Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks. Please insert theme song by Explosions in the Sky here and enjoy.
- Someone’s having some fun filming at Mystic Falls High.
- We’re going to continue our shameless self-promotion, briefly: Please take a minute to vote for Vampire-Diaries.net in LOGO’s NewNowNext Awards. We really appreciate your support!
- Big congratulations to Matt Davis, who has been cast as a lead in the CW pilot Cult. (Don’t worry; he’ll still be available to appear on TVD.)
- Attention Texans! Kat Graham will be performing at Perez Hilton’s One Night in Austin on Saturday night.
- Did you like Candice Accola’s necklace from PaleyFest? She tweeted that it’s from Moon Raven Designs, and you can see their other designs on Etsy.
- And for more about PaleyFest looks, check out Nina Dobrev’s makeup routine and hairstyle.
- Kevin Williamson got quite the birthday gift.
- Real March Madness means it’s time for plenty of TV-related March Madness. Vote for Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson in the Blood Awesome Division of TV Addict’s Showrunner March Madness.
- And several Vampire Diaries pairings need your vote in Zimbio’s TV Couples March Madness.
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev talk about the importance of charity at the 9th Annual Stuart House Benefit.
- Price Peterson admits that The Vampire Diaries didn’t make the best first impression.
- Elena makes this list of Modern Day Southern Belles.
- The Vampire Diaries is good for the Newton County economy.
- 7 Ways Ian Somerhalder Proves Green Is Sexy
- And he also talks about his environmentalism and foundation with Mother Nature Network.
- We all know Joseph Morgan is all about reading, and so does this little fan.
- Kat Graham points out that witches enjoy hanging out together.
- Certain Originals like to play with toys, too.
- Better late than never: Take a look at some outtakes from Paul Wesley’s 2010 Vanity Fair Italia photoshoot.
- Nina Dobrev is a Scuba Diving Celeb.
- In other sporting news, Nathaniel Buzolic snowboards.
- Holmes & Hall has a nice appreciation of Joseph Morgan as Klaus.
We’re only hours away from a brand new episode of The Vampire Diaries and Ian Somerhalder tells Zap2It about tonight’s introduction of the “badass” Sage, played by guest star Cassidy Freeman. He also discusses Damon stepping up as an older brother to Stefan and how that affects his dynamic with Elena. Oh, and he also teased this:
Somerhalder can’t wait for fans to see what’s in store for the brothers as the season winds toward its conclusion. “I just talked to [producer Pascal Verschooris] last night, because we just got episode 21, which is episode 65… and I just learned about what the finale is. It’s really dynamic, man. There’s so much stuff happening.”
When we asked him if the finale would make us cry: “Yes,” he said bluntly.
And E!Online chats with Paul Wesley about the relationship between Stefan and Damon, Stefan’s dark side, and goes quite in-depth about the long road still ahead for Stefan and Elena.
Though Stefan will not have an easy time with it, Wesley says the process will lead him back to Elena. “The more he deals with moderation, the closer he grows to Elena. He was so involved in his own darkness, he didn’t have any time for romance. As the episodes progress, the audience is going to see Stefan maybe becoming more like he was season one and two, sort of the romantic lead hero.”
AfterElton caught up with Kat Graham, Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley and Julie Plec on the PaleyFest press line this past weekend to talk about what’s going down in Mystic Falls and, well, shirtlessness. You can watch the video with Kat Graham below and watch the rest over at AfterElton.
And PopSugarTV also chatted with Julie Plec and cast on the PaleyFest press line and a certain blond hybrid was popular topic (plus, you know, other stuff):
We have yet another video from the PaleyFest press line! IGN interviewed Kat Graham, Matt Davis, Paul Wesley, Candice Accola, and Ian Somerhalder about what’s in store for their characters when the show returns, including Bonnie’s relationship with her mother, Alaric’s relationship with his magical ring, and Caroline’s relationship with sparkly jewelry.
TVD Chicago is only a month away, but don’t panic if you can’t make it. Creation Entertainment has two more Vampire Diaries on the schedule, and tickets are on sale now for both of these events. We’ve put all the relevant information in one place for you, complete with updated actor guest lists.
