Candice Accola has lots to talk about in this ETonline interview. She talks about Caroline being off to college, the show’s 100th episode and Caroline’s relationship with Tyler.
TV Guide has a new interview with Joseph Morgan, who talks about Klaus’ relationship with Marcel on The Originals.
“There’s a lot of history and love in the past,” Morgan tells TVGuide.com in the video interview below. “Coming back to New Orleans and trying to kick him off the throne, [Klaus] has mixed feelings about the whole thing. That’s what allows them to have this heart-to-heart with undercurrents of, ‘I kind of want to kill you.’”
On the Vampire Diaries front, TV Fanatic has a video interview with Kendrick Sampson, who will be playing Jesse on The Vampire Diaries.
- Todd Stashwick shared this adorable photo from the set of The Originals with Leah Pipes & Joseph Morgan. [Twitter]
- Paul Wesley made an appearance at last weekend’s Mayweather vs. Alvarez Showtime party. [Zimbio]
- E! named Charles Michael Davis one of their Fall TV Crushes & got him to fill out a personality quiz. Please note, my love for him was cemented by his admission to a crush on Aunt Becky from Full House. [E! Online]
- Kat Graham looked great in a little black dress at Audi and Altuzarra’s Primetime Emmy Awards Week 2013 Kick-Off Party. [Zimbio]
- Candice Accola will be narrating the audiobook for Kami Garcia’s Unbreakable, a paranormal thriller. Garcia is the co-author of the bestselling Beautiful Creatures series. [EW]
- The Originals Comic-Con panel is free on iTunes. [iTunes]
- Nina Dobrev was named “Sexiest Style” on this years “The 2013 What is Sexy?” list by Victoria’s Secret. [Victoria's Secret]
- Kat Graham talked to MTV about the must-haves for fall fashion this year. [MTV]
- Lauren Cohen is in the October issue of Maxim. Looking good, Rose. [E!Online]
- To celebrate her birthday, Kat Graham is raising money for the UNHCR. The UNHCR helps refugees around the world. [YouTube] [Donate at UNHCR.org]
- We told you last week that Michael Trevino would be narrating the audiobook for Saving Raphael Santiago by Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan. MTV has an excerpt and interview with Trevino and you can now buy the audiobook from Audible/Amazon. [MTV] [Amazon]
- Rob Pralgo, the late Mayor Lockwood, wants your FB likes for his new movie, The Morningside Monster. [Facebook]
- Sara Canning is featured on the cover of the latest Impress Magazine. There’s also a video of her photo shoot. [Impress-mag] [YouTube]
KSiteTV has more stills from The Originals: House of the Rising Son (EP102). (We saw one courtesy of Entertainment Weekly earlier today.) Check out a preview photo below and then head over to KSiteTV to see the rest (SIXTEEN OF THEM). UPDATE: All stills added to the Gallery!
The CW has released the synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: True Lies (EP502). The episode airs Thursday, October 10 at 8/7c. Highlight for spoilers:
MISSING PERSONS - Without telling Elena (Nina Dobrev) that Stefan (Paul Wesley) is missing, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) turns to Sheriff Forbes (Marguerite MacIntyre) for help finding his brother. Elena and Caroline (Candice Accola) try to find out who is covering up a campus murder, and a fellow Whitmore student named Jesse (guest star Kendrick Sampson) gives Elena some intriguing information about Professor Wes Maxfield (guest star Rick Cosnett). While Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) struggles to return to his old life, he continues to be the only person who can see and talk to Bonnie (Kat Graham), but he can’t convince her that it’s time to let the others know that she sacrificed her own life for his. After learning that Silas is searching for Katherine, Damon asks Matt (Zach Roerig) and Jeremy to keep her out of sight, but the situation quickly spirals out of control. Finally, Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda) uses violence to make a point about her own agenda.
The episode was directed by Joshua Butler and written by Brian Young.
The CW has release the official synopsis for The Originals: House of the Rising Son (EP102), airing Tuesday, October 8th at 8/7c and re-airing on Thursday, October 10th at 9/8c. Highlight for spoilers or check out the Episode Index:
A FLASHBACK TO THE 1800s — When Rebekah (Claire Holt) arrives in New Orleans at her brother Elijah’s (Daniel Gillies) insistence, she meets Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin), who gives her some unexpected news. Concerned that her brother Klaus is up to no good, Rebekah seeks help from a reluctant Sophie (Daniella Pineda.) At her wits’ end, Hayley takes matters into her own hands, but things quickly take a dangerous turn. Determined to uncover Marcel’s (Charles Michael Davis) secret weapon, Klaus stays one step ahead and executes his plan. Meanwhile, after a run-in with Marcel, Rebekah is reminded of all the anger and disappointment Klaus has caused her throughout the years. Finally, Marcel enlists Davina’s (Danielle Campbell) help in his own dangerous plan. Leah Pipes also stars.
The episode was directed by Brad Turner and written by Diane Ademu-John and Declan de Barra.
The flashbacks are coming, the flashbacks are coming! Entertainment Weekly has an exclusive new still from the second episode of The Originals, titled House Of The Rising Son (EP102).
This time we’re going back to the 1800s, and from the looks of things Klaus wasn’t any mellower back then. The accompanying article also has some hints about the episode. Is it October yet?!
The episode, titled “House of the Rising Son,” finds Rebekah (Claire Holt) arriving in New Orleans at the insistence of good brother Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and worrying that bad brother Klaus is up to no good. Klaus, of course, is scheming against his former-protégé-turned-rival Marcel for control of the French Quarter in the present day, and Marcel has his own dangerous plan afoot.
We’re almost there! Season five of The Vampire Diaries premieres on October 3rd with I Know What You Did Last Summer (EP501). Tonight, an encore presentation of The Walking Dead (EP422 Encore) airs on the CW at 8/7c.
While you wait for new episodes, make sure you enter our #LoveTVDtoDeath giveaway to win Crissy and Vee‘s Love You to Death companion books!
Episode refresher course:
Miss a post this week?
- Official Stills for The Vampire Diaries: True Lies (EP502)
- CW Interview with Joseph Morgan (VIDEO)
- Ian Somerhalder Talks Silas & Relationships at TV Guide (VIDEO)
- EW Highlights “Six Fresh Faces” of Vampire Diaries Season 5
- Ian Somerhalder Talks Damon and Elena’s Relationship (VIDEO)
- CW Interview With Daniel Gillies (VIDEO)
- #LoveTVDtoDeath Giveaway: Tell Us Your Favorite S4 Episode & Enter to Win
- New TVDS5 Cast Portraits via TVLine
- Our Favorite Episodes of The Vampire Diaries Season 4
- Friday Night Bites, Sept 7 – 13: Tubeys, CSI, and More
- Nina Dobrev Talks Damon & Elena’s Relationship via TV Guide (VIDEO)
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: Always and Forever (EP101)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: I Know What You Did Last Summer (EP501)
Thanks to ScreenFad, we have our first look at The Vampire Diaries: True Lies (EP502), airing Thursday, October 10. Check out the pic below and then head to ScreenFad to see the rest:
UPDATE: And looks like TV Fanatic has an exclusive still from this episode.