Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks.
- Big congrats to our Name Elena’s Teddy Bear/Love You To Death 3 contest winners! Crissy has chosen “Bearton Earnspaw” as the winning entry, so congrats to Sue on the clever Wuthering Heights reference! And congrats to Theresa and Amy for being two of our four random winners. (Hey, other two winners, check your Twitter DMs and get back to us before we draw two new winners in your place!) All winners will receive an autographed copy of Love You To Death 3, and the grand prize winner also gets some awesome official TVD merch. Thanks to everyone who entered!
- Kat Graham and Candice Accola live at the iHeartRadio music festival. (Video above)
- Ian Somerhalder’s OFFICIAL Facebook page, so stop following fakes.
- Ian Somerhalder on the cover of Defy Magazine.
- Nina Dobrev gives fans a wave as she heads to an interview with Extra.
- Phoebe Tonkin and Claire Holt at the Teen Vogue Young Hollywood Party.
- Daniel Gillies interview with Xtreme 107.1 Radio.
- Video of Kat Graham and Ian Somerhalder onstage at the 2012 Environmental Media Awards.
- Ian Somerhalder at the 2012 Environmental Media Awards.
- Kat Graham, also at the 2012 Environmental Media Awards.
- Big congrats to Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec for making the list of The Holywood Reporter’s Top 50 Showrunners of 2012.
- As part of their TV Club Ten, The AV Club shares their choices for the 10 episodes that best showcase The Vampire Diaries.
- Nina Dobrev has a feature in the November 2012 issue of Glamour. And US Weekly has more photos.
- Great news for Sara Canning fans! SyFy has picked up Primeval: New World for 13 episodes in 2013.
- Fun photo of Daniel Gillies and Rachael Leigh Cook at a pre-Emmy event.
- Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder make Glamour UK’s 50 Sexiest Men List.
- Elena Gilbert and Alaric Saltzman makes Hollywood Life’s list of 20 Most Shocking TV Death From the Past Year.
- Paul Wesley and Michael Trevino make Huffington Post’s 27 Older Celebrities Who FAIL At Playing Teens. In other news, it’s Hollywood and no one cares.
Brace yourselves, everybody! TV Guide has revealed a brand new cold open for The Vampire Diaries Season 4, one that makes a big change from the style we’ve seen in previous seasons, it takes us back to the earliest days of the show.
In our exclusive video below, Elena (Nina Dobrev), Damon (Ian Somerhalder), Stefan (Paul Wesley), Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen), Caroline (Candice Accola), Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) all lend their voices to the narration that will kick off the upcoming fourth season. A variation of this will be used in each episode to catch viewers up on major plot points that have happened thus far.
To celebrate the release of Love You To Death – Season 3: The Unofficial Companion to The Vampire Diaries by Vampire-Diaries.net contributor Crissy Calhoun, we’re having a contest to name Elena’s teddy bear! Crissy has confirmed with executive producer Julie Plec that the bear is currently nameless, and we’re calling on all you TVD fans out there to help give little teddy a name. (Please note that this is a contest purely for fun, not a promise that the actual teddy bear will end up with the winning name.)
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO EVERYONE – yes, that means you too, international fans!
FOUR WINNERS (CHOSEN AT RANDOM) WILL RECEIVE: A signed copy of Love You To Death 3!
But what about the GRAND PRIZE, you ask? Crissy will choose her favorite name for Elena’s teddy bear from all of the entries and that GRAND PRIZE WINNER will not only receive a signed copy of Love You To Death 3, but also a Vampire Diaries prize pack that includes some snazzy official TVD merchandise (t-shirts, jewelry, etc). (Ever seen a wild Vee go crazy over a convention merch table? Yeeeeeah.)
RULES & HOW TO ENTER:
- Once again, YES, this giveaway is open to ALL, including international fans.
- You may enter via Twitter or the comments in this post, but not both! Comment entries are for those who don’t have a Twitter account. If you have Twitter, use Twitter!
- How to enter via Twitter: First, make sure you’re following @crissycalhoun and @tvdnews (because we will need to DM if you’re a winner). All tweets must include the name you’ve chosen for Elena’s teddy bear and these two hashtags – #LYTD3 and #TVDTeddy. [Example: Elena's teddy bear is obviously named MR. CUDDLES! #LYTD3 #TVDTeddy] You DO NOT need to @reply to us or Crissy in your entries; the hashtags are how we will log the entries. ONLY ONE TEDDY BEAR NAME PER TWEET. Also, if your tweet does not include BOTH hashtags, your entry will not count. Do not tweet the same name multiple times. Each of your entries must be unique. You may enter more than once, HOWEVER if you spam the entries, we reserve the right to ask you to stop. If you continue to spam after we’ve asked you to ease up, we will disqualify you. Let’s be reasonable!
