- I’m pretty jealous of Steven McQueen hanging out with Gary Oldman. [McQueeninchains]
- Looks like Kat Graham got a new furry friend for Hanukkah, courtesy of her fiance. [katgrahampics]
- Kat talked to Just Jared about a broad range of topics, including on set pranks, her wedding, and her celebrity crush. [JustJared]
- Kat and her fiance rang the bell at the NASDAQ MarketSite. [Zimbio]
- DoSomething.org put Ian Somerhalder on their list of Top 20 Celebs Gone Good of 2013. [dosomething.org]
- Not even a cheese hat can dampen Charles Michael Davis’ smolder. [charlesmd]
- E! News named Paul Wesley their Hottie of the Year. [ENews]
- Daniel Gillies talked to Huffington Post Canada about season 3 of Saving Hope and also answers a couple questions about The Originals. [HuffPo]
- Happy New Year from Joseph Morgan & Persia White. [JosephMorgan]
- Leah Pipes stuns in the current issue of Glamoholic. [Glamoholic.com]
- Taylor Kinney’s new film, The Other Woman, has a new trailer. It stars Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, and Kate Upton. [YouTube]
Miss a post over the holidays?
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- TVGN to Air The Originals Marathon on Sat, January 11th
- Official Stills for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- TONIGHT – Vampire Diaries: The Cell (EP509 Encore) Airs at 8/7c
- Mid-season Poll: Favorite Episode of The Vampire Diaries Season 5 (So Far)?
- Mid-season Poll: What’s Your Favorite Episode of The Originals Season 1 (So Far)?
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- Enter the CW’s #PickMeTVD Contest! (VIDEO)
The CW has released the official synopsis for The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111), airing Tuesday, January 21st. Highlight for spoilers:
WITCH BUSINESS — When Davina (Danielle Campbell) becomes violently ill and the repercussions soon begin to affect the entire French Quarter, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis), Klaus (Joseph Morgan), Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Rebekah (Claire Holt) rush to find out what is going on. Sophie (Daniella Pineda) approaches the others with some startling information about the Harvest Festival and presents a drastic plan to save Davina. Elsewhere, Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) is racked with guilt as she comes clean to Elijah about her role in Sophie’s plan. Last, a sequence of unforeseen events sends shockwaves through the French Quarter.
The episode was directed by Leslie Libman and written by Marguerite MacIntyre and Diane Ademu-John.
The CW has released the official synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511), airing Thursday, January 23rd. Highlight for spoilers:
THE 100th EPSIODE [sic]: FLASHBACKS TO KATHERINE’S EARLY LIFE — As she faces a new crisis, Katherine (Nina Dobrev) remembers the traumatic night in 1490 when she gave birth to the daughter who was immediately taken from her. Stefan (Paul Wesley) lets Elena, Caroline (Candice Accola) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) know that Katherine’s health has taken a turn for the worse, while Damon (Ian Somerhalder) Matt (Zach Roerig) and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) discuss some of Katherine’s most notorious moments. Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda) comes up with a frightening plan to protect her mother, and Stefan and Elena are forced to help her. Meanwhile, Caroline is mortified when she realizes she forgot to fill Elena in on the latest shocking gossip, then indulges in a little scandalous behavior of her own. Finally, Elena and Katherine share an unexpected moment of connection.
The episode was directed by Chris Grismer and written by Julie Plec and Caroline Dries.
Are you over the holiday hiatus as much as we are? Yeah, we thought so, but here’s some good news via TV By the Numbers: TVGN (TV Guide Network) will be showing the first nine episodes of The Originals, back-to-back, on Saturday, January 11th, starting at 2pm ET/PT.
So if you have any hold-outs amongst your friends and family, check your local listings and make sure they catch the TVGN marathon on Saturday before The Originals returns the following Tuesday, January 14th at 8/7c on the CW. (That’s less than two weeks away, by the way. We can survive this!)
KSiteTV has our first stills from The Vampire Diaries’ 100th episode, 500 Years of Solitude, airing Thursday, January 23rd at 8/7c. See an image below and check out the rest at KSiteTV.
Happy New Year! We’re delighted to see you here with us in 2014. New episodes of both The Vampire Diaries and The Originals return later this month. In the meantime, you can catch an encore airing of The Cell (EP509) tonight on the CW at 8/7c.
Episode refresher course:
What’s Next . . .
- Tuesday, Jan. 14: The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- Thursday, Jan. 23: The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
We’ve had ten episodes of breathtaking, head-scratching crazycakes so far in The Vampire Diaries Season 5, and things are set to get even more WTF-y when the show returns with its 100th episode, 500 Years of Solitude, on Thursday, January 23rd at 8/7c on the CW. As we await the show’s return, what Season 5 episode has rocked your world the most so far?
And yep, just like The Originals mid-season poll, we’re giving you one vote. Yes, we are mean. Sorry.
As we wait for the return of The Originals on Tuesday, January 14th at 8/7c on the CW, how about chiming in on your favorite episode of the show’s inaugural season so far? (Poll for favorite Vampire Diaries Season 5 episode so far goes up tomorrow!)
And yes, we’re making it tough – you can only choose one!
The CW has released the official synopsis for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110), airing Tuesday, January 14th. Highlight for spoilers:
TAKING BACK POWER — As the French Quarter prepares for its annual celebration of the Casket Girls Festival, Cami (Leah Pipes) suffers through as Davina (Danielle Campbell) attempts to free her of Klaus’ (Joseph Morgan) mind compulsion. Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) form an unlikely alliance as Klaus sets his plan in motion to get Davina back. Once it’s known that Davina is missing, Sophie (Daniella Pineda) gets in on the hunt to track her down. Meanwhile, Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) is forced to make a tough decision after receiving an unexpected phone call, and Rebekah (Claire Holt) sets her own plan in motion when she enlists the help of someone from Marcel’s past.
The episode was directed by Jesse Warn and written by Charlie Charbonneau and Michelle Paradise.
Have you heard about the #PickMeTVD contest the CW is running in honor of the one hundredth episode of The Vampire Diaries? Just make a quick Vampire Diaries reenactment video on Vine or Instagram and tweet it with the hashtag #PickMeTVD for a chance to be in a special rehash video. Watch the video below for details: