TV Guide has our first glimpse at the fiery new poster for The Vampire Diaries Season 5 and, as TV Guide points out, interesting placement for one Matt Donovan, yeah?
In dead center of the photo is our favorite mortal Matt (Zach Roerig). Perhaps his position means he’s about to get caught between two dueling sides? Or maybe he’s the moral compass that keeps the gang together.
- The official TVD twitter account shared this great behind-the-scenes photograph of the lovely Candice Accola. [cwtvd]
- The TVD facebook also had some goodies to share: a new photo of Ian Somerhalder. [Facebook]
- Kat Graham talked to Access Hollywood about her music and Bonnie Bennett. [Access Hollywood]
- Kat also talked to The Hollywood Reporter about music. [THR]
- Kat is looking pretty fierce in this photo she shared on her Instagram. Love the manicure. [katgrahampics]
- Torrey DeVitto is helping to make a documentary about Ugandan orphans caring for their dying parents. Torrey’s dedication to the hospice cause is inspiring! [Twitter]
- Ian Somerhalder shared a short video showing how filming the Camaro works. [iansomerhalder]
- Ian spoke at a rall in Asheville, NC on clean energy. A local paper has a write-up and video. [Asheville Citizen-Times]
Ready for your first look at the season five premiere of The Vampire Diaries, entitled I Know What You Did Last Summer? Head over to Entertainment Tonight Online for nine exclusive stills from the episode! We get a look at Elena and Caroline settling into college life, as well as some glimpses of Bonnie and Jeremy! I Know What You Did Last Summer (EP501) will air on Thursday, October 3 at 8/7c, followed by the series premiere of The Originals.
Another little video from The CW. Candice Accola talks about one of her favorite moments from season 4.
- It’s well known that Ian Somerhalder is an animal lover, and he proved it once again, tweeting about rescuing an adorable pup, pictured above. [iansomerhalder]
- Ian is also representing the Sierra Club in the #STARTARYOT Challenge. [CrowdRise]
- Dawn Olivieri is participating in the #STARTARYOT Challenge, as well, and representing Best Friends Animal Society. [CrowdRise]
- Claire Holt talked to Interview about “10 Things She Can’t Live Without.” [Interview]
- SpoilerTV has some previously unseen cast promotional photos for season 4 of TVD. [SpoilerTV]
- The official show Twitter offered us an awesome photo of Paul Wesley. Is that Stefan or Silas, though?!? [cwtvd]
- Paul just wrapped filming on the film, “Sam & Amira,” where he’s costarring with Martin Starr & Dina Shihabi. There is no release date set for the film yet. [The Wrap]
- David Alpay has been added as a guest at Insurgence 5.5. He joins Nathaniel Buzolic on the guest list for this November convention in the UK. [Rogue Events]
- Steven R. McQueen tweeted a video of himself singing he called “Late Night Jamming.” So multi-talented, that McQueen. [McQueeninchains]
- Kat Graham is making a video for her single, “Power,” and she wants your lip synch videos. [KatGraham]
- The cast of The Originals looked great at Comic-Con! [Instagram]
- You can now watch the Director’s Cut of The Originals pilot with 10 minutes of footage cut from the initial airing. [The CW]
- Caroline Forbes took her fabulous self to Whose Line Is It Anyway? You can watch Candice Accola’s guest turn on the improv show over at the network’s official site. [The CW]
- Joseph Morgan’s got 10 Originals secrets to share with us. [BuzzFeed]
- JoMo also talked to BuzzFeed about being a geek. Is it any wonder we love this guy? [BuzzFeed]
- John Gilbert is going full on baddie! David Anders has signed on to play an unsub on season 9 of Criminal Minds. [TVLine]
- Nina Dobrev talked to Variety about her work with Free the Children, as the mag honors her with the Power of Youth award. [Variety]
- Candice Accola tweeted a fantastic behind the scenes pic from her Nouveau Mag photoshoot. [Instagram]
- Candice Accola thinks Caroline should be single and enjoy college for a while. [Hypable]
- Kat Graham talked Bonnie and her music with ET. [ET Online]
- Ian Somerhalder will be making an appearance at the Teen Choice Awards on August 11th. [Give Me My Remote]
- Congrats to Paul Wesley on a new role! Paul has been cast in the feature film version of the Oscar-winning short film Curfew. [Deadline]
- Just Jared has an exclusive look at the artwork for Kat Graham’s single, “Power.” [Just Jared]
- Go vote for Joseph Morgan & Positive Women in The BiLLe Celeb Challenge. [Joseph Morgan]
- Candice Accola is appearing on the CW’s reboot of Whose Line Is It Anyway on July 23rd. [The CW]
- Hypable has a roundup of some of The Originals behind-the-scenes photos and the tarot cards tweeted by the official account. [Hypable]
- Kat Graham had some fun with blue hair dye. [Instagram]
- Joseph Morgan’s movie, Open Grave, will be released in Italy on August 14th. [Twitter]
- Ian Somerhalder teased us with a shot of Damon Salvatore’s daylight ring as he began filming Season 5. [Instagram]
- Ian also announced that he’ll no longer be accepting paper fan mail, but provided an email address for electronic fan mail. [Twitter]
Warner Bros. has just announced its plans for Comic-Con International, and both The Vampire Diaries and The Originals have panels – and there’s a special Originals screening, too! Via Give Me My Remote:
WEDNESDAY, JULY 17 • BALLROOM 20
For the sixth straight year, WBTVG gets Comic-Con off to a dramatic start by hosting a special sneak peek, world-premiere screening event on Preview Night, debuting some of the most hotly anticipated new series of the year. For 2013, WBTV will screen the complete pilot episodes of Almost Human, The Tomorrow People and The 100 for the first time ever in public. Additionally, WBTV will unveil a special presentation of The Originals on the big screen, featuring never-before-seen footage that did not air as part of “The Originals” episode of The Vampire Diaries episode in April.
SATURDAY, JULY 20
The Originals (Tuesdays 8/7c The CW): Series stars Joseph Morgan, Claire Holt, Phoebe Tonkin and Charles Michael Davis join executive producer Julie Plec.
The Vampire Diaries (Thursdays 8/7c The CW): Comic-Con veterans Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Kat Graham and Candice Accola join executive producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries.
They have not announced times for the panels yet, but we’ll let you know when they do. Please note that the exact panel lineups are subject to change, but it’s great to see that both shows are getting a share of the spotlight! Comic-Con International will be held at the San Diego Convention Center from July 18-21; read all about it at the official site.