Ian Somerhalder is giving lots of thought -and lucky for us, lots of interviews!- about what’s going on in Damon’s mind as Season 3 takes off. The quote below comes from an interesting interview with TV Line.
Elena’s a very strong-willed young individual. Elena’s going to do whatever Elena wants to do. She’s very persuasive, and I mean that in the most positive of senses. He’s going to try and help her in any way he can. He truly wants to be able to help her. He wants her to be happy. There’s nothing Damon won’t do for Elena’s happiness.
Ian also voices thoughts on Ripper Stefan, Damon and Alaric, and the infamous kiss at the end of season 2.
MTV Hollywood Crush caught up with Ian Somerhalder at the Emmy Awards last weekend for this video interview about Damon’s state of mind in season three. Watch to see what he says about being a hero, his feelings toward Klaus – and who might be returning.
Get More: Music News
How is Damon Salvatore feeling these days? TV Guide has the answer. They spoke with Ian Somerhalder recently and the verdict is in: Damon is one unhappy camper right now.
2. He doesn’t want to save the day. Although Damon would do anything to protect Elena and Stefan (and maybe a few others), he does not want to be the resident hero. “He just never saw his life going down this road,” Somerhalder says. “He’s the anti-hero and even though he’s supposed to take on this role he doesn’t want it.”
Want to know more about what Damon is feeling and whether or not Ian thinks Damon and Elena are destined for a happily ever after? READ THE REST AT TV GUIDE.
We’ve got our first glimpse of the promised 1920s flashback, as well as many glimpses of Stefan and Klaus drinking, in a new set of stills released from this season’s third episode, The End of the Affair. Take a gander below at Stefan in a retro tux – you’re welcome – and then head over to KSite TV for the rest of the images.
UPDATE: Have added HQ stills, courtesy of Vampire Diaries Web!
And also thanks to NDN, here’s Ian Somerhalder presenting the Outstanding Directing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Series EMMY alongside Lea Michele.
And an FYI if you missed the EMMY broadcast: A clip from The Vampire Diaries was featured in the Drama montage! It was the scene when Katherine tells Damon she never loved him. Cool stuff.
Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev walked the red carpet at tonight’s 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards, looking classically stunning in a black tuxedo and red Donna Karan gown, respectively. Ian will be presenting an award later tonight, so it’s not too late to tune in to FOX if you want to see him. (Click to see bigger versions in the Gallery.)
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks. Please insert theme song by Explosions in the Sky here and enjoy.
- Check out the video above to get your daily dose of Malese Jow!
- 10 hottest guys of fall? Don’t mind if we do.
- Candice Accola’s movie The Truth About Angels is coming out on DVD.
- This fan wrote a song in support of ISF. Way to go Camilla!
- Need 5 reasons why The Vampire Diaries is the best show on TV? Ology has you covered!
- Nina Dobrev will be in Canada for Much Music’s We Day event at the end of the month.
- Kat Graham does amazing things with her hair.
- Ian Somerhalder talks to TakePart about how he tries to live his environmentalism.
- Malese Jow’s first episode of Big Time Rush will air on Saturday, September 24.
- Take a look at Kat Graham on the cover of Neux magazine.
Now that The Birthday has aired, The Hollywood Reporter brings us an interview with Ian Somerhalder about what’s coming up for his character as well as some of the things Ian would like to do in his own life. Ian thinks the character of Damon is definitely evolving:
Kevin Williamson drilled it into my head that Damon’s not a two-dimensional character. Like the lives that we live; we change everyday and so does this character. This is a hundred-episode arc of this man. To keep the stories connected you have to pull from your life past, present and future.
And would he ever want to direct?
Beyond the shadow of a doubt. I aim to direct as much as I act at some point in time. To be honest with you, when I have a lot more experience under my belt and get a little older, I do want to slow down and have a family and do my whole thing. You spend enough time on set as an actor and it’s great when a director was at some point an actor or understands acting. They’re able to finesse performances out of you that a lot directors can’t get.
Elena’s party didn’t turn out quite the way Caroline hoped, did it? We know what Damon got her, but would would the actors have given Elena for her birthday? Hollywood Crush caught up with The Vampire Diaries cast at the CW Fall Premiere Party to ask.