We love a good throwdown around here, and last night’s episode of The Originals delivered. Bloodletting (EP107) featured a straight up beat down between Klaus and Tyler, with Joseph Morgan and Michael Trevino going all out for the scene. TV Guide has some exclusive behind the scenes photos of the fight, check out the action at TV Guide!
Michael Trevino makes his The Originals debut in tomorrow night’s all-new episode, Bloodletting (EP107), and he’s dropping teases about Tyler’s New Orleans agenda and who may or may not be in his vengeance-hungry hybrid crosshairs.
Also fueling Tyler’s desire for revenge? Not only has Klaus killed his mother, but also his crush on Caroline led to the eventual “Forwood” breakup. “Klaus has always wanted to be with Caroline and he’s made that very clear. And his infatuation with her still exists,” Trevino says. “It’s kind of tough. We can only do that love triangle between Klaus and Caroline and Tyler for so long. So I’m glad that with what’s happening now, we’ve kind of finally put an end to that. Whether that’s good or bad for Tyler remains to be seen. But we’re finally going to address that and leave it and hopefully never touch on it again.”
How is the relationship between Hayley and Tyler when they reunite?
Trevino: It’s not good. She backstabbed him, and so Tyler is really coming to New Orleans as a villain.
Ultimate revenge on Klaus could be killing Hayley and his baby. Do you think he has it in him to be that evil?
Trevino: I do. Tyler has always been surrounded by death, and Klaus killed his mother, and Hayley had something to do with that. So is it in him? Absolutely.
And be sure to check out Michael’s set video interview via TV Fanatic:
What can we expect from Tyler’s “second act of revenge” against his hybrid nemesis, as Trevino described to TV Fanatic yesterday on The Vampire Diaries set?
Might this actually be a suicide mission?!?
Phoebe Tonkin, Daniel Gillies, and Joseph Morgan discuss the hazards of falling for the mother of your brother’s unborn child with E!Online. As all things Original go, it’s indeed complicated:
“There’s the idea that Elijah is usurping his role as father. Having this family is what Elijah wants most; family above all. He’s taking on that role and that is addressed in the show,” [Joseph Morgan] explains. “We’re not beating around that bush. We’ll absolutely make reference to the fact that you might think that he’s the father with the way that he’s acting. That’s a lot of fun. I think that was a really fair decision from the writers to create that romantic tension between those two characters because that really messes with Klaus.”
The TV Addict has a slew of brief, red carpet chats with Vampire Diaries cast, writers, and guest stars (and bonus Kevin Williamson appearance!) at Saturday night’s TVD100 Celebration event in Atlanta.
CLICK FOR MORE INTERVIEWS WITH NINA DOBREV, PAUL WESLEY, KAT GRAHAM, MICHAEL TREVINO, STEVEN R. MCQUEEN, CANDICE ACCOLA, ZACH ROERIG, MATT DAVIS, SARA CANNING, NATHANIEL BUZOLIC, OLGA FONDA, MALESE JOW, MARGUERITE MACINTYRE & JULIE PLEC.
Crossover alert! There’s been a lot of speculation about whether or not there will be any traffic between Mystic Falls and New Orleans, and as Entertainment Weekly exclusively confirmed last week, Michael Trevino will be the first to make the trip. Tyler Lockwood will be heading South to The Originals, and everybody has questions about it.
“The crossover is happening very soon,” Plec teased. “I’m fairly certain we will see our first glimpse of Tyler before November is over. It will answer a couple of questions, one of which is at least answering the first piece of the mystery of the protective wolf.”
- Inside ‘The Originals’ & ‘TVD’ Crossover Ep [ETOnline]
- The Originals: Plec & Narducci Talk About The Vampire Diaries Crossover [KSiteTV]
- The Vampire Diaries EP: Tyler to Shake Up The Originals ‘Before November Is Over’ [TVLine]
- ‘The Originals’ Producer Promises ‘Vampire Diaries’ Crossover Will ‘Shake Things Up’ [The Hollywood Reporter]
It’s been widely rumored, and now the news is confirmed by Michael Trevino himself: According to Entertainment Weekly, his character Tyler Lockwood will be appearing on The Originals.
”A lot of fans are upset that Tyler [spoiler]has made the decision to leave as soon as he shows up.[/spoiler] I’m getting a little bit of flack for it on the Twitterverse here,” Trevino says. “I just want to say everything will be explained, and I think Tyler will make it good once he shows up to The Originals…. I think everybody will be happy with Tyler’s reasoning when they see[spoiler] what he’s been up to and what he has planned.[/spoiler]”
No word yet on exactly when he’ll be showing up or for how many episodes.