- How to enter if you DO NOT have Twitter: Leave a comment on this post, but make sure you do so with an email address. (As in filling in space where it asks for your email address under username; we won’t publish your email!) We need a way to contact you if you win! You may leave multiple entries, but as mentioned above, please be reasonable and don’t spam the comments. Only one teddy bear name per entry!
- Your entry may not be STELENA, DELENA, STEFAN OR DAMON. Sorry to be fun-killers but this is a simple way to avoid too many duplicate entries. Remember: Crissy will be picking a favorite grand prize winner, so you need to be creative, funny, unique.
- Deadline for entries is THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 11:59 PM EASTERN. Winners will be notified next week.
Contest starts now! GOOD LUCK!
Ready for a sneak peek of Growing Pains (401)? The CW has a clip for you, and it shows a rather important moment for Elena . . .
Nina Dobrev is at the Toronto International Film Festival to promote her new movie, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, but she’s taken some time to talk to the media about her future with The Vampire Diaries as well. Over at MTV.com, she discusses how long she thinks the show should continue:
And at E!Online, Nina talks about how Elena’s potential transition might affect her:
“If she steps on an ant and kills the ant, she freaks out and starts crying, or if somebody tells a joke, she starts laughing like a maniac. So all of her emotions are heightened.”
As part of their fall TV preview, Entertainment Weekly talked to Julie Plec and Nina Dobrev about the various transitions – including high school graduation – coming up for characters on season 4 of The Vampire Diaries. We’ll avoid the slightly spoilery specifics, but Julie Plec had this to say about these transitions in general:
“But look, what I’ve been saying a lot about this season to the people at the network and in general is that the writers and I are really focusing on that time in your life as your adolescence is coming to an end, that milestone of graduation, and you are making decisions: Do I leave home for good? Do I stay? Can I part with this town that’s been so important to me? Do I part with these people who have been so important to me? Am I going out into the world and starting a life and growing up?”
There’s more, including Paul Wesley‘s take on Stefan’s eternal youth and Nina‘s hopes for a certain big senior year event.
The Insider has our first official Season 4 promo pic – courtesy of the CW – and of course it features Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, and Ian Somerhalder looking good in the cemetery, as you do.
Need a little something to perk up your Monday? Entertainment Weekly has some Season 4 scoop for us, as well as some answers to a few frequently-asked questions about where things left off in last season’s finale. The teases cover everything from romance to murder, so it sounds like Season 4 will be kicking off in true Vampire Diaries style.
TVLine recently interviewed Julie Plec at the ATX Television Festival about Elena’s journey, Klaus’s fate, and more – including whether our wayward students will ever actually graduate from high school. And on Rebekah’s role next season:
“And with Rebekah, who is so vulnerable and damaged but has that tough exterior, we get to see a queen bee in action; we get to see a mean girl. As we get into the second half of their senior year, here’s Rebekah, still in Mystic Falls, heading back to school, completely ostracized from the community of people that she knows because of what she did to Elena and Matt [in the finale]. She’s completely loathed by the one guy [Matt] that she had a crush on, and also by her past love [Stefan]. What’s she going to do about that?”
They also caught up with Nina Dobrev and asked her how Elena will react next season to her big transition. In a sentence: “Yeah, I think she’s gonna freak out.”
Via TV Shows on DVD: Warner Bros. has released the cover art for The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Third Season, which will be available on DVD and Blu-Ray starting August 28, 2012 in the U.S. and August 20, 2012 in the U.K. Via the press release:
Today Warner Home Video has formally announced that The Vampire Diaries – The Complete 3rd Season is coming home on DVD and Blu-ray Disc this August 28th. The 5-disc package in DVD format will cost $59.98 SRP, and the high-def Blu-ray Disc version priced at $69.96 SRP will be a 9-disc combo set that comes with the BDs, and DVDs, and UltraViolet digital download (the latter is only available in the USA, not in Canada, and must be redeemed within 2 years of the title’s street date).
No comprehensive list of special features yet (we’re seeing Season 2 DVD features pop up here and there as being included, which is obviously incorrect) but we should have an update in no time. Meanwhile, what do you think of the chosen cover art? Also, be sure to pre-order your copy! (Links below the cover.)
[DVD ON AMAZON US] [BLU-RAY/DVD COMBO ON AMAZON US]
[DVD ON AMAZON UK] [BLU-RAY ON AMAZON UK]