The People’s Choice Awards have just announced their official nominees, and voting is open from now through December 5th. Click here to vote. You can also vote on Twitter, and you can vote as many times as you wish, so get to it! Unfortunately, we can’t link to the specific categories this time, but here are the shows’ nominations:
Favorite Actor in a New TV Series: Joseph Morgan
Favorite On-Screen Chemistry: Damon and Elena
Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show: The Vampire Diaries
Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor: Ian Somerhalder
Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actress: Nina Dobrev
Favorite New TV Drama: The Originals
The People’s Choice Awards has launched their nominations round and The Vampire Diaries and The Originals are up in several categories. Time to get voting if we want to see them on the final ballots! See the categories below and then head over to the People’s Choice website to start voting your hearts out. Clicking each category listed will take you straight to that particular category on the PCA website. Remember that you can also write in your own choices in this round. You can vote for up to FIVE nominees in each category, so spread the love!
Go Forth and Nominate!
- Favorite Actor in a New TV Series: Joseph Morgan
- Favorite TV Bromance: Stefan & Damon
- Favorite TV Gal Pals: Elena, Bonnie & Caroline
- Favorite On-Screen Chemistry: Damon & Elena
- Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show: The Vampire Diaries
- Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Star: Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley
Congratulations to The Vampire Diaries on it’s Teen Choice Awards wins! TVD took home Choice TV Show: Fantasy/Sci-Fi, Choice TV Actor: Fantasy/Sci-Fi: Ian Somerhalder and Choice TV Actress: Fantasy/Sci-Fi: Nina Dobrev
- Ian Somerhalder – Teen Choice Awards 2013 Red Carpet [JustJared]
- Teen Choice Awards 2013: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ star Nina Dobrev rocks a paint-splattered jumpsuit in style [Zap2it]
- Kat Graham Talks Vampire Diaries Season 5 and Music – 2013 Teen Choice Awards [ClevverTV]
Big thanks to youtube user r0man1st for the videos.
There have been a lot of questions about how the fall premiere of The Originals will work, since we’ve already had a backdoor pilot. Fortunately, Zap2it has some answers for us, as well as some hints about a new character we’ll be seeing in the fall.
Chronologically, the new “Originals” premiere will follow the backdoor pilot. That episode — and everything that happened in it — will still exist in the show’s universe. The purpose of the new premiere is instead to move the story forward and to introduce the characters and concepts to new viewers who may not have watched “The Vampire Diaries” in the past.
Meanwhile, in Mystic Falls, Graduation (EP423) has picked up some nods over at Entertainment Weekly‘s 2013 Season Finale Awards. The Vampire Diaries comes away with wins in the following categories: Best Non-Romantic Cliff-Hanger, Best Fight (Verbal or Physical), Most Disturbing Image and Most Rewound Moment.
Want to know which scenes got the nods? FIND OUT AT ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY.
It’s that time of year again: The Teen Choice Awards have announced their first wave of nominations. The Vampire Diaries as a whole is up for Choice TV Show: Fantascy/Sci-Fi. Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley are both up for Choice TV Actor: Fantasy/Sci-Fi. Nina Dobrev and Kat Graham are both nominated for Choice TV Actress: Fantasy/Sci-Fi. Congratulations, everybody!
From the press release:
TEEN CHOICE 2013 will once again break into summer and celebrate the hottest teen icons in television, music, film, sports, fashion, comedy and the web in the choicest, star-studded two-hour event airing live Sunday, August 11 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX. “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2″ leads the TEEN CHOICE 2013 nominees with seven nominations.
Starting today, fans ages 13-19 can vote once each day per category for their favorite TEEN CHOICE 2013 “Wave One” nominees at www.teenchoiceawards.com. Host(s), performers, presenters and additional nominees will be announced soon.
It’s that time again! Nominations are out for the 2013 TV Guide Magazine’s Fan Favorite Awards. The Vampire Diaries is up in three categories: Best Science Fiction, Best Couple (Damon and Elena) and Best Villain (Klaus). There is some seriously tough competition this year, so every vote counts!
The good news is that you can vote multiple times, and it looks like there may be new categories opening for voting over the next few days.
Voting ends on March 11th, 2013 at 12:00 pm EST. Winners will be announced in the April 22nd issue of TV Guide Magazine.
Voting is open, so head on over to Facebook and vote, vote vote!
TV Guide has new, exclusive guest star news: Cynthia Addai-Robinson will appear on the March 21st episode of The Vampire Diaries as Bonnie Bennett’s new mentor in magic.
