The writers of TVD often go for gold, hoping to stick the landing with a bold choice, mythology twist, or shippers-gird-thyself hookup — and My Brother’s Keeper followed in that proud tradition. Before I’m tempted to stretch my terrible gymnastics puns any further, let me just say: how fun was it to see Gabby Douglas in Mystic Falls being harassed by Caroline? Love that the show invited her to be a part of the shenanigans as the crown was passed to a new Miss Mystic Falls. And with this marker of a year gone by since Caroline won, Stefan dipped into ripperdom, Damon and Elena danced, and Jeremy searched for answers about the world of monsters, we can see how circumstances and characters have changed — and what will always remain constant.
Wondering what happens after that rather big ending of My Brother’s Keeper (EP407)? Head over to Zap2it for an exclusive webclip of the next day’s events in We’ll Always Have Bourbon Street (EP408). Hey, people are actually going to school! Amazing. (Zap2it’s videos aren’t embeddable, but we’ll add the embed once the CW makes the clip generally available.)
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks.
- Nina Dobrev talks TVD and The Perks Of Being A Wallflower with PopSugar. (Video above)
- Julie Plec and Greg Berlanti teaming up for a new CW adaptation of the UK show Tomorrow People.
- Michael Trevino tweets “actor being driven to an event backseat self portrait”. Looking good, Trevino!
- Sneak peek at Paul Wesley in Bello Magazine’s December issue.
- Kat Graham is no joke around the kitchen, check out the sweet potato gnocchi!
- Find out what Julie Plec is thankful for this Thanksgiving. Oh, and be sure to check out what made the list of Parks & Recreation‘s Retta, too.
- Ian Somerhalder was awarded Most Responsibility celebrity at the International Green Awards in London.
- What’s Mia Kirshner up to lately? TV Guide has the info.
- Warhouse, A Revealing Psychological Thriller Worth Watching.
- David Anders to appear on Arrow.
- People names Ian Somerhalder one of 2012s Sexies Men Alive.
- Nice article about Ian Somerhalder’s family and sustainable small business.
- Caroline Forbes: More than Vampire Barbie, a great piece by Heroine TV.
- Steven R. McQueen goes backstage to meet some of the cast at Cirque du Soleil.
- Is Tyler Lockwood an unsung hero?
- Ian Somerhalder officiating a wedding. (Video)
The CW has a clip from next week’s new episode, We’ll Always Have Bourbon Street (EP408), to brighten up your Friday afternoon. Enjoy!
Miss last night’s TVD, or need a rewatch? Here’s your chance to watch My Brother’s Keeper (EP407) again. US fans can now download the episode from Amazon or iTunes. US fans can also watch the episode for free right now at the CW site.
Download We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes:
Canadian fans can watch the episode over at the CTV website.
In case you missed ‘em:
- Reaction Post & Poll: My Brother’s Keeper (EP407)
- Short Promo for We’ll Always Have Bourbon Street (EP408)
- Extended Promo for We’ll Always Have Bourbon Street (EP408)
- Complete Songlist for My Brother’s Keeper (EP407)
A lot of fans have questions about last night’s episode (My Brother’s Keeper, EP407) and what the events mean for the relationships on the show. Zap2it interviewed Julie Plec to get some answers, not just about Damon and Elena but also about the relationship between the brothers, what’s going on with Stefan and a really nice point about Tyler’s actions last week. BEWARE OF SPOILERS.
Before the breakup, Damon and Stefan were in the best place they’ve been, as brothers, in a long time. Is that in jeopardy now?
Plec: Well, it’s been compromised by circumstance, but both of them, to their credit in the next episode, try to take the high road. What comes out of them both trying to take the high road, and to do what’s right by each other, and do right by Elena, actually launches the whole next chapter of the show.
Here’s a bit more of next week’s new episode, We’ll Always Have Bourbon Street (EP408). Enjoy!
Courtesy of Chris Mollere, Vampire Diaries’ music supervisor – follow him on Twitter!
Songs listed in order of appearance.
|Matt & Kim “Let’s Go”|
|Deap Vally “Ain’t Fair”|
|Vitamin String Quartet “Ordinary World” (Duran Duran cover)|
|Laura Veirs “Little Deschutes”|
|Vitamin String Quartet “Falling Slowly” (Swell Season cover)|
|Ed Sheeran “Kiss Me”|
PRETTY FLASHBACK CLOTHES! Here’s your first look at next week’s new episode, We’ll Always Have Bourbon Street (EP408).
THIS POST IS A STICKY. KEEP SCROLLING FOR NEW POSTS.
This year’s Miss Mystic Falls pageant is set to be more difficult than the last. As if dancing without touching wasn’t difficult enough, they’re now introducing a gymnastic component. At least, we think that’s why Olympic gymnast gold medalist Gabrielle Douglas is making a guest appearance. With Professor Shane being Shady, Klaus and Stefan in cahoots, and Tyler and Haley plotting something super secret… well, we hope Gabrielle manages to survive the episode. We’re sure that gold medal would make a useful weapon in a pinch.
Once you’ve seen the episode and shaken yourself back to reality, swing by here to rate the new episode of The Vampire Diaries. All discussion about the episode is welcomed and encouraged in the comments of this post.
Remember, some parts of Canada watch the show an hour earlier, so beware of spoilers and avoid the comments if you haven’t seen the episode yet.
Quick guide to the poll options: Due to various reasons we won’t go into, fandom may be a tad combustible tonight. Be they flames of passion or anger, we’ve got you covered with a whole bunch of fire extinguishers.
5 fire extinguishers = LOVE, 1 fire extinguisher = MEH.