Eager for more of Klaus and Cami’s interactions? Watch this TV Guide exclusive webclip from next week’s episode, Girl in New Orleans (EP104).
Joseph Morgan recently spoke with TV Guide about the battle – or game – between Klaus and his former protege:
“It’s going to be harder to pull the wool over Marcel’s eyes, but that’s what makes it interesting because there’s this game between the two of them,” Morgan says. “They really don’t trust each other, and they’re really sussing each other up. But there are still moments where the cards are laid on the table and then they go back to playing the game. Klaus is going to have to constantly understand that Marcel does know what’s going on and change accordingly.”
He also talks a bit about Klaus’s relationships with his siblings, so make sure you check out the whole thing!
- Julie Plec talked to The Hollywood Reporter about vampires and the horror genre. [THR]
- Todd Stashwick of The Originals is multi-talented! You can check out his comic, Devil Inside, on his website. [ToddStashwick.com]
- Joseph Morgan’s film, Open Grave, has been picked up for distribution and will come out this December. [ThePlaylist]
- Congrats to Arielle Kebbel, who has been cast in an apocalyptic pilot for Amazon Studios called The After. [Deadline]
- Ian Somerhalder is the current coverboy for ICON Magazine. [TheIconMag]
- Nina Dobrev posted this adorable photo of Ian Somerhalder’s dog, Nietzsche, and her new puppies. [WhoSay]
- Ian offered another aww-inducing look at the pups. [Instagram]
- Nathaniel Buzolic will be returning to your screens on Pretty Little Liars during the upcoming winter season. [ET Online]
- Yahoo! Music has an exclusive look at Kat Graham’s new video for “Power.” [Yahoo! Music]
- Looks like Daniel Gillies & Rachel Leigh Cook have revealed the name of their new baby daughter. We welcome our new empress, Charlotte Easton Gillies. [E! Online]
- Sara Canning, along with co-star Ryan Kwanten, talked to Moviefone about their movie, The Right Kind of Wrong. [Moviefone]
- Joseph Morgan talked to TV Guide about the television shows he loves. [TV Guide]
Miss a post this week?
- Episode Downloads for Vampire Diaries: True Lies (EP502)
- Extended Promo for The Vampire Diaries: Original Sin (EP503)
- Complete Songlist for The Vampire Diaries: True Lies (EP502)
- Zap2It’s First Look at The Originals: Girl in New Orleans (EP104)
- Short Promo For Vampire Diaries: Original Sin (EP503)
- Two More Kat Graham Interviews via KTLA & THR + The Vampire Diaries Bite from TV Guide
- Reaction Post & Poll: Vampire Diaries – True Lies (EP502)
- The CW Orders More Scripts for The Originals
- TONIGHT – Vampire Diaries: True Lies (EP502) Airs at 8/7c
- Kat Graham Discusses Bonnie’s Death with Zap2it, TV Fanatic & Alloy
- First Stills for The Vampire Diaries: Monster’s Ball (EP505)
- Webclip #3 for The Vampire Diaries: True Lies (EP502)
- The Originals In Review: House of the Rising Son (EP102) – Time to Fight
- Previously On The Vampire Diaries: I Know What You Did Last Summer (EP501)
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: Sinners and Saints (EP105)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: Monster’s Ball (EP505)
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: House of the Rising Son (EP102)
- Webclip for The Originals: Tangled Up in Blue (EP103)
- Michael Malarkey Cast as Enzo on The Vampire Diaries
- Extended Promo for The Originals: Tangled Up in Blue (EP103)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: House of the Rising Son (EP102)
- Short Promo for The Originals: Tangled Up in Blue (EP103)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – House of the Rising Son (EP102)
- Leah Pipes Talks The Originals with ETOnline
- The Originals: House of the Rising Son Previews with Joseph Morgan, Phoebe Tonkin and Charles Michael Davis (VIDEO)
- Charles Michael Davis Talks to Hero Complex About Marcel’s Goals
- TONIGHT – The Originals: House of the Rising Son (EP102) Airs at 8/7c
- Claire Holt on Klaus & Rebekah’s Reunion & More at The Hollywood Reporter
- Charles Michael Davis Talks Marcel’s Relationships with TV Guide
- Previously On The Originals: Always and Forever (EP101)
- Another webclip from True Lies (EP502) (VIDEO)
- TVD Rehash with Arielle Kebbel: I Know What You Did Last Summer (EP501)
- TV Line’s Exclusive Vampire Diaries Webclip from True Lies (EP502) (VIDEO)
- Vampire Diaries In Review: I Know What You Did Last Summer (EP501) – Just Act Normal
- Webclip for The Originals: House of the Rising Son (EP102)
Looking for a little taster of what’s to come in House of the Rising Son (EP102) at 8/7c tonight? Joseph Morgan talks about Klaus, family, New Orleans, and how alcohol is an excellent bargaining chip.
