TV Guide has a new interview with Joseph Morgan, who talks about Klaus’ relationship with Marcel on The Originals.
“There’s a lot of history and love in the past,” Morgan tells TVGuide.com in the video interview below. “Coming back to New Orleans and trying to kick him off the throne, [Klaus] has mixed feelings about the whole thing. That’s what allows them to have this heart-to-heart with undercurrents of, ‘I kind of want to kill you.’”
On the Vampire Diaries front, TV Fanatic has a video interview with Kendrick Sampson, who will be playing Jesse on The Vampire Diaries.
- Todd Stashwick shared this adorable photo from the set of The Originals with Leah Pipes & Joseph Morgan. [Twitter]
- Paul Wesley made an appearance at last weekend’s Mayweather vs. Alvarez Showtime party. [Zimbio]
- E! named Charles Michael Davis one of their Fall TV Crushes & got him to fill out a personality quiz. Please note, my love for him was cemented by his admission to a crush on Aunt Becky from Full House. [E! Online]
- Kat Graham looked great in a little black dress at Audi and Altuzarra’s Primetime Emmy Awards Week 2013 Kick-Off Party. [Zimbio]
- Candice Accola will be narrating the audiobook for Kami Garcia’s Unbreakable, a paranormal thriller. Garcia is the co-author of the bestselling Beautiful Creatures series. [EW]
- The Originals Comic-Con panel is free on iTunes. [iTunes]
- Nina Dobrev was named “Sexiest Style” on this years “The 2013 What is Sexy?” list by Victoria’s Secret. [Victoria's Secret]
- Kat Graham talked to MTV about the must-haves for fall fashion this year. [MTV]
- Lauren Cohen is in the October issue of Maxim. Looking good, Rose. [E!Online]
- To celebrate her birthday, Kat Graham is raising money for the UNHCR. The UNHCR helps refugees around the world. [YouTube] [Donate at UNHCR.org]
- We told you last week that Michael Trevino would be narrating the audiobook for Saving Raphael Santiago by Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan. MTV has an excerpt and interview with Trevino and you can now buy the audiobook from Audible/Amazon. [MTV] [Amazon]
- Rob Pralgo, the late Mayor Lockwood, wants your FB likes for his new movie, The Morningside Monster. [Facebook]
- Sara Canning is featured on the cover of the latest Impress Magazine. There’s also a video of her photo shoot. [Impress-mag] [YouTube]
The flashbacks are coming, the flashbacks are coming! Entertainment Weekly has an exclusive new still from the second episode of The Originals, titled House Of The Rising Son (EP102).
This time we’re going back to the 1800s, and from the looks of things Klaus wasn’t any mellower back then. The accompanying article also has some hints about the episode. Is it October yet?!
The episode, titled “House of the Rising Son,” finds Rebekah (Claire Holt) arriving in New Orleans at the insistence of good brother Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and worrying that bad brother Klaus is up to no good. Klaus, of course, is scheming against his former-protégé-turned-rival Marcel for control of the French Quarter in the present day, and Marcel has his own dangerous plan afoot.
The CW has posted another Originals promo interview, this time with Joseph Morgan. He discusses the single biggest question heading into The Originals Season 1 (premiering October 3): How will Klaus come to terms with being a father?
Having a rough Monday? These ought to cheer you up! Zap2it has some new pics from The Originals. There are pictures of individual characters and a couple group shots. Each picture is accompanied by a few little tidbits about the upcoming series. We can’t wait!
- The TVD official Twitter shared this great photo of the beautiful Nina Dobrev. [cwtvd]
- The Hollywood Reporter included Joseph Morgan & Phoebe Tonkin in their gallery of Fall TV’s Biggest Stars. [Morgan] [Tonkin]
- Ian Somerhalder shared a selfie from the set. [iansomerhalder]
- Ian also talked to Conde Nast about his foundation. [cntraveler]
- Kat Graham made an appearance at the Made In America Festival. [Just Jared]
- Kat also added some new tour dates on her official website. [KatGraham.com]
- Ms. Graham also shared her new cover for Zink Magazine. [katgrahampics]
- Tribute.ca interviewed the lovely Sara Canning on the set of her new movie, The Right Kind of Wrong, which premieres at the Toronto International Film Festival. [Tribute.ca]
- Torrey DeVitto is sharing pics from her trip to Africa for the Road to Hope documentary we told you about last week. [tordevitto]
- Cynthia Addai-Robinson, who played Aja in “Graduation,” has scored a new role on Arrow. She’ll play Amanda Waller, who runs the very interestingly named Suicide Squad. Here’s hoping she gets to keep her head this time. [TVGuide] [Gif courtesy of Tumblr]
E!Online has our first look at the October 3rd premiere of The Originals. Looks like we can expect flashbacks and the return of a gone-too-soon guest star.
With flashbacks playing such a major role on The Vampire Diaries, fans can expect to see even more on The Originals given the fact that Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah have clocked some thousand years. “I’ve read the first two scripts and I am just so excited. They both feature elements of flashback,” Morgan recently told us. “They’re both really on a larger scale. This is a war we’re building toward.”
Want to learn more about The Originals and the relationship and rivalry between Joseph Morgan‘s Klaus and Charles Michael Davis‘s Marcel? Check out this delightful TV Guide video interview with the two actors from a recent set visit for a taste of the dynamic we’ll be seeing between these two each week.
“You’re not going to love to hate him; you’re going to love to love him!” star Charles Michael Davis tells TVGuide.com in the video below of his character Marcel.
“He’s so popular,” Morgan adds. “Marcel has a legion. I love his introduction when we come in the bar and he’s singing, everyone’s cheering and Klaus just stands in the back like, ‘What the?’”
We are so close to the return of The Vampire Diaries and the premiere of The Originals! Here’s another Originals promo from the CW, this time with some extra Marcel action. Don’t miss the premiere on Thursday, October 3 at 9/8c! (The show will move to its regular time slot of Tuesdays at 8/7c starting October 8th.)