The CW congratulates The Vampires Diaries for its seven Teen Choice Awards with a fun little promo. You’ll notice there are brief snippets of scenes from the upcoming season throughout the beginning.
UPDATE: Thanks to cwgossip for the video!
Tonight at 8/7c on the CW: Miss Mystic Falls (EP19), where everything goes all topsy-turvy insane and everyone looks fabulous while it happens. Yes, we could talk about That Scene between Elena and Damon, but instead we’d like to amuse ourselves with a list of hypothetical things Stefan may be more likely to do when hopped up on human blood (again, hypothetical):
Listen to Bon Jovi.
- Snap the necks of people who spell his name as Stephan.
- Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance! (Note: Has been known to happen while drunk, though.)
- Watch episodes of Angel for tips on making better use of his badguy forehead. For Angelus is the YODA of badguy forehead use.
Admit to liking that one Miley song.
- Make himself a ‘Pam’. Every badass vampire needs a ‘Pam’ in his un…life.
- Become a rock star.
(And never tell anyone about that Miley thing.)
- Break into a pet store and free all the adorable little furry creatures.
- Troll Delena threads on Vampire Diaries discussion boards. Make special signature banner with Damon’s face and “I SUCK LULZ.”
(Thanks to @speedmouse, @leemacodrum, and @DSylvan for the input.)
Catch up on this past week’s posts!
- TV Guide Magazine sneak peeks Season 2 of The Vampire Diaries
- Paul talks to Zap2It on the Teen Choice Awards blue carpet + E! catch up with Paul, Nina & Ian after the ceremony
- Video of Nina, Paul & Ian accepting Teen Choice Awards for Vampire Diaries
- Full T4 interview with Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley & Ian Somerhalder
- KTLA talk to Nina, Ian & Katerina on the Teen Choice Awards blue carpet
- Vampire Diaries wins big at 2010 Teen Choice Awards + photos
- Nina Dobrev & Ian Somerhalder on the Teen Choice Awards red (blue) carpet (video)
- Paul Wesley discusses his tattoo on the UK’s T4 Show (video)
- More international Vampire Diaries book covers
- Ian Somehalder announced as the latest guest at Insurgence: Bloodlines
- Something special: Vampire-Diaries.net interview with music supervisor Christopher Mollere
SWAN DIVE! Into an encore airing of Under Control (EP18) at 8/7c on the CW. Let’s get dressed up and revisit what happens when a Founder’s Party goes horribly awry. Let us also reminisce about how much we like drunk-and-dancing Stefan, a snarky and dolled-up Sheriff Forbes, and when Damon is thrown off-kilter by pesky Founding relatives named John Gilbert (or we can just call him “Jackass”). Ponder how Kelly Donovan seems to find herself in some very unfortunate situations, worry about the condition of Matt’s face when Tyler is through with him, and cheer Jeremy on as he starts asking questions about Vicki. As for Elena… Well, cringe as she remains momentarily oblivious to the fact her relationship with Stefan is about to take a HUGE, skidding turn into “Crazy Train” territory.
Congrats to @DSylvan for this week’s caption – which especially amuses us when we imagine drunk!Stefan dancing “off-screen.” She wins an autographed copy of Plumb’s Chaotic Resolve (featuring “Cut”), as well as an autographed photo of the band. Thanks to everyone who entered our little Twitter contest – it was a tough one to call this week! (One thing we know for sure? Alaric is VERY concerned about the state of his abs – for Jenna’s sake, you understand.)
Catch up on this past week’s posts!
- Zap2It video interview with Michael Trevino + interesting spoiler via TV Guide
- Help the Gulf: Vote for Vampire Support in the Pepsi Refresh Project
- Katerina Graham (and kick-ass shoes!) featured in 944 Magazine
- Kevin Williamson says more screentime for our favourite supporting characters in season 2
- Courtney Ford to play Vanessa on the Vampire Diaries
- Vampire Diaries season one DVD extra: Vampires 101
- Kevin Williamson and Steven R. McQueen talk about Jeremy to Hollywood Crush
- Monday voting reminder: New Tubey Awards polls & Teen Choice Awards
- K!dult interviews Matt Davis, Nina & Ian on Portait cover + more
- UK’s Hot Desk video interview with Paul, Nina & Ian
- Vampire Diaries season one refresher trailer
- Bite On This interview with Chris Mollere + Vampire Diaries soundtrack due October 12th
- Michael Trevino attending UK convention Insurgence: Bloodlines
- Video interviews from Futon Critic & MTV + diversity on Vampire Diaries
- Vampire Diaries goes viral: Official Mystic Falls, Virginia website
- TV Guide interview with Julie Plec + MTV video with Michael, Paul & Matt
Thanks to the eagle-eyed Denise who spotted this gem in TV Guide’s Comic Con special issue – the town of Mystic Falls now has its own website! If you’re a fan of viral websites, the double entendre-laden copy on this one is a lot of fun. Though we must say we are downright alarmed at the Mystic Falls Visitors Bureau’s complete disregard for providing body count statistics, clear warnings to campers and drivers, and neglecting to mention its “many forest creatures” have been dropping in number lately.
