- Looks like Candice Accola made a friend while on vacation. [WhoSay]
- Our leading lady, Nina Dobrev, has teamed up with jewelry maker gorjana for a collection of jewelry to raise funds for the Epidermolysis Bullosa Medical Research Foundation. [InStyle]
- Go Fug Yourself has a look at Kat Graham’s MTV Movie Awards weekend outfits. [Go Fug Yourself]
- TVD alums Torrey DeVitto & Bianca Lawson looked great together at the Road to Hope charity event. Thanks to Bianca for sharing a photo, along with a link to learn more about the organization. [bbot4]
- Ian Somerhalder talked to RYOT co-founder Bryn Mooser about his involvement in Years of Living Dangerously. [RYOT]
- The first trailer and poster for Ian’s film, The Anomaly, are out. The sci-fi film also stars and was directed by Doctor Who alum Noel Clarke. [Den of Geek]
- If you’re an international fan, your chances of seeing Paul Wesley’s film, Before I Disappear, just got better. Electric Entertainment has picked up the overseas rights to the movie. [ScreenDaily]
Miss a post this week?
- The Originals In Review: The Big Uneasy (EP118) – There Will Be No Peace
- Episode Downloads for The Vampire Diaries: Resident Evil (EP518)
- Complete Songlist for The Vampire Diaries: Resident Evil (EP518)
- Extended Promo for The Vampire Diaries: Man on Fire (EP519)
- Short Promo for The Vampire Diaries: Man On Fire (EP519)
- Official Stills for The Vampire Diaries: Promised Land (EP521)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Vampire Diaries – Resident Evil (EP518)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: Promised Land (EP521)
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: The Battle of New Orleans (EP121)
- Vampire Diaries In Review: Rescue Me (EP517) – Tell-Tale Heart
- Webclip for The Originals: An Unblinking Death (EP119)
- Roundup: Paul Wesley on Directing The Vampire Diaries: Resident Evil (EP518)
- Previously On The Vampire Diaries: Rescue Me (EP517)
- TONIGHT – The Vampire Diaries: Resident Evil (EP518) Airs at 8/7c
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: The Big Uneasy (EP118)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: The Big Uneasy (EP118)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: An Unblinking Death (EP119)
- Steven Krueger Hosts CW’s New The Originals Recap/Interview Series
- Short Promo for The Originals: An Unblinking Death (EP119)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – The Big Uneasy (EP118)
- Paul Wesley Talks Directing with PIX11 (VIDEO)
- The Originals: A Closer Walk With Thee (EP120) New Episode Stills via ScreenFad
- TONIGHT – The Originals: The Big Uneasy (EP118) Airs at 8/7c
- Danielle Campbell at TVLine: Davina’s Done Being “Everybody’s Pawn”
- Nathan Parsons Talks Jackson, Hayley, & Elijah at TV Guide
- Previously On The Originals: Moon Over Bourbon Street (EP117)
- The Vampire Diaries: New Webclip from Resident Evil (EP518)
- TV Guide Exclusive Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: Resident Evil (EP518)
- Michael Narducci & Julie Plec Preview The Originals: The Big Uneasy (EP118)
The Vampire Diaries returns this week with Resident Evil (EP518), and TV Guide has an exclusive clip from the episode, featuring an “awkward run-in” between Damon and Elena.
Candice Accola chats with Entertainment Weekly about tonight’s episode The Vampire Diaries, including touching on a few points raised at this past weekend’s PaleyFest festival.
Paul [Wesley] got his say at PaleyFest when he mentioned how he’d like to see [Stefan and Caroline] take that next step and maybe make things romantic, but personally, would you want to see them go there?
Ever since season 2, when Stefan kind of took Caroline under his vampire wing and taught her how to behave like a good little vampire, there’s been a lot of viewers and fans in the Twitterverse expressing their hope of Steroline, I think they call it, to happen one day. So there’s definitely been speculation and some build up, and it would definitely be a bold choice for both of them to engage in any sort of romantic relationship given the friendship of Caroline and Elena and the history between Elena and Stefan. And so you never know what can happen in the future between these two characters, but I imagine it being very dramatic if anything were to happen.
