The CW has released the official synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: Pictures of You (EP419), airing Thursday, April 18th. Highlight for spoilers:
PROM NIGHT IN MYSTIC FALLS — After making a decision that infuriates Klaus (Joseph Morgan), Elijah (Daniel Gillies) proposes a life-changing challenge for Rebekah (Claire Holt). Caroline (Caroline Accola [sic]) finds that her carefully laid plans for the perfect Senior Prom night are disrupted by Elena (Nina Dobrev), so she turns to an amused Klaus for a solution. Determined to get through to Elena, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) both attend the prom, but the evening begins to spiral out of control despite their efforts. When Elena suddenly lashes out in a way no one could have predicted, Matt (Zach Roerig) turns to Rebekah for help. Finally, Bonnie (Kat Graham) makes a terrifying discovery, and Klaus receives a message that could change everything.
The episode was directed by J. Miller Tobin and written by Neil Reynolds & Caroline Dries.
The CW has released the official synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: Into the Wild (EP413), airing Thursday, February 7th. Highlight for spoilers:
MYSTERIOUS ISLAND — Shane (guest star David Alpay) leads an expedition to a desolate island off the coast of Nova Scotia, where he believes the secret of the cure lies hidden. On the trek to the island’s interior, Rebekah (Claire Holt) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) continue their bitter rivalry, Stefan (Paul Wesley) does his best to keep the peace, and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) accuses Shane of leading them into a trap. Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) try to figure out the message of the Hunter’s mark, while Shane reveals more of the legend of Silas and the witch Qetsiyah, along with his own personal history. Back in Mystic Falls, Tyler (Michael Trevino) confronts Klaus (Joseph Morgan), and Caroline (Candice Accola) is caught up in the violence that follows.
The episode was directed by Michael Allowitz and written by Caroline Dries.
The CW has released the official synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: My Brother’s Keeper (EP407), airing Thursday, November 29th at 8/7c. Highlight for spoilers:
THE MISS MYSTIC FALLS PAGEANT — Caroline (Candice Accola) does her best to be there for Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) in a tough time. Damon (Ian Somerhalder) tries to convince Stefan to help him uncover Prof. Shane’s (guest star David Alpay) motives, but Stefan is intent on carrying out a different plan with Klaus (Joseph Morgan). At the annual Miss Mystic Falls Pageant, Elena and Caroline give April (guest star Grace Phipps) advice on which dress to wear, while Tyler (Michael Trevino) and Hayley (guest star Phoebe Tonkin) work together on a secret project, and Damon confronts Prof. Shane with his suspicions. Alarmed by the vivid nightmares he’s having, Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) turns to Matt (Zach Roerig) for help, but the situation escalates sooner than anyone expected. Olympic Gold Medalist Gabrielle Douglas also makes an appearance.
The episode was written by Caroline Dries and Elisabeth R. Finch and directed by Jeffrey Hunt.
Caroline Dries spoke with The New York Post about tonight’s season premiere. As we know, a big issue in tonight’s episode is Elena’s new condition and where the characters go from where we left off in the Season 3 finale.
Caroline Dries gives us some info about the general themes in tonight’s episode, so beware of spoilers if you’re trying to go in totally blind.
“Elena has made it very clear she does not want to be a vampire — she thinks it’s the worst thing that could happen to her,” Dries says.
The TV Chick has 5 things to know about Season 4, and we feel obliged to pass on #5, especially:
So many emotions: Prepare yourselves, folks. Get your tissue boxes ready. The first two episodes have some moments in them that made me tear up the way Parenthood does on a regular basis. The first two episodes of the season are some of the best storytelling of the entire series, and they contain some of the most emotionally resonant moments of the series. Don’t say I didn’t warn you properly.
The CW has released the official synopsis for Vampire Diaries: Before Sunset (EP321), airing Thursday, May 3rd. Highlight for spoilers:
A DAY WITHOUT A VAMPIRE — Klaus acts on his intentions to leave town with Elena (Nina Dobrev), but finds resistance from a surprising new enemy. Bonnie (Kat Graham) calls on Abby (guest star Persia White) to help her with a difficult spell. As events spiral out of control, Elena is determined to protect Caroline (Candice Accola), Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) enlist Tyler’s (Michael Trevino) help, while Bonnie and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) take a terrifying risk to make sure her spell is effective. Damon and Stefan have a surprisingly candid conversation about the future.
The episode was directed by Chris Grismer with story by Charlie Charbonneau & Daphne Miles and teleplay by Caroline Dries.
The CW has released the episode synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: The Murder of One (EP318), airing Thursday, March 29th. Highlight for spoilers:
SAVIOR OF THE CURSED AND THE DAMNED — Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) focus a new project that will bring them closer to destroying Klaus (Joseph Morgan), and they quickly bring Elena (Nina Dobrev), Caroline (Candice Accola) and Matt (Zach Roerig) in on the plan. After Klaus threatens someone close to Bonnie (Kat Graham), she has no choice but to work on the spell he needs. Meanwhile, Klaus and Rebekah (guest star Claire Holt) find the perfect motivator to convince Finn (guest star Caspar Zafer) to cooperate with them, but Rebekah is more interested in her own brutal plan to take revenge on Damon. Stefan’s emotional turmoil leads him to a dangerous confrontation with Klaus and, later, to a heartbreaking moment with Elena.
The episode was directed by J. Miller Tobin and written by Caroline Dries.
ETA: Comments on this post now closed.
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks. Please insert theme song by Explosions in the Sky here and enjoy.
- Arielle Kebbel really wants you to come to the ATX Festival. Check out the video above!
- Daniel Gillies really DOES love us.
- Did you catch Sara Canning’s episode of Supernatural? (Link goes to promo)
- An interesting analysis of familial relationships on The Vampire Diaries.
- Print it out and keep it as a pocket guide! The Vampire Diaries family tree.
- Daniel Gillies’ film, Broken Kingdom, is getting closer to the goal, but still needs support. Spread the word!
- Nina Dobrev and Candice Accola at the Barcadi Bash.
- Speaking of Nina Dobrev, she was at the Superbowl, tweeting before and after pics
- Al Septien gets the credit for tweeting this Original family photo, but beware of spoilers if you’re not up to date on the episodes!
- The same goes for this dinner party photo.
- Joseph Morgan tweeted this awesome sibling rivalry picture.
- Claire Holt refuses to be outdone, she tweeted this photo of Daniel Gillies and Joseph Morgan.
- Artist’s rendition of Candice Accola and Nina Dobrev kicking butt, football style. Adorable!
- Nina Dobrev in the Celebrity Beach Bowl.
- Nina again, this time looking lovely for Nylon Magazine.
- Katerina Graham in Instyle Magazine.
- Ian Somerhalder talks to Weekender about ISF and being green.
- Crissy Calhoun’s Love You To Death unofficial companion guide gets a nod from The Vampire Librarian.
- If you’re not following Chris Grismer on Twitter, you’re missing out on some amazing goodies. He posted a whole lot of pictures this week.
- Like this one of Paul Wesley, and this one of Ian Somerhalder.
- How about a picture of Klaus all dressed up for the ball?
- A picture of Candice Accola in her ballgown, and here’s one of Claire Holt getting her makeup touched up.
- Casper Zafer, aka Finn, does not have on his happy face.
- Nathaniel Buzolic, aka Kol, looks like he’s thinking up some trouble to get into.
- Speaking of trouble…look! It’s Daniel Gillies!
- No one is safe from Chris Grismer’s camera. Not even Caroline Dries.
As if our anticipation for Dangerous Liaisons (EP314), tomorrow night’s new episode of The Vampire Diaries, wasn’t unbearable enough – here come Julie Plec and Caroline Dries with a preview of what we can expect.
Well, we’re accustomed to seeing these “previews” before the episode, but looks like we’re getting this video with Julie Plec and Caroline Dries as a sort of retrospective. XOXO.
We’ve had a pretty good preview of tonight’s new episode of The Vampire Diaries from Michael Trevino, but now producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries give us their take on what to expect at 8/7c on the CW.