Tonight’s much-anticipated return of The Vampire Diaries marks Paul Wesley‘s directorial debut with Resident Evil (EP518). Congratulations, Paul! He’s been making the rounds with the press in honor of the occasion, so we’ve got a whole lot of reading for you to help pass the time until the episode. If we find more interviews, we’ll add them on, so check back later! And make sure you tune in to the CW tonight at 8/7c for the episode!
- Paul Wesley Sinks His Fangs Into Directing ‘The Vampire Diaries’ [Wall Street Journal]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’: Director Paul Wesley explains why he nixed a shirtless moment in this week’s episode [Entertainment Weekly]
- The Vampire Diaries’ Paul Wesley: Directorial Debut Addresses the Future of Stefan and Elena [TV Guide]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’: Paul Wesley makes his directorial debut with ‘nostalgic’ episode filled with easter eggs [Zap2it]
- ‘Vampire Diaries’: Paul Wesley on ‘Daunting’ Directorial Debut and Unexpected Hiccups [The Hollywood Reporter]
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: Paul Wesley on His Directorial Debut [Give Me My Remote]
We’ll get to see Paul Wesley‘s directorial debut this Thursday on The Vampire Diaries with Resident Evil (EP518), and the actor/director stopped by PIX11 Morning News to talk about the experience and how his fellow cast members reacted to his new role. Head over to PIX11 to watch.
The Originals is back and Davina is back from the dead – and not content to keep being used by the various supernatural forces at war in New Orleans. Danielle Campbell talked to TVLine about what’s ahead for her character in the last few episodes of the season.
“She’s been lied to and deceived way too many times. She’s tired of being used as everybody’s pawn. Josh sat her down in the last episode and was like, ‘You’re a witch. You need to harness your powers,’ and she listened to him. She’s starting to find her place in the coven and create new allies for herself.”
Intriguing! She also talks about the Davina/Klaus dynamic and teases the finale a bit.
The Originals returns with new episodes tonight, and TV Guide spoke with Nathan Parsons about the possibilities for Jackson and Hayley:
“Hayley is a werewolf but she has no idea what that really means because she didn’t grow up with the pack. She does not understand the traditions, and those traditions are very important to Jackson, so who knows if they could ever be together? She walks the line between the wolves and the vampires and both factions want her. As for Elijah, he’s a pretty formidable opponent for Jackson but you’ll start to see that the two guys are surprisingly similar. They both bear the responsibility of tending to a really messed-up family, and they share the pain and agony that goes with that.”
He also discusses the audition process and his role on True Blood.
Paul Wesley is making his Vampire Diaries directorial debut in a few weeks with Resident Evil (EP518), and E!Online spoke with him about the experience:
“It was amazing. I mean it was really amazing. The cast was so supportive. I was nervous at first. I mean, I remember my first scene—I was terrified,” Wesley recalls. “Then it got easier and easier, and it became more natural, and now it just feels like I want to do it again and I want to do it even better. But it was a really wonderful experience.”
And the challenge of directing himself:
“That was hard for me because I had a playback monitor, but at the same time, I almost didn’t want to even look at it, because I hate watching myself,” he admits. “We would like, shoot the scene and then I would like literally look at it for maybe two seconds just to make sure it was lined up right and then move on.”
He also speaks about his animal rights work and his perhaps unexpected voice mail recording.
Candice Accola chats with Entertainment Weekly about tonight’s episode The Vampire Diaries, including touching on a few points raised at this past weekend’s PaleyFest festival.
Paul [Wesley] got his say at PaleyFest when he mentioned how he’d like to see [Stefan and Caroline] take that next step and maybe make things romantic, but personally, would you want to see them go there?
Ever since season 2, when Stefan kind of took Caroline under his vampire wing and taught her how to behave like a good little vampire, there’s been a lot of viewers and fans in the Twitterverse expressing their hope of Steroline, I think they call it, to happen one day. So there’s definitely been speculation and some build up, and it would definitely be a bold choice for both of them to engage in any sort of romantic relationship given the friendship of Caroline and Elena and the history between Elena and Stefan. And so you never know what can happen in the future between these two characters, but I imagine it being very dramatic if anything were to happen.
