More hints and cast reflections on TVD’s 100th episode. From what Kat Graham tells Zap2it, we’re in for something special.
“I definitely think the fans are going to lose their minds,” Graham tells Zap2it. “I think the fans are going to be in ecstasy when they watch it, and I don’t think I’ve ever used that word. There are some things that happen in the 100th episode that are going to make a couple people stand on their couches and scream at their TV, ‘Yes, yes, yes!’ That’s how I’ll explain the 100th episode. I’m like, ‘We’re doing what, they’re letting who do who? What, what?’ So it’s great. It’s exciting. It’s a celebration, definitely.”
Speaking of losing our minds, they spoke to Candice Accola, too.
“It’s interesting how their relationship built over the past couple of seasons, because it’s almost like she hated him so much that she didn’t know if she wanted to just grab him by the throat and throw him through a door, or just like kiss him,” Accola says. “I think that was the awesome tension that the fans really loved about their chemistry, because you just couldn’t tell — is she gonna smack him or throw her arms around him?”
“I’d love to come back,” Buzolic says. “If the opportunity to come back did present itself, I’d jump at it.”
Michael Trevino wouldn’t say specifically whether or not Tyler will make it back for the episode, but he does offer hope to all the fans who are crossing their fingers for returning favorites:
“I’ve heard there might be some familiar faces in the 100th episode,” Trevino says. “I mean, that’s a milestone! You would try to incorporate as many people as you can. And as you know on ‘The Vampire Diaries,’ nobody’s really dead. People are ghosts, there’s flashbacks, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw people from the past.”
The Hollywood Reporter spoke with a whole bunch of people, including Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Kevin Williamson, and Julie Plec, about the early days of the show and reaching this milestone:
WILLIAMSON: I had been telling Julie that I wanted to do 24. If we do a slow, melodramatic soap opera about vampires, it’s going to be boring. The audience is going to be jumping ahead so fast. They’re texting while they’re watching your TV show. You’ve got to give them a twist, a turn. The end of season one was a shining moment, when Katherine showed up and cut off Uncle John Gilbert’s fingers. My dad called up afterward and said, “That might be the best damn cliff-hanger I’ve ever seen.”
They also talked to Julie about 7 Things That Almost Changed the Series:
“No disrespect to Fell’s Church, but it felt very based in religion and spirituality, and we knew we didn’t want the show to be the kind of vampire show that’s just about heaven and hell and demons and the devil and God — that kind of thing,” Plec says. Interestingly, there was no story behind the name Mystic Falls: “We changed the name of the town arbitrarily.”
E!Online spoke with Julie about the saddest death, biggest twist, and more.
“Oh my god. For me, personally and on the show emotionally, it’s Alaric. Matt [Davis] is one of my favorites and it was really sad to see him go. It was really emotional for everyone to shoot as well because it felt like they were all standing there in that cemetery saying goodbye to him. It’s something no one really wanted to do, no one wanted to say goodbye to Alaric. It was right for the story, right for the character, and that one is always going to hurt my heart a little bit. But I love all my deaths equally.”
Last but not least, Buzzfeed lists their take on TVD’s 17 Most Shocking Moments.
Tomorrow’s the big day: the 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511). Let’s kick off with a “Thank You TVD Fans!” video from the cast, shall we?
No, guys – thank you.
TV Line has this epic look back at favorite moments from the first 99 episodes of The Vampire Diaries, featuring the show’s cast, guest stars, and producers. Beware: You will shed a tear or two while flipping through this gallery. Here’s what Kat Graham has to say about hitting 100 eps:
“I didn’t think I was going to make it past the pilot. I thought I would have been recast or something. I had shot five pilots before The Vampire Diaries and not one of them got picked up. So a 100th episode is, like, not real to me. It’s a beautiful, humbling experience, but I still can’t believe I’ve been on it this long. It’s great.”
So what can we expect from the epic 100th episode, anyway? Executive producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries gives some hints to Zap2It:
In addition to Katherine’s mortality drama, Dries emphasizes that the episode is for the fans in a lot of ways. “We for sure wanted it to be nostalgic. We wanted to make it for the fans who have been with the show from the beginning,” Dries tells us. “So they’ll get the references, specific scenes, and lines that we put in there as a love letter to the fans. It’s to show them how much we appreciate them. But it will be shocking and fun, also.”
