The CW has released the official synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: My Brother’s Keeper (EP407), airing Thursday, November 29th at 8/7c. Highlight for spoilers:
THE MISS MYSTIC FALLS PAGEANT — Caroline (Candice Accola) does her best to be there for Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) in a tough time. Damon (Ian Somerhalder) tries to convince Stefan to help him uncover Prof. Shane’s (guest star David Alpay) motives, but Stefan is intent on carrying out a different plan with Klaus (Joseph Morgan). At the annual Miss Mystic Falls Pageant, Elena and Caroline give April (guest star Grace Phipps) advice on which dress to wear, while Tyler (Michael Trevino) and Hayley (guest star Phoebe Tonkin) work together on a secret project, and Damon confronts Prof. Shane with his suspicions. Alarmed by the vivid nightmares he’s having, Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) turns to Matt (Zach Roerig) for help, but the situation escalates sooner than anyone expected. Olympic Gold Medalist Gabrielle Douglas also makes an appearance.
The episode was written by Caroline Dries and Elisabeth R. Finch and directed by Jeffrey Hunt.
The CW has released the official synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: Bringing Out The Dead (EP313), airing Thursday, February 2nd. Highlight for spoilers or head over to the Episode Index:
A FAMILY DINNER — Sheriff Forbes (Marguerite MacIntyre) delivers some disturbing news to Alaric (Matt Davis) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) about the weapon used in a recent murder. In the Salvatore brothers’ escalating quest to kill Klaus (Joseph Morgan), Stefan (Paul Wesley) turns to Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Abby (guest star Persia White), while Damon (Ian Somerhalder) reaches out to an old acquaintance for help in setting up an elaborate plan. Intent on a plan of his own, Klaus hosts a strange dinner party, where he reveals another story from his family’s violent past until an unexpected guest brings the party to an end. Meanwhile, Caroline (Candice Accola) is heartbroken when she is unable to stop a tragedy from unfolding. Zach Roerig also stars.
The episode was directed by Jeffrey Hunt and written by Turi Meyer & Al Septien.
We posted this info on Twitter last week, but there will be no new episode of TVD on Thursday, January 26th. The CW will be airing the film The Covenant.
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks. Please insert theme song by Explosions in the Sky here and enjoy.
- The video above is Paul Wesley talking about his support for The Trevor Project at Trevor Live earlier this week.
- Here’s a picture of Paul and Torrey DeVitto at Trevor Live.
- Here’s another one!
- Okay, maybe just one more.
- Kat Graham tweeted this pic of some wardrobe difficulties she was having.
- Caroline Dries co-wrote a novel!
- Ian Somerhalder and Kat Graham are hosting The Ripple Effect charity event on December 10th.
- Nina Dobrev was keeping mostly mum on set recently.
- Jeffrey Hunt needs to be veeerrry careful when giving direction to certain TVD cast members.
- We hope Nina doesn’t kill him though because he’s great at tweeting pictures like this one.
- …but if she did kill him, at least she cleaned up afterwards.
- Julie Plec and Nina Dobrev at the same table…we can almost HEAR them plotting.
- How Ian Somerhalder celebrates his birthday.
- Arielle Kebeel is looking beautiful on the set of All American Rejects.
- Al Septien tweeted this behind the scenes photo with himself, Zach Roerig, and Turi Meyer.
- And this one, with Claire Holt.
- Michael Trevino turned up on Monday night to help Steve Aoki celebrate his 34th birthday.
- Why you should be watching The Vampire Diaries….we know, we know, choir, preaching, etc.
- Want to see more Claire Holt? Check out Blue Like Jazz!
- Behind the scenes video from Ian’s Flaunt Magazine shoot.
- As awesome as this is, we really hope Paul Wesley doesn’t quit his day job!
- Check out this list of sexy moments from season three…is your favorite here?
- Black leather birthday greetings never go out of style, if it’s Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder holding the sign. Happy Birthday, Lauren!
- Interesting article about soundtracking TV shows.
- What does Ian Somerhalder watch on TV?
- 10 Best Red Carpet Dresses of 2011? We knew Nina Dobrev would be on that one. Gorgeous!
- Take a peek at what Andrew Chambliss has been up to.
- Arielle Kebbel and Julie Plec are heading to the ATX Festival.
- You know, we really can’t argue with this one.
- Earlier this week, Daniel Gillies tweeted some wonderful, exciting news for Broken Kingdom!
We’re closing this week’s FNB with a special shout out to some of the TVD extras. Actors Joshua Haire, Ashlyn Henson and Justin Greer (aka Jimmy, Mason Lockwood’s unfortunate Floridian pal) have been hard at work on an independent film called All Hallows Evil: Lord Of The Harvest. Check out the teaser trailer below!
We know you’re getting restless for the return of The Vampire Diaries, but TV Guide Magazine comes to the rescue with a brief preview of what we can expect starting Thursday, January 5th with The New Deal (EP310). Here’s a taster from the article (which also mentions Torrey DeVitto‘s upcoming arc and The Vampire Diaries coming in at #4 in the magazine’s Fan Favorites poll) via Julie Plec (out of respect for the UK viewers getting Homecoming next Tuesday, we’ll put it behind a spoiler block):
“Mystic Falls is in the hands of Klaus. Stefan and Klaus want to destroy each other, but they’re unwilling to face the consequences if things go wrong. It is a Mexican standoff.”
The piece also touches on what to expect with Elena, Tyler and Caroline, Alaric, and Bonnie and features a new episode still of Damon and Elena. Pick up the December 8-15 issue (Fan Favorite winner Community on the over) at your local newsstand. Thanks to Denise for the article!
If you’re keeping track, these are post-hiatus episode titles we know so far: The New Deal (EP310), Our Town (EP311), and thanks to director Jeffrey Hunt, we know he’s handling Bringing Out The Dead (EP313). (Speaking of, he’s tweeting from the TVD set, so follow him on Twitter: @HuntVision.)
UPDATE: And we can now confirm that EP312 is titled The Ties That Bind.