Thanks to @GrudgedPunkr for the heads up that The Vampire Diaries: Original Television Soundtrack tracklisting has been updated on Amazon. We blogged the original posted tracklisting a few weeks ago and there are definite changes – the track order, a remix of “Sleep Alone” by Bat For Lashes, and the retitling of the opening and closing Michael Suby score tracks. But the most notable change is the addition of “Cut” by Plumb. We’ve highlighted these changes below, though the overall track order has definitely changed. The soundtrack comes out October 12, 2010 on EMI/Virgin. Pre-order your copy!
1. Stefan’s Theme – Mike Suby
2. Running Up That Hill – Placebo
3. Currency of Love – Silversun Pickups
4. Hammock – Howls
5. Sleep Alone (909s in the DarkTimes Mix) – Bat for Lashes
6. Bloodstream (Vampire Diaries Remix) – Stateless
7. We Radiate – Goldfrapp
8. Obsession – Sky Ferreira
9. Head Over Heels – Digital Daggers
10. Down – Jason Walker
11. Beauty of the Dark – Mads Langer
12. Cut – Plumb
13. All You Wanted – Sounds Under Radio featuring Alison Sudol of A Fine Frenzy
14. The Fellowship – Smashing Pumpkins
15. On Melancholy Hill (Feed Me Remix) – Gorillaz
16. 1864 – Mike Suby
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED!
To celebrate the upcoming Vampire Diaries Season 2 premiere (ONE WEEK TO GO!) and this week’s release of The Vampire Diaries: The Complete First Season on DVD, we’re doing ANOTHER big prize pack giveaway! The WB has passed along another bunch of goodies for all the U.S. fans and – because the international fans felt left out last time – we’ve thrown together our own comparable prize pack for fans outside the U.S. So TWO prize packs: one for U.S. fans (via the WB), one for everyone else (via us). Got it? Good!
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete First Season is out NOW on DVD – as if you didn’t know, right? You can check out an exclusive clip from Bloodlines here, and be sure to check out Warner Bros.’ official Vampire Diaries on DVD website.
On top of the contests below, we’ll be giving away Comic Con goodies (yep, more bags, TV Guides, and tins, courtesy of your generous fellow fans!) on our Twitter (@tvdnews) this Monday and Wednesday leading up to the premiere. You must be following us to qualify to win the Twitter prizes!
UPDATE: Just to be clear – you do NOT need to be on Twitter to enter either contest below, just for the Twitter giveaways we’ll be doing next week. Sorry for the confusion, guys!
Season two of the Vampire Diaries is premiering in Australia on the GO! channel just a few days after the US on Monday, September 13th, and there’s a shiny promo trailer to go with it.
We’re not 100% sure where this was originally posted (if you know, please drop a comment so we can credit accordingly), but thanks to Vampire Diaries Italia for bringing it to our attention. We knew Ian would be featured in an upcoming issue of Rolling Stone and this seems to be the first photo from that feature. Hopefully there will be more! He may or may not be featured in the upcoming issue with Mad Men on the cover – we’ll let you know when we know for sure. UPDATE: Yep, it is the Sept. 16th issue and he has a centerfold – The Vampire: Damon as one of the best characters on TV.
UPDATE: The picture seems to have originated with @Mary_Slav on Twitter. Thanks, @SYcinetwilove!
With huge thanks to the always wonderful Vampire Diaries Web – new episode stills from Brave New World, aka the second episode of Vampire Diaries Season 2. Some intense looking stare-downs happening here. Click on each image to see a bigger version and you can check out more in the Gallery.
UPDATE: All stills added to the Gallery.
The CW has been showcasing these cool cast interview videos on cwtv.com for a few weeks now, in which each actor analyzes their character and speculates what might be in store for them in the second season of Vampire Diaries. (We were waiting to blog ‘em ’til they showed up on YouTube, but that obviously isn’t going to happen any time soon.) The interviews happened during the filming of Founder’s Day, which makes them a treat considering we’re not sure the actors knew what was coming.
Still no Truth Behind Alaric video or (dare we hope?) one for Katherine, but U.S. viewers can check those posted so far over at the CW.
Here’s a direct link to each “The Truth Behind…” video on CWtv.com:
- The Truth Behind Elena: Nina Dobrev interview
- The Truth Behind Stefan: Paul Wesley interview
- The Truth Behind Damon: Ian Somerhalder interview
- The Truth Behind Tyler: Michael Trevino interview
- The Truth Behind Jeremy: Steven R. McQueen interview
- The Truth Behind Bonnie: Katerina Graham interview
- The Truth Behind Caroline: Candice Accola interview
- The Truth Behind Matt: Zach Roerig interview
- The Truth Behind Jenna: Sara Canning interview
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, folks, but it looks like Paul Wesley has had to cancel his previously scheduled appearance at Dragon*Con in Atlanta, which happens this weekend. If you’re still heading to the Con, Rob Pralgo (the late Mayor Lockwood) will be in attendance, and it looks like Vampire Diaries will have a few panels throughout the weekend (thanks, @mrsoshimbo). You can download an event program from the official Dragon*Con website.
We know this made a lot of Bloodlines: Insurgence ticket holders on Twitter nervous this morning, but as far as we know and can tell, the Sept. 10-12 con in London is still a go for Paul, Ian Somerhalder, and Michael Trevino. The minute we hear anything different, we will absolutely let you know.
Countdown to The Return is a series of guest posts by Vampire Diaries fans on topics they’re pondering as we head into Season 2. Blogger Lee MacOdrum looks at the history of werewolves in folklore and pop culture and ponders how Vampire Diaries will make its mark in lycanthrope legend.
In folklore, we know him as vaukalak, hombre lobo, lupo mannaro, loup-garou, lycanthropos. In pop culture, we know him as Lawrence Talbot, David Kessler, Will Randall, Lucian, Jacob Black, Alcide, George Sands. He is the lukos anthropos: the werewolf. And in a few short days, the names of Mason and Tyler Lockwood will be added to his legend. I can’t wait! Ever since Tyler’s wolf-tastic yellow eye peered up at that perplexed paramedic, this particular arc has had me on the edge of my seat in anticipation for Season Two to begin.
One of the things that initially drew me to The Vampire Diaries was the way in which the show’s writers cleverly combined traditional folklore and pop culture perceptions with a pinch of their own original spin to create the show’s vampire lore. Now they have the same opportunity with werewolves and I am stoked.
To date, we know our Lockwood lycanthropes will shift into “real wolf” forms (nod to folklore) and their change will be dependent on the full moon (nod to pop culture), but if the residents of Mystic Falls are going to make it out of this one alive (well, some of them anyway), two vital questions still need answering: How does one become a werewolf? And how does one kill a werewolf?
While we wait in fevered anticipation for The Vampire Diaries reveal, I thought it might be fun to take a quick look at how folklore and pop culture werewolf mythology has answered these questions before.
Carina MacKenzie has posted another tidbit from her series of Vampire Diaries on-set cast interviews, and this time it’s Ian Somerhalder waxing philosophical on what Season 2 holds for Damon Salvatore. READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE AT ZAP2IT and watch the chat below.
And Vampire Diaries fans across the land gave each other hi-fives. Except John, of course. What else can we say about Founder’s Day as it puts the capper on the CW’s Season 1 encore run? How about this: BRING ON THE RETURN! Vampire Diaries Season 2 kicks off next Thursday, Sept. 9th at 8/7c. Now’s time to lend that Vampire Diaries S1 DVD to friends and spread the word that our show is back with a vengeance. Want a goal? See if the Season 2 premiere can’t blow the series premiere ratings outta the water.
Catch up on this past week’s posts!
- Review – The Vampire Diaries: The Complete First Season DVD
- Entertainment Weekly: B+ for Vampire Diaries’ Season 2 premiere
- Toronto Sun interview with Candice + Maiara Walsh to guest star
- Countdown to The Return: Who’s afraid of the big, bad wolf?
- CW’s Sexy Beast promo for Vampire Diaries’ return on Sept. 9th
- Candice, Michael & Sara featured in NYLON magazine
- Short promo trailers from Malaysia for Stefan, Elena, and Damon
- Happy Vampire Diaries Season 1 DVD release day, North America!
- New interview with Sara + Nina on Emmy red carpet (video)
- Ian, Nina, and Paul thanks Vampire Diaries fans for their support (video)
- Nina Dobrev’s Emmy awards appearance (video)
- Nina Dobrev at the 62nd Emmy Awards (photos + video)
- E!Online interview with Vampire Diaries guest star Courtney Ford
- Win a Vampire Support t-shirt in the Vampire Stalkers essay contest
- Official synopsis of Brave New World (EP202)
- Two stunning new Vampire Diaries Season 2 promo posters
- Ian Somerhalder’s Sexiest Beast feature in Entertainment Weekly
- First episode still from Bad Moon Rising (EP203)