An all-new episode of The Vampire Diaries airs tonight at 8/7c and Candice Accola teased Access Hollywood about what we can expect with Caroline and Enzo’s road trip to track down yet another Silas doppelganger, the paramedic-in-Atlanta Tom.
There have already been some sparks (well, to be fair, verbal sparring) between Caroline and the formerly imprisoned Enzo, but don’t expect their journey in this week’s episode to lead to romance.
“I think that the witty banter between both of these characters [is] really fun. … Already what I think I’ve seen through Twitterverse, is that it’s kind of a little reminiscent to the banter between Caroline and Klaus,” Candice said. “There’s nothing necessarily dramatic on this road trip between these two characters romantically. I think it’s just a new kind of witty banter that gets the blood boiling a little bit for these characters.”
E!Online has an exclusive new TVD webclip from Gone Girl (EP514), which airs Thursday, March 6 at 8/7c. Enjoy!
Caroline and Tyler’s relationship is the talk of the town lately, as is her “moment in the woods” with Klaus (ten thousand bonus points to anyone who gets that showtune reference).
Fans have a lot of questions about Caroline’s love life in general, and TV Guide asks a lot of them for us. Candice answers questions about Klaus, Stefan and whether or not she thinks Tyler and Caroline’s relationship can be salvaged. Is even a friendship possible? Candice replies:
What about just as friends?
Accola: Caroline needs this idea of perfection and for no one to be mad at her and for everyone to be happy at all times, so we’ll see a lot of great scenes coming up between Caroline and Tyler with her struggling to find a friendship, but also release some of the guilt she’s been holding onto because she knows she made a mistake. The one thing to remember is that they’re 19 and 20. If Caroline was my age it’s like, you know better. At 19 and 20 and it’s your first boyfriend and you’re high on hormones and haven’t fallen down a lot in relationships, it’s an opportunity to learn a lesson, just the really hard way. That’s how I looked at Caroline’s choice of being with Klaus and that’s why I don’t necessarily see her and Tyler reconciling their relationship, but I think there’s possibility for them to be friends.
- Nina Dobrev shared this adorable photo of herself and Candice Accola during the recent Atlanta snow. [Instagram]
- Ian Somerhalder is included in a VH1 photo gallery of hot guys holding puppies. [VH1]
Malese Jow will appear in an upcoming episode of Castle. [TV Line]
- Rick Cosnett (Dr. Maxfield) has landed a job on the pilot of The Flash. The pilot is a spinoff of the existing CW show, Arrow. [Deadline]
- Joseph Morgan talked to Dread Central about his horror film, Armistice. [Dread Central]
- Joseph also talked to Cambio about Armistice. [Cambio]
- Cast photos of Star-Crossed, costarring Malese Jow, have been released. The show, a sci-fi romance, premieres on the CW on February 17th. [KSite TV]
- Kat Graham talked to E! about wedding planning. [E! Online]
- CelebTV on the CW did a segment on Danielle Campbell and her feature in Bello Magazine. [CelebTV]
- Paul Wesley’s film, Before I Disappear, will premiere at SXSW. [THR]
Miss a post this week?