Zap2It also has a heart-tugging thank you to fans courtesy of Matt Davis, whose Alaric Saltzman is still sorely missed:
When Zap2it caught up with Davis down in Atlanta during “The Vampire Diaries” 100th episode wrap party, he had a message for those dedicated fans. “I’d like to say to the fans, thank you. I love you. Alaric loves all of them,” Davis says with a smile. “It’s been this really wonderful experience for me as an actor to connect with the fans who have been so responsive to a character that I’ve been playing. Whenever Alaric comes back, whether he does or doesn’t in the future, it’s always fun for me because I know it’s a chance for me to reconnect with the fans who have been so generous and gracious.”
E!Online caught up with Ian Somerhalder to discuss his favorite TVD scene and the site reflects on Damon’s repertoire of killer one-liners (interview video at the link!):
So it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that Somerhalder’s favorite scene comes from The Vampire Diaries’ earlier run of episodes. “My favorite scene was Damon turning Vicki into a vampire and they’re dancing all around. It’s also never bad having Kayla Ewell in her underwear,” he spills.
And Nina Dobrev also sits down with E!Online to talk about the Stefan-Elena-Damon love triangle and to tease tomorrow night’s episode:
Thursday marks the 100th episode of the five-year-old, fan favorite series, and Dobrev teases that it’s “an episode that will not be forgotten.” “It makes a big splash,” she teases, “and it has a huge impact on the show and all the characters. And [for] me, because I’m weird and strange and I like all the quirky, strange, awkward things, I loved filming it because I got to do some really weird, strange things myself and experience things and it was really fun to shoot.”
The week has finally arrived! The 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511) airs this Thursday, January 23rd at 8/7, and the cast and current and late, lamented guest stars are chiming in on their favorite moments from the first 100 episodes of the show.
First up, TV Guide get Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley to talk about their favorite scenes from the first 100 episodes of TVD:
FAVORITE FLASHBACK ERA
Somerhalder: I kind of got [cheated] out of the ’20s, I would’ve loved that, but 1864 when Stefan and Damon were running around playing football just being young and happy and full of vitality and life it was good.
Wesley: I really liked the ’20s, but I also like the Civil War time. I thought that was really cool.
E!Online has a handful of fun videos featuring the cast’s reminiscing on early episodes and teasing this week’s milestone:
- Our Vampire Diaries 100th Episode Countdown Begins! Candice Accola and Kat Graham Look Back on the Pilot and Eluding Death
- Vampire Diaries Stars Dish on Their Favorite Scenes—and Crash Each Other’s Interviews!
The CW has released a webclip for the 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511), which will air on Thursday, January 23rd.
- I know Ian says in the caption that he’s having a glass of wine, but it looks a lot like blood to me. [Instagram]
- Ian Somerhalder attended the Critics’ Choice Awards last night. [The CW]
- Claire Holt is in the Just Jared Spotlight of the Week. [JustJared]
- Nina Dobrev is included in E!’s look at where Degrassi alums are now. [E! Online]
- Nina looked great on the red carpet of the The Art Of Elysium’s Heaven Gala. [Daily Mail]
- Nina and Paul Wesley both attended the InStyle and Warner Bros. Post Golden Globes Party. [JustJared]
- Ian Somerhalder attended the TCA panel for Years of Living Dangerously, the Showtime documentary he’s a part of. [Zap2It]
- Sara Canning’s movie, I Put a Hit On You, will debut at the Slamdance Festival on January 18th. The “dark romantic comedy” also stars Aaron Ashmore. [THR]
Miss a post this week?
- Official Stills for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- Vampire Diaries In Review: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510) – Devil Inside
- The Originals In Review: The Casket Girls (EP110) – That’s Enough of You
- Nathan Parsons Cast as Werewolf on The Originals
- Webclip for The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111) (VIDEO)
- Julie Plec & Michael Narducci Preview The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (VIDEO)
- L.J. Smith to continue her version of The Vampire Diaries through Kindle Worlds
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: Apres Moi, Le Déluge (EP111)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Short Promo for The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111) (VIDEO)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – The Casket Girls (EP110)
- Charles Michael Davis Teases Marcel & Davina, Rebekah, & More at E!Online
- Full Set of New The Originals Cast Promo Pics
- Julie Plec & Cast on the Women of The Originals Fighting Back + TV Guide Showrunner Survey
- TONIGHT – The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110) Airs at 8/7c
- Zap2it Talks Marcel with Charles M. Davis + Leah Pipes Interview (VIDEO) via Alloy Entertainment
- Official Stills for The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111)
- Official Stills for The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- Previously on The Originals: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109)
Last night’s People’s Choice Awards yielded a handful of riches for The Vampire Diaries and The Originals. Miss the show? You can check out highlights below and a HUGE congrats to Joseph, Ian and Nina on their wins! Pat yourselves on the back, TVD and Originals fans.