On behalf of the Founders Council, we’d like to invite you into our home of Mystic Falls, where a passion for hospitality is in our blood. Quench your thirst for adventure in Mystic Falls!
We haven’t discovered any Easter eggs yet, but we’ll keep looking. If you spot something, let us know!
UPDATE: Here’s a scan of the original full-page ad in TV Guide Magazine (it’s on page 57, amongst the Chuck stuff). Click to see larger version in the Gallery.
We only have three things to say about tonight’s encore of Let the Right One In (EP17) airing at 8/7c on the CW:
- It is our favorite episode thus far. Yes, even after the awesome of Founder’s Day.
- A truly unsettling final sequence of scenes.
- Team Blood & Beer.
Congrats to @KelseyRemi for coming up with this week’s caption! She gets a Mads Langer CD. Thanks to our Twitter followers to playing along and making us laugh. We love you guys.
Catch up on this past week’s posts, featuring a crapton of Comic Con stuff!:
- Comic Con 2010: Michael Trevino talks to CW Source + TV Guide photobooth pictures of Nina, Paul & Ian
- Comic Con 2010: More video interviews from BuzzSugar & DigitalSpy
- Comic Con 2010: Hollywood Crush talk to Ian, Nina & Julie + Entertainment Weekly’s Vampire Diaries cast portrait
- Comic Con 2010: EW’s Ausiello talks to the cast + CW Source chat with Matt Davis
- Comic Con 2010: Warner Bros. chats with Vampire Diaries cast & producers
- Comic Con 2010: E! video interviews with Ian, Nina, Paul, Steven, Matt & Kev
- New Tubeys polls: Vote for Damon, Anna & Matt
- Comic Con 2010: Keck’s Exclusives interview with Julie Plec & Kevin Williamson
- Comic Con 2010: TV.com video interviews with Vampire Diaries cast
- Comic Con 2010: Various images from the red carpet, Vampire Diaries panel, WB booth & the EW/SyFy party
- Comic Con 2010: Vampire Diaries in TV Guide Magazine
- Comic Con 2010: Paul Wesley & Steven R. McQueen at TV.com NOW Awards, July 23
- Comic Con 2010: Vampire Diaries WB booth signing & panel, July 24
- Comic Con 2010: Kevin Williamson at TV Guide’s 2010 Hot List panel, July 23
- Comic Con 2010: Steven R. McQueen at Piranha 3D event, July 22
- Vampire Diaries cast, CNN’s iReport & a Comic Con assignment
- CW Sourcies wrap-up: Vampire Diaries wins 8 out of 10 categories
Warner Bros. has a snazzy video up from Comic Con, featuring footage with Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, and Ian Somerhalder from the WB’s Vampire Diaries booth signing, and a sit down interview with Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec.
UPDATE: Added the CW’s YouTube video so fans outside of the U.S. can view it.
Little late posting this – it’s all that Comic Con excitement! Tonight at 8/7c on the CW, Stefan and Elena attempt to be a normal couple. And other than Caroline’s crushing insecurities, Matt’s slips of the tongue, Damon flirting and/or making out with everyone’s maternal units and getting his eyeballs squished, and that whole ambush at the Salvatore boarding house, they manage to somewhat succeed! Of course we know that we were being lured into a false sense of relationship security as we headed into the following three episodes, but still – YAY them. Enjoy your weekly dose of summer encore with There Goes the Neighborhood.
Some news tidbits:
Comic Con 2010 kicked off in San Diego last night which means there is going to be a huge influx of Vampire Diaries chatter as we head into the weekend. You can find all of this year’s TVD at SDCC information by clicking the Comic Con International tag or checking the widget near the top of our homepage sidebar. And don’t forget to follow @tvdnews on Twitter because site bestie Jen of Nina Dobrev Fan will be tweeting all Vampire Diaries happenings straight from the Con via our account. And thanks to the fans who are there for keeping us in the loop! Everyone’s already having a blast snagging TVD goodies like the much-coveted WB Comic Con bag (wanna know how big they are? check it out), the TV Guide Comic Con special issue, and even little TVD tins filled with red hot cinnamon candies (thanks for the pic, kxyfan).