Spartacus: War of the Damned actress Cynthia Addai-Robinson will play Aja, a powerful witch, with a connection to Bonnie’s mother, who comes to Mystic Falls to help Bonnie control her magic.
And the 38th annual Saturn Awards have announced this year’s nominees and The Vampire Diaries is up for Best Youth-Oriented Series on Television.
The Vampire Diaries and cast are finalists in the People’s Choice Awards. Yes, the fans have managed to vote ‘em all into the PCA finals.
And it looks like the TVD Family made into the final round for Favorite TV Fan Following, so be sure to vote for yourselves, too! Congrats to Nina, Ian, Paul, and everyone involved in bringing TVD to our screens every Thursday, and to the fans as well.
Check out the nominations and then vote, vote, vote! And, just like previous years, you can vote via Twitter as well. See the end of the post for easy copy-and-paste tweets to vote.
You can vote TVD in each of the following categories:
- Favorite SciFi/Fantasy TV Show: The Vampire Diaries
- Favorite Dramatic TV Actor: Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder
- Favorite Dramatic TV Actress: Nina Dobrev
- Favorite TV Fan Following: TVD Family
The People’s Choice Awards 2013 will air January 9, 2013 on CBS.
Copy and paste your votes:
I just voted for Vampire Diaries #scifishow #PeoplesChoice. Retweet to vote http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/votenow.jsp via @peopleschoice
I just voted for Ian Somerhalder #dramatictvactor #PeoplesChoice. Retweet to vote http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/votenow.jsp via @peopleschoice
I just voted for Paul Wesley #dramatictvactor #PeoplesChoice. Retweet to vote http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/votenow.jsp via @peopleschoice
I just voted for Nina Dobrev #dramatictvactress #PeoplesChoice. Retweet to vote http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/votenow.jsp via @peopleschoice
I just voted for TVDFamily #tvfans #PeoplesChoice. Retweet to vote http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/votenow.jsp via @peopleschoice
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks. Please insert theme song by Explosions in the Sky here and enjoy.
- Paul Wesley and Torrey DeVitto attended the Entertainment Weekly Pre-Emmy Party Presented By L’Oreal Paris (picture above).
- Ian Somerhalder at the Strut Your Mutt fundraiser for the Best Friends Animal Society.
- And video of Ian at Strut Your Mutt!
- Kat Graham tweeted a pic of herself in Disfunkshion Mag.
- Photo of Steven R. McQueen and Zach Roerig at the opening of Taco Bell’s Graduate To Go Studio.
- Nina Dobrev, Candice Accola and Kat Graham sparkled at the 2012 iHeartRadio Music Festival.
- TV Guide’s Matt Roush gives some thoughts on TVD Season 3 in Sunday’s edition of Ask Matt.
- E!Online will be livestreaming the Environmental Media Awards on Saturday, check it out and keep an eye out for Ian Somerhalder!
- If you’ve ever wanted a look at Ian’s early days as a teenage model, today is your lucky day.
- Paul Wesley and Torrey DeVitto were on hand for the Humane Society’s H-Couture 2012 Fur-Free Fashion Show.
- Nina Dobrev talks The Perks of Being a Wallflower with FanBolt and Collider.
- And check out her Toronto International Film Festival portrait.
- Want to win a chat with Daniel Gillies and Rachael Leigh Cook? Paste Magazine is running a pretty sweet contest.
- Sara Canning’s new show, Primeval: New World, now has a trailer!
- Cosmopolitan Australia dubs Phoebe Tonkin their Rising Star of the Year.
- Our long (inter)national nightmare is over: iphignia939 is posting about TVD again!
- Need something to sip while watching season four? Check out this themed tea!
Way to go fandom! The Vampire Diaries came out a winner at this year’s Teen Choice Awards, taking home Favorite Sci-fi/Fantasy Show. Ian Somerhalder took home Choice TV Actor and Choice Male Hottie, Nina Dobrev won Choice TV Actress, Candice Accola took home Choice Female TV Scene Stealer, Michael Trevino got the nod for Choice Male TV Scene Stealer. Congratulations to the entire cast and all the award winners for another big year at Teen Choice!
And here’s Ian’s win for Choice Male Hottie:
Paul Wesley presented Choice Movie Comedy with Adam Rodriguez and Jordin Sparks:
And Nina Dobrev presented Choice Music Group with Kevin Hart: