The CW has shared a second webclip for tomorrow’s new episode of The Vampire Diaries, Rescue Me (EP517), featuring Damon drowning his sorrows – with the help of Matt and Tyler?!?! Enjoy!
E!Online has an exclusive new TVD webclip from Gone Girl (EP514), which airs Thursday, March 6 at 8/7c. Enjoy!
We’ve got The Originals tonight, but if you’re already thinking about The Vampire Diaries, here’s a peek at Thursday’s new episode, Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513).
OKAY? OKAY. If you’re jonesing for some insight and teases following last night’s epic 100th episode, behold! A list! Julie Plec talks about what went down in the 100th episode, how those events could reverberate throughout the rest of Season 5, and more.
OODLES OF SPOILERS AT THESE LINKS! Beware if you haven’t watched last night’s episode yet. But here’s a non-spoilery comment from Julie’s Q&A with The Hollywood Reporter:
We have a lot of stories to tell, which is the good news, so there doesn’t need to be an ultimate end date. I think we will keep going as long as we have good stories to tell and as long as people who work on the show want to stay with us and tell us good stories. When the stories start disintegrating into those pitches that we swore we’d never get to unless we were desperate, then we’ll try to wrap it up. But those decisions come with a lot of people’s input — a lot of people’s opinions so we shall see.
- THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Boss on Katherine’s Shocking Fate: Things Will Get Tricky (Q&A)
- TV LINE: Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on Caroline’s Surprise, Katherine’s Plan and Bonnie’s Future
- E!ONLINE: The Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec Dishes on 100th Episode Shockers (and Hookups!), Previews “Painful” Fallout
- ZAP2IT: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ 100th episode: Julie Plec breaks down the Klaroline hookup, Katherine’s sneaky twist and more
- TV GUIDE: Vampire Diaries’ Julie Plec on 100 Episodes, Crafty Katherine and Damon’s Downward Spiral
And here are a few leftover links TVD100 links from yesterday. First up, a must-read piece at Entertainment Weekly about TVD Writer’s Room debates, big and small:
The cure was something Plec and Williamson thought up before they even wrote one word of the series. When the decision was made to turn Elena, they knew they needed to be able to cure her. But four years later, they weren’t so sure she was the one they wanted to cure anymore. “When Kevin and I first started talking about it it was Elena, of course. And then it was Jose Molina, who was our writer during season 4 who said, ‘But if you start the season searching for a cure for Elena and then you end the season and you cure her, then isn’t that kind of a buzz kill because you accomplished the exact thing you set out to do and don’t you just generally want to twist that?’”
- BUZZFEED: “The Vampire Diaries” Welcomes Back A Familiar Face For The 100th Episode
- TV FANATIC: The Vampire Diaries Stars Celebrate 100 Episodes, Share Favorite Moments
More hints and cast reflections on TVD’s 100th episode. From what Kat Graham tells Zap2it, we’re in for something special.
“I definitely think the fans are going to lose their minds,” Graham tells Zap2it. “I think the fans are going to be in ecstasy when they watch it, and I don’t think I’ve ever used that word. There are some things that happen in the 100th episode that are going to make a couple people stand on their couches and scream at their TV, ‘Yes, yes, yes!’ That’s how I’ll explain the 100th episode. I’m like, ‘We’re doing what, they’re letting who do who? What, what?’ So it’s great. It’s exciting. It’s a celebration, definitely.”
Speaking of losing our minds, they spoke to Candice Accola, too.
“It’s interesting how their relationship built over the past couple of seasons, because it’s almost like she hated him so much that she didn’t know if she wanted to just grab him by the throat and throw him through a door, or just like kiss him,” Accola says. “I think that was the awesome tension that the fans really loved about their chemistry, because you just couldn’t tell — is she gonna smack him or throw her arms around him?”
“I’d love to come back,” Buzolic says. “If the opportunity to come back did present itself, I’d jump at it.”
Michael Trevino wouldn’t say specifically whether or not Tyler will make it back for the episode, but he does offer hope to all the fans who are crossing their fingers for returning favorites:
“I’ve heard there might be some familiar faces in the 100th episode,” Trevino says. “I mean, that’s a milestone! You would try to incorporate as many people as you can. And as you know on ‘The Vampire Diaries,’ nobody’s really dead. People are ghosts, there’s flashbacks, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw people from the past.”
The Hollywood Reporter spoke with a whole bunch of people, including Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Kevin Williamson, and Julie Plec, about the early days of the show and reaching this milestone:
WILLIAMSON: I had been telling Julie that I wanted to do 24. If we do a slow, melodramatic soap opera about vampires, it’s going to be boring. The audience is going to be jumping ahead so fast. They’re texting while they’re watching your TV show. You’ve got to give them a twist, a turn. The end of season one was a shining moment, when Katherine showed up and cut off Uncle John Gilbert’s fingers. My dad called up afterward and said, “That might be the best damn cliff-hanger I’ve ever seen.”
They also talked to Julie about 7 Things That Almost Changed the Series:
“No disrespect to Fell’s Church, but it felt very based in religion and spirituality, and we knew we didn’t want the show to be the kind of vampire show that’s just about heaven and hell and demons and the devil and God — that kind of thing,” Plec says. Interestingly, there was no story behind the name Mystic Falls: “We changed the name of the town arbitrarily.”
E!Online spoke with Julie about the saddest death, biggest twist, and more.
“Oh my god. For me, personally and on the show emotionally, it’s Alaric. Matt [Davis] is one of my favorites and it was really sad to see him go. It was really emotional for everyone to shoot as well because it felt like they were all standing there in that cemetery saying goodbye to him. It’s something no one really wanted to do, no one wanted to say goodbye to Alaric. It was right for the story, right for the character, and that one is always going to hurt my heart a little bit. But I love all my deaths equally.”
Last but not least, Buzzfeed lists their take on TVD’s 17 Most Shocking Moments.
Tomorrow’s the big day: the 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511). Let’s kick off with a “Thank You TVD Fans!” video from the cast, shall we?
No, guys – thank you.
TV Line has this epic look back at favorite moments from the first 99 episodes of The Vampire Diaries, featuring the show’s cast, guest stars, and producers. Beware: You will shed a tear or two while flipping through this gallery. Here’s what Kat Graham has to say about hitting 100 eps:
“I didn’t think I was going to make it past the pilot. I thought I would have been recast or something. I had shot five pilots before The Vampire Diaries and not one of them got picked up. So a 100th episode is, like, not real to me. It’s a beautiful, humbling experience, but I still can’t believe I’ve been on it this long. It’s great.”
So what can we expect from the epic 100th episode, anyway? Executive producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries gives some hints to Zap2It:
In addition to Katherine’s mortality drama, Dries emphasizes that the episode is for the fans in a lot of ways. “We for sure wanted it to be nostalgic. We wanted to make it for the fans who have been with the show from the beginning,” Dries tells us. “So they’ll get the references, specific scenes, and lines that we put in there as a love letter to the fans. It’s to show them how much we appreciate them. But it will be shocking and fun, also.”
Zap2It also has a heart-tugging thank you to fans courtesy of Matt Davis, whose Alaric Saltzman is still sorely missed:
When Zap2it caught up with Davis down in Atlanta during “The Vampire Diaries” 100th episode wrap party, he had a message for those dedicated fans. “I’d like to say to the fans, thank you. I love you. Alaric loves all of them,” Davis says with a smile. “It’s been this really wonderful experience for me as an actor to connect with the fans who have been so responsive to a character that I’ve been playing. Whenever Alaric comes back, whether he does or doesn’t in the future, it’s always fun for me because I know it’s a chance for me to reconnect with the fans who have been so generous and gracious.”
E!Online caught up with Ian Somerhalder to discuss his favorite TVD scene and the site reflects on Damon’s repertoire of killer one-liners (interview video at the link!):
So it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that Somerhalder’s favorite scene comes from The Vampire Diaries’ earlier run of episodes. “My favorite scene was Damon turning Vicki into a vampire and they’re dancing all around. It’s also never bad having Kayla Ewell in her underwear,” he spills.
And Nina Dobrev also sits down with E!Online to talk about the Stefan-Elena-Damon love triangle and to tease tomorrow night’s episode:
Thursday marks the 100th episode of the five-year-old, fan favorite series, and Dobrev teases that it’s “an episode that will not be forgotten.” “It makes a big splash,” she teases, “and it has a huge impact on the show and all the characters. And [for] me, because I’m weird and strange and I like all the quirky, strange, awkward things, I loved filming it because I got to do some really weird, strange things myself and experience things and it was really fun to shoot.”
The week has finally arrived! The 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511) airs this Thursday, January 23rd at 8/7, and the cast and current and late, lamented guest stars are chiming in on their favorite moments from the first 100 episodes of the show.
First up, TV Guide get Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley to talk about their favorite scenes from the first 100 episodes of TVD:
FAVORITE FLASHBACK ERA
Somerhalder: I kind of got [cheated] out of the ’20s, I would’ve loved that, but 1864 when Stefan and Damon were running around playing football just being young and happy and full of vitality and life it was good.
Wesley: I really liked the ’20s, but I also like the Civil War time. I thought that was really cool.
E!Online has a handful of fun videos featuring the cast’s reminiscing on early episodes and teasing this week’s milestone:
- Our Vampire Diaries 100th Episode Countdown Begins! Candice Accola and Kat Graham Look Back on the Pilot and Eluding Death
- Vampire Diaries Stars Dish on Their Favorite Scenes—and Crash Each Other’s Interviews!
- There are few things I love more than a sexy guy reading a book. Thanks for tweeting this Trevino photo, McQueen! [McQueeninchains]
- Dr. Wes, Rick Cosnett, shared this great behind-the-scenes photo with Ian Somerhalder & Candice Accola. [RickCosnett]
- Joseph Morgan announced via Twitter that his movie, Armistice, will hit VOD on January 7th & theaters on January 31st. [JosephMorgan]
- Kat Graham talked to Life & Style Magazine about having a “very LA” wedding. [Life & Style]
If seeing the faces of the TVD cast on animated elf bodies twerking sounds hilarious, CW Seed has a video for you. [CW Seed]
- A deluxe edition of Sara Canning’s film, Black Field, is now available. [saradjcanning]
- You can pre-order a copy of Annex Man Magazine with Ian Somerhalder on the cover at their website. [Annex Man]
- CW Seed has a video clip about Ian’s personal style & his appearance in Annex Man. [CW Seed]
- A donation of $19 through Crowdrise to ISF gets you entered to win a MacBook Air. [Crowdrise]
- Nina Dobrev tweeted a photo of herself and her mother at the White House. [ninadobrev]
Miss a post this week?
- Claire Holt shared this photo of herself and Daniel Gillies. [MissClaireHolt]
- The Hollywood Reporter named Daniella Pineda as part of their “Young Hispanic Hollywood Class of 2013.” [THR]
- Maybe it’s not news, but you should see Ian Somerhalder’s adorable puppies. [Instagram]
- Professor Shane, aka David Alpay, has been cast in a dystopian pilot for Lifetime. [Deadline]
- ClevverTV played a little game of “Who Said It?” with the cast on the red carpet at the 100th episode party. [YouTube]
- Gird your loins and protect your ovaries before you look at this photo Paul Wesley tweeted of himself and his nephew. [paulwesley]
- Torrey DeVitto shared her pet adoption story as party of The Shelter Pet Project’s ad campaign. [The Shelter Pet Project]
- Paul Wesley tweeted that he’s working with Mobio, and you can submit questions for him at the link he provided. [paulwesley]
- Kat Graham looked great at an event for Make-A-Wish. [KatGraham]
Miss a post the last few weeks?
- Episode Downloads for The Vampire Diaries: The Cell (EP509)
- Complete Songlist for The Vampire Diaries: The Cell (EP509)
- Extended Promo for The Vampire Diaries: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510 – Mid-Season Finale)
- Short Promo for The Vampire Diaries: Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510 – Mid-Season Finale)
- Reaction Post & Poll: Vampire Diaries – The Cell (EP509)
- Previously on The Vampire Diaries: Dead Man on Campus (EP508)
- TONIGHT – The Vampire Diaries: The Cell (EP509) Airs at 8/7c
- New Image from Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510) via TV Guide + Set Visit Interviews via TV Fanatic
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109)
- The Originals Casts Elyse Levesque + Daniella Pineda Talks Sophie’s Future
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- The Originals Returns January 14, 2014 (VIDEO)
- Danielle Campbell Talks The Originals Mid-Season Finale with Zap2it (VIDEO)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109)
- Previously on The Originals: The River in Reverse (EP108)
- TONIGHT – The Originals: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109) Airs at 8/7c
- Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: The Cell (EP509)
- The Originals In Review: The River in Reverse (EP108) – How Positively Biblical
- Vampire Diaries In Review: Dead Man on Campus (EP508) – Never Surrender
- Webclip for The Originals: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109)
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: The River in Reverse (EP108)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: The River in Reverse (EP108)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109)
- Short Promo for The Originals: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – The River in Reverse (EP108)
- The Originals Roundup: Set Visit, New Orleans, & More
- The Originals Cast Talks Filming in New Orleans (VIDEO)
- Previously On The Originals: Bloodletting (EP107)
- TONIGHT – The Originals: The River in Reverse (EP108) Airs at 8/7c
- Second Webclip for The Originals: The River in Reverse (EP108)
- Exclusive Webclip for The Originals: The River in Reverse (EP108) at TVLine
Lots of reporters headed to the set of The Vampire Diaries for the 100th episode celebration, so there are a whole bunch of new set visit reports and interviews for us to read! Find out what’s up with your favorite plots, ships, and more. Some focus on things we’ve already seen, while others peek into the future, so beware of spoilers! (And there are a few tidbits about The Originals scattered in there too.) If you’ve found any set visit reports we’ve missed, please go ahead and share them in the comments.
- Best TV Couple of All Time: We Have a Winner! Instant Reaction—and Scoop—Straight From the Set [E!Online]
- TVD Set Scoop: Kat Graham Talks Carrie, Crying and Bonnie’s Possible Return [TV Fanatic]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ EP Caroline Dries and Paul Wesley clear up the Silas confusion: Is he alive, dead, cured, or aging? [Zap2it]
- The Vampire Diaries’ Kat Graham: Bonnie’s Return From the Other Side Is Bittersweet [TV Guide]
- The Vampire Diaries: Paul Wesley and Candice Accola Have Very Different Opinions on a Stefan-Caroline Romance [E!Online]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ shipper update: The cast teases what’s coming next for Delena, Stelena, Klaroline, Steroline, Forwood, Beremy, and more [Zap2it]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ spoilers: The EPs and cast on ‘crazy pants’ Amara, Stefan’s returned memory, and more in ‘Death and the Maiden’ [Zap2it]
- Vampire Diaries Stars Talk Delena ‘Tension,’ Stelena’s ‘Faded’ Romance and Katherine’s Love [TVLine]
- Vampire Diaries Stars Talk ‘Very Final’ Forwood Break-Up, Steroline Teases and Flirting With Jesse [TVLine]