E!Online has an exclusive new TVD webclip from Gone Girl (EP514), which airs Thursday, March 6 at 8/7c. Enjoy!
Caroline and Tyler’s relationship is the talk of the town lately, as is her “moment in the woods” with Klaus (ten thousand bonus points to anyone who gets that showtune reference).
Fans have a lot of questions about Caroline’s love life in general, and TV Guide asks a lot of them for us. Candice answers questions about Klaus, Stefan and whether or not she thinks Tyler and Caroline’s relationship can be salvaged. Is even a friendship possible? Candice replies:
What about just as friends?
Accola: Caroline needs this idea of perfection and for no one to be mad at her and for everyone to be happy at all times, so we’ll see a lot of great scenes coming up between Caroline and Tyler with her struggling to find a friendship, but also release some of the guilt she’s been holding onto because she knows she made a mistake. The one thing to remember is that they’re 19 and 20. If Caroline was my age it’s like, you know better. At 19 and 20 and it’s your first boyfriend and you’re high on hormones and haven’t fallen down a lot in relationships, it’s an opportunity to learn a lesson, just the really hard way. That’s how I looked at Caroline’s choice of being with Klaus and that’s why I don’t necessarily see her and Tyler reconciling their relationship, but I think there’s possibility for them to be friends.
- Nina Dobrev shared this adorable photo of herself and Candice Accola during the recent Atlanta snow. [Instagram]
- Ian Somerhalder is included in a VH1 photo gallery of hot guys holding puppies. [VH1]
Malese Jow will appear in an upcoming episode of Castle. [TV Line]
- Rick Cosnett (Dr. Maxfield) has landed a job on the pilot of The Flash. The pilot is a spinoff of the existing CW show, Arrow. [Deadline]
- Joseph Morgan talked to Dread Central about his horror film, Armistice. [Dread Central]
- Joseph also talked to Cambio about Armistice. [Cambio]
- Cast photos of Star-Crossed, costarring Malese Jow, have been released. The show, a sci-fi romance, premieres on the CW on February 17th. [KSite TV]
- Kat Graham talked to E! about wedding planning. [E! Online]
- CelebTV on the CW did a segment on Danielle Campbell and her feature in Bello Magazine. [CelebTV]
- Paul Wesley’s film, Before I Disappear, will premiere at SXSW. [THR]
Miss a post this week?
- The Originals In Review: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112) – We’re All Monsters
- Episode Downloads for The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- Extended Promo for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- Complete Songlist for The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- Short Promo for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Vampire Diaries – The Devil Inside (EP512)
- Previously on The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- TONIGHT – The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512) Airs at 8/7c
- More Official Stills from The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- CW’s TV Now Promo featuring The Vampire Diaries & The Originals
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Short Promo for The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Official Stills for The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – Dance Back from the Grave (EP112)
- Hollywood Life Exclusive Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- TONIGHT – The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112) Airs at 8/7c
- Previously on The Originals: Apres Moi, Le Déluge (EP111)
- Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- Julie Plec & Michael Narducci Preview The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112) (VIDEO)
- Vampire Diaries in Review: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511) – Here’s Looking at You, Kat
- The Vampire Diaries: Doppelgänger Promo (VIDEO)
- In honor of the 100th episode of TVD, Kayla Ewell shared this photo of some beautiful Mystic Falls ladies. [Twitter]
- Twitch has an exclusive clip from Armistice, starring Joseph Morgan. The film hits theaters on January 31st. [Twitch]
- Kendrick Sampson has been cast in Fox’s Gracepoint. He’ll play busboy Dean Iverson in the murder mystery series. [Deadline]
- Phoebe Tonkin is GQ Australia’s Girl of the Week. You can see the full article in their February issue. [GQ]
- Sara Canning’s show, Remedy, will premiere February 24th on Global in Canada. It also stars Keith Mars. [Crave]
- The Gloss has a makeup tutorial for getting that vampire look. [The Gloss]
Miss a post this week?
