- The TVD official Twitter shared this great photo of the beautiful Nina Dobrev. [cwtvd]
- The Hollywood Reporter included Joseph Morgan & Phoebe Tonkin in their gallery of Fall TV’s Biggest Stars. [Morgan] [Tonkin]
- Ian Somerhalder shared a selfie from the set. [iansomerhalder]
- Ian also talked to Conde Nast about his foundation. [cntraveler]
- Kat Graham made an appearance at the Made In America Festival. [Just Jared]
- Kat also added some new tour dates on her official website. [KatGraham.com]
- Ms. Graham also shared her new cover for Zink Magazine. [katgrahampics]
- Tribute.ca interviewed the lovely Sara Canning on the set of her new movie, The Right Kind of Wrong, which premieres at the Toronto International Film Festival. [Tribute.ca]
- Torrey DeVitto is sharing pics from her trip to Africa for the Road to Hope documentary we told you about last week. [tordevitto]
- Cynthia Addai-Robinson, who played Aja in “Graduation,” has scored a new role on Arrow. She’ll play Amanda Waller, who runs the very interestingly named Suicide Squad. Here’s hoping she gets to keep her head this time. [TVGuide] [Gif courtesy of Tumblr]
E!Online has our first look at the October 3rd premiere of The Originals. Looks like we can expect flashbacks and the return of a gone-too-soon guest star.
With flashbacks playing such a major role on The Vampire Diaries, fans can expect to see even more on The Originals given the fact that Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah have clocked some thousand years. “I’ve read the first two scripts and I am just so excited. They both feature elements of flashback,” Morgan recently told us. “They’re both really on a larger scale. This is a war we’re building toward.”
Want to learn more about The Originals and the relationship and rivalry between Joseph Morgan‘s Klaus and Charles Michael Davis‘s Marcel? Check out this delightful TV Guide video interview with the two actors from a recent set visit for a taste of the dynamic we’ll be seeing between these two each week.
“You’re not going to love to hate him; you’re going to love to love him!” star Charles Michael Davis tells TVGuide.com in the video below of his character Marcel.
“He’s so popular,” Morgan adds. “Marcel has a legion. I love his introduction when we come in the bar and he’s singing, everyone’s cheering and Klaus just stands in the back like, ‘What the?’”
We are so close to the return of The Vampire Diaries and the premiere of The Originals! Here’s another Originals promo from the CW, this time with some extra Marcel action. Don’t miss the premiere on Thursday, October 3 at 9/8c! (The show will move to its regular time slot of Tuesdays at 8/7c starting October 8th.)
The CW has released season one key art for The Originals, which will premiere on October 3rd at 9/8c before moving to its normal Tuesday timeslot. Click on the small version below to see the full-sized image in our gallery! That’s . . . quite some decorating Marcel is doing there, isn’t it now?
- It’s well known that Ian Somerhalder is an animal lover, and he proved it once again, tweeting about rescuing an adorable pup, pictured above. [iansomerhalder]
- Ian is also representing the Sierra Club in the #STARTARYOT Challenge. [CrowdRise]
- Dawn Olivieri is participating in the #STARTARYOT Challenge, as well, and representing Best Friends Animal Society. [CrowdRise]
- Claire Holt talked to Interview about “10 Things She Can’t Live Without.” [Interview]
- SpoilerTV has some previously unseen cast promotional photos for season 4 of TVD. [SpoilerTV]
- The official show Twitter offered us an awesome photo of Paul Wesley. Is that Stefan or Silas, though?!? [cwtvd]
- Paul just wrapped filming on the film, “Sam & Amira,” where he’s costarring with Martin Starr & Dina Shihabi. There is no release date set for the film yet. [The Wrap]
- David Alpay has been added as a guest at Insurgence 5.5. He joins Nathaniel Buzolic on the guest list for this November convention in the UK. [Rogue Events]
- Steven R. McQueen tweeted a video of himself singing he called “Late Night Jamming.” So multi-talented, that McQueen. [McQueeninchains]
- Kat Graham is making a video for her single, “Power,” and she wants your lip synch videos. [KatGraham]
Between San Diego Comic-Con, TCA, and general summer distractions, some things inevitably fall through the cracks, so let’s catch up on some news and interviews we’ve missed in the past week or two. And never fear: Things will be gearing back up soon, as we’re only about seven weeks away from the joint premiere night for The Vampire Diaries and The Originals on the CW on October 3rd at 8/7c and 9/8c, respectively. (The Originals will then move to its normal Tuesday timeslot.)
- Julie Plec on Syncing Up THE VAMPIRE DIARIES and THE ORIGINALS, and Retelling THE ORIGINALS’ Backdoor Pilot [Give Me My Remote]
- Moving On Out! Claire Holt Reflects on Transitioning From THE VAMPIRE DIARIES to THE ORIGINALS [The TV Addict]
- THE ORIGINALS: Joseph Morgan on the ‘Incredibly Rewarding Opportunity’ to Further Explore Klaus [Give Me My Remote]
- The Originals Scoop: All My Children Star Cast as Wild and Sexy Witch Leader [E!Online]
- The Showrunner Chronicles: Julie Plec Talks THE ORIGINALS and THE VAMPIRE DIARIES [The TV Addict]
- ‘Vampire Diaries’: Kat Graham on Bonnie’s Costly Sacrifice and Season 5 Hints (Video) [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Nina Dobrev is a funny lady, as demonstrated by her shared photo above. [Nina Dobrev on WhoSay]
- The official Twitter account for Ian Somerhalder’s new film, The Anomaly, tweeted a photo of Ian in character. The movie is set to be released next year. [The Anomaly]
- Ian shared a short but cute video of himself filming in Damon’s Camaro. [iansomerhalder]
- Nina Dobrev is Cosmo’s September cover girl and, in true Nina style, she looks amazing. [Cosmopolitan]
- Nina Dobrev shared a photo from behind the scenes of her Cosmo cover shoot. [Instagram]
- Joseph Morgan did a shoot for Bello‘s October issue and the magazine has given us a handsome sneak peek. [Bello]
- Kat Graham has launched her own website! Looks like a great place to get info on all things Kat straight from the lady herself. [KatGraham]
- Did you know Bonnie’s dad played six different Star Trek characters? Me neither! Rick Worthy talked to StarTrek.com about his work on the sci-fi series and offered a “stay tuned” when questioned about future appearances as Mr. Bennett. [StarTrek]
- Now that the Mystic Falls crew is back to filming, we can hopefully look forward to more photos like this one of the trio, shared by Ian Somerhalder. [Instagram]
- As if we weren’t swooning at his feet already, Phoebe Tonkin shared a video of Charles Michael Davis playing the piano. Every episode of The Originals should utilize this talent. [Instagram]
- Joseph Morgan’s film, Warhouse, has been renamed. It will now be released as Armistice. [JosephMorgan]
- Nina Dobrev looked fantastic in Versace as she picked up her Power of Youth Award from Variety. [Tom and Lorenzo]
- Kat Graham’s single, “Power,” is now available for download on iTunes. [KatGraham]
- Ian Somerhalder looked dapper in a three-piece suit on the red carpet for the Young Hollywood Awards. He was joined by my favorite hobbit, Meriadoc Brandybuck. [JustJared]
- You can still vote for TVD peeps for the Teen Choice Awards. [Teen Choice Awards]
There’s no rerun of The Vampire Diaries on the CW tonight, because they’re airing the Young Hollywood Awards. But you might want to tune in, because Ian Somerhalder is among the presenters! The ceremony and TV broadcast begin at 8/7c. Reruns return next Thursday, August 8th, with Down the Rabbit Hole (EP414).
In the meantime, let’s catch up on some of the coverage from the CW’s presentation at TCA press tour this week, which included a panel on The Originals!
- Deadline: TCA: CW’s ‘The Originals’ Is About “Embracing Vampirism” Says EP
- Give Me My Remote: The CW at TCA: Panel Photos for THE ORIGINALS, REIGN, THE TOMORROW PEOPLE, and WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY?
- Give Me My Remote: The CW at TCA: Party Photos!
- Give Me My Remote: THE ORIGINALS at TCA: Live-Blog
- HitFix: Press Tour: ‘The Originals’ stars talk vampire fatigue, mermaids
- The Hollywood Reporter: ‘The Originals’ Boss Targets Broader Audience for ‘Vampire Diaries’ Spinoff
- IGN: The Originals Embrace Their Vampirism
- TV Guide: The Originals Boss Julie Plec: We’re Reveling in Being Vampires