Vampire Diaries won quite a few categories in E!’s Watch with Kristin Tater Tops Awards. The show snagged Best Shocker (for end of Founder’s Day), Best Baddie (Damon Salvatore), Best Bitch (Katherine Pierce), Best New Show, and Breakout Stars Male (Ian Somerhalder) AND Female (Nina Dobrev).
Entertainment Weekly’s Ask Ausiello posted a tidbit of info on an upcoming new Season 2 character. It is very spoilery, so we’re not going to put it in the blog. (For spoilery discussion, the Spoiler Zone in the V-D.net forum is what you want.) Head over to EW.com for details.
Catch up on this past week’s posts:
- Your weekly reminder for Vampire Diaries voting: Tubeys, CW Sourcies & Teen Choice Awards
- TheTelevixen.com’s Vampire Diaries Season 1 finale podcast
- Steven R. McQueen confirmed for Vampire Diaries Comic Con panel
- L.J. Smith working on new Vampire Diaries book trilogy
- Zap2It on-set video interviews with Ian Somerhalder & Katerina Graham
- CW Sourcies: Final category! Vampire Diaries up for Best Cliffhanger
- Vampire Diaries signing at the WB Comic Con Booth, Sat. the 24th, 2:30-3:15pm
- Paul Wesley confirmed for Atlanta’s Dragon*Con, Sept. 3-6
Zap2It‘s lovely Carina MacKenzie just dropped a little nugget that should have a lot of you Comic Con goers very, very excited:
FYI, as of right now, Steven R. McQueen IS on the Vampire Diaries panel at Comic Con. Get exciteddd, all my faves in one place!
No word yet on whether Steven will also be hanging at the WB’s Vampire Diaries booth signing earlier that afternoon. Hopefully we’ll have more good news for you!
And in case you’re not following her on Twitter – @cadlymack – Carina’s been tweeting little snippets as she works on editing her cast interview videos from last week’s visit to the Vampire Diaries set: Here’s a still from Paul Wesley’s video, a funny Paul quote, and how she thinks her Michael Trevino interview will be the first one up.
For those of you (lucky, lucky devils) attending Comic Con, Warner Bros. have added signing sessions to their schedule. Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Michael Trevino, Matt Davis, Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec will be at the WB booth at 2:30 – 3:15pm on Saturday, July 24. We think it bears mentioning that the Vampire Diaries panel in Ballroom 20 starts at 4:15pm, which doesn’t give you much wiggle room after the signing ends for getting to the panel. Keep that in mind as you plan your day, and be ready to use your ninja skills if needs be. ;)
(Love you, Matt Davis
Almost wrote that as haiku
Wait, we just did, huh?)
Grab and strategically place your pillows, Vampire Diaries fans – Mystic Falls is auctioning off its eligible bachelors (again!) tonight at 8/7c on the CW. This is a rough one for Alaric Saltzman, but then it’s a rough one for Elena, too. Actually, come to think of it, this episode is rough on everyone; there’s rejection, manipulation, exploitation, and perforation to spare. Oh, and a plumber. Can’t forget the plumber. So tune in for A Few Good Men and have your anticipation for the Sept. 9th Season 2 premiere, The Return, resurrected…again.
Catch up on this past week’s posts:
- Disc & back cover art for Vampire Diaries DVD/Blu-Ray revealed
- Do Something: Bid on lunch with Sara Canning & Zach Roerig!
- Exclusive: Sneak peek at the official WBtv Vampire Diaries 2010 Comic Con bag
- Vampire Diaries production resumes in Atlanta (Season 2 premiere in 58 days!)
- CW Sourcies: Damon up for Favorite Bad Boy + vote for Vampire Diaries in TV Show Music Awards
- Title for the first episode of Vampire Diaries Season 2 revealed
- Vampire Diaries on cover of TV Guide Magazine’s Comic Con special issue
- Get your vote on: Vampire Diaries in Tubeys finals + Teen Choice Awards voting still open!
- Your guide to Vampire Diaries at Comic Con International 2010, July 22-25
- Katerina hints that Bonnie will keep promises + “Ultimate Kat Graham Fan Interview”
- Vampire Diaries casts Mason Lockwood, announcement not at all traumatic
- O, Damn: New Damon promo (video)
- CW Sourcies: Anna up for Best Recurring Character, Vampire Diaries wins Most Surprising Moment