In honor of an all-new episode of The Originals, Entertainment Weekly is hosting a Google+ Hangout with Claire Holt today, February 25th, at 6pm ET/3pm PT.
To take part in the fun, RSVP on our event page and then pull up a seat at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT on Tuesday to enjoy the fun. Holt will be on hand to answer questions and tease all the action coming up with Rebekah and Co. Twitter-using fans can also use the hashtag #EWTalksOriginals to submit burning questions.
Awesome news, PaleyFest attendees: Claire Holt has been added to The Originals guest line-up for the festival, which means the Mikaelson clan will be fully represented. The Vampire Diaries/The Originals panel takes place Saturday, March 22nd at 7pm at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.
Check out the full list of confirmed guests for both The Vampire Diaries and The Originals panels, and if you haven’t picked up tickets yet for the big event, it’s not too late!
PaleyFest has released their guest line-up for the Vampire Diaries and The Originals panels on Saturday, March 22nd in Los Angeles.
Need tickets? They’re still available! And see you there!
Confirmed guests are:
The Vampire Diaries (moderated by Kristin Dos Santos from E!News & E!Online)
- Nina Dobrev
- Paul Wesley
- Ian Somerhalder
- Caroline Dries
- Julie Plec
The Originals (moderated by Jarett Wieselman from BuzzFeed)
- Joseph Morgan
- Claire Holt
- Phoebe Tonkin
- Daniel Gillies
- Charles Michael Davis
- Leah Pipes
- Danielle Campbell
- Julie Plec
- Michael Narducci
Entertainment Weekly has two exclusive stills from the February 25th episode of The Originals, Long Way Back from Hell (EP114). The stills feature Rebekah and Genevieve in a flashback and they’re dressed as nurses.
When The Originals returns on February 25, we’ll get a glimpse into Genevieve’s (Elyse Levesque) history with Rebekah when our favorite Original sister finds herself locked in the same sanatorium where she and Genevieve once worked in 1919. As Rebekah realizes that Genevieve is out for revenge and could reveal a secret that would destroy her, Rebekah immediately flashes back to a the early days of their relationship.
Tomorrow’s the big day: the 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511). Let’s kick off with a “Thank You TVD Fans!” video from the cast, shall we?
No, guys – thank you.
TV Line has this epic look back at favorite moments from the first 99 episodes of The Vampire Diaries, featuring the show’s cast, guest stars, and producers. Beware: You will shed a tear or two while flipping through this gallery. Here’s what Kat Graham has to say about hitting 100 eps:
“I didn’t think I was going to make it past the pilot. I thought I would have been recast or something. I had shot five pilots before The Vampire Diaries and not one of them got picked up. So a 100th episode is, like, not real to me. It’s a beautiful, humbling experience, but I still can’t believe I’ve been on it this long. It’s great.”
So what can we expect from the epic 100th episode, anyway? Executive producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries gives some hints to Zap2It:
In addition to Katherine’s mortality drama, Dries emphasizes that the episode is for the fans in a lot of ways. “We for sure wanted it to be nostalgic. We wanted to make it for the fans who have been with the show from the beginning,” Dries tells us. “So they’ll get the references, specific scenes, and lines that we put in there as a love letter to the fans. It’s to show them how much we appreciate them. But it will be shocking and fun, also.”
Zap2It also has a heart-tugging thank you to fans courtesy of Matt Davis, whose Alaric Saltzman is still sorely missed:
When Zap2it caught up with Davis down in Atlanta during “The Vampire Diaries” 100th episode wrap party, he had a message for those dedicated fans. “I’d like to say to the fans, thank you. I love you. Alaric loves all of them,” Davis says with a smile. “It’s been this really wonderful experience for me as an actor to connect with the fans who have been so responsive to a character that I’ve been playing. Whenever Alaric comes back, whether he does or doesn’t in the future, it’s always fun for me because I know it’s a chance for me to reconnect with the fans who have been so generous and gracious.”
E!Online caught up with Ian Somerhalder to discuss his favorite TVD scene and the site reflects on Damon’s repertoire of killer one-liners (interview video at the link!):
So it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that Somerhalder’s favorite scene comes from The Vampire Diaries’ earlier run of episodes. “My favorite scene was Damon turning Vicki into a vampire and they’re dancing all around. It’s also never bad having Kayla Ewell in her underwear,” he spills.
