Previously on The Vampire Diaries there were an awful lot of heartfelt hugs going on. Honestly, we’re all still very emotional, so let’s just move on to the recaps because we’re just not done sobbing our eyes out over several scenes.
In case you missed the CW’s new series promo for The Originals during last week’s episode of The Vampire Diaries, here’s a screencap of the show’s shiny new logo.
UPDATE: And a clean version via CW (thanks, @xLuvDamonx!):
Watch the promo below (obviously no new footage, but a nice look at the logo in action):
As The Vampire Diaries Season 4 comes to a close with this Thursday’s finale, Graduation (EP423), now seemed the right time to post in this here quasi-official-ish (that’s totally a word, shush) space that I (Vee) am co-writing the fourth installment of Love You To Death: The Unofficial Companion to The Vampire Diaries (ECW Press) with V-D.net episode reviewer extraordinaire Crissy Calhoun.
Those of you familiar with Crissy’s previous installments of Love You To Death know to expect: an in-depth episode guide with super-sized expansions on Crissy’s weekly Vampire Diaries In Review posts; a detailed timeline encompassing four seasons of significant events; a thorough index of music played on the show, listed by scene within each episode; sidebars full of fun show trivia and insight into filming; and a slew of interviews with the writers and crew that bring Mystic Falls to life every Thursday. Crissy and I are extra-excited about the interviews, so here’s a preview of who’s adding a special behind-the-scenes flavor to Love You To Death 4:
- Joshua Butler, director of The Five (EP404)
- Tyler Cook, editor
- Caroline Dries, writer and co-executive producer
- Jose Molina, writer and co-producer
- Dave Perkal, director of photography
- Michael Suby, composer
- Pascal Verschooris, producer and director for O Come, All Ye Faithful (EP409)
And we’re working on more! (Yes, more! I know, right? Cross your fingers!)
The book will be out October 1, 2013 on ECW Press. It is already available for pre-order on Amazon US and Amazon UK, and you can even add it to your To Read list on GoodReads. And yes, it will be available on Kindle, Nook, iBookstore, and everywhere ebooks are sold. And hey, if you buy a hard copy of the book, ECW Press will give you the electronic version for free. Something to keep in mind!
Here’s the official book description and the full-size cover:
The fan-favorite Love You to Death series returns with an essential guide to the fourth season of The CW’s hit show The Vampire Diaries. The season 4 companion delves headlong into the twists and turns of each episode, exploring the layers of rich history, supernatural mythology, historical and pop culture references, and the complexities and motivations of the show’s memorable cast of characters. Add expanded chapters on the making of the show, the people who bring the world of Mystic Falls to life, and the intensely loyal audience that keeps it thriving, and you have a guide as compelling and addictive as the show itself.
Previous volumes of Love You to Death have featured exclusive interviews with executive producer Julie Plec, series directors and editors, guest-star actors, and fandom leaders.
Here’s Arielle with the latest rehash!
Entertainment Weekly has a new webclip from Thursday’s season four finale, Graduation (EP423). Beware of spoilers if you haven’t seen The Walking Dead (EP422).
Graduation day is almost upon us, my friends! Express-post those grad announcements to Uncle Bob and Aunt Mary, because the cap-and-gown finale is right around the corner. And in true TVD fashion, The Walking Dead unleashed a whole lot of crazy in preparation for the big finish. Of course, in Mystic Falls, the “zombies” are a heck of a lot prettier than on that other show . . .
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks.
- Check out Kat Graham’s picture of Australian fun with friends and coworkers, above. [Instagram]
- We’re sending huge congratulations to Daniel Gillies and Rachael Leigh Cook, who are expecting their first child! We’re so excited for you! [People]
- And big congratulations also go to Julie Plec, whose pilot The Tomorrow People was ordered to series by the CW! [Deadline]
- Want a necklace like the one Rebekah wore last night? You’re in luck. [Peggy Li]
- Don’t miss Daniel Gillies’s movie Broken Kingdom and making-of documentary Kingdom Come on Showtime on May 15th! [Monster Machine]
- Michaela McManus’s new show The Last Ship has been picked up by TNT. Congratulations, Michaela! [Deadline]
- Candice Accola continued her dedication to Lyme Disease awareness by hosting the annual Tick-Born Disease Alliance benefit. [Hollywood Life]
- Take a look at Nina Dobrev all dressed up for the punk-themed Met Ball. [Go Fug Yourself]
- Does the Mystic Grill serve Midori? If so, customers will be seeing a familiar face in Midori promotions, as Candice Accola is taking on the job of spokesmodel for the liquor. [NY Post]
- Ian Somerhalder has joined the board of interactive news site RYOT. [The Wrap]
Ready to see The Walking Dead (EP422) again? US fans can now download the episode from Amazon or iTunes. US fans can also watch the episode for free right now at the CW site.
Download The Walking Dead:
Canadian fans can watch the episode over at the CTV website.
In case you missed ‘em:
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Walking Dead (EP422)
- Short Promo for Graduation (EP423 – Season 4 Finale!)
- Extended Promo for Graduation (EP423 – Season 4 Finale!)
- Complete Songlist for The Walking Dead (EP422)
Courtesy of Chris Mollere, Vampire Diaries’ music supervisor – follow him on Twitter!
Songs listed in order of appearance.
|Telekinesis “Lean On Me”|
|Bastille “Things We Lost In The Fire”|
|Adam Agin “Fragile Love”|
|The Boxer Rebellion “Dream”|