- TV Line Exclusive Webclip for The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112)
- The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511) Post-Mortems with Julie Plec
- Episode Downloads for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- Complete Songlist for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- Extended Promo for The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- Short Promo for The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Vampire Diaries – 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- TVD100: 100 Reasons Why We Love The Vampire Diaries
- 100th Episode Roundup Part III
- TONIGHT – The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511) Airs at 8/7c
- Previously on The Vampire Diaries: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510)
- Official Stills for The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112)
- Warner Bros. Shop offers up to 20% off Vampire Diaries merchandise to celebrate the 100th episode
- The Originals In Review: Apres Moi, Le Déluge (EP111) – This Is Not How It Ends
- The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111) Postmortem Roundup
- Two New Webclips from The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- TVD100: The Cast Says “Thank You” + More Reflections on 100 Episodes of TVD
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: Apres Moi, Le Déluge (EP111)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112)
- Short Promo for The Originals: Dance Back from the Grave (EP112)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111)
- Danielle Campbell Talks Davina, Klaus, & Cookies with E!Online
- TONIGHT – The Originals: Apres Moi, Le Déluge (EP111) Airs at 8/7c
- Previously on The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- TVD100: Cast & Guest Stars Look Back at Their Favorite Moments
- Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- The Originals Promo: Wrong Half
OKAY? OKAY. If you’re jonesing for some insight and teases following last night’s epic 100th episode, behold! A list! Julie Plec talks about what went down in the 100th episode, how those events could reverberate throughout the rest of Season 5, and more.
OODLES OF SPOILERS AT THESE LINKS! Beware if you haven’t watched last night’s episode yet. But here’s a non-spoilery comment from Julie’s Q&A with The Hollywood Reporter:
We have a lot of stories to tell, which is the good news, so there doesn’t need to be an ultimate end date. I think we will keep going as long as we have good stories to tell and as long as people who work on the show want to stay with us and tell us good stories. When the stories start disintegrating into those pitches that we swore we’d never get to unless we were desperate, then we’ll try to wrap it up. But those decisions come with a lot of people’s input — a lot of people’s opinions so we shall see.
- THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Boss on Katherine’s Shocking Fate: Things Will Get Tricky (Q&A)
- TV LINE: Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on Caroline’s Surprise, Katherine’s Plan and Bonnie’s Future
- E!ONLINE: The Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec Dishes on 100th Episode Shockers (and Hookups!), Previews “Painful” Fallout
- ZAP2IT: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ 100th episode: Julie Plec breaks down the Klaroline hookup, Katherine’s sneaky twist and more
- TV GUIDE: Vampire Diaries’ Julie Plec on 100 Episodes, Crafty Katherine and Damon’s Downward Spiral
And here are a few leftover links TVD100 links from yesterday. First up, a must-read piece at Entertainment Weekly about TVD Writer’s Room debates, big and small:
The cure was something Plec and Williamson thought up before they even wrote one word of the series. When the decision was made to turn Elena, they knew they needed to be able to cure her. But four years later, they weren’t so sure she was the one they wanted to cure anymore. “When Kevin and I first started talking about it it was Elena, of course. And then it was Jose Molina, who was our writer during season 4 who said, ‘But if you start the season searching for a cure for Elena and then you end the season and you cure her, then isn’t that kind of a buzz kill because you accomplished the exact thing you set out to do and don’t you just generally want to twist that?’”
- BUZZFEED: “The Vampire Diaries” Welcomes Back A Familiar Face For The 100th Episode
- TV FANATIC: The Vampire Diaries Stars Celebrate 100 Episodes, Share Favorite Moments
More hints and cast reflections on TVD’s 100th episode. From what Kat Graham tells Zap2it, we’re in for something special.