First up, Joseph Morgan won for Favorite Actor in a New TV Series and was presented his award on the PCA red carpet before the show.
Joseph also introduced One Republic with Pretty Little Liars star Lucy Hale.
And Ian Somerhalder was also presented with an award on the pre-show red carpet: Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor.
And finally, Ian and Nina Dobrev took home the PCA for Favorite On-Screen Chemistry and gave what might have been the funniest and most charming acceptance speech of the night. (And Malin Ackerman may have given the most unique pronunciation of Ian’s name we’ve ever heard.)
- I’m pretty jealous of Steven McQueen hanging out with Gary Oldman. [McQueeninchains]
- Looks like Kat Graham got a new furry friend for Hanukkah, courtesy of her fiance. [katgrahampics]
- Kat talked to Just Jared about a broad range of topics, including on set pranks, her wedding, and her celebrity crush. [JustJared]
- Kat and her fiance rang the bell at the NASDAQ MarketSite. [Zimbio]
- DoSomething.org put Ian Somerhalder on their list of Top 20 Celebs Gone Good of 2013. [dosomething.org]
- Not even a cheese hat can dampen Charles Michael Davis’ smolder. [charlesmd]
- E! News named Paul Wesley their Hottie of the Year. [ENews]
- Daniel Gillies talked to Huffington Post Canada about season 3 of Saving Hope and also answers a couple questions about The Originals. [HuffPo]
- Happy New Year from Joseph Morgan & Persia White. [JosephMorgan]
- Leah Pipes stuns in the current issue of Glamoholic. [Glamoholic.com]
- Taylor Kinney’s new film, The Other Woman, has a new trailer. It stars Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, and Kate Upton. [YouTube]
Miss a post over the holidays?
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- TVGN to Air The Originals Marathon on Sat, January 11th
- Official Stills for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- TONIGHT – Vampire Diaries: The Cell (EP509 Encore) Airs at 8/7c
- Mid-season Poll: Favorite Episode of The Vampire Diaries Season 5 (So Far)?
- Mid-season Poll: What’s Your Favorite Episode of The Originals Season 1 (So Far)?
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- Enter the CW’s #PickMeTVD Contest! (VIDEO)
- There are few things I love more than a sexy guy reading a book. Thanks for tweeting this Trevino photo, McQueen! [McQueeninchains]
- Dr. Wes, Rick Cosnett, shared this great behind-the-scenes photo with Ian Somerhalder & Candice Accola. [RickCosnett]
- Joseph Morgan announced via Twitter that his movie, Armistice, will hit VOD on January 7th & theaters on January 31st. [JosephMorgan]
- Kat Graham talked to Life & Style Magazine about having a “very LA” wedding. [Life & Style]
If seeing the faces of the TVD cast on animated elf bodies twerking sounds hilarious, CW Seed has a video for you. [CW Seed]
- A deluxe edition of Sara Canning’s film, Black Field, is now available. [saradjcanning]
- You can pre-order a copy of Annex Man Magazine with Ian Somerhalder on the cover at their website. [Annex Man]
- CW Seed has a video clip about Ian’s personal style & his appearance in Annex Man. [CW Seed]
- A donation of $19 through Crowdrise to ISF gets you entered to win a MacBook Air. [Crowdrise]
- Nina Dobrev tweeted a photo of herself and her mother at the White House. [ninadobrev]
Miss a post this week?
- This photo of Joseph Morgan is hilarious and I would like to thank Persia White for making it happen. [JosephMorgan]
- The CW has scheduled Malese Jow’s new show, Star-Crossed, to debut on February 17th at 8 pm Eastern. The plot is centered on an alien/human romance. [Variety]
- A donation to the Ian Somerhalder Foundation could get you a follow from Ian on Twitter! [Crowdrise]
- HuffPo has a look at Ian on the cover of Annex Man Magazine. [Huffington Post]
- Sara Canning’s short film, Corvus, is now on iTunes. [saradjcanning]
- Every time The Fray’s music is used on TVD, it makes me cry because its always in a heartbreaking scene. Fortunately the band is making up for all my tears with a new music video starring Candice Accola. [Zap2It]
- Nina Dobrev & Kat Graham walked the red carpet at the TrevorLIVE event in Los Angeles. [JustJared]
- Its not every day you see someone order at In-N-Out while wearing couture, but Nina Dobrev couldn’t resist hitting the fast food place with Julie Plec & Caroline Dries while wearing Ellie Saab. [WhoSay]
- While at the event, Nina talked to E! about her own experience with bullying & why she supports the Trevor Project. [E!]
