Tonight’s we’re skipping from last week’s The Sacrifice all the way up to episode 17, Know Thy Enemy. The good news: That means we’re getting close to the season three premiere on Thursday, September 15th! The bad news: Anyone watching for the first time will be really confused. (The rest of us can just continue to wonder why it’s not “Know Thine Enemy.”)
Episode refresher course:
- Reaction post & poll
- Complete songlist
- Discuss the episode
- Crissy Calhoun’s recap: Compelled to Betray
VOTE FOR VAMPIRE DIARIES & CAST IN THE TEEN CHOICE AWARDS!
Miss a post this week?
- Disc & Back Cover Art for The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Second Season
- TCA: CW President on Vampire Diaries Episode Order & More
- Ripping Open TVD: Katherine Happened
- Kat Graham Covers Fall 2011 Issue of Glitter Magazine
- Creation Entertainment Announces Ticket Prices for TVD Conventions in Nashville & Chicago
- Julie Plec Talks Ghosts, Friendship & Vampire Vacations
- TWoP Tubey Awards Finals, Round 2: New Vampire Diaries Noms!
- Paul Wesley Talks Evil Stefan with Hollywood Crush (VIDEO)
- Entertainment Weekly Comic Con Portrait Outtake of Paul, Nina & Ian
- Paul Wesley Talks Stefan, Klaus & Camaraderie (VIDEO)
- Friday Night Bites July 23-July 29: Fairy Tales, Film Festivals and Good Deeds
- Ian Somerhalder Foundation Announces “Empoweresque” Event
- Last Chance: Vote for Vampire Diaries & Cast in the Teen Choice Awards! (Vote Every Day)
- Official Release for Comic Con Sizzle Reel (with Season 3 Footage) + More Teases from EW
- Comic Con 2011: ThinkHero TV Interviews Joseph Morgan & Candice Accola (VIDEO)
THIS POST IS A STICKY. KEEP SCROLLING FOR MORE NEWS. Alright, Vampire Diaries fans, the time has come to put our votes in for our favorite episodes of Season 2. We ran one of these mid-season, prior to The Descent, with Masquerade, Rose, and Katerina handily winning the top three spots. Well, a lot happened following that mid-season break and this time we’re allowing you THREE votes for THREE episodes.
Let us know why they’re your favorites in the comments!
The Vampire Diaries is back! The first episode of The Klaus Chapter delivered diabolical double crosses galore and possibly the biggest shock since that neck-snapping action in the Season 2 premiere. (We still can’t get over that.) If you needed more than one viewing to keep everything straight, don’t feel bad – you weren’t the only one. If Know Thy Enemy is any indication, the next five episodes are going to be breakneck (pun shamelessly intended) and that means we ain’t seen nothing yet. Better open that tab at the Mystic Grill before Thursday night’s The Last Dance. (Make sure to join our PHILO Live Viewing Party!)
Think there are some clever recaps we should check out? Hit us up in the comments.
Featured in this installment: TV.com, TV Goodness, AOL TV Squad, Thomas Galvin, iphignia939, Entertainment OCD, Heroine TV, Off-Color TV, TV Overmind, Entertainment Weekly, Blast Magazine, The Salvatore Boarding House, The A.V. Club, L.A. Times, Television Without Pity, Pink Raygun, and our own Crissy Calhoun.
It’s back! The Vampire Diaries has returned to UK screens at long last! We feel it’s only fair to warn you that this episode is jam packed with action and info. You may even need to watch it twice to catch it all (good job we have ITV2+1, eh?).
This week sees the return of Twitter giveaways for UK fans – so make sure you’re following us (@tvdnews) if you want a chance to win. We’ve got two copies of the Vampire Diaries soundtracks courtesy of the awesome folks over at ITV2. We’re using the same format as we’ve done with the previous UK giveaways – one soundtrack for the best tweet using the #tvduk hashtag, and one for the first person who tweets us the answer to the trivia question we’ll post at the end of the episode. You don’t need to use the #tvduk hashtag for the trvia question, but you will need to keep a sharp eye on the little things in the episode, because that’s what the trivia question will be based on.
There’s plenty of time to still join in with the buzz following the episode after it aired in the US:
Tune in to ITV2 (and be sure to follow @itv2 on Twitter for some entertaining live-tweeting) at 9pm tonight to catch Know Thy Enemy, or catch it again at 10pm on ITV2+1. Still need to catch up on the previous episode? You can watch it on ITV Player, or download it in HQ from iTunes UK.
Entertainment Weekly‘s Mandi Bierly scored an awesome behind-the-scenes look at last week’s earth-rocking episode of The Vampire Diaries, Know Thy Enemy. She chats with Julie Plec about the ep’s big final minute twist (which we won’t get into specifics about to spare the eyes of international fans) and how the entire scenario emerged in the Writer’s Room (perhaps unsurprisingly, it was Kevin Williamson’s fault). She also answers the episode’s burning “Was she or wasn’t she?” question (re: Isobel) and dances around Uncle John’s ultimate fate. (We’ve spoiler-blocked the HUGE spoiler in the quote below, so beware hovering over it!)
“This is what [Kevin] always does,” Plec says. “He’ll just walk in the [writer’s] room one day, and out of nowhere be like,[spoiler] ‘What if Klaus takes over Alaric’s body in a blood transfusion spell?’[/spoiler] And we all kind of look at him, and our jaws fall to the ground, and then we’re like, ‘Yeah. Hell yeah. Absolutely. Why not?’ That’s the way that Kevin’s brain works. He’ll just pop in like, ‘What it Elena chops off John’s fingers, but it’s really Katherine?’ It’s magical, and so we always go for it when he pitches something that makes us speechless.”
Zap2It‘s Carina MacKenzie previewed this week’s episode, The Last Dance, and she’s warning fans to have the tissues at the ready. The Last Dance (EP218) airs this Thursday, April 14th at 8/7c. Again, we’ve spoiler-blocked!
Q: Are there any good Damon and Elena / Damon and Bonnie / Stefan and Caroline / Matt and Caroline / Jeremy and Bonnie scenes?
All of the above. This episode might be ‘shipper heaven. And yes, in the midst of a generally horrible evening, Damon and Elena do share one happy moment together. As for that slap from the promo… when you see why Elena is so devastated, you’ll understand her reaction.
[EDIT: Yes, there’s good stuff between Stefan and Elena too. That’s pretty much a given, right? [spoiler]She just moved into his house.[/spoiler]]
Zap2It also has more from Katerina Graham’s on-set video interview, this time concentrating purely on Kat’s career outside of Vampire Diaries and the charity organizations she supports.
She’s also supporting The Water Project and encouraging fans to help fund a well that will provide clean water to people who have previously gone without. She’s just over halfway to her goal of $5,000, so if you have the means and you’re interested in donating or learning more about the project, click here.
It’s back! And The Vampire Diaries is just as hellbent as ever on freaking us out with heartbreak, supernatural twists, and double crosses galore. It’s the beginning of the end of season 2, my friends.
The Vampire Diaries is back! And what an episode, right? Last night proved that we are in for a roller coaster ride as we approach the Season 2 finale, so spread the word that our show is kicking ass and taking names. After last night’s ep, we have FIVE back-to-back episodes until the finale on May 12th. According to TV by the Numbers, Know Thy Enemy clocked 2.75 million viewers last night.
The Vampire Diaries and Nikita each returned down a tenth with adults 18-49 from their last original episodes.
Unacceptable, you guys. Did you see what went down last night? That business was BANANAS. We know the hiatuses kill everyone (believe me, we know), but if your friends, followers, acquaintances, grandparents fell off over the month and a half break, you need to get them back on the bandwagon ASAP. And just to be clear, we’re positive the show is not in danger of cancellation right now, we just want the eyeballs this crazy goodness deserves, okay?
UPDATE: iTunes links now added!
Canadian fans: Watch the episode on the CTV website.
In case you missed ‘em:
- Reaction post & poll: Know Thy Enemy (EP217)
- Complete songlist for Know Thy Enemy (EP217)
- Extended promo for The Last Dance (EP218)
- Katerina Graham previews The Last Dance (EP218)
Courtesy of Chris Mollere, Vampire Diaries‘ music supervisor – follow him on Twitter!:
Songs listed in order of appearance.
This post is a sticky. Keep scrolling for more news.
The Godforsaken Hiatus is officially over, with an uninterrupted run right through to the finale. We’re heading into the Klaus Chapter now, and even though we won’t meet him for a couple more episodes yet, his presence is very much felt in Mystic Falls. Tonight John and Isobel are out to cause trouble, Bonnie, Damon and Jeremy are off on an adventure to find a way to help defeat Klaus, and Matt isn’t taking the news that his girlfriend is a vampire so well. Buckle in, people, it’s going to be a bumpy ride.
Watch and then swing by here to rate the new episode of The Vampire Diaries. Spoilers are welcome in the comments, though if you want some more in-depth discussion then head on over to the forums! (You’ll need to register, but it takes two seconds.)
You can also participate in the chatroom, and we have a channel specifically for discussing the episode live – just type /join #tvdlivechat when you’re in the main chatroom. You don’t need to be a member of the forums to join in, just choose your nickname and start chatting.
Quick guide to the poll options: We love it when Bonnie uses her magic for wonderment. 5 Leaves = LOVE. 1 Leaf = MEH.
And so The Klaus Chapter begins. The Vampire Diaries returns to the CW with all-new episodes at 8/7c and we’d be understating the case if we said fandom’s a bit excited. We are now heading into what is likely the most anticipated arc of episodes on the show to date – six weeks of struggle, strife, and sacrifice.
Stay tuned to the blog tomorrow for more details on how you can win a Vampire Diaries prize pack, courtesy of the CW! We’ll be giving these away to one lucky winner every week through the season finale.
Join the gang at The SBH as they begin a new round of #VDBingo – like regular bingo, but with fangs, doppelgangers, and awesomeness.
Do you Know Thy Enemy?
- Read the synopsis
- See episode stills
- Watch the extended promo + final six episodes promo
- Watch the webclip
Catch up on this past week’s posts:
- Candice & Katerina discuss Klaus & death coming to Mystic Falls
- Official synopsis for The Last Day (EP220)
- More episode stills for Klaus (EP219)
- L.A. Times: Julie Plec previews The Klaus Chapter
- The Vampire Diaries cast talks Twitter (video)
- TV Fanatic interview with Katerina Graham (video)
- Zap2It’s first look at Klaus (episode still)!
- Ian Somerhalder on Live with Regis & Kelly this Thursday, April 7th
- TV Fanatic interview with Paul Wesley
- Zap2It chats with Kat Graham + Access Hollywood & TV Guide interview with Candice Accola
- More episode stills from The Last Dance (EP218)
- Last unknown Season 2 episode title revealed (EP221) + speculation galore!
- Vampire Diaries cast members on MTV’s 10 on Top (video)
- Title revealed for the season finale (EP222)!
- New Zap2It & TV Fanatic video interview with Nina & Ian
- BuffyFest interview with writer Andrew Chambliss
- Title revealed for episode 20 + various Season 2 spoilers from Julie Plec
- More episode stills from Klaus (EP219)
- Vampire Stalkers & Canvas Warriors auction for Ian Somerhalder Foundation
- TVD music composer Michael Suby at WonderCon on Friday, April 1st!
- New Vampire Diaries promo poster: Born to die
- New Stefan & Damon Facebook promo videos
- TV Guide Magazine & Zap2It video interviews with Candice Accola
- New Vampire Diaries promo! Show returns Thursday with new episodes!
- EyeCon 2011: Ian Somerhalder’s inerview ith Vampire Support & his Q&A session (video)
- EyeCon 2011: Rob Pralgo’s Q&A (video)
- First episode still from Klaus (EP219)
- UK return date for The Vampire Diaries + Paul Wesley in TV Guide Magazine
- Official synopsis for Klaus (EP219)
- Entertainment Wekly’s exclusive stills & spoilers from The Last Dance (EP218)