The CW has released The Vampire Diaries season five promo on their official Facebook page for the show. Check it out below:
You know it’s premiere week when we can’t keep up with all the interviews and promo, but here are a few fun Vampire Diaries tidbits for you. First up, the official TVD Facebook has posted the TVD Season 5 Elena Gilbert promo poster. (Pretty gorgeous, right?)
Next, E!Online celebrates “TVD goes to college” with a look back at other shows that made the transition from high school to the hallowed halls of higher education.
And Entertainment Weekly has a fun mini-supercut of Damon’s best insults from the early seasons of The Vampire Diaries. (Have a favorite Damon insult of your own?)
Want to see some more clips from tonight’s new episode, She’s Come Undone (EP421)? These exclusives aren’t embeddable, so we’re sending you on a little scavenger hunt. First, check out the official Facebook page for The Originals to watch one exclusive webclip. (Warning: The video on that second link may autoplay.) Make sure you Like the page while you’re there! Then head over to Zap2it for a third clip, this one featuring Stefan and Caroline. Enjoy!
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks.
- Big congrats to our Name Elena’s Teddy Bear/Love You To Death 3 contest winners! Crissy has chosen “Bearton Earnspaw” as the winning entry, so congrats to Sue on the clever Wuthering Heights reference! And congrats to Theresa and Amy for being two of our four random winners. (Hey, other two winners, check your Twitter DMs and get back to us before we draw two new winners in your place!) All winners will receive an autographed copy of Love You To Death 3, and the grand prize winner also gets some awesome official TVD merch. Thanks to everyone who entered!
- Kat Graham and Candice Accola live at the iHeartRadio music festival. (Video above)
- Ian Somerhalder’s OFFICIAL Facebook page, so stop following fakes.
- Ian Somerhalder on the cover of Defy Magazine.
- Nina Dobrev gives fans a wave as she heads to an interview with Extra.
- Phoebe Tonkin and Claire Holt at the Teen Vogue Young Hollywood Party.
- Daniel Gillies interview with Xtreme 107.1 Radio.
- Video of Kat Graham and Ian Somerhalder onstage at the 2012 Environmental Media Awards.
- Ian Somerhalder at the 2012 Environmental Media Awards.
- Kat Graham, also at the 2012 Environmental Media Awards.
- Big congrats to Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec for making the list of The Holywood Reporter’s Top 50 Showrunners of 2012.
- As part of their TV Club Ten, The AV Club shares their choices for the 10 episodes that best showcase The Vampire Diaries.
- Nina Dobrev has a feature in the November 2012 issue of Glamour. And US Weekly has more photos.
- Great news for Sara Canning fans! SyFy has picked up Primeval: New World for 13 episodes in 2013.
- Fun photo of Daniel Gillies and Rachael Leigh Cook at a pre-Emmy event.
- Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder make Glamour UK’s 50 Sexiest Men List.
- Elena Gilbert and Alaric Saltzman makes Hollywood Life’s list of 20 Most Shocking TV Death From the Past Year.
- Paul Wesley and Michael Trevino make Huffington Post’s 27 Older Celebrities Who FAIL At Playing Teens. In other news, it’s Hollywood and no one cares.
Ready for your first look at season four? The CW has shared a promo on the Vampire Diaries Facebook page. Enjoy!
The cast of the Vampire Diaries have recorded a video to thank the 13 million people who have followed them on Facebook, and to tell everyone to tune in for the Season 4 premiere on October 11th, 2012.
Hiatus getting you down? Hang in there, fandom! We spy Candice Accola, Joseph Morgan, Kat Graham and Michael Trevino in this batch of pictures from the KIIS-FM Jingle Ball 2011. You can also head over to the Joseph Morgan Georgian Fans on FB for more pics. Thanks to @JoeMorganFans for the heads up!
Today is the LAST DAY to vote for The Vampire Diaries for this year’s TV Guide Fan Favorites cover, and the shows needs as many votes as you can give it today! Just go to TV Guide’s Facebook page, Like it, and click on your choice of show to make the cover. You can also enter to win an autographed copy of their Comic-Con special issue. Get clicking! The winner will be revealed in the December 12th issue of TV Guide Magazine.
It’s that time of year again – TV Guide is polling their readers to determine which show should get this year’s Fan Favorites cover. The Vampire Diaries is up against nine other popular shows like Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, so it needs your vote! Just go to TV Guide’s Facebook page, Like it, and click on your choice of show to make the cover. You can also enter to win an autographed copy of their Comic-Con special issue. You can only enter the sweepstakes once, but you can vote as many times as you want between now and October 31, so get clicking! The winner will be revealed in the December 12th issue of TV Guide Magazine.
Thanks to Rogers & Cowan for passing along this press release for a new Facebook interactive game, based on The Vampire Diaries: Get Sucked In. From the press release:
“The Vampire Diaries: Get Sucked In will draw Facebook fans in with gameplay that builds upon key plot lines involving their favorite characters from The CW’s most popular series,” said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Production and Development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “Now players of the game will get to delve deeper into the engaging mysteries that have made The Vampire Diaries a hit.”
Can’t wait to learn more? READ THE ENTIRE PRESS RELEASE.