- Maniac Magazine has a behind the scenes shot of Joseph Morgan shooting the cover for their Men’s Issue. [ManiacMagazine]
Miss a post this week?
- Episode Downloads for The Vampire Diaries: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510)
- TV Line’s TVD: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510) Post-Mortem with Caroline Dries
- Complete Songlist for The Vampire Diaries: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510)
- Extended Promo for 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- Short Promo for 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- Reaction Post & Poll: Vampire Diaries – Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510)
- More TVD: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510) Teases from Caroline Dries (Round-Up)
- TONIGHT – The Vampire Diaries: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510) Airs at 8/7c
- Caroline Dries Previews the TVD Mid-Season Finale at TV Guide
- The Originals In Review: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109) – Exquisite Pain
- Previously On The Vampire Diaries: The Cell (EP509)
- Candice Accola on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (VIDEO)
- TV Fanatic Exclusive Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510)
- Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510)
- John Copeman & Nina Dobrev Talk TVD Doppelfights via EW
- Claire Holt shared this photo of herself and Daniel Gillies. [MissClaireHolt]
- The Hollywood Reporter named Daniella Pineda as part of their “Young Hispanic Hollywood Class of 2013.” [THR]
- Maybe it’s not news, but you should see Ian Somerhalder’s adorable puppies. [Instagram]
- Professor Shane, aka David Alpay, has been cast in a dystopian pilot for Lifetime. [Deadline]
- ClevverTV played a little game of “Who Said It?” with the cast on the red carpet at the 100th episode party. [YouTube]
- Gird your loins and protect your ovaries before you look at this photo Paul Wesley tweeted of himself and his nephew. [paulwesley]
- Torrey DeVitto shared her pet adoption story as party of The Shelter Pet Project’s ad campaign. [The Shelter Pet Project]
- Paul Wesley tweeted that he’s working with Mobio, and you can submit questions for him at the link he provided. [paulwesley]
- Kat Graham looked great at an event for Make-A-Wish. [KatGraham]
Miss a post the last few weeks?
- Episode Downloads for The Vampire Diaries: The Cell (EP509)
- Complete Songlist for The Vampire Diaries: The Cell (EP509)
- Extended Promo for The Vampire Diaries: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510 – Mid-Season Finale)
- Short Promo for The Vampire Diaries: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510 – Mid-Season Finale)
- Reaction Post & Poll: Vampire Diaries – The Cell (EP509)
- Previously on The Vampire Diaries: Dead Man on Campus (EP508)
- TONIGHT – The Vampire Diaries: The Cell (EP509) Airs at 8/7c
- New Image from Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510) via TV Guide + Set Visit Interviews via TV Fanatic
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109)
- The Originals Casts Elyse Levesque + Daniella Pineda Talks Sophie’s Future
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- The Originals Returns January 14, 2014 (VIDEO)
- Danielle Campbell Talks The Originals Mid-Season Finale with Zap2it (VIDEO)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109)
- Previously on The Originals: The River in Reverse (EP108)
- TONIGHT – The Originals: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109) Airs at 8/7c
- Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: The Cell (EP509)
- The Originals In Review: The River in Reverse (EP108) – How Positively Biblical
- Vampire Diaries In Review: Dead Man on Campus (EP508) – Never Surrender
- Webclip for The Originals: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109)
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: The River in Reverse (EP108)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: The River in Reverse (EP108)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109)
- Short Promo for The Originals: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – The River in Reverse (EP108)
- The Originals Roundup: Set Visit, New Orleans, & More
- The Originals Cast Talks Filming in New Orleans (VIDEO)
- Previously On The Originals: Bloodletting (EP107)
- TONIGHT – The Originals: The River in Reverse (EP108) Airs at 8/7c
- Second Webclip for The Originals: The River in Reverse (EP108)
- Exclusive Webclip for The Originals: The River in Reverse (EP108) at TVLine