The 2012 People’s Choice Awards may not air until January, but the voting is officially on! This is your official reminder that Vampire Diaries fandom needs to vote hard for our show and cast in this year’s People’s Choice Awards. The show airs LIVE on Wed., Jan. 11, 2012, 9-11pm ET on CBS and we want to see TVD on that ballot. We’re in the nomination phase now, where the top five official nominees (those listed) and write-in votes (more on that below) are voted on by fans and then whittled down to five official nominees in each category.
The top five in each category will become the official nominees and will be announced on November 8, 2011 at The Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills during the annual PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS press conference.
We’ve listed the official Vampire Diaries nominations below, as well as the categories that could definitely use some TVD love. REMEMBER: YOU CAN VOTE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU’D LIKE. Mobilize and get the word out, people! The show needs our votes!
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES IN FAVORITE NETWORK TV DRAMA
- IAN SOMERHALDER IN TV DRAMA ACTOR
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES IN FAVORITE SCI-FI/FANTASY TV SHOW
But your job is not done, fandom! You can write-in a nomination in each category, so let’s represent for the entire Vampire Diaries cast, shall we? All you have to do is click OTHER and type in the name of who you’re nominating. We’ve made it easy – just click each cast member below to go directly to their relevant category and write them in!
- NINA DOBREV AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTRESS
- PAUL WESLEY AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTOR
- CANDICE ACCOLA AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTRESS
- JOSEPH MORGAN AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTOR
- MICHAEL TREVINO AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTOR
- KAT GRAHAM AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTRESS
- ZACH ROERIG AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTOR
- STEVEN R. McQUEEN AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTOR
- MATT DAVIS AS FAVORITE TV DRAMA ACTOR
And we’d be remiss if we didn’t suggest that a certain coffin-ed Original deserves some People’s Choice representation, right?
Let’s do this.
AOL.TV has a preview of this week’s episode, Smells Like Teen Spirit (EP306). SPOILER WARNING: the cast does their very best to avoid spoilers (and they’re good at it!) but if you haven’t seen up through The Reckoning (EP305), think carefully before you click.
Hint: Turn your speakers up high, some of the actor interviews are on the quiet side.
Entertainment Weekly also has some exclusive pictures from Smells Like Teen Spirit, you can see them here. Is it Thursday yet?!
It’s getting spooky around here! Vampire Diaries Web has got some new pictures from Smells Like Teen Spirit (Ep 306) and Ghost World (Ep 307), and they’re rather intriguing. Take a look and see for yourself, but beware of spoilers, especially if you’ve only just started watching season 3!
Team Alaric, this is your lucky day! Jean Bentley at Aol TV interviewed Matt Davis, who had all kinds of interesting things to say about the character of Alaric and his relationships with the other characters, and where Matt Davis, as an actor, would like to go with Alaric in the future.
How is Alaric faring after Jenna’s death?
I think that he’s not looking back. He really wants to look forward and he really wants to turn his life around. He really wants to find his purpose again, and I think he wants to be the best mentor he can be for the kids.
As an actor, I’m really creatively connected to the developing relationship with Elena, as her mentor and as a parental figure. But not even a parental figure — [Alaric] thinks that because he’s a guardian, he has to be a parent. He’s got his own preconceived notions of what a good parent is, and he’s coming to terms with the fact that maybe he’s not a good parent traditionally.
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks. Please insert theme song by Explosions in the Sky here and enjoy.
Get More: Music News
- Nina Dobrev was in NYC for Project Pink earlier this week. Watch the video above or read more at Hollywood Crush.
- Some photos of Nina Dobrev from her appearance for Project Pink.
- A few fun facts about Ian Somerhalder.
- Matt Davis shared this cool behind-the-scenes pic, which he identifies as “Brunch at Alaric’s”.
- Ever wonder what our cast looked like in high school?
- Here’s a little more on Sara Canning’s Lifetime movie: Hunt for the I-5 Killer.
- Ian Somerhalder was honored at the Carmel Art and Film Festival for his environmental work.
- Saddle up for Sara Canning’s new Hallmark movie!
- Want to know a little bit more about Claire Holt? This will help.
- Ian Somerhalder is…well…er…there he is!
- Keep an eye out for Taylor Kinney in the upcoming Lifetime movie, Five.
- Jealous of Katherine’s lovely locks? Let Daniel Curet, head of TVD’s hair department, give you some tips!
- Behind-the-scenes videos from season 2 promotional shoot. Paul’s video is here, Nina’s is here and Ian’s is here.
- Looks like Chris Mollere got to spend some time in London!
- Teen.com has suddenly noticed that Steven R. McQueen is growing up.
- Do you know what Julie Plec’s favorite vampire stories are? Find out here!
TV Line scored some beautiful behind-the-scenes pictures from last night’s episode, Disturbing Behavior, including the shot below of Matt Davis and Ian Somerhalder. There are 8 more photos where this came from, so check out the entire set over on TV Line.
Alaric fans, rejoice! The Hollywood Reporter caught up with Matt Davis recently and got him to dish a bit on where Alaric’s at as Season 3 begins. Looks like that couch at the Gilbert House has been getting a lot of use. Matt also mentions a big ‘mystery character’ who will be showing up in a few weeks. Who do you think it will be? Give us your best guesses in the comments!
Television Without Pity has announced the winners of their Tubey Awards, and The Vampire Diaries (and especially Damon) cleaned up! Good job with the voting, folks. Here are the categories the show won:
Best Returning Show
Best Teen Show
Best Badass: Damon
Favorite Character: Damon
Best Scene-Stealing Supporting Character: Caroline
Best Season Finale
Best Almost-Romantic-But-Not-Quite Relationship: Damon and Elena
Best HoYay! Couple: Alaric and Damon
Best Single Line of Dialogue: “There’s no such thing as a bad idea — only poorly executed awesome ones.” – Damon
Additionally, The Vampire Diaries was the TWoP Staff Pick in the following categories:
Most Underrated Show
Best Unexpected Plot Twist: Katherine kills Caroline, making her a vampire so she can deliver a message for her.
We can never have too many photos of this gorgeous cast! In case you missed it, be sure to check out our first post of video and pics from the CW premiere party last night. Vampire Diaries Web has lots more photos from the CW Premiere Party red carpet, so head over there to check ’em out. Daniel Gillies Online also has some terrific photos. A selection of shots from the party itself are below. Click the images to see full-sized versions in the Gallery. (Sorry, if you tried to view this when we posted it earlier; our Gallery plug-in is on the fritz and we still haven’t figured it out. Hopefully we can fix it soon!)
If you’d like to read more about the event you can also find coverage here at the Hollywood Reporter.
Also added a few more shots of Michael Trevino on the ALMA Awards red carpet to the Gallery.
Tonight was the CW Premiere Party in Los Angeles and Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Joseph Morgan, Kat Graham, Zach Roerig, Candice Accola, Steven R. McQueen, Matt Davis, Michael Trevino, Nina Dobrev, and Daniel Gillies (!) were in attendance, along with Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson. Photos seem to be slow in coming but we’ve got a few goodies to share for the time being. First up, thanks to Candice Accola Web for the heads up on KTLA’s video interview with members of the Vampire Diaries cast. By the way, The Vampire Diaries premieres Thursday, September 15th, KTLA. ;)
And thanks so much to @JarettSays for permission to repost this Twitter snapshot of the new Vampire Diaries poster on display on the party: