February sweeps are over, so we’ve got a couple weeks of repeats. Tonight: After School Special (EP410). New episodes return with Bring It On (EP416) on March 14th.
Episode refresher course:
Miss a post this week?
- Official Synopsis for Because the Night (EP417)
- TV Guide: Julie Plec on Tyler, Caroline, Elena, Klaus, Bonnie & Prom
- Julie Plec Interview Roundup + New Promo: Losing Control
- TVD Rehash with Malese Jow: Stand by Me (EP515)
- Official Synopsis for Bring It On (EP416)
- Episode Downloads for Stand by Me (EP415)
- Complete Songlist for Stand By Me (EP415)
- Extended Promo for Bring It On (EP416)
- Short Promo for Bring It On (EP416)
- Reaction Post & Poll: Vampire Diaries – Stand by Me (EP415)
- Candice Accola Discusses Caroline’s Future with TV Guide
- Vampire-Diaries.Net: 0 Deaths In 4 Years! We’re a Mystic Falls Miracle.
Ah, high school. A place of power dynamics between cruel teachers and unruly students, where tensions over alliances and over lost loves run high. And, of course, at Mystic Falls High, it’s an even more heightened reality than a regular high school — one where the stand-in teacher Rebekah can compel her would-be pupils into revealing whatever she wants them to. After School Special lived up to its name, but instead of dealing with teen pregnancy or the dangers of drugs (you’ll jump off the school roof!), it was a lesson in truth, lies, and the power of both to hurt.
Uncomfortable conversations! No running in the halls! More uncomfortable conversations! Pizza! After School Special had a lot going on last week, so if you’d like to brush up before tomorrow night’s episode, this is the post for you.
Crissy Calhoun’s review is still forthcoming, but don’t panic! We have a whole crowd of great recaps and reviews for your perusing pleasure. Enjoy!
Arielle Kebbel is back with another TVD Rehash, this time for After School Special (EP410). Enjoy!
Want another After School Special (EP410)? US fans can now download the episode from Amazon or iTunes. US fans can also watch the episode for free right now at the CW site.
Download After School Special:
Canadian fans can watch the episode over at the CTV website.
In case you missed ‘em:
- Reaction Post & Poll: After School Special (EP410)
- Short Promo for Catch Me If You Can (EP411)
- Extended Promo for Catch Me If You Can (EP411)
- Complete Songlist for After School Special (EP410)
Courtesy of Chris Mollere, Vampire Diaries’ music supervisor – follow him on Twitter!
Songs listed in order of appearance.
|Mona “Shooting the Moon”|
|The Hives “Go Right Ahead”|
|The Neighbourhood “Female Robbery”|
|Snow Patrol “New York”|
|Jimmy Jules “Nothing Will Ever Change (This Love of Mine)”|
THIS POST IS A STICKY. KEEP SCROLLING FOR NEW POSTS.
Welcome back, Vampire Diaries fans! We hope you all took time over the hiatus to steel your nerves for the return of the show, because we all know the writers take great delight in toying with our emotions. Tonight’s episode is all about Jeremy’s arms. Okay, maybe there’s some other stuff (such as Bonnie getting over the shock with the rest of us that her dad actually exists, and Rebekah catching up on all the gossip since she got daggered. Again), but Jeremy’s arms do feature heavily.
Once you’ve seen the episode and shaken yourself back to reality, swing by here to rate the new episode of The Vampire Diaries. All discussion about the episode is welcomed and encouraged in the comments of this post.
Remember, some parts of Canada watch the show an hour earlier, so beware of spoilers and avoid the comments if you haven’t seen the episode yet.
Quick guide to the poll options: In Mystic Falls, students get grades for stake sharpening and brewing vervain tea… because they’re rarely in school.
5 grades = LOVE, 1 grade = MEH.
Congratulations! You’ve survived the hiatus! The Vampire Diaries returns to the CW tonight with After School Special (EP410) at 8/7c, and surely nothing alarming will happen at all, right? Right. Note: New episodes will return in the U.K. in February; when we get an exact date we’ll let you know!
Prepare Yourself for After School Special:
- Read the synopsis
- See the episode stills
- Watch the short promo
- Watch the extended promo
- Watch the webclip
- Watch another webclip
Miss a post the past two weeks?
- Claire Holt Talks Rebekah, Stefan & the Cure on TV Guide’s Vampire Diaries Bite (AUDIO)
- New From EW: Julie Plec On Originals Spinoff + Claire Holt On Rebekah’s Return
- Official Synopsis for Into the Wild (EP413)
- Previously On The Vampire Diaries: O Come All Ye Faithful (EP409)
- Exclusive Clip From After School Special (EP410) via TV Guide
- The Originals Spinoff Pilot in the Works at the CW
- New Webclip For After School Special (EP410)
- Official Synopsis For A View to a Kill (EP412)
- Episode Stills from After School Special (EP410)
- First Look at After School Special (EP410) at Zap2it
- E!Online Unveils New Vampire Diaries Promo Pics
In preparation for tonight’s return of The Vampire Diaries, TV Guide‘s Robyn Ross talked to Claire Holt about what’s coming up for Rebekah in tonight’s After School Special (EP410) as well as the rest of the season. What is Rebekah’s goal? Will she be using Stefan for that goal or might she have more complicated feelings? Watch the video to find out!
News of The Originals spinoff has caused quite a sensation in the fandom. Everyone is asking questions about how it will work and above all, who we might see on it.
Entertainment Weekly interviewed Julie Plec on the topic, and she not only gives some details about the show’s mysterious new character, Marcel, she also has a few things to say about the possibility of guest stars that will have Elijah fans doing cartwheels in the aisles.
Would there be a role for Elijah (Daniel Gillies) in the spinoff, because there needs to be.
[Plec] Oh, in the world of Julie Plec [Laughs] and her obsession with Daniel Gillies, there is always a role for Elijah. It’s only a matter of whether in Daniel Gillies’ world there is an interest in having a job with Julie Plec. But I can hope the answer is yes.
When asked about the role of Rebekah, and whether we might be seeing Claire Holt in New Orleans, Julie allows for the possibility but does point out that Rebekah is very much in the middle of things on TVD right now, not to mention extremely put out with Klaus. Fortunately for Rebekah fans, Entertainment Weekly also spoke with Claire Holt recently, and she sheds a little more light (spoilers!) on what Rebekah’s up to in tomorrow night’s episode.
“Rebekah gathers Stefan, Elena, and Caroline in the high school and she basically psychologically tortures them,” Holt says. “She questions them about the tattoo, and the cure, and Stefan and Elena’s relationship, and it brings some uncomfortable truths to light. It’s definitely going to be much more difficult for Caroline, Elena, and Stefan than it is for Rebekah.”