- Joseph Morgan tweeted this great photo of himself and Daniel Gillies during the premier of The Originals. [Twitter]
- Huge congratulations and best wishes go out to Daniel Gillies and his wife, Rachel Leigh Cook, on the birth of their daughter this week. I may never get over his announcement tweet. [E! Online]
- Also welcoming a new little one this week were Alice Evans (Esther Mikaelson) and her husband Ioan Gruffudd. Welcome, Elsie! [TV Guide]
- Meanwhile, Ian Somerhalder is going to be a grandpa? A doggie grandpa anyway. Congrats to Ian & Nietzsche. [Instagram]
- Hollywood Crush made Charles Michael Davis their Hump Day Hottie. Related: They have great taste this week. [Hollywood Crush]
- You can help out ISF while you shop online, according to Ian Somerhalder. [Twitter]
- Sara Canning has signed on to Canadian medical drama, Remedy. She’ll join Dylan Casey, Sarah Allen, and Keith Mars himself, Enrico Colantoni. [Shaw Media]
- Zooey Magazine offered a sneak peek of Claire Holt in their Fall 2013 issue. [Facebook]
- Claire also showed off some fall fashion and selected some favorite pieces for Who What Wear. I’m coveting that floral romper already. [Who What Wear]
- Nina Dobrev and Kat Graham played the Entertainment Weekly newlywed game. [Entertainment Weekly]
Miss a post this week?
- The Originals In Review: Always and Forever (EP101) – A Sentimental Fool
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: Always and Forever (EP101)
- Episode Downloads for The Vampire Diaries: I Know What You Did Last Summer (EP501)
- Official Stills for The Vampire Diaries: For Whom the Bell Tolls (EP504)
- More Stills for The Originals: Tangled Up in Blue (EP103)
- Extended Promo for The Vampire Diaries: True Lies (EP502)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: Always and Forever (EP101)
- Complete Songlist for The Vampire Diaries: I Know What You Did Last Summer (EP501)
- Season Preview for The Originals
- Short Promo for Vampire Diaries: True Lies (EP502)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – Always and Forever (EP101 – Season Premiere)
- Reaction Post & Poll: Vampire Diaries – I Know What You Did Last Summer (EP501 – Season Premiere)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: For Whom the Bell Tolls (EP504)
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: Girl in New Orleans (EP104)
- Ian Somerhalder Talks TVD Season 5 with LA Times Showtracker
- The Originals: Late Afternoon Round-Up
- Daniel Gillies on Spinoffs and Saucy Scenes via Sugarscape + Charles M. Davis Fun Facts from Zap2it
- TONIGHT – The Originals: Always and Forever (EP101 – Series Premiere!) Airs at 9/8c
- TVD Guest Star Olga Fonda Talks Nadia with Extra (VIDEO)
- TONIGHT – Vampire Diaries: I Know What You Did Last Summer (EP501 – Season Premiere!) Airs at 8/7c
- TVD & The Originals Early Afternoon Interview & Preview Round-Up
- New TVD Season 5 Damon Poster via Official TVD Facebook
- The Originals: Interview & Preview Round-Up
- Candice Accola on College & Caroline’s Love Life at TVLine & THR
- Phoebe Tonkin Talks Hayley, Family & Diapers with Access Hollywood
- First Stills From The Originals: Tangled Up In Blue (EP103) via E!Online
- Ian Somerhalder Talks “Darker” TVD at ET Online + New Katherine Poster
- Parade Q&A with Charles Michael Davis + Ian & Joseph Interviews (VIDEO)
- Claire Holt on Rebekah, Sexy Times with Matt & The Originals via ET Online
- Candice Accola on College Caroline via Alloy Entertainment & TV Fanatic
- New Elena Poster, TVD Goes to College + Damon’s Best Insults
- Joseph Morgan & Charles Michael Davis Talk Klaus & Marcel via TVLine
- Previously On The Originals…
- Previously On The Vampire Diaries: Graduation (EP423)
- TV Fanatic Q&A with Daniel Gillies: The Originals Are “Looking to Build an Empire”
- Associated Press Interview with Joseph Morgan (VIDEO)
- Paul Wesley Talks TVD Season 5 with TV Guide: “[Stefan is] definitely a different man.” (VIDEO)
- Vampire Diaries Season 4 Hits U.S. Netflix This Thursday, October 3