And Nina Dobrev also sits down with E!Online to talk about the Stefan-Elena-Damon love triangle and to tease tomorrow night’s episode:
Thursday marks the 100th episode of the five-year-old, fan favorite series, and Dobrev teases that it’s “an episode that will not be forgotten.” “It makes a big splash,” she teases, “and it has a huge impact on the show and all the characters. And [for] me, because I’m weird and strange and I like all the quirky, strange, awkward things, I loved filming it because I got to do some really weird, strange things myself and experience things and it was really fun to shoot.”
- I know Ian says in the caption that he’s having a glass of wine, but it looks a lot like blood to me. [Instagram]
- Ian Somerhalder attended the Critics’ Choice Awards last night. [The CW]
- Claire Holt is in the Just Jared Spotlight of the Week. [JustJared]
- Nina Dobrev is included in E!’s look at where Degrassi alums are now. [E! Online]
- Nina looked great on the red carpet of the The Art Of Elysium’s Heaven Gala. [Daily Mail]
- Nina and Paul Wesley both attended the InStyle and Warner Bros. Post Golden Globes Party. [JustJared]
- Ian Somerhalder attended the TCA panel for Years of Living Dangerously, the Showtime documentary he’s a part of. [Zap2It]
- Sara Canning’s movie, I Put a Hit On You, will debut at the Slamdance Festival on January 18th. The “dark romantic comedy” also stars Aaron Ashmore. [THR]
Miss a post this week?
- Official Stills for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- Vampire Diaries In Review: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510) – Devil Inside
- The Originals In Review: The Casket Girls (EP110) – That’s Enough of You
- Nathan Parsons Cast as Werewolf on The Originals
- Webclip for The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111) (VIDEO)
- Julie Plec & Michael Narducci Preview The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (VIDEO)
- L.J. Smith to continue her version of The Vampire Diaries through Kindle Worlds
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: Apres Moi, Le Déluge (EP111)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Short Promo for The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111) (VIDEO)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – The Casket Girls (EP110)
- Charles Michael Davis Teases Marcel & Davina, Rebekah, & More at E!Online
- Full Set of New The Originals Cast Promo Pics
- Julie Plec & Cast on the Women of The Originals Fighting Back + TV Guide Showrunner Survey
- TONIGHT – The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110) Airs at 8/7c
- Zap2it Talks Marcel with Charles M. Davis + Leah Pipes Interview (VIDEO) via Alloy Entertainment
- Official Stills for The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111)
- Official Stills for The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- Previously on The Originals: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109)
The Originals Facebook page (click that link and hit LIKE if you aren’t already following!) has been posting one of these photos a day for the past week, and now there’s finally a full set to enjoy. Check out Sophie (Daniella Pineda), Cami (Leah Pipes), Davina (Danielle Campbell), Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin), Rebekah (Claire Holt), Elijah (Daniel Gillies), Marcel (Charles Michael Davis), and Klaus (Joseph Morgan) below and in our Gallery.
In advance of tonight’s midseason premiere of The Originals, The Casket Girls (EP110), Julie Plec talks about the real history behind the episode as well as the way this is the episode when the female characters start fighting back.
“Back in the late 1700s, all the men working in New Orleans — basically building the city — were the scourge of the Earth who’d been shipped over from the prisons of Europe,” she explains. Hard up for female companions, the men lured single women from Ireland and France with the promise of marriage. “These girls packed up all of their belongings in boxes that looked like caskets and set sail across the sea.” However, once their ship hit our shores, the girls mysteriously disappeared. Legend has it that the Vatican swept in and sealed off the women — and their caskets — in the attic of New Orleans’ allegedly haunted Old Ursuline’s Convent, where the girls lived as captive vampires. “So we took that basic story and shaped it into a story of female oppression and empowerment.”
Ooh, creepy! Claire Holt, Daniel Gillies, and Phoebe Tonkin also weigh in on the episode.
And make sure you also check out Julie Plec’s answers to TV Guide‘s Showrunner Survey!
TV Guide Magazine: Give us an equation for The Originals.
Plec: The Vampire Diaries plus Carrie plus The Sopranos minus New Jersey plus The Addams Family minus Lurch, divided by all Merchant Ivory movies.
The CW has released a webclip for the midseason return of The Originals, The Casket Girls (EP110), which will air on Tuesday, January 14th at 8/7c.
We’re all slogging (or shivering, or burning, depending on where you live) our way through the winter hiatus, but E!Online is lending us a helping hand today. These new promo pics from The Originals are pretty terrific, and we’re not just saying that because of the waistcoat. Honest.
Hurry up, January 14th!