The CW has posted two more in its series of video interviews with its stars, leading up to the fall season. Our first today is with Zach Roerig, otherwise known as Matt on The Vampire Diaries, which will have its season five premiere on Thursday, October 3 at 8/7c:
And we also have Daniella Pineda, a.k.a. Sophie of The Originals, which premieres on Thursday, October 3 at 9/8c before moving to its regular Tuesday time slot. (The network hasn’t put this video on YouTube yet, so apologies if you can’t see it in your country!)
Between San Diego Comic-Con, TCA, and general summer distractions, some things inevitably fall through the cracks, so let’s catch up on some news and interviews we’ve missed in the past week or two. And never fear: Things will be gearing back up soon, as we’re only about seven weeks away from the joint premiere night for The Vampire Diaries and The Originals on the CW on October 3rd at 8/7c and 9/8c, respectively. (The Originals will then move to its normal Tuesday timeslot.)
- Julie Plec on Syncing Up THE VAMPIRE DIARIES and THE ORIGINALS, and Retelling THE ORIGINALS’ Backdoor Pilot [Give Me My Remote]
- Moving On Out! Claire Holt Reflects on Transitioning From THE VAMPIRE DIARIES to THE ORIGINALS [The TV Addict]
- THE ORIGINALS: Joseph Morgan on the ‘Incredibly Rewarding Opportunity’ to Further Explore Klaus [Give Me My Remote]
- The Originals Scoop: All My Children Star Cast as Wild and Sexy Witch Leader [E!Online]
- The Showrunner Chronicles: Julie Plec Talks THE ORIGINALS and THE VAMPIRE DIARIES [The TV Addict]
- ‘Vampire Diaries’: Kat Graham on Bonnie’s Costly Sacrifice and Season 5 Hints (Video) [The Hollywood Reporter]
Some of you TVD fans may already be heading back to school or getting ready for college, and you won’t be alone! Hollywood Crush has an interview with Julie Plec with some hints about the upcoming fifth season of The Vampire Diaries. Julie talks about Elena and Caroline’s new dorm room, a little about Whitmore College itself, and what frame of mind the girls are in as the season opens.
“They’re really committed to enjoying life and enjoying college and being college freshmen,” Julie said. It’s a good plan—too bad it’s not going to work. “Of course things will go instantly, terribly wrong, because that’s what always happens, but they remain committed to trying to have a true college experience and it bonds them in a really good way.”
There are also a few hints about Caroline and Elena’s love lives and a new face to watch for!
The clock is ticking down towards the season premiere of The Originals. To help tide you over, The CW has a new interview with Leah Pipes, who plays bartender Cami.
Lots of news coming out of Comic-Con 2013 about the upcoming season 5 of The Vampire Diaries and the series premiere of The Originals – it’s the perfect antidote to the hiatus blues. In case you missed it, yesterday we posted new sizzle reels from The Vampire Diaries and The Originals. Today we have all kinds of goodies for you, and we’ll be adding to this post as more information becomes available.
All posts may contain hints, teases and spoilers, click at your own risk.
The Vampire Diaries
- Comic-Con 2013: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Live-Blog [HitFix]
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES at Comic-Con: Live-Blog [Give Me My Remote]
- Comic-Con 2013: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ panel returns and fans scream [Zap2it]
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ At Comic-Con: Silas, ‘Delena’ & More Season 5 Scoop [Hollywood Life]
- Comic-Con: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Cast, Producers Tease Season 5 [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Comic-Con: The Vampire Diaries Heads to College! [TV Guide]
- Vampire Diaries @ Comic-Con: Power-Hungry ‘Stefan,’ Happy (?) Delena, a Bigger Bad and More [TVLine]
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ stars answer your questions at Comic-Con — VIDEO [Entertainment Weekly]
- Comic-Con: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Readies For Season 5, 100th Episode & The College Years (Video) [Deadline]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ at Comic-Con: The cast on Elena and Damon, the big 100th episode, and college plans [Entertainment Weekly]
- The Vampire Diaries at Comic-Con: The Stars and Executive Producer Tease Season 5 [Screenfad]
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES at Comic-Con: Check Out Photos From the Panel and Signing [Give Me My Remote]
- ‘The Originals’ panel takes a bite out of Comic-Con 2013 [Zap2it]
- Comic-Con: ‘The Originals’ Boss Reveals Fall Premiere Details and Series Hopes [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Is The Originals ’10 Times Sexier’ Than Vampire Diaries? Plus: Co-Stars’ ‘Awkward’ Hand-holding! (VIDEO) [TVLine]
- Is There Hope for Klaroline on The Originals? [TV Guide]
- Joseph Morgan Teases The Originals: What Kind of Father Will Klaus Be? (Video) [TV Fanatic]
Entertainment Tonight Online interviewed Leah Pipes about her role in Lifetime’s Jodi Arias movie, but they also took some time to discuss her upcoming role on The Originals.
