Is your Thursday dragging a little? Don’t worry, we’re here for you. We’ve got a whole group of goodies to keep you going until tonight’s episode, starting with a pair of interviews from Zap2it. First up, Michael Trevino talks about how Tyler feels about being Klaus’s crash pad and a little secret (spoiler!) he’s been keeping from Caroline (VIDEO).
“Tyler is in a state of not only shock, but also ‘Okay, if he was in my body, what was he doing in my body? How was he treating Caroline or all the other characters?’” Trevino explains. “He’s mainly finding out, okay, what are the consequences going to be to all the people that didn’t know.”
“Rebekah and Matt have been a little bit … hot and cold,” Zach says. “I think you can expect to see Rebekah trying to kind of clean things up with Matt and get him to forgive her. ‘I got upset. My bad, I tried to kill you. But you survived! So now we can flirt again!’ I feel like it’s going to continue to be the same dance, though, because at the end of the day, in some weird way, Matt can wrap his head around why Rebekah would do that.”
We’ve also got another interview with Zach Roerig, this time from examiner.com. We’re hoping they’ll fix the spelling of his last name, but typos aside we’re going to be very interested to see more of Matt and Jeremy teaming up in the future.
“Now that Matt’s become more involved and puts his neck on the line…there’s one person in particular that I think we’ll start to see Matt keeping a watchful eye over—Jeremy. Even if characters start to go off to college, he’ll still be around; he’ll still be in high school. So I think before Matt didn’t really have a reason to stick around or feel like he had any family or any ties, but I think now you’ll start to see his brotherly connection to Jeremy [as a] tie,” Roering previewed.
Last but not least, Ian Somerhalder recently shared some thoughts with iOL’s, and we’re e’re not too surprised to see him advocating for the wild side of Elena Gilbert.
“Maybe there’s some unpre- dictable craziness in store for Elena when she turns into a vampire and her emotions are amplified 10 000-fold. She might become a super unbelievably volatile being.”
And yet more interviews, sneaking in under the wire! Entertainment Weekly has a sadly unembeddable compilation of video interviews with Candice Accola, Nina Dobrev, and Michael Trevino. They give some interesting teases for season four, including this one about tonight’s premiere:
“One giant emotional roller coaster ride,” says star Candice Accola. “Everyone’s just at their breaking point, on edge. Caroline especially.”
There’s more than one love triangle in Mystic Falls . . . and you should head over to The Insider to see the rest of their exclusive promo picture of Caroline, Tyler, and Klaus.
And hey, ready to check in with Caroline’s other (former?) love interest? The Examiner talked to Zach Roerig about what he’d like to see for Matt in season 4.
“He’s got Elena; he’s got the number one bodyguard in the world, now that she’s a vampire, and she’ll look out for him. But I would like to see Matt play a more dominant role in the show as far as being a physical presence and whatever that is. Being aggressive and doing all of that stuff is really fun.”
MTV asked Vampire Diaries cast members their top five season premiere questions. How violent will Elena get? When will the Council strike? MTV has the answers, as well as the video below, where Candice Accola, Michael Trevino, Zach Roerig, Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder all talk about their characters’ biggest challenges heading in to Season 4.
New interviews and teases are springing up right and left! Here are a few things to tide you over until tomorrow night’s season premiere, including TV Line’s exclusive first look at the new hunter in town.
- Associated Press sits down with Claire Holt to talk Season 4! (Video above)
- Exclusive First Look: Is Vampire Diaries’ New Hunter Friend, Foe or Something Else Altogether? via TV Line
- TVD’s Julie Plec Interview via The CW69
- The TV Chick has a slew of interviews from Comic-Con 2012: Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Zach Roerig and Michael Trevino, and Steven R. McQueen.
- The Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec & Paul Wesley On Stefan’s Darker Side, Graduation & More via NiceGirls TV
- Australian actress Claire Holt finds herself in Georgia, thanks to gig on ‘Vampire Diaries’ via The Washington Post
It’s going to be a busy week, so here’s the next batch of interviews for your enjoyment. First up, Julie Plec previews Season 4′s return over at The Hollywood Reporter.
THR: Now that Elena’s exploring her new state of being as a vampire, will this force her to open her mind up?
Plec: Elena becoming a vampire, in a way, is an awakening of a person who is about to go through a lot of changes – some for the better and some for the worse, some for the darker and some for the lighter. In all that, she is going to evolve as a person and her relationships are going to evolve accordingly. I can’t say much beyond that other than that it’s a journey for her of an adolescent growing up to a really tragic adulthood. We change a lot in those years and we change what we want out of life; it’s a constant evolution.
TV Guide sits down with Nina Dobrev to talk vampire!Elena, Stefan and Damon, and Season 4 surprises.
Over at Entertainment Weekly, Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder talk about vampire sex. And that’s all we need to say, right?
Zach Roerig chats with MTV’s Hollywood Crush about the State of the Donovan in Season 4 and how last season’s events will affect Matt’s relationship with Elena. (Also, book fans, there’s a nice spoilery gimme in that article that might interest you.)
“Damon definitely blames Matt and doesn’t think that Matt deserves to live,” Zach explained. “Of course Damon, being the rage-filled-fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of guy, comes at Matt. But thankfully Elena is there to defend him.
“Both Salvatore brothers make it clear to Matt that he needs to earn his survival,” he added.
And, finally, the Associated Press sat down with Daniel Gillies to talk Elijah, Elena, and Season 4.
The CW has started filtering out these AWESOME new Season 4 promo pics and we’re going to start with Caroline, Tyler, and Klaus. Seriously, the detail on these portraits – we’re going to be analyzing them for hours. Can’t wait to see the rest of the set! The Vampire Diaries returns this Thursday, October 11th, 8/7c on the CW. Click each image to view a larger version in the Gallery. What do you think? Does this hold up to last year’s fruit portraits?
