We’re a little late with this, apologies, but The VRO is already a week into their annual Vampire Diaries Month of May – a solid month of Vampire Diaries cast and guest star interviews on BlogTalkRadio.
Tonight, May 8th, Susan Walters (Carol Lockwood) kicks things off at 8pm and Steven R. McQueen calls in at 9pm to chat about Season 3 and Jeremy Gilbert.
Here’s who has already stopped by, just to catch you up (all interviews are available to listen to in full):
- May 2nd: Persia White (Abby Bennett)
- May 2nd: Robert Ri’chard (Jamie)
- May 7th: Alice Evans (Esther)
- May 7th: Marguerite MacIntyre (Sheriff Forbes)
All upcoming scheduled interviews (and we have it on good authority more are coming and to be announced, so follow @TheVRO for the latest!):
- May 8th, 8pm ET: Susan Walters (Carol Lockwood)
- May 8th, 9pm ET: Steven R. McQueen (Jeremy Gilbert)
- May 14th, 8pm ET: Casper Zafer (Finn)
- Arielle Kebbel really wants you to come to the ATX Festival. Check out the video above!
- Daniel Gillies really DOES love us.
- Did you catch Sara Canning’s episode of Supernatural? (Link goes to promo)
- An interesting analysis of familial relationships on The Vampire Diaries.
- Print it out and keep it as a pocket guide! The Vampire Diaries family tree.
- Daniel Gillies’ film, Broken Kingdom, is getting closer to the goal, but still needs support. Spread the word!
- Nina Dobrev and Candice Accola at the Barcadi Bash.
- Speaking of Nina Dobrev, she was at the Superbowl, tweeting before and after pics
- Al Septien gets the credit for tweeting this Original family photo, but beware of spoilers if you’re not up to date on the episodes!
- The same goes for this dinner party photo.
- Joseph Morgan tweeted this awesome sibling rivalry picture.
- Claire Holt refuses to be outdone, she tweeted this photo of Daniel Gillies and Joseph Morgan.
- Artist’s rendition of Candice Accola and Nina Dobrev kicking butt, football style. Adorable!
- Nina Dobrev in the Celebrity Beach Bowl.
- Nina again, this time looking lovely for Nylon Magazine.
- Katerina Graham in Instyle Magazine.
- Ian Somerhalder talks to Weekender about ISF and being green.
- Crissy Calhoun’s Love You To Death unofficial companion guide gets a nod from The Vampire Librarian.
- If you’re not following Chris Grismer on Twitter, you’re missing out on some amazing goodies. He posted a whole lot of pictures this week.
- Like this one of Paul Wesley, and this one of Ian Somerhalder.
- How about a picture of Klaus all dressed up for the ball?
- A picture of Candice Accola in her ballgown, and here’s one of Claire Holt getting her makeup touched up.
- Casper Zafer, aka Finn, does not have on his happy face.
- Nathaniel Buzolic, aka Kol, looks like he’s thinking up some trouble to get into.
- Speaking of trouble…look! It’s Daniel Gillies!
- No one is safe from Chris Grismer’s camera. Not even Caroline Dries.
UPDATE: The VRO has just announced that TVD Executive Producer Julie Plec will be a guest on Friday, May 11th.
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks. Please insert theme song by Explosions in the Sky here and enjoy.
Well, you can put away those wishlists, Vampire Diaries fans: TV Guide has exclusively revealed who will be portraying our final two unknown Originals. British actor Casper Zafer will play Finn and Australian actor Nathaniel Buzolic will play Kol, brothers to Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah. (The article clarifies the point that the two other Original siblings died before/during the events of Ordinary People.) GET THE DETAILS OVER AT TV GUIDE.
(We couldn’t find a proper head shot of Mr. Zafer, so had to use a still from a film. We’ll be on the look out for a better one! Also, there seems to be a lot of confusion about how his name is spelled, so apologies if IMDb is wrong. We’ll fix that, too, if we chose the wrong one.)
UPDATE: Zap2It has a very interesting tidbit via Julie Plec that will be sure to interest the coffin-counters in the house.