- The Originals In Review: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112) – We’re All Monsters
- Episode Downloads for The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- Extended Promo for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- Complete Songlist for The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- Short Promo for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Vampire Diaries – The Devil Inside (EP512)
- Previously on The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- TONIGHT – The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512) Airs at 8/7c
- More Official Stills from The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- CW’s TV Now Promo featuring The Vampire Diaries & The Originals
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Short Promo for The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Official Stills for The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – Dance Back from the Grave (EP112)
- Hollywood Life Exclusive Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- TONIGHT – The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112) Airs at 8/7c
- Previously on The Originals: Apres Moi, Le Déluge (EP111)
- Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- Julie Plec & Michael Narducci Preview The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112) (VIDEO)
- Vampire Diaries in Review: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511) – Here’s Looking at You, Kat
- The Vampire Diaries: Doppelgänger Promo (VIDEO)
- In honor of the 100th episode of TVD, Kayla Ewell shared this photo of some beautiful Mystic Falls ladies. [Twitter]
- Twitch has an exclusive clip from Armistice, starring Joseph Morgan. The film hits theaters on January 31st. [Twitch]
- Kendrick Sampson has been cast in Fox’s Gracepoint. He’ll play busboy Dean Iverson in the murder mystery series. [Deadline]
- Phoebe Tonkin is GQ Australia’s Girl of the Week. You can see the full article in their February issue. [GQ]
- Sara Canning’s show, Remedy, will premiere February 24th on Global in Canada. It also stars Keith Mars. [Crave]
- The Gloss has a makeup tutorial for getting that vampire look. [The Gloss]
Miss a post this week?
- TV Line Exclusive Webclip for The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112)
- The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511) Post-Mortems with Julie Plec
- Episode Downloads for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- Complete Songlist for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- Extended Promo for The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- Short Promo for The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Vampire Diaries – 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- TVD100: 100 Reasons Why We Love The Vampire Diaries
- 100th Episode Roundup Part III
- TONIGHT – The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511) Airs at 8/7c
- Previously on The Vampire Diaries: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510)
- Official Stills for The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112)
- Warner Bros. Shop offers up to 20% off Vampire Diaries merchandise to celebrate the 100th episode
- The Originals In Review: Apres Moi, Le Déluge (EP111) – This Is Not How It Ends
- The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111) Postmortem Roundup
- Two New Webclips from The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- TVD100: The Cast Says “Thank You” + More Reflections on 100 Episodes of TVD
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: Apres Moi, Le Déluge (EP111)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112)
- Short Promo for The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111)
- Danielle Campbell Talks Davina, Klaus, & Cookies with E!Online
- TONIGHT – The Originals: Apres Moi, Le Déluge (EP111) Airs at 8/7c
- Previously on The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- TVD100: Cast & Guest Stars Look Back at Their Favorite Moments
- Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- The Originals Promo: Wrong Half
OKAY? OKAY. If you’re jonesing for some insight and teases following last night’s epic 100th episode, behold! A list! Julie Plec talks about what went down in the 100th episode, how those events could reverberate throughout the rest of Season 5, and more.
OODLES OF SPOILERS AT THESE LINKS! Beware if you haven’t watched last night’s episode yet. But here’s a non-spoilery comment from Julie’s Q&A with The Hollywood Reporter:
We have a lot of stories to tell, which is the good news, so there doesn’t need to be an ultimate end date. I think we will keep going as long as we have good stories to tell and as long as people who work on the show want to stay with us and tell us good stories. When the stories start disintegrating into those pitches that we swore we’d never get to unless we were desperate, then we’ll try to wrap it up. But those decisions come with a lot of people’s input — a lot of people’s opinions so we shall see.
- THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Boss on [spoiler]Katherine’s Shocking Fate[/spoiler]: Things Will Get Tricky (Q&A)
- TV LINE: Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on Caroline’s Surprise, [spoiler]Katherine’s Plan[/spoiler] and Bonnie’s Future
- E!ONLINE: The Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec Dishes on 100th Episode Shockers (and Hookups!), Previews “Painful” Fallout
- ZAP2IT: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ 100th episode: Julie Plec breaks down [spoiler]the Klaroline hookup, Katherine’s sneaky twist[/spoiler] and more
- TV GUIDE: Vampire Diaries’ Julie Plec on 100 Episodes, [spoiler]Crafty Katherine[/spoiler] and Damon’s Downward Spiral
And here are a few leftover links TVD100 links from yesterday. First up, a must-read piece at Entertainment Weekly about TVD Writer’s Room debates, big and small:
The cure was something Plec and Williamson thought up before they even wrote one word of the series. When the decision was made to turn Elena, they knew they needed to be able to cure her. But four years later, they weren’t so sure she was the one they wanted to cure anymore. “When Kevin and I first started talking about it it was Elena, of course. And then it was Jose Molina, who was our writer during season 4 who said, ‘But if you start the season searching for a cure for Elena and then you end the season and you cure her, then isn’t that kind of a buzz kill because you accomplished the exact thing you set out to do and don’t you just generally want to twist that?’”
