The CW has released the official synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: My Brother’s Keeper (EP407), airing Thursday, November 29th at 8/7c. Highlight for spoilers:
THE MISS MYSTIC FALLS PAGEANT — Caroline (Candice Accola) does her best to be there for Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) in a tough time. Damon (Ian Somerhalder) tries to convince Stefan to help him uncover Prof. Shane’s (guest star David Alpay) motives, but Stefan is intent on carrying out a different plan with Klaus (Joseph Morgan). At the annual Miss Mystic Falls Pageant, Elena and Caroline give April (guest star Grace Phipps) advice on which dress to wear, while Tyler (Michael Trevino) and Hayley (guest star Phoebe Tonkin) work together on a secret project, and Damon confronts Prof. Shane with his suspicions. Alarmed by the vivid nightmares he’s having, Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) turns to Matt (Zach Roerig) for help, but the situation escalates sooner than anyone expected. Olympic Gold Medalist Gabrielle Douglas also makes an appearance.
The episode was written by Caroline Dries and Elisabeth R. Finch and directed by Jeffrey Hunt.
Celebuzz catches up with Kat Graham to talk Bonnie, the Tyler and Klaus situation, witchcraft, and all things Season 4 premiere. Check out the video below!
HuffPostTV talks with Torrey DeVitto about Meredith’s character “trajectory,” action scenes, and more.
When we see Meredith in Season 4, are the Salvatore brothers really angry with her?
You know, I don’t think they’re too happy or pleased, but, here’s what everybody is missing: Had Meredith not done what she did, there would possibly be no more “Vampire Diaries” because Elena would be dead. So can we just give Meredith a little more credit here? [Laughs.] Come on you sexy little vampires — you’d have no girl to fight over so just get over it. [Laughs.]
And NiceGirlsTV has more teases from the Comic-Con 2012 press room, courtesy of Nina Dobrev.
Elena may not be the first member of the Mystic Falls gang to grow fangs, but that doesn’t mean that her friends are going to necessarily be comfortable with her new life.
“Caroline kind of was accepted by the group as a vampire and I think for Elena, everyone is going to just be sad. They’ve just spent all this time doing everything in their power to protect her, and now she’s a vampire – so I guess she can protect herself.”
Busy, busy news day around here. The Vampire Diaries is definitely back. KSiteTV has our first look at a few stills from The Five (EP404), airing November 1st. (Read the official synopsis here.) Click the still below to see three more images at KSiteTV! We also have our first look at guest star David Alpay as Professor Shane.
The CW has released the official synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: The Five (EP404), airing Thursday, November 1st on the CW. Highlight for spoilers:
A FRAT PARTY AND A FLASHBACK TO 12TH CENTURY ITALY — Damon (Ian Somerhalder) goes with Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) to visit Whitmore College, where Professor Shane (guest star David Alpay, “The Borgias”) is taking over the Occult Studies classes formerly taught by Bonnie’s grandmother. At a fraternity costume party, Damon takes advantage of the wild scene to give Elena a lesson in choosing a victim. Rebekah’s (Claire Holt) attempt to buy Matt’s (Zach Roerig) forgiveness falls flat, but she is intrigued by unexpected news from Klaus (Joseph Morgan). When Stefan (Paul Wesley) questions Klaus about Connor’s (guest star Todd Williams) motives, Klaus reveals a long-ago encounter with a powerful group of vampire hunters, but it’s Rebekah who delivers the information that stuns Stefan.
The episode was written by Brett Matthews and Rebecca Sonnenshine and directed by Joshua Butler.
It’s going to be a busy week, so here’s the next batch of interviews for your enjoyment. First up, Julie Plec previews Season 4′s return over at The Hollywood Reporter.
THR: Now that Elena’s exploring her new state of being as a vampire, will this force her to open her mind up?
Plec: Elena becoming a vampire, in a way, is an awakening of a person who is about to go through a lot of changes – some for the better and some for the worse, some for the darker and some for the lighter. In all that, she is going to evolve as a person and her relationships are going to evolve accordingly. I can’t say much beyond that other than that it’s a journey for her of an adolescent growing up to a really tragic adulthood. We change a lot in those years and we change what we want out of life; it’s a constant evolution.
TV Guide sits down with Nina Dobrev to talk vampire!Elena, Stefan and Damon, and Season 4 surprises.
Over at Entertainment Weekly, Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder talk about vampire sex. And that’s all we need to say, right?
Zach Roerig chats with MTV’s Hollywood Crush about the State of the Donovan in Season 4 and how last season’s events will affect Matt’s relationship with Elena. (Also, book fans, there’s a nice spoilery gimme in that article that might interest you.)
“Damon definitely blames Matt and doesn’t think that Matt deserves to live,” Zach explained. “Of course Damon, being the rage-filled-fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of guy, comes at Matt. But thankfully Elena is there to defend him.
“Both Salvatore brothers make it clear to Matt that he needs to earn his survival,” he added.
And, finally, the Associated Press sat down with Daniel Gillies to talk Elijah, Elena, and Season 4.
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks.
- Big congrats to our Name Elena’s Teddy Bear/Love You To Death 3 contest winners! Crissy has chosen “Bearton Earnspaw” as the winning entry, so congrats to Sue on the clever Wuthering Heights reference! And congrats to Theresa and Amy for being two of our four random winners. (Hey, other two winners, check your Twitter DMs and get back to us before we draw two new winners in your place!) All winners will receive an autographed copy of Love You To Death 3, and the grand prize winner also gets some awesome official TVD merch. Thanks to everyone who entered!
- Kat Graham and Candice Accola live at the iHeartRadio music festival. (Video above)
- Ian Somerhalder’s OFFICIAL Facebook page, so stop following fakes.
- Ian Somerhalder on the cover of Defy Magazine.
- Nina Dobrev gives fans a wave as she heads to an interview with Extra.
- Phoebe Tonkin and Claire Holt at the Teen Vogue Young Hollywood Party.
- Daniel Gillies interview with Xtreme 107.1 Radio.
- Video of Kat Graham and Ian Somerhalder onstage at the 2012 Environmental Media Awards.
- Ian Somerhalder at the 2012 Environmental Media Awards.
- Kat Graham, also at the 2012 Environmental Media Awards.
- Big congrats to Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec for making the list of The Holywood Reporter’s Top 50 Showrunners of 2012.
- As part of their TV Club Ten, The AV Club shares their choices for the 10 episodes that best showcase The Vampire Diaries.
- Nina Dobrev has a feature in the November 2012 issue of Glamour. And US Weekly has more photos.
- Great news for Sara Canning fans! SyFy has picked up Primeval: New World for 13 episodes in 2013.
- Fun photo of Daniel Gillies and Rachael Leigh Cook at a pre-Emmy event.
- Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder make Glamour UK’s 50 Sexiest Men List.
- Elena Gilbert and Alaric Saltzman makes Hollywood Life’s list of 20 Most Shocking TV Death From the Past Year.
- Paul Wesley and Michael Trevino make Huffington Post’s 27 Older Celebrities Who FAIL At Playing Teens. In other news, it’s Hollywood and no one cares.
IT’S ALL HAPPENING… We are on a one-week countdown to the start of Vampire Diaries Season 4 and Entertainment Weekly unveiled a stunning new TVD cast photo featuring all of your favorites – Matt, Meredith, Rebekah, Elijah, Klaus, Stefan, Elena, Damon, Bonnie, Tyler, Jeremy, and Caroline all present and accounted for.
And KSiteTV has our first look at images from The Rager (EP403) – read the synopsis – and we even get a look at upcoming guest star Grace Phipps as April. Caution as there will be mild spoilers! Click the image below to see more stills at KSiteTV.
There are a lot of cast interviews popping up lately, so we’re putting them all together in one place so everyone can revel in the TVD goodness. Only a couple more weeks until the start of Season 4! Some interviews may have hints and spoilers for the upcoming season, so be click at your own risk. Enjoy!
TV Fanatic Set Interviews:
- Nina Dobrev Dishes on Elena as a Vampire, Self-Sacrifice and The Prom (video above)
- Paul Wesley Interview: Elena’s Choice and More
- Candice Accola Interview: A Future for Klaroline?
- Joseph Morgan Scoops Season 4, Hopes to Regain Body
- Zach Roerig Speaks on Bond with Elena, Moral Compass, The Matt Hatter
- Phoebe Tonkin Previews “Ballsy” Vampire Diaries Character
- Candice Accola Talks “The Vampire Diaries” & More at iHeartRadio Festival via ClevverTV (Video above)
- Michael Trevino on ‘Vampire Diaries,’ First Love, and His Hollywood Crush via Bullett
- NINA DOBREV: THE ‘PERKS’ OF BEING A ‘VAMPIRE’via The Insider
- Vampire Diaries’ Ian Somerhalder: There’s depth to Damon
- Paul Wesley’s Secret TVD Plan via The Insider (VIDEO)
- Daniel Gillies talks ‘The Vampire Diaries’ in Spoiler Room Video Edition via Entertainment Weekly
Miss A Post This Past Week?
- Official Synopsis for The Rager (EP403)
- TV Bloggers Tease First Two Episodes of The Vampire Diaries Season 4
- UK’s ITV2 Announces Return Date for The Vampire Diaries
- CW Interview with Paul Wesley (VIDEO)
- TV Guide Reveals New Cold Open For TVD Season 4 (VIDEO)
- Paul Telfer Cast as Vampire Hunter Alexander
- Friday Night Bites, Sept. 21-28: EMMY Parties & Animal Friends
- CW Interview with Joseph Morgan (VIDEO)
- Official Synopsis for Memorial (EP402)
The CW has released the official synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: The Rager (EP403), airing Thursday, October 25th. Highlight for spoilers:
BORN TO BE WILD — Connor (guest star Todd Williams) continues his search to uncover the secrets of Mystic Falls and tries to convince Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) to work with him. With Dr. Fell’s (guest star Torrey DeVitto) help, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Klaus (Joseph Morgan) question Connor, but the confrontation takes a lethal turn. Trying to keep her new life as normal as possible, Elena (Nina Dobrev) is determined to continue her senior year at Mystic Falls High with support from Matt (Zach Roerig) and Caroline (Candice Accola). Rebekah’s (Claire Holt) arrival at school makes it difficult for Elena to control her anger, but she learns that confronting Rebekah can be extremely dangerous. Later, Rebekah realizes how alone she is, and reaches out to April (guest star Grace Phillips). Stefan (Paul Wesley) takes Elena on a thrilling motorcycle ride in an effort to show her that life can still be fun. Tyler (Michael Trevino) gets a surprise visit from Hayley (guest star Phoebe Tonkin, “The Secret Circle”), a werewolf who helped him through the ordeal of breaking his sire-bond to Klaus. Concerned about Elena, as well as his own emotions, Stefan turns to a sympathetic Caroline for advice.
The episode was written by Brian Young and directed by Lance Anderson. This also marks the first episode of guest star Phoebe Tonkin!
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks. Please insert theme song by Explosions in the Sky here and enjoy.
- YO, BRO! Did you miss Paul Wesley on The Tonight Show last night? Watch Part 1 and Part 2.
- Steven R. McQueen and Michael Trevino (and former TVD guest stars Taylor Kinney and Stephen Amell) are featured as one of Bullett Magazine’s Primetime TV’s Newest Heartbreakers.
- Kat Graham attended Variety’s 6th Annual Power Of Youth Event on September 15 in Los Angeles. Check out photos here and here.
- Kat also attended NYLON & Sony’s September TV Issue Launch Event.
- Michael Trevino lands on The Hollywood Reporter’s 35 Hottest Young Latinos in Entertainment.
- Just Jared has photos from Nina Dobrev’s Seventeen Magazine signing in Atlanta.
- Watch Nina’s appearance on Chelsea Lately.
- VH1 chats with Nina about The Perks of Being a Wallflower and TVD.
- And Nina chats with PopSugar!
- Julie Plec talks fans and Twitter with the Wall Street Journal.
- Claire Holt nabbed first place at the 2012 Malibu Triathlon. Congrats, Claire!
- Ian Somerhalder is a judge in Tom’s of Maine’s 50 States of Good, a contest for non-profits.