“I definitely think the fans are going to lose their minds,” Graham tells Zap2it. “I think the fans are going to be in ecstasy when they watch it, and I don’t think I’ve ever used that word. There are some things that happen in the 100th episode that are going to make a couple people stand on their couches and scream at their TV, ‘Yes, yes, yes!’ That’s how I’ll explain the 100th episode. I’m like, ‘We’re doing what, they’re letting who do who? What, what?’ So it’s great. It’s exciting. It’s a celebration, definitely.”
Speaking of losing our minds, they spoke to Candice Accola, too.
“It’s interesting how their relationship built over the past couple of seasons, because it’s almost like she hated him so much that she didn’t know if she wanted to just grab him by the throat and throw him through a door, or just like kiss him,” Accola says. “I think that was the awesome tension that the fans really loved about their chemistry, because you just couldn’t tell — is she gonna smack him or throw her arms around him?”
“I’d love to come back,” Buzolic says. “If the opportunity to come back did present itself, I’d jump at it.”
Michael Trevino wouldn’t say specifically whether or not Tyler will make it back for the episode, but he does offer hope to all the fans who are crossing their fingers for returning favorites:
“I’ve heard there might be some familiar faces in the 100th episode,” Trevino says. “I mean, that’s a milestone! You would try to incorporate as many people as you can. And as you know on ‘The Vampire Diaries,’ nobody’s really dead. People are ghosts, there’s flashbacks, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw people from the past.”
The Hollywood Reporter spoke with a whole bunch of people, including Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Kevin Williamson, and Julie Plec, about the early days of the show and reaching this milestone:
WILLIAMSON: I had been telling Julie that I wanted to do 24. If we do a slow, melodramatic soap opera about vampires, it’s going to be boring. The audience is going to be jumping ahead so fast. They’re texting while they’re watching your TV show. You’ve got to give them a twist, a turn. The end of season one was a shining moment, when Katherine showed up and cut off Uncle John Gilbert’s fingers. My dad called up afterward and said, “That might be the best damn cliff-hanger I’ve ever seen.”
They also talked to Julie about 7 Things That Almost Changed the Series:
“No disrespect to Fell’s Church, but it felt very based in religion and spirituality, and we knew we didn’t want the show to be the kind of vampire show that’s just about heaven and hell and demons and the devil and God — that kind of thing,” Plec says. Interestingly, there was no story behind the name Mystic Falls: “We changed the name of the town arbitrarily.”
E!Online spoke with Julie about the saddest death, biggest twist, and more.
“Oh my god. For me, personally and on the show emotionally, it’s Alaric. Matt [Davis] is one of my favorites and it was really sad to see him go. It was really emotional for everyone to shoot as well because it felt like they were all standing there in that cemetery saying goodbye to him. It’s something no one really wanted to do, no one wanted to say goodbye to Alaric. It was right for the story, right for the character, and that one is always going to hurt my heart a little bit. But I love all my deaths equally.”
Last but not least, Buzzfeed lists their take on TVD’s 17 Most Shocking Moments.
Tomorrow’s the big day: the 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511). Let’s kick off with a “Thank You TVD Fans!” video from the cast, shall we?
No, guys – thank you.
TV Line has this epic look back at favorite moments from the first 99 episodes of The Vampire Diaries, featuring the show’s cast, guest stars, and producers. Beware: You will shed a tear or two while flipping through this gallery. Here’s what Kat Graham has to say about hitting 100 eps:
“I didn’t think I was going to make it past the pilot. I thought I would have been recast or something. I had shot five pilots before The Vampire Diaries and not one of them got picked up. So a 100th episode is, like, not real to me. It’s a beautiful, humbling experience, but I still can’t believe I’ve been on it this long. It’s great.”
So what can we expect from the epic 100th episode, anyway? Executive producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries gives some hints to Zap2It:
In addition to Katherine’s mortality drama, Dries emphasizes that the episode is for the fans in a lot of ways. “We for sure wanted it to be nostalgic. We wanted to make it for the fans who have been with the show from the beginning,” Dries tells us. “So they’ll get the references, specific scenes, and lines that we put in there as a love letter to the fans. It’s to show them how much we appreciate them. But it will be shocking and fun, also.”
