And the goodies just keep rolling in! TV Line has an exclusive peek at a few brand new cast promo photos, featuring Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Nina Dobrev and Joseph Morgan. Check out the shot of Ian, Joseph, and Paul, and head over to TV Line to see some snazzy solo shots of the cast. Vampire Diaries returns tomorrow at 8/7c on the CW!
Those “Best Of 2011″ lists just keep on comin’! Here’s the latest round-up of lists where The Vampire Diaries or its cast has made the cut.
- Vote for Vampire Diaries in E!Online‘s Best of 2011: Top 10 “OMG” TV Moments.
- Our show clocks in at #14 on TV Guide‘s list of The Best TV Shows of 2011.
- TV Guide lists The Sun Also Rises (EP221) as one of 2011′s Best Episodes of TV.
- The soap dish gets a nod at Entertainment Weekly as one of the best props of 2011.
- TVD has two nods on FearNet‘s Best TV Kills list, with the honors going to Elijah and Stefan.
- Via HitFix, TVD is number 9 on The Fien Print’s TV Top 10.
- Definitely one of the Highlights of 2011, via ATV Today.
- Number 10 on Tube Talk’s Top 25 Shows of 2011.
- Tyler’s transformation got a well-earned nod on this list of Best TV Moments of 2011, via The Examiner.
- Price Peterson gave TVD the spotlight for TV.com‘s staff Editors’ Picks.
- The Vampire Diaries is #5 on Canyon News‘ list of Top Movies and Television Shows of 2011.
- The TV Chick name checks TVD as the “Best Twisty Drama” of 2011.
A reporter from the New York Times Syndicate recently caught up with Nina Dobrev by phone from the set in Atlanta. She had some nice things to say about the show’s passionate fans, and also spoke about the challenges inherent in playing both Elena and Katherine:
“So it’s been more about learning to manage time and learning when to let go. I’m a perfectionist, I put 110 percent into everything. Trying to do that for two characters, I’ve been putting in 220 percent. It’s been a lot of work, but really cool. It confused me sometimes, early on, and I learned, when you’re doing something like this 10 months a year for possibly six years, you have to preserve your energy. I feel like it’s been acting boot camp. I’ve done everything on this show, a lot of things many actors don’t get to do throughout their whole career. So there’s nothing I can’t do or achieve after this.”
Assignment X talked to Paul Wesley (seems the interview happened at Comic Con?) about his experiences playing Stefan and other paranormal characters. On acting in genre projects as opposed to realistic drama:
“I think it’s really more about the human condition and you’re basing it in reality. Regardless of what the circumstances are, you need to base that in reality. You need to be a human being on Earth experiencing this. If you look at it as, ‘Oh, this is just a fantasy,’ then you’re not bringing true emotion to it. You can’t look at it in a biased way, you have to sort of objectify the whole thing.”
The CW’s Judy Yam tweeted out a behind the scenes sneak peek from an upcoming Vampire Diaries episode this afternoon, featuring Joseph Morgan and Michael Trevino. Is it January 5th yet?
The CW has spliced together a nifty promo/congrats video for the CW’s People’s Choice nominees – and that, of course, includes The Vampire Diaries. We’ll find out who won awards on January 11, 9/8c on CBS.
If the winter hiatus is getting you down, we’ve got just the thing to perk you up a bit. Steven R. McQueen is featured in the latest issue of Bello Magazine (it’ll be out on December 15th!), and you’ll definitely want to get your hands on a copy. You can see some of the pictures and get a hint about the article here at Socialite Life.
On December 10th, Kat Graham and Ian Somerhalder hosted The Ripple Effect event, a charity dinner benefiting The Water Project. Vampire Diaries cast and crew members turned out to support the event and help raise awareness of the desperate need for clean water in Africa and around the world. Julie Plec, Nina Dobrev, Michael Trevino, Arielle Kebbel, and Bianca Lawson all attended the event, and while we haven’t seen a picture of Kevin Williamson yet, he was tweeting about Kat’s speech.
Photos & Articles:
- Pictures from KaterinaGraham.org.
- Pictures by Chelsea Lauren
- Pictures and a brief article about the event.
- Julie Plec and Kat Graham.
- Picture from the event tweeted by Nina Dobrev.
- More photos at Just Jared.
- Ian Somerhalder and Kat Graham
- Kat Graham and Nina Dobrev
- Nina Dobrev
- Ian Somerhalder
- Arielle Kebbel (and Matt Lanter)
- Nina Dobrev for Free the Children
- Kat Graham for the Ian Somerhalder Foundation
- Joseph Morgan for PositiveWomen.Org
- Ian Somerhalder for the Ian Somerhalder Foundation
- Paul Wesley for Global Roots
Entertainment Weekly‘s Spoiler Room chats with Paul Wesley about whose soft side you shouldn’t expect to see in the latter half of Vampire Diaries Season 3 – and he’s not talking about Stefan:
“I don’t think Klaus is in any danger of ever becoming a good guy,” he tells EW. He will either stick around as a villain for quite a while or he’ll be sent out with a big bang. I don’t think we’ll ever convert Klaus into like one of the guys in Mystic Falls who works at the Mystic Grill flipping burgers. That would be a big mistake.”
It’s that time of year again – the holidays are upon us and there are a lot of great causes out there that could use some support. We all know how active The Vampire Diaries cast is when it comes to good works, and it looks like they (along with their fellow CW actors) are getting some network support so fans can know which causes their favorites support. From the press release:
December 7, 2011 (Burbank, CA) – The CW has launched Causes to Care About, an online destination where viewers can learn more about the charities embraced by the stars of their favorite CW shows, and donate to their favorite causes this holiday season.
Fans can go to causes.cwtv.com to find videos from stars of many of The CW’s primetime shows, in which each actor talks about why their chosen charity is one close to their heart. The site will also link to each actor’s chosen charity, so fans can easily donate directly to them.
Check out all the participating actors and their causes here at the CW.
Speaking of ISF, Ian Somerhalder’s birthday is tomorrow, and he’d like to share his birthday wish with all of you.
Lastly, there’s still time to win a chance to have dinner with Paul Wesley and Torrey DeVitto, all while supporting Global Roots.