We only have three things to say about tonight’s encore of Let the Right One In (EP17) airing at 8/7c on the CW:
- It is our favorite episode thus far. Yes, even after the awesome of Founder’s Day.
- A truly unsettling final sequence of scenes.
- Team Blood & Beer.
Congrats to @KelseyRemi for coming up with this week’s caption! She gets a Mads Langer CD. Thanks to our Twitter followers to playing along and making us laugh. We love you guys.
Catch up on this past week’s posts, featuring a crapton of Comic Con stuff!:
- Comic Con 2010: Michael Trevino talks to CW Source + TV Guide photobooth pictures of Nina, Paul & Ian
- Comic Con 2010: More video interviews from BuzzSugar & DigitalSpy
- Comic Con 2010: Hollywood Crush talk to Ian, Nina & Julie + Entertainment Weekly’s Vampire Diaries cast portrait
- Comic Con 2010: EW’s Ausiello talks to the cast + CW Source chat with Matt Davis
- Comic Con 2010: Warner Bros. chats with Vampire Diaries cast & producers
- Comic Con 2010: E! video interviews with Ian, Nina, Paul, Steven, Matt & Kev
- New Tubeys polls: Vote for Damon, Anna & Matt
- Comic Con 2010: Keck’s Exclusives interview with Julie Plec & Kevin Williamson
- Comic Con 2010: TV.com video interviews with Vampire Diaries cast
- Comic Con 2010: Various images from the red carpet, Vampire Diaries panel, WB booth & the EW/SyFy party
- Comic Con 2010: Vampire Diaries in TV Guide Magazine
- Comic Con 2010: Paul Wesley & Steven R. McQueen at TV.com NOW Awards, July 23
- Comic Con 2010: Vampire Diaries WB booth signing & panel, July 24
- Comic Con 2010: Kevin Williamson at TV Guide’s 2010 Hot List panel, July 23
- Comic Con 2010: Steven R. McQueen at Piranha 3D event, July 22
- Vampire Diaries cast, CNN’s iReport & a Comic Con assignment
- CW Sourcies wrap-up: Vampire Diaries wins 8 out of 10 categories
CW Source caught up with Michael Trevino at Comic Con to talk lycanthropy, Lockwood and ladies. They’ve promised more interviews are to come, so we’ll get them posted as soon as they’re up.
And TV Guide’s Comic Con photo booth pictures are up, including pics of Nina, Paul and Ian. If there are more, we’ll be sure to add them.
CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Thanks to everyone who entered. We will be choosing and notifying the winner on Thursday, August 19th.
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete First Season comes to DVD and Blu-Ray on August 31st – as if you’d forgotten, right? Fans were treated to a sneak peak of the blooper reel this past weekend, courtesy of Ian Somerhalder. For those who somehow missed out – U.S. fans can visit Warner Bros.’ Vampire Diaries on DVD site and enter TAKETHEMHOME into the special code box. You’ll be treated to a very amusing segment of bloopers.
To drum up even more anticipation for the DVD/Blu-Ray release, we’re giving away a Vampire Diaries prize pack containing the Vampire Diaries DVD, and a Vampire Diaries hat, shirt, bag and journal, courtesy of Warner Bros. Want this stuff? Here’s what you do:
- You must be a U.S. resident to enter. (Don’t worry, international fans, we’ll have something for you later.) Also, YOU CAN ONLY ENTER ONCE.
- Fill out the form below. Giveaway deadline is AUGUST 18TH.
- We will randomly select/notify the winner on August 19th.
PRIVACY STATEMENT: Any and all information provided in the form will only be used for this contest and will not be passed on to anyone. All info will be deleted when the contest is over.
CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED!
Check out a clip from Bloodlines, featuring Jeremy and Anna (courtesy of Warner Bros.): “THERE’S NO SUCH THING”
You can also see an exclusive new image from Friday Night Bites below:
So much good stuff from Comic Con – buckling under the weight of it all. First up – BuzzSugar has press room interview footage with Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, Kevin Williamson, and Matt Davis. One particularly interesting tidbit dropped: Kev says the fourth episode of Season 2 will be an 1864 flashback episode.
And DigitalSpy has several one-on-ones with the Vampire Diaries crew. You can see the Julie Plec interview below and check out Kevin Williamson, Matt Davis, Nina Dobrev, and Paul Wesley over on DigitalSpy’s YouTube channel.
Hollywood Crush caught up with Julie Plec, Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev to discuss the Damon/Katherine kiss and teasers about the season 2 opening sequence.
Entertainment Weekly’s Vampire Diaries cast portrait from Comic Con is up online, featuring Paul Wesley, Michael Trevino, Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder, Steven R. McQueen and Matt Davis
and his purple pants.
EW’s Michael Ausiello sat down for a chat with the Vampire Diaries gang who were at Comic Con on Saturday to discuss all kinds of season 2 tidbits. The first interview is with Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder and Matt Davis, and the second is with Kevin Williamson, Julie Plec, Steven R. McQueen and Michael Trevino. No embed, so you need to head on over to the EW article to see
Matt’s purple pants them.
UPDATE: For those of you confused about the conflicting Duke spoilers, Julie has kindly cleared it up for us. Elena will be accompanying Alaric and Damon on the trip to Duke.
And there’s an interview with Matt Davis up on KTLA in which Jenna and Isobel are discussed, along with Alaric’s friendship with Damon and whether he would be tempted by becoming a vampire.
Warner Bros. has a snazzy video up from Comic Con, featuring footage with Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, and Ian Somerhalder from the WB’s Vampire Diaries booth signing, and a sit down interview with Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec.
UPDATE: Added the CW’s YouTube video so fans outside of the U.S. can view it.
E!’s Watch with Kristin cornered Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Steven R. McQueen, Matt Davis, and Kevin Williamson on the Comic Con press line and topics range from happy endings (and the lack thereof), the fun in tricking the Vampire Diaries audience, and the weirdness of bodyguards to crime-fighting teams and new characters, and more.
You can watch Steven’s interview below (we love his overall take on Jeremy in Season 2: “You know, he’s got so many loose screws that I think he’s an entity unto himself”) and watch the rest of the interviews over on E!Online.
New Monday, new round of polls in Television Without Pity’s Tubeys! You know the drill by now: every Monday a new round of polls goes up, you have one week to vote, and then the winners are announced on August 25th. This week we have three Vampire Diaries characters up in three different categories: Damon Salvatore is nominated in Favorite Character, Anna is up for Most Welcome New Character, and Matt Donovan is standing strong in Most Wrongly Underused Character. So head over to Television Without Pity and get yer vote on!
TV Guide’s William Keck caught up with Vampire Diaries producers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec at Comic Con and they spill a lot about what they’re keeping in mind as they delve into Season 2. So for everyone who’s wondered about Bonnie’s parents, Caroline’s dad, those mortality issues, and exactly how connected Tyler will be to a full moon… Well, this is a good read. They’re thinking about this stuff, too.
(Also – may have swooned a bit over the “wall of death” mention. Red and I joke about this all the time.)
TV Guide Magazine: What about another Halloween episode?
Williamson: We’re not looking at the show as if a whole year has passed, but we will have an episode timed to Halloween, which will be a huge masquerade ball that we’re now thinking of as a possible two-parter. S–t will hit the fan.
Because the last Halloween bash ended so well!