According to a TVLine exclusive, The Originals has cast Elyse Levesque (SGU, Cedar Cove) in the recurring role of Genevieve. “The seductive and deceptive Genevieve returns to New Orleans with a mysterious agenda and some unfinished business with Rebekah and Marcel.” She will first appear in episode 13.
And over at Zap2it, Daniella Pineda discusses Sophie’s future in relation to the Harvest, the other characters, potential love interests, and more.
“It is a really big blow. The elders are gone, but the elders have the access to all the major power,” Pineda says. “Even though Davina’s sucked up a great deal from The Harvest, the elders know what they’re doing, they know how to proceed. And my character was rather reluctant in the beginning, so it’s a huge blow. Nothing could be worse for the witches than right now. The only other option is who will become the next elder, and that takes time.”
In advance of tonight’s mid-season finale, Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109), Zap2it spoke with Danielle Campbell about Davina’s power and priorities, her relationship with Tim, the shocking events of the episode, and more. About her character:
“She’s pretty damn powerful,” Campbell points out. “She knows what’s going on and she’s starting to develop her own sense of what she thinks and she’s not just taking one side or another. She’s starting to have a voice of her own and she’s starting to figure out what she wants. She’s starting to think for herself.”
There’s an unembeddable video interview, too, so make sure you click over for the whole thing.
Before tonight’s new episode of The Originals, The River in Reverse (EP108), let’s catch up on a few set visit interviews, a nice story about the show filming in New Orleans, and more. There’s a bunch of scoop about what is to come, especially between certain siblings and a certain pregnant werewolf, so beware of spoilers and read at your own risk! If you’ve found any interviews we’ve missed, feel free to put them in the comments. And enjoy The River in Reverse (EP108)!
- Claire Holt Talks Special Episode of The Originals, History with Marcel, Love for Target [TV Fanatic]
- The CW’s ‘The Originals’ shoots on-location in the city where it’s set, New Orleans [nola.com]
- ‘The Originals’ cast talks Hayley’s history, her bond with Elijah, Marcel and Rebekah’s revenge on Klaus, and more [Zap2it]
- The Originals Preview: As Elijah and Hayley Bond, Will Klaus Be Replaced in His Baby’s Life? [TVLine]
Before tonight’s new episode of The Originals, check out what the cast has to say about filming in New Orleans in this video from the CW.
Lots of reporters headed to the set of The Vampire Diaries for the 100th episode celebration, so there are a whole bunch of new set visit reports and interviews for us to read! Find out what’s up with your favorite plots, ships, and more. Some focus on things we’ve already seen, while others peek into the future, so beware of spoilers! (And there are a few tidbits about The Originals scattered in there too.) If you’ve found any set visit reports we’ve missed, please go ahead and share them in the comments.
- Best TV Couple of All Time: We Have a Winner! Instant Reaction—and Scoop—Straight From the Set [E!Online]
- TVD Set Scoop: Kat Graham Talks Carrie, Crying and Bonnie’s Possible Return [TV Fanatic]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ EP Caroline Dries and Paul Wesley clear up the Silas confusion: Is he alive, dead, cured, or aging? [Zap2it]
- The Vampire Diaries’ Kat Graham: Bonnie’s Return From the Other Side Is Bittersweet [TV Guide]
- The Vampire Diaries: Paul Wesley and Candice Accola Have Very Different Opinions on a Stefan-Caroline Romance [E!Online]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ shipper update: The cast teases what’s coming next for Delena, Stelena, Klaroline, Steroline, Forwood, Beremy, and more [Zap2it]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ spoilers: The EPs and cast on ‘crazy pants’ Amara, Stefan’s returned memory, and more in ‘Death and the Maiden’ [Zap2it]
- Vampire Diaries Stars Talk Delena ‘Tension,’ Stelena’s ‘Faded’ Romance and Katherine’s Love [TVLine]
- Vampire Diaries Stars Talk ‘Very Final’ Forwood Break-Up, Steroline Teases and Flirting With Jesse [TVLine]
Michael Trevino makes his The Originals debut in tomorrow night’s all-new episode, Bloodletting (EP107), and he’s dropping teases about Tyler’s New Orleans agenda and who may or may not be in his vengeance-hungry hybrid crosshairs.
Also fueling Tyler’s desire for revenge? Not only has Klaus killed his mother, but also his crush on Caroline led to the eventual “Forwood” breakup. “Klaus has always wanted to be with Caroline and he’s made that very clear. And his infatuation with her still exists,” Trevino says. “It’s kind of tough. We can only do that love triangle between Klaus and Caroline and Tyler for so long. So I’m glad that with what’s happening now, we’ve kind of finally put an end to that. Whether that’s good or bad for Tyler remains to be seen. But we’re finally going to address that and leave it and hopefully never touch on it again.”
How is the relationship between Hayley and Tyler when they reunite?
Trevino: It’s not good. She backstabbed him, and so Tyler is really coming to New Orleans as a villain.
Ultimate revenge on Klaus could be killing Hayley and his baby. Do you think he has it in him to be that evil?
Trevino: I do. Tyler has always been surrounded by death, and Klaus killed his mother, and Hayley had something to do with that. So is it in him? Absolutely.
And be sure to check out Michael’s set video interview via TV Fanatic:
What can we expect from Tyler’s “second act of revenge” against his hybrid nemesis, as Trevino described to TV Fanatic yesterday on The Vampire Diaries set?
Might this actually be a suicide mission?!?
Phoebe Tonkin, Daniel Gillies, and Joseph Morgan discuss the hazards of falling for the mother of your brother’s unborn child with E!Online. As all things Original go, it’s indeed complicated:
“There’s the idea that Elijah is usurping his role as father. Having this family is what Elijah wants most; family above all. He’s taking on that role and that is addressed in the show,” [Joseph Morgan] explains. “We’re not beating around that bush. We’ll absolutely make reference to the fact that you might think that he’s the father with the way that he’s acting. That’s a lot of fun. I think that was a really fair decision from the writers to create that romantic tension between those two characters because that really messes with Klaus.”
The TV Addict has a slew of brief, red carpet chats with Vampire Diaries cast, writers, and guest stars (and bonus Kevin Williamson appearance!) at Saturday night’s TVD100 Celebration event in Atlanta.
CLICK FOR MORE INTERVIEWS WITH NINA DOBREV, PAUL WESLEY, KAT GRAHAM, MICHAEL TREVINO, STEVEN R. MCQUEEN, CANDICE ACCOLA, ZACH ROERIG, MATT DAVIS, SARA CANNING, NATHANIEL BUZOLIC, OLGA FONDA, MALESE JOW, MARGUERITE MACINTYRE & JULIE PLEC.
The Hollywood Reporter spoke with Leah Pipes about her character Cami’s tragic family history as well as her relationships with Klaus and Marcel, and her feelings about her character in general:
“Every script I get I am more and more happy. I really love where the writers are taking Cami, and I’m enjoying telling that story. Obviously she’s the most relatable for a lot of young girls watching the show. Cami is just a normal human girl, and the way she handles herself in the precarious situation of being mind-controlled is, I think, commendable.”
She also gives a little tease about tonight’s episode!
It’s been widely rumored, and now the news is confirmed by Michael Trevino himself: According to Entertainment Weekly, his character Tyler Lockwood will be appearing on The Originals.
”A lot of fans are upset that Tyler has made the decision to leave as soon as he shows up. I’m getting a little bit of flack for it on the Twitterverse here,” Trevino says. “I just want to say everything will be explained, and I think Tyler will make it good once he shows up to The Originals…. I think everybody will be happy with Tyler’s reasoning when they see what he’s been up to and what he has planned.”
No word yet on exactly when he’ll be showing up or for how many episodes.
Want to learn more about a few of our favorite witches? In the lead-up to and aftermath of last night’s episode of The Originals, Sinners and Saints (EP105), both Daniella Pineda and Danielle Campbell did a bunch of interviews about their characters. They talk about Sophie’s and Davina’s histories and relationships with Marcel, Elijah, and others, and give some teases about what’s to come for them in the future. If you’ve found more interviews we don’t have, please put them in the comments and we’ll add them! Beware of spoilers!
- Entertainment Weekly: ‘The Originals’: Danielle Campbell talks Davina’s power, upcoming answers, and why Elijah should wear leather
- Hollywood Life: ‘The Originals’: Danielle Campbell On Davina’s Future With Tim & More
- Just Jared Jr.: ‘The Originals’ Interview: Daniella Pineda on Sophie’s Calculated Plan to Take Down Marcel
- Just Jared Jr.: ‘The Originals’ Interview: Danielle Campbell Opens Up About a ‘Betrayal of Trust’
- TV Fanatic: The Originals Spoilers: Danielle Campbell on Connecting With Elijah, Wrangling Her Powers and More!
- TV Guide: The Originals’ Daniella Pineda: Sophie Goes Further Into a Difficult Spot
- TV Guide: The Originals’ Danielle Campbell: Viewers Will Finally Understand Why Davina Is So Powerful
- Zap2it: ‘The Originals’: Danielle Campbell on the Harvest Festival, chemistry with Elijah, and more