- Nina Dobrev & TVD newbie Kendrick Sampson look like they’re having fun on set. [Instagram]
- To celebrate 4 years of TVD, Entertainment Weekly put together a list of 20 things they’re happy TVD gave us. [EW]
- Grace Phipps was interviewed by Starry Constellation Magazine, where she revealed an upcoming appearance on Supernatural. [Starry Mag]
- Television Without Pity’s is celebrating the 10 year anniversary of their Tubey Awards with awards for the past decade of TV. You can vote for TVD in several categories: Best TV Show, Ian Somerhalder for Favorite Actor, Nina Dobrev for Favorite Actress, Best Drama, Best Cast, Best Guilty Pleasure, Damon Salvatore for Best Character, Elena & Damon for Best Relationship, Elena & Stefan for Worst Relationship, Season 1 & Season 2 Finales for Best Season Finale, Katherine chops Uncle John’s fingers for Biggest WTF Moment, & Damon for Best Badass. [TWoP]
- Matt Davis is headed to CSI in a recurring role as a fireman’s son. His first episode will air in late October. [TVLine]
- Sara Canning’s romantic comedy, The Right Kind of Wrong, was acquired by Magnolia Pictures for US distribution early next year. [Deadline]
- Rolling Stone talked to TVD’s music supervisor, Chris Mollere, about music placement on television. [RS]
- Kat Graham talked to SheKnows.com about her music, marriage and TVD. [SheKnows]
- Kat also contributed to a PSA on suicide prevention. [EW]
- Nina Dobrev is on the cover of the October People StyleWatch Magazine. [WhoSay]
- Michael Trevino will be narrating the audiobook version of Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan’s Saving Raphael Santiago from The Bane Chronicles. It goes on sale next week. [tumblr]
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks.
- Nina Dobrev had some fun killing time during a night shoot, above. [Nina Dobrev on WhoSay]
- Miss Aunt Jenna? Sara Canning’s new show, Primeval: New World, has its U.S. premiere on the Syfy Channel on Saturday. [Syfy]
- Ian Somerhalder has landed a new role in an action thriller! He’ll costar in The Anomaly with Luke Hemsworth and Brian Cox. [ET]
- Also check out the picture Ian shared from his early modeling career. [Instagram]
- How many past and present TVD stars can you spot in this And We’re Rolling episode? I counted 9. Be sure to watch all the way to the end! Hint: they are all tagged in this post. [YouTube]
- Nina Dobrev is on the cover of Company, and she dished to the magazine about her crush on Emma Watson, along with her love for Burberry. [MTV]
- Steven R. McQueen predicted who’ll win the Stanley Cup for the Huffington Post. [HuffPost]
- Glamour named Kat Graham one of Hollywood’s Next Big Things. [Glamour]
- If you liked the necklaces worn by Elena in the TVD Season 4 finale, you can buy your very own! [Small Screen Scoop]
- Do you write Vampire Diaries fan fiction? Interested in being (legally!) paid for it? If your work meets the grade, you could have it published on Amazon in Kindle format. [Kindle Worlds]
Want another look at We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes (EP406)? You’re in luck: Hollywood Crush has an exclusive episode still, including April, Matt, Jeremy, and . . . some mummies? What’s going on there? Click on Matt over at the left (poor guy looks a little concerned, huh?) to see the whole image. The episode will air on the CW on November 15.
Entertainment Weekly sat down with Nina Dobrev during a recent TVD set visit to talk about the Season 3 finale, Elena’s transition, and Salvatores:
“She’s confused and changing and having different cravings and having different urges,” says Dobrev. “I feel like she’s kind of gone back to being stuck in the middle between the two boys.”
Give Me My Remote has more with Julie Plec, who discusses the show’s success, Twitter reactions to the Season 3 finale, and why Season 4 will not be slowing things down:
JP: And so I went into season 3 and I told all the actors, “This is the year we really need to prove to everybody that we’re good at what we do and this show is never going to falter. And the quality of storytelling, quality of production, quality of performance is our priority, and we’re going to do it, we’re going to work our asses off so nobody thinks this was just a fluke.” And we did so well in season 3 that I think in the back of our heads, we thought we could step back a little in season 4 and sleep a little. And then we get to season 4 and we realized, no, it’s been going so well, we haven’t faltered yet, let’s just drive this train all the way to the end of the series and never let anyone say, “You really blew it.” So that’s the goal.
And Zap2It has a nice introduction to upcoming guest star Grace Phipps, whose character, April, takes her bow on The Vampire Diaries in tonight’s episode. Spoiler alert: Phipps is really charming.
Phipps brings a great new energy to the cast, while April shifts the dynamic of the show a bit. Now, Elena isn’t concerned about saving herself all the time — she’s got a new, innocent person in town who means a lot to her, and keeping April safe begins to take priority. As we’ll see in tonight’s episode, “Memorial,” keeping April safe is much easier said than done thanks to a new hunter in town.
The Nine Lives of Chloe King alum Grace Phipps has been cast on the CW series as April, a natural beauty with a bit of an edge, TVGuide.com has learned. April has some history with both Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen), but Elena will try to protect her from the supernatural secrets of Mystic Falls.
She’ll first appear in the second episode of season four.