Wanna know many official stills have been released for Plan B, episode 206 of The Vampire Diaries? TWO. Kinda worrisome, isn’t it? Also, whose ‘Plan B’ are we talking about here, anyway? Not so sure it’s Katherine’s – she seems pretty confident in her diabolical master plan. So that leaves…everyone else? Oh, dear. Also – is that a well?! You might wanna build a pillow fort around the couch, TVD fans, because we have a feeling it’s about to get real in Mystic Falls.
Let’s go over the plan again:
Catch up on this past week’s posts:
- Vampire Diaries: Kill Or Be Killed (EP206): Too strong to give up
- E! teases Katherine’s backstory + Ian talks to Hollywood Crush
- L.J. Smith’s The Secret Circle in development at the CW
- Previously on The Vampire Diaries: Kill Or Be Killed (EP205) recap round-up
- More WetPaint Q&A goodness with Executive Producer Julie Plec
- Cast video round-up: Paul Wesley, Nina Dobrev, Michael Trevino & Steven R. McQueen
- Another promotional poster featuring Katherine, Stefan & Damon
- Nina, Paul & Ian present at 2010 Scream Awards (video)
- A feast of spoilers from Zap2It, the Vampire Diaries in the Oct. 25th issue of TV Guide + Nina on KTLA this morning
- November Sweeps Vampire Diaries poster
- A Visitor’s Guide to Mystic Falls: Your Favorite Authors on The Vampire Diaries in stores now
- Julie Plec give WetPaint.com a sneak peek at Plan B (EP206)
- People’s Choice 2011 nominee selections: Vote for Vampire Diaries
- Jim Halterman interview with Kevin Williamson: “You know what game changer means…”
- Ian Somerhalder & Nina Dobrev talks Mason, Katherine & long hours
- Round-up of the Chicago Vampire Diaries Hot Topic Cast Tour stop
- Ian, Nina & Paul attend 2010 Scream Awards, Oct. 16th
- NYCC 2010: NiceGirlsTV’s press room video with Sara & Kat + Ian Birthday Project update
- NYCC 2010: Panel recap – A Canadian gal finally gets some Vampire Diaries love
- Episode stills from Rose (EP208)
- AT&T present The Vampire Diaries Lair on CWtv.com
- Seventeen: The Hot Guys of The Vampire Diaries
- NYCC 2010: IGN video interview with Vampire Diaries cast & producers
- L.A. Times interview with Ian Somerhalder: “[Damon] screwed up.”
- Official synopsis for Rose (EP208)
- Inside The Vampire Diaries: Part 3, featuring Costume Designer Jennifer Bryan
- Huge Tyler news from Julie, 4 clues from Kevin + more NYCC videos
- Celebuzz interviews Taylor Kinney: “Mason’s not that naive.”
- Donate for Project Teddy Bear photos of Ian & Paul, help LisaWalks.com fight breast cancer
E!Online has a slew of tidbits from Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec on upcoming episodes of The Vampire Diaries, including some hard facts about what we won’t be seeing when we take a trip back to 1492 Bulgaria in episode 209.
“We go back in time and show a lot about how Katherine came to be who she is,” Williamson says. “We answer a lot of questions basically. Because I think everyone’s interested in the doppelgänger or how did the line continue. And she’s a Petrova–we get into the Petrova line of it all…We show how she started, where she went, why they wanted her, why she was necessary to the story of the vampires.”
As for meeting the man or woman who turned Katherine into a bloodsucker, Williamson says not yet, but “we’ll probably go down that road eventually.”
They also touch on Katherine’s master plan, whether Elena’s fate from the books will transfer to the show (the answer may surprise you), and new love interests and other plans for Jeremy, Bonnie, and Alaric.
And MTV caught up with Ian Somerhalder on the Scream Awards red carpet to talk about Damon’s potentially torrid past.
Yeah, we know, it’s not Vampire Diaries news, but it does involve two creative forces who have been consulting and writing for Vampire Diaries this season – Sarah M. Fain and Elizabeth Craft. New York Magazine’s Vulture is reporting that the Whedonverse alums are developing L.J. Smith’s The Secret Circle for the CW.
Craft and Fain (both alums of Angel and Dollhouse) are adapting Smith’s three-book Secret Circle series for a one-hour drama about a California teen who moves to her mom’s hometown of New Salem and discovers that, just like Christine O’Donnell, she is a witch. Alloy Entertainment, the prolific production company behind CW anchors TVD and Gossip Girl, is putting together Secret Circle for the CW. Andrew Miller, who has no apparent Whedon connection but did write for the web series Imaginary Bitches, is penning a pilot script and will also exec produce.
For those unfamiliar, The Secret Circle was L.J. Smith’s second trilogy (after The Vampire Diaries), and was first published in 1992. (In fact, if you own an original copy of The Vampire Diaries: Dark Reunion, the first chapter of The Secret Circle: The Initiation can be found at the back.) Vulture covers the very basic premise above, but what’s notable is the book series features a huge cast of characters. Will be interesting to see how the pilot ends up developing just to see if all of the original coven members (there are 12 total, though it seems plausible Cassie, Adam, Diana, Faye, and probably Nick will make the cut), or… Well. In any case, you can check out the books here and here.
That being said, LJS fans…
It’s been TWO WHOLE WEEKS since the last one of these “Previously” recaps. So let us be grateful that Vampire Diaries returns with an all-new episode tomorrow, yeah? And while we’re at it, let’s refresh ourselves with
some deputy blood this recap round-up. This is by no means a comprehensive list and we’re going to try and spread the love as much as possible. Please give all of these sites a visit by clicking their author/site headers.
Think there are some clever recaps we should check out? Hit us up in the comments.
Featured in this installment: Buddy TV, The Two Cents, Hit Fix, Thomas Galvin, Give Me My Remote, Ology, Zap2It, The TV Watchtower, AOL TV Squad, BuzzSugar, TV Overmind, L.A. Times, I Heart Vampire Diaries, Vampire Diaries Online, Television Without Pity, Daemon’s TV, Smart Pop Books, and our very own Crissy Calhoun.
Wetpaint has posted more from their interview with Julie Plec. The Q&A touches on everything from time in Mystic Falls, the scope of Nina Dobrev’s transformation from Elena to Katherine, Damon and Stefan’s blood supply, and LOTS more.
Do you have any special guest stars planned?
Julie: Not anyone right now. We’re working really hard to keep our ensemble with deep rich stories and to use them as often as we can. And that’s hard enough without having to rely on big name guest stars. But we’re always open to it. Everyone’s got their fantasy list. I know the girls are all wishing that [Inception star] Joseph Gordon-Levitt would drop into Mystic Falls. I think that would make them very happy.
In case you weren’t able to watch Paul Wesley’s interview on KTLA Morning News this morning, luckily Zap2It’s Carina MacKenzie was on set to tweet/blog the action and you can watch the video proper courtesy of KTLA. It was very fun, though we’d like to implore Paul to please stay away from the Hawaiian shirts. Check out Zap2It’s write-up.
MTV caught up with Nina Dobrev on the Scream Awards red carpet and she admits her job has perks. Watch the brief video over at Hollywood Crush.
“Literally, I’ve made my rounds,” she said with a smile. “Between Katherine and Elena, I’ve madeout with almost every boy on the show. Other than my brother, thankfully.” (Though we bet Steven R. McQueen is no slouch in the smooch department.)
And last, but certainly not least, WGN-Chicago caught up with Michael Trevino and Steven R. McQueen at last week’s Hot Topic Cast Tour signing in Chicago.
With a tagline of ‘both brothers want her dead’, it’s a pretty safe bet that this poster is all about Katherine. Though it should probably be ‘anyone who knows her wants her dead’, because Ms Pierce isn’t really making friends in Mystic Falls. Click on the images below for access to the larger versions.
West coast, it’s not too late to tune in to SpikeTV’s Scream Awards at 9pm, but the East coast has already had a peek at Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, and Ian Somerhalder presenting Best Horror Actress on the Scream stage. And now we have video!
Thanks to @IHeartTVD for the heads up on the video so we could stop clicking refresh. ;)
Zap2It‘s Carina MacKenzie has been serving up some tasty spoilers for Plan B, Masquerade and beyond. Lots of tidbits about Katherine and the boys, along with some inklings of what’s in store for Bonnie, Tyler, Caroline and Matt.
The desire to take Katherine down brings Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) closer despite the century-old rift. “As psycho as Damon is, Stefan needs him as an ally,” says Wesley. And Stefan is stepping up his own game, too. Now that he’s accepted his fate as a vampire – and started drinking people blood again – he’s got a new attitude. “Stefan can’t keep being the drab individual he was in Season 1. He’s on the same playing field as Damon now.”
The Vampire Diaries is featured in the October 25th issue of TV Guide, which contains a new Stefan and Katherine picture along with a lengthy and juicy article about upcoming episodes. Click on the thumbnails for access to the readable versions. Huge thanks to Nina Dobrev Network and Blake Lively Fan for the scans.
Finally, Nina Dobrev appeared on KTLA this morning to discuss the Vampire Diaries:
Sweeps time, when the CW likes to put out delicious new promotional images to advertise the Vampire Diaries, and we’ve got the latest featuring Stefan and Elena (or Katherine?) right here. Now, when do we get the one featuring Damon? ;) Click on the images below for access to larger versions.