Hardly Magazine spoke with Steven R. McQueen recently and the actor shared some of his favorite music, talked about shooting in Vancouver, and a little about leaving Jeremy on set at the end of the day. The actor also asserts that he’s happy to still be on Team Human.
“I enjoy playing a human in this fantasy world,” says McQueen who is happy not to see Jeremy become a vampire, werewolf, or hybrid (part vampire/part werewolf).
In addition to the article, there are some beautiful pictures by photographer Yunice Kang, you can see them all here.
Have a burning question for Candice Accola? Want to get her take on recent events, or on Caroline’s Homecoming plans? Need a way to pass that last hour before the new episode, East Coast? Head over to EW.com for a live Q&A chat tonight, Thursday, October 27 at 7:00pm ET. If you click over now, you can set up a reminder for yourself so you don’t miss it. (And if you do miss it, the chat transcript should be available to read later.)
The Associated Press sat down with Paul Wesley, Candice Accola, and Nina Dobrev to talk Halloween costumes, past and present. (Candice’s costume for this year is BRILLIANT, by the way.)
Starting tomorrow night, we’re heading into three epic Vampire Diaries episodes, so what better way to celebrate than with three weeks of awesome Twitter giveaways, courtesy of CW Network?
This week we’re celebrating TVD’s Halloween episode, Ghost World, with some fandom fun. Remember our OMFG Twitter contest? Well, we’re doing it again, only with a spooky twist. And here’s what one grand prize winner will receive: The Season 3 promo mini-poster pictured at left, signed by Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder and Joseph Morgan. Two runners-up will win unsigned Season 3 promo posters. And we’ll even throw in some extra TVD goodies, too. Wanna play?
- This contest is open to international fans so EVERYONE can play!
- You must have a Twitter account and be following both @tvdnews and @CW_Network. (It’s important because we’ll be DMing the winners!)
- Come up with a witty/funny/creative/etc. phrase for the anagram GHOST. It must be a Vampire Diaries-related phrase and you must post it on Twitter. (See the OMFG post for a clear idea on how to play.) EXAMPLE ENTRY: Grumpy Hybrid Original Seeks Team. #TVDGW
- All entries must have this hashtag: #TVDGW. You do not need to reply to us with your entry, just make sure it has that hashtag because that’s how we will be tracking the entries. If your entry doesn’t have that hashtag, it won’t show up on a search for that hashtag and therefore will not be counted.
- You have until Friday, October 28th at 11:59pm Pacific to tweet your entries.
- Winners will be notified via DM by Tuesday, November 1st and will be announced on the blog when we do our #TVDGW round-up post on Wednesday, November 2nd.
- Enter as many times as you’d like. And have fun!
Team V-D.net will choose three winning entries – one grand prize winner and two runners-up. Those entries will also be featured on the blog, along with other favorite tweets we see. If you don’t win this round, don’t fret! Because you’ll have two more chances in the next two weeks.
Make sure to tune in to Vampire Diaries this Thursday, October 27th at 8/7c on the CW! And a huge THANK YOU to the CW for the awesome prizes!
In case you missed Nina Dobrev and Joseph Morgan on KTLA Morning News early this morning, you can watch the interview below courtesy of KTLA.
The 2012 People’s Choice Awards may not air until January, but the voting is officially on! This is your official reminder that Vampire Diaries fandom needs to vote hard for our show and cast in this year’s People’s Choice Awards. The show airs LIVE on Wed., Jan. 11, 2012, 9-11pm ET on CBS and we want to see TVD on that ballot. We’re in the nomination phase now, where the top five official nominees (those listed) and write-in votes (more on that below) are voted on by fans and then whittled down to five official nominees in each category.
The top five in each category will become the official nominees and will be announced on November 8, 2011 at The Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills during the annual PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS press conference.
We’ve listed the official Vampire Diaries nominations below, as well as the categories that could definitely use some TVD love. REMEMBER: YOU CAN VOTE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU’D LIKE. Mobilize and get the word out, people! The show needs our votes!
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES IN FAVORITE NETWORK TV DRAMA
- IAN SOMERHALDER IN TV DRAMA ACTOR
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES IN FAVORITE SCI-FI/FANTASY TV SHOW
But your job is not done, fandom! You can write-in a nomination in each category, so let’s represent for the entire Vampire Diaries cast, shall we? All you have to do is click OTHER and type in the name of who you’re nominating. We’ve made it easy – just click each cast member below to go directly to their relevant category and write them in!
- NINA DOBREV AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTRESS
- PAUL WESLEY AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTOR
- CANDICE ACCOLA AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTRESS
- JOSEPH MORGAN AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTOR
- MICHAEL TREVINO AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTOR
- KAT GRAHAM AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTRESS
- ZACH ROERIG AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTOR
- STEVEN R. McQUEEN AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTOR
- MATT DAVIS AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTOR
And we’d be remiss if we didn’t suggest that a certain coffin-ed Original deserves some People’s Choice representation, right?
Let’s do this.
Not to make everyone sad, but we have another Klaus-free episode coming up this week. To tide you over, TV Fanatic talked to Joseph Morgan about his character’s motivations.
“Deep down he just wants to be loved. Friendship and family have been lacking for him the last 1,000 years. . . . It was really important to Klaus that Stefan come around on his own, through his own free will. He really wanted to believe they could be friends like they were in the 1920s.”
The interview also illuminates some of Joseph Morgan’s inspiration for the way he plays Klaus, and gives a few hints about under what circumstances Klaus will be returning to the show.
Hey, Los Angeles folks! Nina Dobrev and Joseph Morgan will be on KTLA Morning News Wednesday, October 26 (tomorrow) at 6:45am PT. Thanks to @cadlymack for the tip! Don’t live in Los Angeles? Don’t worry: You can catch the interview on the KTLA Morning News live stream as it airs. Just head over to KTLA.com in the morning and click the Morning News banner.
The Hollywood Reporter caught up with Paul Wesley on last weekend’s Scream Awards black carpet to ask why he thinks The Vampire Diaries failed to be nominated for any Scream awards this year. And guess what? HE DOESN’T KNOW WHY THEY WEREN’T NOMINATED EITHER. (Sorry, we’re a little bitter. What/who do we have to sacrifice around here?)
Thanks to @lara1070 for the heads up: Creation Entertainment has added Zach Roerig as a guest for their Vampire Diaries convention on April 14-15, 2012 in Chicago, IL.
Zach will be appearing Sunday, April 15, alongside Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder. Michael Trevino, Joseph Morgan, and Daniel Gillies will be appearing on Saturday, April 14. VISIT THE CREATION CHICAGO SITE FOR MORE INFORMATION.