An all-new episode of The Vampire Diaries airs tonight at 8/7c and Candice Accola teased Access Hollywood about what we can expect with Caroline and Enzo’s road trip to track down yet another Silas doppelganger, the paramedic-in-Atlanta Tom.
There have already been some sparks (well, to be fair, verbal sparring) between Caroline and the formerly imprisoned Enzo, but don’t expect their journey in this week’s episode to lead to romance.
“I think that the witty banter between both of these characters [is] really fun. … Already what I think I’ve seen through Twitterverse, is that it’s kind of a little reminiscent to the banter between Caroline and Klaus,” Candice said. “There’s nothing necessarily dramatic on this road trip between these two characters romantically. I think it’s just a new kind of witty banter that gets the blood boiling a little bit for these characters.”
Couldn’t make it to PaleyFest? We’ve got you covered with plenty of links to pictures and coverage from the weekend’s events. Enjoy! (And more coverage may be trickling in this week, so check back later for additions!)
- PaleyFest 2014: THE ORIGINALS and THE VAMPIRE DIARIES Panel Photos [Give Me My Remote]
The Vampire Diaries
- 5 Mini Vampire Diaries Teases [TV Guide]
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ Stars and EPs Reveal Season 5 Secrets [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Vampire Diaries @ PaleyFest: ‘Hope For Stelena,’ Katherine’s Possible Return and More Scoop [TVLine]
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: Caroline Dries on the ‘Linchpin’ in the Mythology, Bonnie’s Crisis, the Triangle, and More [Give Me My Remote]
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: Ian Somerhalder on What’s Next For Damon and Elena [Give Me My Remote]
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: Nina Dobrev on Losing Katherine, Elena’s Troubles, and More [Give Me My Remote]
- On the Red Carpet’s video interviews: Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Paul Wesley on directing
- The Originals @ PaleyFest: Claire Holt Explains Her Exit, Plus Scoop on Elijah’s ‘Unraveling’ [TVLine]
- The Originals: Claire Holt Sets Record Straight on Why She Left [TV Guide]
- THE ORIGINALS: Daniel Gillies on Elijah/Hayley, Klaus’ Betrayal, and More [Give Me My Remote]
- THE ORIGINALS: Julie Plec on the Possibility of Rebekah Returning via Flashbacks — or to THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (Video Below) [Give Me My Remote]
- On the Red Carpet’s video interviews: Joseph Morgan, Leah Pipes, Danielle Campbell, Phoebe Tonkin, Daniel Gillies, Charles Michael Davis
Tonight’s the night! The casts and executive producers of The Vampire Diaries and The Originals will be representing their respective shows tonight at the 2014 PaleyFest Television Festival. Couldn’t it make it to Los Angeles for the big event? No worries, Paley has you covered: You will be able to watch a livestream direct from the Dolby Theatre, starting at 7:15pm Pacific time. First up will be The Originals panel, followed by The Vampire Diaries panel at 8:20pm.
BuzzFeed posted some shocking news for The Originals fans tonight after the show’s East coast airing. Since we’re aware that many fans DVR the show, and it relates to events in tonight’s episode, Farewell to Storyville (EP116), we’re placing the news behind a cut for now. UPDATE: Post edited.
As the headline states, a lead actor and integral character made their last appearance as a series regular in tonight’s The Originals.
According to BuzzFeed, Claire Holt has left The Originals.
BuzzFeed has confirmed that Episode 16, the aptly titled “Farewell to Storyville,” was Holt’s final installment as a series regular. According to sources close to production, it was entirely the actress’s decision to leave The Originals, but everyone involved with the freshman series hopes she might return for future guest appearances.
We expect we’ll have more to say about this news once we’ve properly processed it, but we want to give Claire Holt our most sincere thanks for bringing Rebekah Mikaelson to life over two seasons of The Vampire Diaries and most of The Originals Season 1. Tonight was a prime example of why we love this character, and why we will miss having her on our screens every week. We wish Claire the utmost luck in her future projects, but hope we will be seeing Bex pop by once in a while.