The CW just posted this little interview with Daniel Gillies. The actor talks about Elijah’s role on The Originals and the strengths he brings to the power struggle brewing in New Orleans.
It’s all really happening: the CW has released the very first episode synopsis for The Originals series premiere, called Always and Forever (EP101). The Originals premieres on Thursday, October 3 at 9/8c, right after the TVD Season 5 premiere. Highlight for spoilers:
KLAUS MIKAELSON, THE ORIGINAL VAMPIRE/WEREWOLF HYBRID, RETURNS TO NEW ORLEANS IN THIS SPIN-OFF OF “THE VAMPIRE DIARIES” — Klaus Mikaelson (Joseph Morgan), the original vampire-werewolf hybrid, has returned to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans – the city his family helped build 300 years ago. Determined to help his brother, Elijah (Daniel Gillies) leaves their sister Rebekah (Claire Holt) behind and follows Klaus. Elijah learns that the beautiful and rebellious werewolf Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) – Klaus’ onetime flame – has fallen into the hands of a powerful witch named Sophie Deveraux (Daniella Pineda). When Sophie reveals some life-changing news, Elijah realizes that the Original family may have been given a second chance at humanity and redemption. Klaus, however, is more intrigued by his recent unexpected reunion with his former protégé, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis), a charismatic but diabolical vampire who now has total control over the supernatural inhabitants of New Orleans. Klaus vows to reclaim what was once his – the power, the city and his family. The series also stars Leah Pipes as Cami and Danielle Campbell as Davina.
The episode was directed by Chris Grismer and written by Julie Plec and Michael Narducci.
Special Note: Thanks to Carina MacKenzie for clarifying the production number being #102 in the network listing even though it’s the premiere. Explanation at the link. For general purposes, we’ll be referring to this episode as 101, as we follow air dates and not production.
And here it is: the synopsis for the fifth season premiere of The Vampire Diaries, I Know What You Did Last Summer (EP501). The episode airs Thursday, October 3 at 8/7c. Highlight for spoilers:
COLLEGE DAYS - After spending the summer enjoying her passionate relationship with Damon (Ian Somerhalder), and making sure that Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) is adjusting after his return from the dead, Elena (Nina Dobrev) is thrilled to move into the dorm at nearby Whitmore College with her new roommate, Caroline (Candice Accola). Still believing that Bonnie (Kat Graham) has been traveling all summer and will soon join them, Elena and Caroline are surprised when a student named Megan (guest star Hayley Kiyoko) shows up and announces that she will be sharing their dorm room. Katherine (Nina Dobrev) makes an unexpected appearance at the Salvatore house and pleads with Damon to help her now that she is human and vulnerable to her enemies. Matt (Zach Roerig) and Rebekah (Claire Holt) return to Mystic Falls after spending a wild summer in Europe, where they met a mysterious beauty named Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda). Elena can’t shake the feeling that something is wrong with Stefan (Paul Wesley), and Silas (Paul Wesley) makes a terrifying appearance at the “End of Summer” party in the town square.
The episode was directed by Lance Anderson and written by Caroline Dries.
And check out official stills in our Gallery:
Three weeks to go! Season five of The Vampire Diaries premieres on October 3rd with I Know What You Did Last Summer (EP501). Tonight, an encore presentation of She’s Come Undone (EP421) airs on the CW at 8/7c.
Episode refresher course:
Miss a post this week?
- New TVD Season 5 Promo: Game Changer (VIDEO)
- TV Guide Exclusive: New TVD Season 5 Promo Poster
- Exclusive Promo for The Originals at TVLine
- The Originals picked up in the UK by Syfy
- TV Fanatic Interviews with Steven R. McQueen & Charles Michael Davis (VIDEO)
- Paul Wesley Plays It Safe (VIDEO)
- Claire Holt Discusses Rebekah’s Relationship with Her Brothers (VIDEO)
- The Originals: New Photos via Zap2it
- Friday Night Bites, Aug 31 – Sept 6: Africa, Aja, and Kat Graham Tours
- E!Online Exclusive First Look: Six Photos from The Originals’ Oct 3rd Premiere
- Caroline Dries Teases Season 5′s Changes at Give Me My Remote
- DVD Extra: What’s a Vampire Cure Look Like? at IGN (VIDEO)
- TV Fanatic Set Visit Interviews with Ian Somerhalder & Paul Wesley (VIDEO)
- Joseph Morgan & Charles Michael Davis Talk Klaus & Marcel at TV Guide (VIDEO)
- Phoebe Tonkin Talks Hayley, Werewolves, Family & Klaus (VIDEO)
The new promo just keeps rolling in from the CW Network! Check out another new video promo for Season 5. The Vampire Diaries returns in three weeks on Thursday, October 3 at 8/7c.
Another “favorite moment” video from The CW. This time, it’s Paul Wesley‘s turn, and his choice comes from the season 4 finale. Enjoy!
In the latest video interview from the CW, Claire Holt talks about Rebekah’s relationships with Klaus and Elijah and how they inform the decisions that she makes going into The Originals.
More The Originals cast interviews! This time Phoebe Tonkin talks the various complications and intrigues her character Hayley will be facing as we enter first season of The Originals. Don’t forget to catch the premiere on Thursday, October 3 at 9/8c, right after the Season 5 premiere of The Vampire Diaries.
Just a month left! Season five of The Vampire Diaries premieres on October 3rd with I Know What You Did Last Summer (EP501). Tonight, an encore presentation of Pictures of You (EP419) airs on the CW at 8/7c.
Episode refresher course:
Miss a post this week?
- Kat Graham Discusses Her Most Memorable TVD Season 4 Moment (VIDEO)
- Not Crazy, Just Passionate: Best of The Vampire Diaries Season 4
- TVD Season 4 Now Available On DVD & Blu-Ray
- Season 4 DVD Bonus Feature: How Jeremy’s Hunter’s Mark Was Made (VIDEO)
- Friday Night Bites, Aug 24 – 30: Clean Energy & a Hospice Documentary
- New Marcel Promo for The Originals (VIDEO)
- New Vampire Diaries Season 5 promo (VIDEO)
- Exclusive Stills for I Know What You Did Last Summer (EP501) at ETOnline
Kat Graham discusses her most memorable moment of Vampire Diaries Season 4 and why Pictures of You (EP419) was such an important episode for Bonnie.