Zap2It also has a heart-tugging thank you to fans courtesy of Matt Davis, whose Alaric Saltzman is still sorely missed:
When Zap2it caught up with Davis down in Atlanta during “The Vampire Diaries” 100th episode wrap party, he had a message for those dedicated fans. “I’d like to say to the fans, thank you. I love you. Alaric loves all of them,” Davis says with a smile. “It’s been this really wonderful experience for me as an actor to connect with the fans who have been so responsive to a character that I’ve been playing. Whenever Alaric comes back, whether he does or doesn’t in the future, it’s always fun for me because I know it’s a chance for me to reconnect with the fans who have been so generous and gracious.”
E!Online caught up with Ian Somerhalder to discuss his favorite TVD scene and the site reflects on Damon’s repertoire of killer one-liners (interview video at the link!):
So it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that Somerhalder’s favorite scene comes from The Vampire Diaries’ earlier run of episodes. “My favorite scene was Damon turning Vicki into a vampire and they’re dancing all around. It’s also never bad having Kayla Ewell in her underwear,” he spills.
And Nina Dobrev also sits down with E!Online to talk about the Stefan-Elena-Damon love triangle and to tease tomorrow night’s episode:
Thursday marks the 100th episode of the five-year-old, fan favorite series, and Dobrev teases that it’s “an episode that will not be forgotten.” “It makes a big splash,” she teases, “and it has a huge impact on the show and all the characters. And [for] me, because I’m weird and strange and I like all the quirky, strange, awkward things, I loved filming it because I got to do some really weird, strange things myself and experience things and it was really fun to shoot.”
The week has finally arrived! The 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511) airs this Thursday, January 23rd at 8/7, and the cast and current and late, lamented guest stars are chiming in on their favorite moments from the first 100 episodes of the show.
First up, TV Guide get Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley to talk about their favorite scenes from the first 100 episodes of TVD:
FAVORITE FLASHBACK ERA
Somerhalder: I kind of got [cheated] out of the ’20s, I would’ve loved that, but 1864 when Stefan and Damon were running around playing football just being young and happy and full of vitality and life it was good.
Wesley: I really liked the ’20s, but I also like the Civil War time. I thought that was really cool.
E!Online has a handful of fun videos featuring the cast’s reminiscing on early episodes and teasing this week’s milestone:
- Our Vampire Diaries 100th Episode Countdown Begins! Candice Accola and Kat Graham Look Back on the Pilot and Eluding Death
- Vampire Diaries Stars Dish on Their Favorite Scenes—and Crash Each Other’s Interviews!
The CW has released a webclip for the 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511), which will air on Thursday, January 23rd.
- There are few things I love more than a sexy guy reading a book. Thanks for tweeting this Trevino photo, McQueen! [McQueeninchains]
- Dr. Wes, Rick Cosnett, shared this great behind-the-scenes photo with Ian Somerhalder & Candice Accola. [RickCosnett]
- Joseph Morgan announced via Twitter that his movie, Armistice, will hit VOD on January 7th & theaters on January 31st. [JosephMorgan]
- Kat Graham talked to Life & Style Magazine about having a “very LA” wedding. [Life & Style]
If seeing the faces of the TVD cast on animated elf bodies twerking sounds hilarious, CW Seed has a video for you. [CW Seed]
- A deluxe edition of Sara Canning’s film, Black Field, is now available. [saradjcanning]
- You can pre-order a copy of Annex Man Magazine with Ian Somerhalder on the cover at their website. [Annex Man]
- CW Seed has a video clip about Ian’s personal style & his appearance in Annex Man. [CW Seed]
- A donation of $19 through Crowdrise to ISF gets you entered to win a MacBook Air. [Crowdrise]
- Nina Dobrev tweeted a photo of herself and her mother at the White House. [ninadobrev]
Miss a post this week?