Want to see some of Caroline and Tyler’s reunion? Entertainment Weekly has an exclusive clip for you from Thursday’s upcoming episode, Monster’s Ball (EP505). It was not made embeddable, so click through to watch.
We’re in the final stretch, folks! Only ONE MORE WEEK until The Vampire Diaries Season 5 premiere and The Originals series premiere on Thursday, October 3, and the new promo just keeps on coming. Check out what the official Vampire Diaries Facebook just posted, with the promise of more to come (looking good, Lockwood):
And ET Online has an exclusive peek at a new Originals promo poster of Klaus and Marcel. Check out the full poster over at ET Online!
- Todd Stashwick shared this adorable photo from the set of The Originals with Leah Pipes & Joseph Morgan. [Twitter]
- Paul Wesley made an appearance at last weekend’s Mayweather vs. Alvarez Showtime party. [Zimbio]
- E! named Charles Michael Davis one of their Fall TV Crushes & got him to fill out a personality quiz. Please note, my love for him was cemented by his admission to a crush on Aunt Becky from Full House. [E! Online]
- Kat Graham looked great in a little black dress at Audi and Altuzarra’s Primetime Emmy Awards Week 2013 Kick-Off Party. [Zimbio]
- Candice Accola will be narrating the audiobook for Kami Garcia’s Unbreakable, a paranormal thriller. Garcia is the co-author of the bestselling Beautiful Creatures series. [EW]
- The Originals Comic-Con panel is free on iTunes. [iTunes]
- Nina Dobrev was named “Sexiest Style” on this years “The 2013 What is Sexy?” list by Victoria’s Secret. [Victoria’s Secret]
- Kat Graham talked to MTV about the must-haves for fall fashion this year. [MTV]
- Lauren Cohen is in the October issue of Maxim. Looking good, Rose. [E!Online]
- To celebrate her birthday, Kat Graham is raising money for the UNHCR. The UNHCR helps refugees around the world. [YouTube] [Donate at UNHCR.org]
- We told you last week that Michael Trevino would be narrating the audiobook for Saving Raphael Santiago by Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan. MTV has an excerpt and interview with Trevino and you can now buy the audiobook from Audible/Amazon. [MTV] [Amazon]
- Rob Pralgo, the late Mayor Lockwood, wants your FB likes for his new movie, The Morningside Monster. [Facebook]
- Sara Canning is featured on the cover of the latest Impress Magazine. There’s also a video of her photo shoot. [Impress-mag] [YouTube]
- Nina Dobrev & TVD newbie Kendrick Sampson look like they’re having fun on set. [Instagram]
- To celebrate 4 years of TVD, Entertainment Weekly put together a list of 20 things they’re happy TVD gave us. [EW]
- Grace Phipps was interviewed by Starry Constellation Magazine, where she revealed an upcoming appearance on Supernatural. [Starry Mag]
- Television Without Pity’s is celebrating the 10 year anniversary of their Tubey Awards with awards for the past decade of TV. You can vote for TVD in several categories: Best TV Show, Ian Somerhalder for Favorite Actor, Nina Dobrev for Favorite Actress, Best Drama, Best Cast, Best Guilty Pleasure, Damon Salvatore for Best Character, Elena & Damon for Best Relationship, Elena & Stefan for Worst Relationship, Season 1 & Season 2 Finales for Best Season Finale, Katherine chops Uncle John’s fingers for Biggest WTF Moment, & Damon for Best Badass. [TWoP]
- Matt Davis is headed to CSI in a recurring role as a fireman’s son. His first episode will air in late October. [TVLine]
- Sara Canning’s romantic comedy, The Right Kind of Wrong, was acquired by Magnolia Pictures for US distribution early next year. [Deadline]
- Rolling Stone talked to TVD’s music supervisor, Chris Mollere, about music placement on television. [RS]
- Kat Graham talked to SheKnows.com about her music, marriage and TVD. [SheKnows]
- Kat also contributed to a PSA on suicide prevention. [EW]
- Nina Dobrev is on the cover of the October People StyleWatch Magazine. [WhoSay]
- Michael Trevino will be narrating the audiobook version of Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan’s Saving Raphael Santiago from The Bane Chronicles. It goes on sale next week. [tumblr]