- New Silas (Yep, Silas) Poster via Official TVD Facebook
- ET Online Chats with Steven R. McQueen about Jeremy, Bonnie & TVD Season 5
- People’s Choice Sneak Peek at The Originals: Exclusive Behind the Scenes Photo
- New Bonnie & Stefan Posters via Official TVD Facebook
- Phoebe Tonkin on Hayley, The Originals & The Fans via ETonline
- Joseph Morgan on HuffPost Live (VIDEO)
- TVLine’s Exclusive New Webclip from The Originals Season Premiere (VIDEO)
- New Caroline, Jeremy & Matt Season 5 Promo Posters via Official TVD Facebook
- Another Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: I Know What You Did Last Summer (EP501)
- Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: I Know What You Did Last Summer (EP501)
- Friday Night Bites, Sept 21 – 27: Red Carpet Fashion
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: Tangled Up in Blue (EP103)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: Original Sin (EP503)
- Official Stills for The Vampire Diaries: Original Sin (EP503)
- Julie Plec Talks The Originals & the Challenges of a TVD Spinoff with EW
Is everybody okay? We’re down to the wire before the return of The Vampire Diaries and the debut of The Originals. If you’re looking for ways to pass the time, we’ve got a crowd of new interviews, hints, and goodies for you. Enjoy!
Last season fans tuned in to the heart-pounding backdoor pilot for The Originals, where we were transported to the dark and dangerous vampire playground of New Orleans. The werewolves are gone, the witches are being kept on magical lockdown, and only the elite are allowed to walk in the daylight. There are strict rules in New Orleans and unless you’re willing to face a fate worse than death, we highly suggest you mind Marcel’s wishes. He won’t tell you twice.
Got it? Great. Now please excuse us while we gush over the many, many reasons that you need to tune in to the series premiere of this deliciously dark drama tonight at 9 p.m.
Hollywood Crush: ‘The Originals’ Premiere: 6 Things To Expect
2. Flashbacks. Because there’s got to be a quick, accessible way for all the non-”TVD” viewers out there to absorb the show’s mythology (again, who are these people?), the first episode comes complete with flashbacks to the origin of the Mikaelson family’s supernatural abilities, and how, exactly, they wound up in New Orleans. You know what that means! Awww yeah, flashback hair.
Somehow, the show operates with the panache and swagger of a more captivating series, making up with smoldering stares what it lacks in snappy dialogue. Every scene is ominous and sexually charged, and everyone seems as likely to stab each other as they are to kiss each other. (Both of those things are very likely at all times.) The gore works well, be it the gurgling sounds of a freshly slit throat or the borderline campiness of a human heart positioned stylishly on a cobblestone street.
[Complex] Aside from a bottle of red, what’s a night out with Phoebe Tonkin like?
Phoebe Tonkin: I enjoy staying home with friends more than going out. The other night, for example, my girlfriends and I stayed in listening to some ’90s rap—my favorite kind. We were in the Hamptons and made it an all-Biggie weekend, all of his albums on repeat. I loved it.
Of the home of the Saints, Claire says, “Oh my god, I loved it. I didn’t shoot any of my stuff there, I just went down there for a photo shoot. Phoebe [Tonkin] and I were just running around.” The city has more to offer than Mardi Gras, like food! She continues, “It was really fun. I hope we get to shoot some exteriors there.”
“We’re going to see him reveling a little more. He came in with one purpose to Mystic Falls– to break that curse– and then you know he stuck around, but he was very malevolent and very kind of malicious, and I think we’re going to see him enjoying his true nature [here] as well as struggling with the idea of being an expectant father. That’s a whole other can of worms!” Morgan said.
HAPPY SERIES PREMIERE DAY! The Originals: Always and Forever (EP101) airs TONIGHT at 9/8c after the Season 5 premiere of The Vampire Diaries. Lots of interviews and such hitting the web today, so quick hits:
“Klaus is an anti-hero. He’s an antagonist. He’s always going to have that edge. That idea that no matter how good he is, he can always just mess it up for himself.”
So he won’t be selling Girl Scout cookies?
“I mean, maybe poisonous Girl Scout cookies,” Morgan says with a sneaky smile. “To girl scouts.”
The Associated Press (via Huffington Post) – ‘The Originals’ Premiere: Joseph Morgan On Klaus’ Weakness And His Fanboy Side:
AP: Klaus was a big deal on “The Vampire Diaries.” He was talked about before he showed up on the show. Did you realize how important the role was to the story?
Morgan: I thought about like, ‘You know, maybe he should have a different name like they could call him like William or something.’ And then I looked up (the character) online and I was like, ‘Oh, no. This is already an established thing. We can’t go changing this.’
The Hollywood Reporter – ‘The Originals’ Preview: Charles Michael Davis on Marcel’s Kryptonite and Klaus’ Nightmare
How much more of Marcel’s background or journey can you reveal?
[Executive producer] Julie [Plec] laid it out in a way where all the regulars are connected in ways that we didn’t really imagine. She told us at our first table read, “All right, this is what’s going on with you and you …” We’re like, “That’s really detailed, that’s intricate, that’s deep.” Deep in the sense that you get a good feeling of it. Plus, in The Originals, being alive for a few thousand years, it’s a small world. All the characters have crossed paths. Given the fact that Marcel runs New Orleans, I’m sure he has relationships with everybody in that city.
As seen in the premiere, Sophie (Daniella Pineda) is the witch embroiled in the battle between Klaus and Marcel. And now that she’s gotten mixed up in Hayley’s baby drama, she probably wishes she’d never gotten involved. “She was never terribly invested in all of this and it’s all come down on her [since Marcel killed her sister],” Pineda says. “She’s under a terrible amount of pressure, but she’s being so careful and she’s so calculating that even though she’s terrified, she’s not going to show it. She’s also more powerful than people think.”
And here’s a super-fun piece from Entertainment Weekly: ‘The Originals’ star Joseph Morgan steals from EW offices.
Parade talked with Charles Michael Davis about tomorrow night’s series premiere of The Originals, the relationship between Klaus and Marcel, potential romances, power, and thoughts on his character:
Marcel is the fun guy—but there’s an edge to him that we’ll see. How did you go about creating the character?
For sure he has an edge. He has a certain moral code, and high standards. So I looked for people that were fun, but you could see that in them. For me, Tupac was one of my main inspirations—watching his evolution, growing up, going to art school, then going to Oakland. And Marcel’s very business-minded, so I looked at Jay-Z and his books. He just thinks differently. I pulled a little bit of DMX, you can hear it in his voice. And I watched a lot of Training Day. I felt like Marcel is like always manipulating. With fear, with charm. He’s not apologizing for anything to Klaus. He’s so honest, but it’s a way of baiting him and manipulating him. I love that slyness, that subterfuge.
You mentioned a lot of hip-hop.
It’s my favorite Pandora station.
We’re blogging these two videos because we love Ian Somerhalder and Joseph Morgan. Too bad we feel the opposite about the questions and the interviewers.
This TVLine interview with Joseph Morgan and Charles Michael Davis had us chuckling. These two may be facing off on-screen, but off camera they’re a lot of fun together.
TVLINE | What’s your favorite thing about the other’s character?
DAVIS | His sly sense of humor. The power that he still carries. That’s the thing that I love about having his character in my scenes. For me, it’s like showing off for your cool friend. You want to show them what cool things you’ve got, too, and take it away. “Look at my toy! It’s mine!”
MORGAN | I like the showmanship in Marcel. Even in the pilot, just before he goes into the square and executes that witch, Jane Ann, he says, “Showtime!” There’s loads more of that. That’s what I love about this series – you’re seeing characters reveling in their nature and being vampires.
Joseph Morgan sits down with the Associated Press to talk The Originals, and more specifically the challenges the spinoff faces as it establishes itself as a separate show from The Vampire Diaries.