- When: July 28-29, 2012
- Where: Hyatt SFO
- Scheduled guests: Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Zach Roerig, Michael Trevino, Torrey DeVitto, Steven R. McQueen, Matt Davis
- Visit the website.
- When: August 18-19, 2012
- Where: Hilton Parsippany
- Scheduled guests: Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Zach Roerig, Steven R. McQueen, Michael Trevino, Daniel Gillies, Torrey DeVitto
- Visit the website.
We’ll be updating you as more guests are added or if there are any schedule changes. Looking for more information before you decide? Read our review of Creation’s Nashville event.
The Vampire Diaries is back tomorrow night and we are rewarding your patience with some must-have Vampire Diaries goodies, courtesy of the CW Network. This round, in honor of Cassidy Freeman‘s TVD debut as Sage and those awesome shots of her in the boxing ring, we decided to have some fun with the citizens of Mystic Falls. If your favorite character was a boxer, what would their boxing name be? Would your money be on Matt “Hard Luck” Donovan? Carol “The Event” Lockwood? Or maybe Klaus “The Renovator”?
One grand prize winner will receive: The full-sized Season 3 promo poster pictured at left, signed by Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder and Joseph Morgan. Two runners-up will win unsigned Season 3 promo posters. Wanna play?
- This contest is open to international fans so EVERYONE can play!
- You must have a Twitter account and be following both @tvdnews and @CW_Network. (It’s important because we’ll be DMing the winners!)
- Copy and paste this tweet: [Your Character's Boxing Name Here] will win me a signed poster from @tvdnews! Watch #TVD1912 this Thursday, March 15 at 8/7c on the CW! You will replace the note in brackets with your character’s boxing name. EXAMPLE ENTRY: Klaus The Renovator will win me a signed poster from @tvdnews! Watch #TVD1912 this Thursday, March 15 at 8/7c on the CW! Be funny, be clever, be creative!
- Be sure you copy and paste the entry above as you must have the hashtag #TVD1912 and @tvdnews and include a character’s name (doesn’t matter if it’s first or last name or both, just make sure it’s clear what character you’re referring to).
- You have until Thursday, March 15th at 8pm ET to tweet your entries.
- Winners will be chosen at random and notified via DM by Tuesday, March 20th and will be announced on the blog when we do our round-up post on Wednesday, March 21st.
- Enter as many times as you’d like, but please do not go overboard spamming us with entries. Be reasonable. And have fun!
While Team V-D.net will be choosing the three winners randomly – one grand prize winner and two runners-up – we will be featuring our favorite entries overall on the blog. If you don’t win this round, don’t fret! Because you’ll have another chance next week.
Make sure to tune in to Vampire Diaries this Thursday, March 15th at 8/7c on the CW! And a huge THANK YOU to the CW for the awesome prizes!
The CW Network official YouTube account has posted a PaleyFest video with snippets of interviews with Julie Plec and several Vampire Diaries cast members, including Candice Accola, Nina Dobrev, Kat Graham, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, and Matt Davis. It also gives a glimpse into what the press line at an event like this is like!
Who can resist a photo booth? Not the Vampire Diaries cast members who went to PaleyFest, from the looks of it! Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Nina Dobrev, Matt Davis, Candice Accola and Kat Graham all posed for pictures during PaleyFest. Kat Graham is sitting pretty in hers, but some of her castmates (*cough*IanPaulCandice*cough*) get pretty silly for their pictures in the TV Guide Magazine Photo Booth.
And the PaleyFest interviews just keep on coming! E!Online has you covered with interviews with Julie Plec, Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Candice Accola, and Matt Davis. Warning: Spoilers through All My Children (EP315) abound, and there are lots of hints about upcoming episodes as well!
In this wide-ranging interview, Julie discusses the most important relationship on the show, flashbacks, the love triangle, Caroline and Klaus, what Jeremy and Tyler are up to, and more:
Hollywood Crush talked to Ian Somerhalder at PaleyFest and he told them about how new character Sage affected Damon and about the use of flashbacks in general:
“I think the invaluable thing about these flashbacks is that you inevitably find out what made these characters who they are now. What was the anatomy of the events that lead them up to now?”
Watch the video to find out how Sage helped make Damon who he is today: