Those “Best Of 2011” lists just keep on comin’! Here’s the latest round-up of lists where The Vampire Diaries or its cast has made the cut.
- Vote for Vampire Diaries in E!Online‘s Best of 2011: Top 10 “OMG” TV Moments.
- Our show clocks in at #14 on TV Guide‘s list of The Best TV Shows of 2011.
- TV Guide lists The Sun Also Rises (EP221) as one of 2011’s Best Episodes of TV.
- The soap dish gets a nod at Entertainment Weekly as one of the best props of 2011.
- TVD has two nods on FearNet‘s Best TV Kills list, with the honors going to Elijah and Stefan.
- Via HitFix, TVD is number 9 on The Fien Print’s TV Top 10.
- Definitely one of the Highlights of 2011, via ATV Today.
- Number 10 on Tube Talk’s Top 25 Shows of 2011.
- Tyler’s transformation got a well-earned nod on this list of Best TV Moments of 2011, via The Examiner.
- Price Peterson gave TVD the spotlight for TV.com‘s staff Editors’ Picks.
- The Vampire Diaries is #5 on Canyon News‘ list of Top Movies and Television Shows of 2011.
- The TV Chick name checks TVD as the “Best Twisty Drama” of 2011.
We are officially just over two weeks away from the return of new Vampire Diaries episodes, so it’s time to get worried again! (Or maybe wait until after the holidays? Or do you like your anxiety peppermint-flavored?) All signs point to conflict among the various characters and factions in Mystic Falls, and while that may make for some tense television viewing, it also makes for fabulous television viewing, no? So as we plod through these last two weeks, feast on some teases in the meantime:
- Julie Plec tells TV Guide that someone’s future is “looking bleak” in Mystic Falls.
- And Julie tells TV Line that Our Town (EP311) is going to be a “big” episode for just about all of our favorite characters. There’s also good news if you’ve been hankering for another Salvatore fight.
- Via Zap2It, Julie talks Rebekah and Klaus.
- And E!Online’s Watch With Kristin has a tease about kissing and a departure.
It never gets old seeing The Vampire Diaries pop up on more Best of 2011 lists!
- The A.V. Club‘s writers vote The Vampire Diaries into the #22 slot on their Best TV of 2011 Top 30. “Embrace the crazy—it’s done properly on The Vampire Diaries.”
- Television Without Pity is piecing out their 2011 Year in Review: They pick the evolution of Ripper Stefan as one of 2011’s Memorable TV Moments. They also name-check Paul Wesley as one of the year’s Most Valuable Performers.
- The Vampire Diaries pops up everywhere in on various BuddyTV lists. First up, Homecoming (EP309) lands at #41 on the 50 Best TV Episodes of 2011 list. The Vampire Diaries #7 in 11 Best Returning Shows of 2011. On the 100 Reasons We Loved TV in 2011 list: Anna and Vicki returning in the Season 2 finale at #38 and the “death” of Matt at #75.
- Following up the TVD cast’s strong showing in BuddyTV‘s 100 Sexiest Men of 2011 list, the site shows the ladies some love in the TV’s 100 Sexiest Women of 2011: #55 Claire Holt, #43 Nina Dobrev, and #16 Candice Accola.
- Speaking of hot, you can vote for Ian Somerhalder as Hottest Male in Virgin Media‘s TV Awards.
- Environmental website Treehugger gives the Vampire Diaries cast a “hit” in their 7 Biggest Celebrity Hits and Misses of 2011 list.
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks. Please insert theme song by Explosions in the Sky here and enjoy.
- The photo above comes from Joseph Morgan’s new movie Warhouse. Head to the facebook page for the full size version and to see more new photos from the film.
- Director Luke Massey also shared some behind-the-scenes images on his blog.
- The very model of a Vampire Diaries fan!
- Some of Nina Dobrev’s favorite spots around Atlanta.
- Here’s your chance to help animals and get signed books by our own Crissy Calhoun: Bid on the Authors Against Animal Abuse auction for Love You to Death and Love You to Death 2!
- Check out this photo, tweeted by Kat Graham.
- Paul Wesley and Torrey DeVitto talk Christmas with E! Online.
- Give Ian Somerhalder a vote in this Favorite Sexy Guy of 2011 poll!
- We have the feeling we’re going to see this dress of Nina Dobrev’s on a lot of ‘best of’ lists for 2011.
- Nina also made this list of dream Golden Globe nominations.
- and talks a little bit about staying fit during the holidays.
- Ian Somerhalder has some things to say about extinction.
If you’ve ever been moved to tears by The Vampire Diaries, take comfort in the fact that you’re not alone: Executive Producer Julie Plec picks her eight favorite TVD “cry” moments for Entertainment Weekly‘s 2011 round-up, and chances are at least one of your picks is also on her list. (We know quite a few of them have been mentioned in recappers’ Top 3 Moments.) Julie not only talks about the moments themselves but gives insight into how some of them came to be, the themes at work within the overall story of The Vampire Diaries, and why she cries every time she hears Birdy’s “Skinny Love.”
I think that our most successful emotional moments on the show — I go back and look at Rose’s death, when Damon has to put her out of her misery — they’re all very human, real moments. It’s a guy who just needs to hear the voice of his touchstone, of the love of his life, to let him have a better day. It’s about a girl wanting to be reunited with her mother who she was lost from. It’s about a woman admitting at first she’s afraid, but then that she’s okay to die, and a guy who has intimacy issues being willing to end it for her so she can have peace. It’s all rooted in very simple and very primal human emotional instincts, which I think is why it strikes people in their gut a little.
And more Best of 2011 goodness!
- First: Have you voted for The Vampire Diaries and cast in TV.com’s Best of 2011 poll? No? Well, it’s not too late: Voting ends January 2nd, so that’s plenty of time to give TVD’s checkboxes a tick in the following categories: Best Overall Series of 2011, Best SciFi or Fantasy Series, Best Teen Series for Grown-Ups, Nina Dobrev in Best Dramatic Actress, Stefan Salvatore and Elena Gilbert in Favorite TV Couple, Damon Salvatore and Caroline Forbes for Most Lovable “Monster”, Klaus for Biggest Badass, and you can let TV.com know your favorite 2011 TV quotes here.
- Thanks to V-D.net forumite DianaPauline for the heads up that Entertainment Weekly has named The Reckoning (EP305) as one of the top 10 TV episodes of 2011 in their December 23/30 issue. It clocks in at #10.
If the winter hiatus is getting you down, we’ve got just the thing to perk you up a bit. Steven R. McQueen is featured in the latest issue of Bello Magazine (it’ll be out on December 15th!), and you’ll definitely want to get your hands on a copy. You can see some of the pictures and get a hint about the article here at Socialite Life.
TV Line caught up with Julie Plec yesterday for a tidbit or two about what’s to come when Vampire Diaries returns on January 5th. Seems as though Stefan will be keeping busy in his mission to outwit/outplay Klaus and some people aren’t terribly happy about it. And as for other “tensions”:
“When Elena and Damon finally have the opportunity to confront [Stefan] about his recent actions, his response makes Damon think twice about acting on his feelings for Elena.”
More Best of 2011 Lists::
- The results of E!Online’s Top TV Drama of 2011 poll are in and Vampire Diaries lands at #3 on the list.
- Klaus comes in at #2 on BuddyTV’s Best New Characters of 2011: “A perfect villain.”
- BuddyTV also name-checks The Vampire Diaries as having the “Best Love Polygon” in their Best Relationships of 2011 list.
We’re less than a month away from the return of The Vampire Diaries on Thursday, January 5th, and that means plenty of time for lots of speculation about our favorite Mystic Falls citizens. But what about those yet-to-be-introduced Original siblings still chilling in their coffins? Last week, E! asked readers to choose who they’d like to see cast as the remaining Originals and the results included Eliza Dushku, Devon Sawa, and Katie Cassidy. Check out the full list at E!Online.
And Zap2It put forth their own list of 10 actors they’d like to see grace The Vampire Diaries with their Original-y presence. (We may or may not have drawn hearts around Christopher Egan’s name on our monitors.)
Have your own dreamcasting picks? Hit us up in the comments.
MTV News is working through their 50 choices for 2011’s Top TV Characters and Klaus lands at #27:
Klaus (played by Joseph Morgan) is the quintessential emotionally battered bad boy (daddy issues!) who girls can’t help but find utterly irresistible. It doesn’t hurt that he’s easy on the eyes (if not the carotid) either.
And Ology places The Vampire Diaries at #2 on its Best TV Shows Ever 2011 list:
The witchcraft is complicated enough, but it’s all amplified by these tangled relations, and the ties that bind are just another brilliant layer to this intricately-woven saga of love, loss, and family. Dobrev, Wesley, Morgan and Smolderhalder lead a talented pack of actors with looks to die for.
2011 is rolling to a close, and you know what that means, right? LISTS! That’s right, the annual flurry of “best of” and “top 10/25/100 etc.” lists are popping up all over, and we’re happy to see that The Vampire Diaries is making quite a few.
Buddy TV compiled a list of TV’s Top 100 Sexiest Men, and the TVD fellas are all over it. Joseph Morgan, Paul Wesley, Michael Trevino, and Ian Somerhalder all made the list. Well done, gents!
You know what else? It’s not just us. Apparently everyone loves talking about Nina Dobrev, she just turned up as #8 on the list of actresses that are hot topics on Twitter.
There’s still time to vote in this one, give a click to TVD in E! Online’s Top Ten TV Dramas poll!
Lastly, don’t forget that this is the last day to vote in The People’s Choice Awards!
- FIND THE VAMPIRE DIARIES ACTORS IN BUDDY TV’S LIST OF TV’S TOP 100 SEXIEST MEN.
- NINA DOBREV IS #8 AMONG ACTRESSES ON TWITTER’S HOT TOPICS LIST.
- VOTE FOR THE VAMPIRE DIARIES TO BE ONE OF E! ONLINE’S TOP 10 TV DRAMAS.
- LAST CHANCE! VOTE FOR THE VAMPIRE DIARIES IN THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS.
Entertainment Weekly has launched their annual Entertainers of the Year poll for 2011 and Ian Somerhalder is up for Sexiest Male Entertainer of the Year.
…2012 is screaming towards us and it’s time to start looking back at the year that was, and the performers that left their marks on entertainment. This is your chance to be a part of our annual Entertainers of the Year issue.
Television Without Pity has announced the winners of their Tubey Awards, and The Vampire Diaries (and especially Damon) cleaned up! Good job with the voting, folks. Here are the categories the show won:
Best Returning Show
Best Teen Show
Best Badass: Damon
Favorite Character: Damon
Best Scene-Stealing Supporting Character: Caroline
Best Season Finale
Best Almost-Romantic-But-Not-Quite Relationship: Damon and Elena
Best HoYay! Couple: Alaric and Damon
Best Single Line of Dialogue: “There’s no such thing as a bad idea — only poorly executed awesome ones.” – Damon
Additionally, The Vampire Diaries was the TWoP Staff Pick in the following categories:
Most Underrated Show
Best Unexpected Plot Twist: Katherine kills Caroline, making her a vampire so she can deliver a message for her.