Are we being spoiled by the CW, or just mercilessly taunted with new episodes only a few days away? Either way, TVGuide.com has a second webclip from The Vampire Diaries Season 5 premiere, I Know What You Did Last Summer, with Bonnie and Jeremy somewhat heartbreakingly keeping up Bonnie’s charade.
Enjoy the first webclip from The Vampire Diaries Season 5 premiere, I Know What You Did Last Summer, featuring some quality Elena and Damon (bath)time.
- Candice Accola tweeted this adorable pic with Kat Graham from the set of TVD. [WhoSay]
- Kat Graham is still raising money for UNHCR to celebrate her birthday. [Crowdrise]
- Ian Somerhalder gave thanks for this Conde Nast Visionary award on Instagram and showed off the certificate he received. [Instagram]
- Conde Nast has photos of Ian at the party they threw to celebrate the Visionary Award Winners. [CNTraveler]
- Ian also showed up at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas looking snazzy. [Zimbio]
- Kat Graham was at the iHeart Radio Fest too, walking the red carpet in a stunning plaid number. [Zimbio]
- Also at the fest were Claire Holt & Charles Michael Davis. [Zimbio]
- Candice Accola looked resplendent in red and white arriving for THR’s Emmy party. [Zimbio]
- Candice also made an appearance at the EW Pre-Emmys party. [Zimbio]
- The Fuggirls talked about Kat Graham’s outfit at the EW Pre-Emmy’s party. [Go Fug Yourself]
- Sara Canning’s rom-com, The Right Kind of Wrong, will screen tomorrow night at the Vancouver International Film Festival. The film also stars Ryan Kwanten & Catherine O’Hara. [VIFF]
- Chris Johnson, who played Logan Fell, has a new show premiering on ABC this Sunday, Betrayal. [Julie Plec]
The CW has released the official synopsis for The Originals: Tangled Up in Blue (EP103), airing Tuesday, October 15 at 8/7c. Highlight for spoilers:
BETRAYAL AT THE MASQUERADE BALL — After discovering interesting news about someone in Marcel’s (Charles Michael Davis) inner circle, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Rebekah (Claire Holt) come together to attempt to unravel Marcel’s empire from within in spite of Elijah’s (Daniel Gillies) concerns. They enlist help from Sophie (Daniella Pineda), who is reluctant to get involved for fear of the wrath of Marcel’s secret weapon, Davina (Danielle Campbell). Rebekah sneakily invites an oblivious Cami (Leah Pipes) to a huge vampire party thrown by Marcel, managing to anger Marcel in the process. Elsewhere, Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) learns from the witch Sabine (guest star Shannon Kane) that the supernatural creatures of New Orleans are reacting to the potential existence of a hybrid baby.
The episode was directed by Chris Grismer and written by Ashley Lyle and Bart Nickerson.
The CW has released the synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: Original Sin (EP503). The episode airs Thursday, October 17 at 8/7c. Highlight for spoilers:
SECRETS OF THE PAST - When Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Katherine (Nina Dobrev) have the same dream that Stefan (Paul Wesley) is in danger and desperately needs their help, they convince Damon (Ian Somerhalder) to help them find Stefan. However, their plans are thwarted by a mysterious young woman named Tessa (guest star Janina Gavankar) who seems to know everything about Stefan’s history. In flashbacks to a distant time and place, Tessa reveals the shocking secrets in her past and what she has planned for the future. She also has a disturbing message for Damon about his own future. Silas (Paul Wesley) forces an unwilling accomplice to help him search for Katherine, leading to a confusing and life-threatening situation for Matt (Zach Roerig). Finally, Silas reveals the reason he’s determined to find Katherine, and Damon and Elena face a disturbing new reality.
The episode was directed by Jesse Warn and written by Melinda Hsu Taylor & Rebecca Sonnenshine.
KSiteTV has our first look at six new stills from The Vampire Diaries: Original Sin (EP503), airing Thursday, October 17 at 8/7c. Click the photo below to check out the rest of the photos at KSiteTV.
Entertainment Weekly has a great Q&A with Julie Plec about The Originals, and specifically the challenges of creating and maintaining a spin-off of The Vampire Diaries. She touches on everything from established relationships and mythology, what they might be switching up, and maintaining the feeling of family across both shows.
“If you are telling a story as though only the people who’ve spent the last five years watching your other show are tuning in, then you’re doing it wrong. But I will tell you, creatively it is one of the hardest things to execute. The audience could be somebody who’s seen one episode of The Vampire Diaries, zero episodes of The Vampire Diaries, or 89 episodes of The Vampire Diaries but can’t remember anything — how do you introduce these people and this world in a way that is exciting and understandable and palatable to a new audience when, specifically in our case of the fractured Original family, they’re hateful little minxes?”
ONE WEEK LEFT, YOU GUYS. Season five of The Vampire Diaries premieres next Thursday, October 3rd with I Know What You Did Last Summer (EP501). Tonight, you can relive all the highs and lows of the season four finale when Graduation (EP423 Encore) airs on the CW at 8/7c.
Episode refresher course:
We’re trying something new this season! Instead of saving the captioned stills for encore airings, we want YOU to give us witty captions for these stills from next week’s new episodes of The Vampire Diaries and The Originals. Leave your captions in the comments or tweet them to @tvdnews and we’ll pick our favorites to feature in the TONIGHT posts.
Miss a post this week?
- Webclip from The Originals: Always and Forever (EP101)
- New Tyler Poster via Official TVD Facebook + New Klaus & Marcel Poster at ET Online
- Danielle Campbell Talks Davina with TV Fanatic (VIDEO)
- Candice Accola Talks Caroline & Tyler at TV Guide (VIDEO)
- Phoebe Tonkin Discusses Klaus & Hayley’s Relationship at TV Guide (VIDEO)
- The Originals to Premiere in the UK on 22nd October
- Roundup: The Vampire Diaries Season Premiere Teases
- Exclusive The Originals Character Posters at The Hollywood Reporter
- Candice Accola Talks TVD Season 5 with ETonline (VIDEO)
- New Cast Photo for The Originals
- Joseph Morgan Talks Marcel with TV Guide + Kendrick Sampson on Jesse via TV Fanatic (VIDEOS)
- Friday Night Bites, Sept 14 – 20: Full House, Fall Fashion & Audiobooks
- Official Stills for The Originals: House of the Rising Son (EP102)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: True Lies (EP502)
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: House of the Rising Son (EP102)
- The Originals: Exclusive Flashback Still via EW
The CW has released a clip from next Thursday’s premiere of The Originals, airing October 3. Here we have a scene between Marcel and Sophie following a big event that happened in the backdoor pilot.
We’re in the final stretch, folks! Only ONE MORE WEEK until The Vampire Diaries Season 5 premiere and The Originals series premiere on Thursday, October 3, and the new promo just keeps on coming. Check out what the official Vampire Diaries Facebook just posted, with the promise of more to come (looking good, Lockwood):
And ET Online has an exclusive peek at a new Originals promo poster of Klaus and Marcel. Check out the full poster over at ET Online!