ETonline: As the lone human in this world, how long do you think she could or should stay in the dark?
Pipes: Yeah, it’s like Cammy and the tourists wearing fannypacks … and they’re all definitely going to die, so it’ll just be me [laughs]. As of now, she’s working at a bar, owned by Sophie, who is a witch. So I can see them having a friendship. She also seems to be creating a friendship with Klaus and it sounds like Marcel is trying to groom her to be his queen; I don’t know if someone will spill the beans or she will put two and two together, but she has no human friends, it can’t take that long!
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks.
- Nina Dobrev & Julie Plec attended a wedding over the weekend and Nina offered up this adorable photo! [Nina Dobrev on WhoSay]
- Paul Wesley reunited with his The O.C. co-star Ben McKenzie and the resulting photo went viral on Twitter. (Or perhaps I’m just following a lot of O.C. fans.) [HuffingtonPost]
- Retailer ShopGhost has an interview with the beautiful Phoebe Tonkin, along with some fantastic summer photos of the Aussie actress. [ShopGhost]
- Ian Somerhalder met up with Dr. Who actor Noel Clarke, and tweeted a link to a great photo of the pair. [Instagram]
- Kat Graham and Paul Wesley made an appearance at the Stella Artois Suite at the Cannes Film Festival. [The Gossip Girls]
- Nina Dobrev offers up a few sneak peeks of her Cosmo photo shoot over on her WhoSay account. [WhoSay]
- Yahoo! offers us a look at Candice Accola’s new photoshoot for Midori. Nice to see Candice loves JT as much as I do. [Yahoo!]
- Kat Graham looked stunning in an orange gown on the red carpet for Only God Forgives at the Cannes Film Festival. [Teen Daily]
- Miss Graham also appeared at the amFar Cinema Against Aids Gala while in Cannes. [Zimbio]
First up, Alloy Entertainment interviewed Charles Michael Davis, who plays Marcel on The Originals. We love Marcel, so we’re excited at the prospect of learning more about him once the season starts.
Alloy Entertainment: Will we get glimpses into Marcel’s past at all?
Charles Michael Davis: You’ll definitely learn more about how he got to this point in his life. He was a street rat, kind of came from nothing, and he’s crafty. And so I think we’re going to discover firsthand what that experience was like for Marcel — of growing up on the streets of New Orleans and making that turn; of becoming confident and transitioning from an Aladdin life into a leadership role.
Zap2it caught up with The Originals‘ Phoebe Tonkin, who had some things to say about her character’s plotline (spoiler alert for The Originals, EP420) and also wanted to say something about a popular pairing:
“Can I go, first, on the record, and say Team Klaroline,” she says. “Please. I’m on the team. I’m on the team!”
Hollywood Crush interviewed Joseph Morgan and Daniel Gillies on the topic of possible flashbacks on the new series.
A couple more post-mortems for you, this time from Entertainment Weekly and TV Guide. Julie Plec answers questions about the season four finale and what might be up next for season five. Lots of Katherine-related Q&A in these, enjoy!
Spoiler alert for Graduation (EP423).
I think we’ll be seeing a bit more of Katherine. As always, we have to be careful with overworking the hardest-working woman in show business, Nina Dobrev. There’s so much fun to be had with seeing this nasty, manipulative, fearless, undefeatable Katherine suddenly finding herself vulnerable, killable. It may be time to pay some of the price for all the crappy things she’s done to other people over the last 500 years.
Can you imagine a time Elena and Katherine could ever find common ground?
Plec: You know I actually think that if they ever sat down and had a bottle of wine and a bag of chips they’d probably realize they have a lot more in common than they think. But they have a lot of hate and bitterness and altogether bad blood there so it might take a couple of bags of chips and a case of wine.
On The Originals front, the upcoming series made ET‘s list of 10 Most Promising New Fall TV Shows! The nod also included special praise for Charles Michael Davis as Marcel:
Unlike all the other entries this year, we’ve already seen an episode of The Originals since The CW tested it out with a backdoor pilot episode of TVD. Not only did the familiar faces dazzle in this new setting, but Charles Michael Davis is a star-in-the-making and a ferocious foe for Klaus to tangle with.
WARNING: If you have not watched last night’s Vampire Diaries season finale yet, do not click as spoilers and speculation galore await beyond.
E!Online and Zap2It talked with Julie Plec about the various threads resolved and presented in the finale and what that means as we head into Season 5 (!!!).
We’ve just gotten started talking about season five, but one of the things we’re talking about is definitely learning more about the history of the Salvatore family. I would say that at this point the things we don’t know yet are fair game.
It’s been a rough few years for Damon when it comes to his love life — but Julie tells us it’s finally time for him to have some legitimate joy in his life. “Yes. Absolutely,” she says. “We’re going to get to see Damon trying to be a good boyfriend, and while it’s not going to be easy, he’s going to try like hell to make it work, and they’re going to have a real opportunity for happiness.”