TV Guide caught up with Matt Davis to chat about Alaric’s complicated love life (will the guy ever catch a break?), which Salvatore brother he’d choose to kill, his favorite kills, and why Vampire Diaries is a lot like Survivor.
TV Guide Magazine: Have you had a favorite kill so far?
Davis: I haven’t been doing much killing lately, so I would have to say that my favorites are whenever Damon kills me.
TV Guide Magazine: And that happens so often! How many times has Alaric died already?
Davis: I don’t know, five or six. It’s like a regular thing.
AfterElton caught up with Kat Graham, Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley and Julie Plec on the PaleyFest press line this past weekend to talk about what’s going down in Mystic Falls and, well, shirtlessness. You can watch the video with Kat Graham below and watch the rest over at AfterElton.
And PopSugarTV also chatted with Julie Plec and cast on the PaleyFest press line and a certain blond hybrid was popular topic (plus, you know, other stuff):
We have yet another video from the PaleyFest press line! IGN interviewed Kat Graham, Matt Davis, Paul Wesley, Candice Accola, and Ian Somerhalder about what’s in store for their characters when the show returns, including Bonnie’s relationship with her mother, Alaric’s relationship with his magical ring, and Caroline’s relationship with sparkly jewelry.
The Vampire Diaries is back tomorrow night and we are rewarding your patience with some must-have Vampire Diaries goodies, courtesy of the CW Network. This round, in honor of Cassidy Freeman‘s TVD debut as Sage and those awesome shots of her in the boxing ring, we decided to have some fun with the citizens of Mystic Falls. If your favorite character was a boxer, what would their boxing name be? Would your money be on Matt “Hard Luck” Donovan? Carol “The Event” Lockwood? Or maybe Klaus “The Renovator”?
One grand prize winner will receive: The full-sized Season 3 promo poster pictured at left, signed by Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder and Joseph Morgan. Two runners-up will win unsigned Season 3 promo posters. Wanna play?
- This contest is open to international fans so EVERYONE can play!
- You must have a Twitter account and be following both @tvdnews and @CW_Network. (It’s important because we’ll be DMing the winners!)
- Copy and paste this tweet: [Your Character's Boxing Name Here] will win me a signed poster from @tvdnews! Watch #TVD1912 this Thursday, March 15 at 8/7c on the CW! You will replace the note in brackets with your character’s boxing name. EXAMPLE ENTRY: Klaus The Renovator will win me a signed poster from @tvdnews! Watch #TVD1912 this Thursday, March 15 at 8/7c on the CW! Be funny, be clever, be creative!
- Be sure you copy and paste the entry above as you must have the hashtag #TVD1912 and @tvdnews and include a character’s name (doesn’t matter if it’s first or last name or both, just make sure it’s clear what character you’re referring to).
- You have until Thursday, March 15th at 8pm ET to tweet your entries.
- Winners will be chosen at random and notified via DM by Tuesday, March 20th and will be announced on the blog when we do our round-up post on Wednesday, March 21st.
- Enter as many times as you’d like, but please do not go overboard spamming us with entries. Be reasonable. And have fun!
While Team V-D.net will be choosing the three winners randomly – one grand prize winner and two runners-up – we will be featuring our favorite entries overall on the blog. If you don’t win this round, don’t fret! Because you’ll have another chance next week.
Make sure to tune in to Vampire Diaries this Thursday, March 15th at 8/7c on the CW! And a huge THANK YOU to the CW for the awesome prizes!
Zap2it spoke with Paul Wesley about what’s coming up for Stefan in the next few episodes, including his relationships with Elena and Damon and his blood addiction issues. On the brothers’ view of their romantic situation:
“I think they’ve come to this silent understanding of the fact that they both are in love with the same girl,” Paul laughs. “They just allow it. To be honest, it’s almost like Stefan allowed Damon to step in. I mean, that was Stefan’s girl, and now Damon is suddenly a real factor, he’s really in the picture.”
And why he likes playing the Ripper:
“I really just enjoy [Ripper Stefan] a lot more. You play a vampire on screen, and when you have to play a good vampire, you have to fight your nature. Good Stefan doesn’t feel as natural in terms of what I want to be doing on screen, and what I want to be saying. I feel a little stifled, myself, whenever he’s resisting the urge to do vampiresque things.”
The CW Network official YouTube account has posted a PaleyFest video with snippets of interviews with Julie Plec and several Vampire Diaries cast members, including Candice Accola, Nina Dobrev, Kat Graham, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, and Matt Davis. It also gives a glimpse into what the press line at an event like this is like!
And the PaleyFest interviews just keep on coming! E!Online has you covered with interviews with Julie Plec, Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Candice Accola, and Matt Davis. Warning: Spoilers through All My Children (EP315) abound, and there are lots of hints about upcoming episodes as well!
In this wide-ranging interview, Julie discusses the most important relationship on the show, flashbacks, the love triangle, Caroline and Klaus, what Jeremy and Tyler are up to, and more:
Hollywood Crush talked to Ian Somerhalder at PaleyFest and he told them about how new character Sage affected Damon and about the use of flashbacks in general:
“I think the invaluable thing about these flashbacks is that you inevitably find out what made these characters who they are now. What was the anatomy of the events that lead them up to now?”
Watch the video to find out how Sage helped make Damon who he is today:
If you missed the live stream of the Vampire Diaries panel at PaleyFest on Saturday night, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with all kinds of press interviews and panel recaps, along with plenty of great photos. Remember, the panel itself will be available on HuluPlus starting on March 15th. Take note that HuluPlus is not the same as regular Hulu, it’s a subscription similar to Netflix. It does offer a free trial period, though, so you can check out the panel at no cost if you don’t mind jumping through a few hoops.
SPOILERS ARE EVERYWHERE. Warning, UK fans: There were a lot of allusions to things that have happened up through All My Children (EP315). If you don’t want any spoilers at all, you may want to step away from the computer until 1912 (EP316) airs on Thursday night. The PaleyFest audience was treated to an advanced screening of this Thursday’s new episode, so pretty much every link in our round up below has some kind of spoiler, so read at your own risk!
- The Paley Center For Media: What I Learned at PaleyFest (short video clip from the panel)
- HitFix.com: ‘Vampire Diaries’ team talks love triangles and fan-fic at PaleyFest
- The Hollywood Reporter: PaleyFest: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Cast and Producer Reveal 8 Season 3 Clues
- TV Line: Vampire Diaries Scoop: Can Damon Tame Stefan? Plus: The Love Triangle ‘Comes to a Head’
- TV Guide: The Vampire Diaries’ Julie Plec: Damon Never Really Gives Up
- Zap2it: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ does ’1912′: Five things to expect (without ruining the fun!)
- The TV Chick: PALEYFEST: Top 10 Moments from The Vampire Diaries
- The Voice Of TV: LIVE from Paley Fest: CW’s The Vampire Diaries
- TV Fanatic:The Vampire Diaries Cast Teases the Return of Mother Original and More!
PRESS INTERVIEWS/1912 TEASES
- The Hollywood Reporter: ‘Vampire Diaries’: Ian Somerhalder Proposes Damon-Elena Tropical Getaway (Video)
- E!Online: The Vampire Diaries: Five Things to Expect From Thursday’s Epic “1912″! (Video)
- Entertainment Weekly: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ cast teases Alaric twist, Originals’ ‘appetite for destruction,’ and more love triangle action (Video)
- TV Fanatic: The Vampire Diaries Cast Interviews: Red Carpet Scoop!
- Give Me My Remote: THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: Julie Plec Teases ’1912′ and Why Damon and Stefan Are ‘Being Heroes to Each Other’
PRESS LINE PHOTOS
The Vampire Diaries panel at PaleyFest is this weekend, March 10th at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills (remember: you will be able to watch it via livestream) and TV Guide has the first look at the limited edition PaleyFest poster. Festival attendees will have a chance at purchasing the poster at the event itself and any remaining posters will be for sale afterwards at Gallery 1988. Only 300 prints will be available.
Click the image to see a larger version of the poster at TV Guide. And let us know what you think of the poster in the comments.