Loose n’ dirty translation of the Latin on each portrait, Klaus – Blood is power, Caroline – Love is sacrifice, Tyler – Love has/holds me. (This could be in the sense of “love carries me” or “love possesses me” . . . interesting.)
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks.
- Big congrats to our Name Elena’s Teddy Bear/Love You To Death 3 contest winners! Crissy has chosen “Bearton Earnspaw” as the winning entry, so congrats to Sue on the clever Wuthering Heights reference! And congrats to Theresa and Amy for being two of our four random winners. (Hey, other two winners, check your Twitter DMs and get back to us before we draw two new winners in your place!) All winners will receive an autographed copy of Love You To Death 3, and the grand prize winner also gets some awesome official TVD merch. Thanks to everyone who entered!
- Kat Graham and Candice Accola live at the iHeartRadio music festival. (Video above)
- Ian Somerhalder’s OFFICIAL Facebook page, so stop following fakes.
- Ian Somerhalder on the cover of Defy Magazine.
- Nina Dobrev gives fans a wave as she heads to an interview with Extra.
- Phoebe Tonkin and Claire Holt at the Teen Vogue Young Hollywood Party.
- Daniel Gillies interview with Xtreme 107.1 Radio.
- Video of Kat Graham and Ian Somerhalder onstage at the 2012 Environmental Media Awards.
- Ian Somerhalder at the 2012 Environmental Media Awards.
- Kat Graham, also at the 2012 Environmental Media Awards.
- Big congrats to Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec for making the list of The Holywood Reporter’s Top 50 Showrunners of 2012.
- As part of their TV Club Ten, The AV Club shares their choices for the 10 episodes that best showcase The Vampire Diaries.
- Nina Dobrev has a feature in the November 2012 issue of Glamour. And US Weekly has more photos.
- Great news for Sara Canning fans! SyFy has picked up Primeval: New World for 13 episodes in 2013.
- Fun photo of Daniel Gillies and Rachael Leigh Cook at a pre-Emmy event.
- Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder make Glamour UK’s 50 Sexiest Men List.
- Elena Gilbert and Alaric Saltzman makes Hollywood Life’s list of 20 Most Shocking TV Death From the Past Year.
- Paul Wesley and Michael Trevino make Huffington Post’s 27 Older Celebrities Who FAIL At Playing Teens. In other news, it’s Hollywood and no one cares.
There are a lot of cast interviews popping up lately, so we’re putting them all together in one place so everyone can revel in the TVD goodness. Only a couple more weeks until the start of Season 4! Some interviews may have hints and spoilers for the upcoming season, so be click at your own risk. Enjoy!
TV Fanatic Set Interviews:
- Nina Dobrev Dishes on Elena as a Vampire, Self-Sacrifice and The Prom (video above)
- Paul Wesley Interview: Elena’s Choice and More
- Candice Accola Interview: A Future for Klaroline?
- Joseph Morgan Scoops Season 4, Hopes to Regain Body
- Zach Roerig Speaks on Bond with Elena, Moral Compass, The Matt Hatter
- Phoebe Tonkin Previews “Ballsy” Vampire Diaries Character
- Candice Accola Talks “The Vampire Diaries” & More at iHeartRadio Festival via ClevverTV (Video above)
- Michael Trevino on ‘Vampire Diaries,’ First Love, and His Hollywood Crush via Bullett
- NINA DOBREV: THE ‘PERKS’ OF BEING A ‘VAMPIRE’via The Insider
- Vampire Diaries’ Ian Somerhalder: There’s depth to Damon
- Paul Wesley’s Secret TVD Plan via The Insider (VIDEO)
- Daniel Gillies talks ‘The Vampire Diaries’ in Spoiler Room Video Edition via Entertainment Weekly
Miss A Post This Past Week?
- Official Synopsis for The Rager (EP403)
- TV Bloggers Tease First Two Episodes of The Vampire Diaries Season 4
- UK’s ITV2 Announces Return Date for The Vampire Diaries
- CW Interview with Paul Wesley (VIDEO)
- TV Guide Reveals New Cold Open For TVD Season 4 (VIDEO)
- Paul Telfer Cast as Vampire Hunter Alexander
- Friday Night Bites, Sept. 21-28: EMMY Parties & Animal Friends
- CW Interview with Joseph Morgan (VIDEO)
- Official Synopsis for Memorial (EP402)
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks. Please insert theme song by Explosions in the Sky here and enjoy.
- YO, BRO! Did you miss Paul Wesley on The Tonight Show last night? Watch Part 1 and Part 2.
- Steven R. McQueen and Michael Trevino (and former TVD guest stars Taylor Kinney and Stephen Amell) are featured as one of Bullett Magazine’s Primetime TV’s Newest Heartbreakers.
- Kat Graham attended Variety’s 6th Annual Power Of Youth Event on September 15 in Los Angeles. Check out photos here and here.
- Kat also attended NYLON & Sony’s September TV Issue Launch Event.
- Michael Trevino lands on The Hollywood Reporter’s 35 Hottest Young Latinos in Entertainment.
- Just Jared has photos from Nina Dobrev’s Seventeen Magazine signing in Atlanta.
- Watch Nina’s appearance on Chelsea Lately.
- VH1 chats with Nina about The Perks of Being a Wallflower and TVD.
- And Nina chats with PopSugar!
- Julie Plec talks fans and Twitter with the Wall Street Journal.
- Claire Holt nabbed first place at the 2012 Malibu Triathlon. Congrats, Claire!
- Ian Somerhalder is a judge in Tom’s of Maine’s 50 States of Good, a contest for non-profits.