- BUZZFEED: “The Vampire Diaries” Welcomes Back A Familiar Face For The 100th Episode
- TV FANATIC: The Vampire Diaries Stars Celebrate 100 Episodes, Share Favorite Moments
More hints and cast reflections on TVD’s 100th episode. From what Kat Graham tells Zap2it, we’re in for something special.
“I definitely think the fans are going to lose their minds,” Graham tells Zap2it. “I think the fans are going to be in ecstasy when they watch it, and I don’t think I’ve ever used that word. There are some things that happen in the 100th episode that are going to make a couple people stand on their couches and scream at their TV, ‘Yes, yes, yes!’ That’s how I’ll explain the 100th episode. I’m like, ‘We’re doing what, they’re letting who do who? What, what?’ So it’s great. It’s exciting. It’s a celebration, definitely.”
Speaking of losing our minds, they spoke to Candice Accola, too.
“It’s interesting how their relationship built over the past couple of seasons, because it’s almost like she hated him so much that she didn’t know if she wanted to just grab him by the throat and throw him through a door, or just like kiss him,” Accola says. “I think that was the awesome tension that the fans really loved about their chemistry, because you just couldn’t tell — is she gonna smack him or throw her arms around him?”
“I’d love to come back,” Buzolic says. “If the opportunity to come back did present itself, I’d jump at it.”
Michael Trevino wouldn’t say specifically whether or not Tyler will make it back for the episode, but he does offer hope to all the fans who are crossing their fingers for returning favorites:
“I’ve heard there might be some familiar faces in the 100th episode,” Trevino says. “I mean, that’s a milestone! You would try to incorporate as many people as you can. And as you know on ‘The Vampire Diaries,’ nobody’s really dead. People are ghosts, there’s flashbacks, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw people from the past.”
The Hollywood Reporter spoke with a whole bunch of people, including Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Kevin Williamson, and Julie Plec, about the early days of the show and reaching this milestone:
WILLIAMSON: I had been telling Julie that I wanted to do 24. If we do a slow, melodramatic soap opera about vampires, it’s going to be boring. The audience is going to be jumping ahead so fast. They’re texting while they’re watching your TV show. You’ve got to give them a twist, a turn. The end of season one was a shining moment, when Katherine showed up and cut off Uncle John Gilbert’s fingers. My dad called up afterward and said, “That might be the best damn cliff-hanger I’ve ever seen.”
They also talked to Julie about 7 Things That Almost Changed the Series:
“No disrespect to Fell’s Church, but it felt very based in religion and spirituality, and we knew we didn’t want the show to be the kind of vampire show that’s just about heaven and hell and demons and the devil and God — that kind of thing,” Plec says. Interestingly, there was no story behind the name Mystic Falls: “We changed the name of the town arbitrarily.”
E!Online spoke with Julie about the saddest death, biggest twist, and more.
“Oh my god. For me, personally and on the show emotionally, it’s Alaric. Matt [Davis] is one of my favorites and it was really sad to see him go. It was really emotional for everyone to shoot as well because it felt like they were all standing there in that cemetery saying goodbye to him. It’s something no one really wanted to do, no one wanted to say goodbye to Alaric. It was right for the story, right for the character, and that one is always going to hurt my heart a little bit. But I love all my deaths equally.”
Last but not least, Buzzfeed lists their take on TVD’s 17 Most Shocking Moments.