- Paul Wesley shared this photo of himself in his “director chair” from the set of TVD. [Instagram]
- Kat Graham talked with Just Jared about her favorite Oscar fashions. [Just Jared]
- Ian Somerhalder threw TVD-themed beads at Mardi Gras with the Krewe of Endymion. [CW Seed]
- CelebTV on the CW recapped some of Phoebe Tonkin’s style tips. [CelebTV]
- Phoebe is also featured on the cover of the February issue of Maniac Magazine. The issue also features an interview with the Aussie actress. [Maniac Magazine]
- Ian Somerhalder will be at SXSW on March 8th, on a panel about non-profits with RYOT, (RED) & Omaze representatives. [RYOT.org]
- Daniel Gillies talked to Bello Magazine about how fatherhood changed his perspective on life. [Just Jared]
- TVD writer Elisabeth Finch wrote for Elle on her struggle with cancer. [Elle]
Miss a post this week?
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: While You Were Sleeping (EP516)
- Episode Downloads for The Vampire Diaries: Gone Girl (EP515)
- TV Guide’s The Vampire Diaries: Gone Girl (EP515) Post-Mortem Interview with Caroline Dries
- Complete Songlist for The Vampire Diaries: Gone Girl (EP515)
- Short Promo for The Vampire Diaries: While You Were Sleeping (EP516)
- Webclip for The Originals: Farewell to Storyville (EP116)
- The Originals In Review: Le Grand Guignol (EP115) – Rip My Heart Out
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Vampire Diaries – Gone Girl (EP515)
- Official Stills for The Vampire Diaries: Rescue Me (EP517)
- TONIGHT – The Vampire Diaries: Gone Girl (EP515) Airs at 8/7c
- Official Stills for The Originals: Farewell to Storyville (EP116)
- Previously on The Vampire Diaries: No Exit (EP514)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: Rescue Me (EP517)
- Michael Narducci & Julie Plec Talk The Originals: Le Grand Guignol (EP115)
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: Le Grand Guignol (EP115)
- Vampire Diaries In Review: No Exit (EP514) – Be Cool
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: Le Grand Guignol (EP115)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: Farewell to Storyville (EP116)
- Second Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: Gone Girl (EP515)
- Short Promo for The Originals: Farewell to Storyville (EP116)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – Le Grand Guignol (EP115)
- Zap2It: Charles Michael Davis Talks Mikaelsons & Family Issues
- Official Stills for The Vampire Diaries: While You Were Sleeping (EP516)
- The Vampire Diaries: New Webclip from Gone Girl (EP515) Exclusively from E!Online
- Previously On The Originals: Long Way Back from Hell (EP114)
- TONIGHT – The Originals: Le Grand Guignol (EP115) Airs at 8/7c
- Webclip for The Originals: Le Grand Guignol (EP115)
Ready for your first look at Elijah vs. Klaus from next week’s Farewell to Storyville (EP116)? Check out this webclip from the CW. (International viewers, we’ll add the YouTube version when they post it!)
Update: Here’s the YouTube version:
PaleyFest has released their guest line-up for the Vampire Diaries and The Originals panels on Saturday, March 22nd in Los Angeles.
Need tickets? They’re still available! And see you there!
Confirmed guests are:
The Vampire Diaries (moderated by Kristin Dos Santos from E!News & E!Online)
- Nina Dobrev
- Paul Wesley
- Ian Somerhalder
- Caroline Dries
- Julie Plec
The Originals (moderated by Jarett Wieselman from BuzzFeed)
- Joseph Morgan
- Claire Holt
- Phoebe Tonkin
- Daniel Gillies
- Charles Michael Davis
- Leah Pipes
- Danielle Campbell
- Julie Plec
- Michael Narducci
- Paul Wesley loves Daniel Gillies as much as we do. [Twitter]
- Ian Somerhalder will be the co-grand marshal of the largest Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans. Entertainment Weekly has a look at the TVD beads he’ll be handing out. [EW]
- Nina Dobrev looked sporty and adorable at the DirectTV Celebrity Beach Bowl last weekend. [E! Online]
- The TVD love triangle is included in E! Online’s TV Love Triangle Poll for Valentine’s Day. Winner gets bragging rights? [E! Online]
- Steven R. McQueen is modeling in Abercrombie & Fitch’s Spring Campaign. [E! Online]
- Valentine’s Day ISF t-shirts are up for sale over at The Vanity Project. [thevanityproject.org]
- Lauren Cohan will voice a character on the FX series, Archer. [TV Fanatic]
- Joseph Morgan talked to Fear Net about his horror film, Armistice. [Fearnet.com]
- Leah Pipes talked to US Weekly about her recent engagement. Congrats to Leah & AJ! [US Weekly]
- Daniella Pineda has lined up her next role, a series regular on the upcoming NBC series, Odyssey. [Zap2It]
- Kat Graham walked the runway as part of The Red Dress Collection at New York Fashion Week to raise awareness of heart disease. [USA Today]
- According to Variety, Phoebe Tonkin is “in talks” to co-star in the movie thriller, Take Down, with Jeremy Sumpter. I’ve got my eye on you, JD McCoy. [Variety]
- The CW has a video interview with Malese Jow about her new show, Star Crossed, and her character, Julia. [YouTube]
Miss a post this week?
- The Originals In Review: Crescent City (EP113) – By Choice or By Force
- Extended Promo for The Vampire Diaries: No Exit (EP514)
- Complete Songlist for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- Short Promo for The Vampire Diaries: No Exit (EP514)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: No Exit (EP514)
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: Long Way Back from Hell (EP114)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Vampire Diaries – Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- Previously On The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- TONIGHT – The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513) Airs at 8/7c
- The Originals: Crescent City (EP113) Post-Mortems with Julie Plec
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: Long Way Back from Hell (EP114)
- Promo: The Originals Returns February 25th (VIDEO)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – Crescent City (EP113)
- TV Guide Exclusive Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- TONIGHT – The Originals: Crescent City (EP113) Airs at 8/7c
- Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- Previously on the Originals: Dance Back From The Grave (EP112)
- Julie Plec & Michael Narducci Preview The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Webclip for The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Vampire Diaries In Review: The Devil Inside (EP512) – It’s Done
Tomorrow’s the big day: the 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511). Let’s kick off with a “Thank You TVD Fans!” video from the cast, shall we?
No, guys – thank you.
TV Line has this epic look back at favorite moments from the first 99 episodes of The Vampire Diaries, featuring the show’s cast, guest stars, and producers. Beware: You will shed a tear or two while flipping through this gallery. Here’s what Kat Graham has to say about hitting 100 eps:
“I didn’t think I was going to make it past the pilot. I thought I would have been recast or something. I had shot five pilots before The Vampire Diaries and not one of them got picked up. So a 100th episode is, like, not real to me. It’s a beautiful, humbling experience, but I still can’t believe I’ve been on it this long. It’s great.”
So what can we expect from the epic 100th episode, anyway? Executive producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries gives some hints to Zap2It:
In addition to Katherine’s mortality drama, Dries emphasizes that the episode is for the fans in a lot of ways. “We for sure wanted it to be nostalgic. We wanted to make it for the fans who have been with the show from the beginning,” Dries tells us. “So they’ll get the references, specific scenes, and lines that we put in there as a love letter to the fans. It’s to show them how much we appreciate them. But it will be shocking and fun, also.”
Zap2It also has a heart-tugging thank you to fans courtesy of Matt Davis, whose Alaric Saltzman is still sorely missed:
When Zap2it caught up with Davis down in Atlanta during “The Vampire Diaries” 100th episode wrap party, he had a message for those dedicated fans. “I’d like to say to the fans, thank you. I love you. Alaric loves all of them,” Davis says with a smile. “It’s been this really wonderful experience for me as an actor to connect with the fans who have been so responsive to a character that I’ve been playing. Whenever Alaric comes back, whether he does or doesn’t in the future, it’s always fun for me because I know it’s a chance for me to reconnect with the fans who have been so generous and gracious.”
E!Online caught up with Ian Somerhalder to discuss his favorite TVD scene and the site reflects on Damon’s repertoire of killer one-liners (interview video at the link!):
So it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that Somerhalder’s favorite scene comes from The Vampire Diaries’ earlier run of episodes. “My favorite scene was Damon turning Vicki into a vampire and they’re dancing all around. It’s also never bad having Kayla Ewell in her underwear,” he spills.
And Nina Dobrev also sits down with E!Online to talk about the Stefan-Elena-Damon love triangle and to tease tomorrow night’s episode:
Thursday marks the 100th episode of the five-year-old, fan favorite series, and Dobrev teases that it’s “an episode that will not be forgotten.” “It makes a big splash,” she teases, “and it has a huge impact on the show and all the characters. And [for] me, because I’m weird and strange and I like all the quirky, strange, awkward things, I loved filming it because I got to do some really weird, strange things myself and experience things and it was really fun to shoot.”
The Originals Facebook page (click that link and hit LIKE if you aren’t already following!) has been posting one of these photos a day for the past week, and now there’s finally a full set to enjoy. Check out Sophie (Daniella Pineda), Cami (Leah Pipes), Davina (Danielle Campbell), Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin), Rebekah (Claire Holt), Elijah (Daniel Gillies), Marcel (Charles Michael Davis), and Klaus (Joseph Morgan) below and in our Gallery.
In advance of tonight’s midseason premiere of The Originals, The Casket Girls (EP110), Julie Plec talks about the real history behind the episode as well as the way this is the episode when the female characters start fighting back.
“Back in the late 1700s, all the men working in New Orleans — basically building the city — were the scourge of the Earth who’d been shipped over from the prisons of Europe,” she explains. Hard up for female companions, the men lured single women from Ireland and France with the promise of marriage. “These girls packed up all of their belongings in boxes that looked like caskets and set sail across the sea.” However, once their ship hit our shores, the girls mysteriously disappeared. Legend has it that the Vatican swept in and sealed off the women — and their caskets — in the attic of New Orleans’ allegedly haunted Old Ursuline’s Convent, where the girls lived as captive vampires. “So we took that basic story and shaped it into a story of female oppression and empowerment.”
Ooh, creepy! Claire Holt, Daniel Gillies, and Phoebe Tonkin also weigh in on the episode.
And make sure you also check out Julie Plec’s answers to TV Guide‘s Showrunner Survey!
TV Guide Magazine: Give us an equation for The Originals.
Plec: The Vampire Diaries plus Carrie plus The Sopranos minus New Jersey plus The Addams Family minus Lurch, divided by all Merchant Ivory movies.
Excited for The Originals to return with The Casket Girls (EP110) a week from today, on Tuesday, January 14? Then you’ll want to head over to TV Guide to see their exclusive gallery of images from the episode. Here’s a taste:
ETA: New stills added to the Gallery!
We’re all slogging (or shivering, or burning, depending on where you live) our way through the winter hiatus, but E!Online is lending us a helping hand today. These new promo pics from The Originals are pretty terrific, and we’re not just saying that because of the waistcoat. Honest.
Hurry up, January 14th!
- I’m pretty jealous of Steven McQueen hanging out with Gary Oldman. [McQueeninchains]
- Looks like Kat Graham got a new furry friend for Hanukkah, courtesy of her fiance. [katgrahampics]
- Kat talked to Just Jared about a broad range of topics, including on set pranks, her wedding, and her celebrity crush. [JustJared]
- Kat and her fiance rang the bell at the NASDAQ MarketSite. [Zimbio]
- DoSomething.org put Ian Somerhalder on their list of Top 20 Celebs Gone Good of 2013. [dosomething.org]
- Not even a cheese hat can dampen Charles Michael Davis’ smolder. [charlesmd]
- E! News named Paul Wesley their Hottie of the Year. [ENews]
- Daniel Gillies talked to Huffington Post Canada about season 3 of Saving Hope and also answers a couple questions about The Originals. [HuffPo]
- Happy New Year from Joseph Morgan & Persia White. [JosephMorgan]
- Leah Pipes stuns in the current issue of Glamoholic. [Glamoholic.com]
- Taylor Kinney’s new film, The Other Woman, has a new trailer. It stars Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, and Kate Upton. [YouTube]
Miss a post over the holidays?
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- TVGN to Air The Originals Marathon on Sat, January 11th
- Official Stills for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- TONIGHT – Vampire Diaries: The Cell (EP509 Encore) Airs at 8/7c
- Mid-season Poll: Favorite Episode of The Vampire Diaries Season 5 (So Far)?
- Mid-season Poll: What’s Your Favorite Episode of The Originals Season 1 (So Far)?
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- Enter the CW’s #PickMeTVD Contest! (VIDEO)