for the 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511), which will air on Thursday, January 23rd.
The CW has released a new promo for The Originals, entitled “Wrong Half” and featuring critical praise for the show. Check it out below:
- I know Ian says in the caption that he’s having a glass of wine, but it looks a lot like blood to me. [Instagram]
- Ian Somerhalder attended the Critics’ Choice Awards last night. [The CW]
- Claire Holt is in the Just Jared Spotlight of the Week. [JustJared]
- Nina Dobrev is included in E!’s look at where Degrassi alums are now. [E! Online]
- Nina looked great on the red carpet of the The Art Of Elysium’s Heaven Gala. [Daily Mail]
- Nina and Paul Wesley both attended the InStyle and Warner Bros. Post Golden Globes Party. [JustJared]
- Ian Somerhalder attended the TCA panel for Years of Living Dangerously, the Showtime documentary he’s a part of. [Zap2It]
- Sara Canning’s movie, I Put a Hit On You, will debut at the Slamdance Festival on January 18th. The “dark romantic comedy” also stars Aaron Ashmore. [THR]
Miss a post this week?
- Official Stills for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- Vampire Diaries In Review: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510) – Devil Inside
- The Originals In Review: The Casket Girls (EP110) – That’s Enough of You
- Nathan Parsons Cast as Werewolf on The Originals
- Webclip for The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111) (VIDEO)
- Julie Plec & Michael Narducci Preview The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (VIDEO)
- L.J. Smith to continue her version of The Vampire Diaries through Kindle Worlds
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: Apres Moi, Le Déluge (EP111)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Short Promo for The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111) (VIDEO)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – The Casket Girls (EP110)
- Charles Michael Davis Teases Marcel & Davina, Rebekah, & More at E!Online
- Full Set of New The Originals Cast Promo Pics
- Julie Plec & Cast on the Women of The Originals Fighting Back + TV Guide Showrunner Survey
- TONIGHT – The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110) Airs at 8/7c
- Zap2it Talks Marcel with Charles M. Davis + Leah Pipes Interview (VIDEO) via Alloy Entertainment
- Official Stills for The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111)
- Official Stills for The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- Previously on The Originals: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109)
ScreenFad has our first look at episode stills for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513). See an image below and then head over to ScreenFad to see the rest. The episode airs Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 8/7c.