Here’s Malese with the latest rehash!
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks.
- The CW and Xbox 360 have a new SmartGlass app that lets you delve more deeply into The Vampire Diaries and The Originals. Watch the video above for details! [CW Network]
- Claire Holt’s Throwback Thursday photo features an adorable photobomb from Nina Dobrev, along with some Original family members. [Claire Holt at WhoSay]
- Joseph Morgan’s film, Warhouse, has a deal for distribution in the U.S. [Variety]
- Showtime acquired the rights to Daniel Gillies’ film, Broken Kingdom, as well as the documentary about the making of the film, Kingdom Come. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Vote for Mystic Falls in Teen.com’s “Fictional Place You’d Like to Call Home” poll! [Teen.com]
- The trailer for Ian Somerhalder’s web series, Time Framed, is available on the official website for the series. [Time Framed]
After last night’s backdoor pilot, the CW has picked up spinoff The Originals to series for fall 2013. Here’s a quote from CW president Mark Pedowitz, via HitFix:
“As soon as we saw last night’s episode of ‘The Vampire Diaries,’ we knew we wanted more of ‘The Originals’ — Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson have done a fantastic job with ‘The Vampire Diaries,’ which is as fast-paced and well-written as ever, and Julie has created an equally compelling world for ‘The Originals,’”
The network also renewed Hart of Dixie and Beauty and the Beast today. The Vampire Diaries has already been renewed for a fifth season.
Back to New Orleans! US fans can now download Pictures of You (EP419) from Amazon or iTunes. US fans can also watch the episode for free right now at the CW site.
Download The Originals:
Canadian fans can watch the episode over at the CTV website.
In case you missed ‘em:
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals (EP420)
- Short Promo for She’s Come Undone (EP421)
- Extended Promo for She’s Come Undone (EP421)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals (EP420)
And here’s the extended look! She’s Come Undone (EP421) airs Thursday, May 2.
Here’s your first promo for next week’s new episode, She’s Come Undone (EP421).
THIS POST IS A STICKY. KEEP SCROLLING FOR NEW POSTS.
It’s a very special episode tonight, Vampire Diaries fans. We’re following the Mikaelsons to New Orleans in what will hopefully be the beginning of a spinoff show about our favourite vampire family. The question is, is New Orleans ready for the combined awesome of the Originals?
Fingers crossed that it gets picked up as a full series for the Fall!
Once you’ve seen the episode and shaken yourself back to reality, swing by here to rate the new episode of The Vampire Diaries. All discussion about the episode is welcomed and encouraged in the comments of this post.
Remember, some parts of Canada watch the show an hour earlier, so beware of spoilers and avoid the comments if you haven’t seen the episode yet.
Quick guide to the poll: Move over, Lestat, the Mikaelsons are coming to town. And they have much better hair. 5 Lestats = LOVE, 1 Lestat = MEH.
Ready for a trip to New Orleans? Backdoor pilot The Originals (EP420) airs on the CW tonight at 8/7c. To clarify a few things going in: A “backdoor pilot” is an episode of a show (in this case, an episode of The Vampire Diaries) that does double duty as a pilot for a potential spinoff (in this case, The Originals). We do not have any official word on whether the CW will pick up The Originals as its own series; those announcements usually come in May. If it goes to series, it would almost definitely premiere in the fall (though the CW usually keeps a few new shows for mid-season, like Cult and The Carrie Diaries this year). The Vampire Diaries will return for season five regardless of whether The Originals is picked up.
Prepare Yourself for The Originals:
- Read the synopsis
- See the episode stills
- Watch the extended promo
- Watch the webclip
- Watch another webclip
- Watch a third webclip
- Watch a behind-the-scenes video
Miss a post this week?
- Official Synopsis for Graduation (EP423 – Season Finale)
- Behind the Scenes of The Originals (VIDEO)
- Vampire Diaries In Review: Pictures of You (EP419) – Make Some Memories
- Short Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries Season 4 Finale, Graduation (EP423)
- The Originals Interview Roundup (Part I)
- Previously On The Vampire Diaries: Pictures Of You (EP419)
- New Webclip for The Originals (EP420)
- TVD Rehash with Malese Jow: Pictures of You (EP419)
- Another Webclip for The Originals (EP420)
- Exclusive Webclip for The Originals (EP420) via E!Online
- Friday Night Bites: Fashion Week, The Following & More
- Episode Downloads for Pictures of You (EP419)
- Complete Songlist for Pictures Of You (EP419)
- New Stills From She’s Come Undone (EP421)
- Reaction Post & Poll: Vampire Diaries – Pictures of You (EP419)
- New Promo for The Originals (EP420) (VIDEO)
Get excited, everyone: The Originals (EP420) airs tomorrow night, and the CW has a behind-the-scenes peek at the backdoor pilot, featuring interviews with Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Charles Michael Davis, and Phoebe Tonkin.
The CW has released their May sweeps highlights and in case you didn’t see this one coming, the Vampire Diaries Season 4 finale is titled: Graduation. The episode airs Thursday, May 16th. Check out a short synopsis below (highlight for spoilers):
On Graduation Day, Mystic Falls is overrun with ghosts intent on settling old scores. Damon’s (Ian Somerhalder) life is in danger after a ghostly encounter, while Matt (Zach Roerig) and Rebekah (Claire Holt) join forces to battle a ghost determined to find the cure. Finally, Stefan (Paul Wesley) discovers a horrifying clue to the mystery surrounding Silas.