The CW has added two awesome new video promos that include clips from The Vampire Diaries. You’ll have to watch closely (and maybe repeat them a few times) because they move pretty fast. Think you guys can handle that? We know it’s a real hardship, but please, support the show. ;)
Update: We’ve replaced the videos with the official CW YouTube versions, for the benefit of international fans. Thanks to commenter Thirsty Like a Vamp for letting us know they’d been posted!
Here’s the first one, Turn It On.
It’ a tough job, but somebody’s got to do it. Here’s CW promo video number two, Men At Work.
Nina Dobrev recently took home a People’s Choice Award for Favorite TV Drama Actress, and the CW is making sure everybody knows it! They’ve released a new promo poster featuring Nina that congratulates her on her win. You can see the whole picture here at Zap2it. We’re not entirely sure how we feel about the caption, it’s making us just a tiny bit nervous.
In case you missed it last week, they’ve also put together a little video to honor the award winner, you can watch it here.
TV Guide‘s William Keck talked to Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev at the People’s Choice Awards and got a tantalizing tidbit about an upcoming scene in which Damon will wake up “naked with another woman who is a hot vampire” – but who? Click through to TV Guide to see the hints Ian and Nina give about the woman’s identity – and Elena’s reaction. Speculate away, and let’s also remember that while this scene might take place in the present day, it also might be a flashback. So many options!
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks. Please insert theme song by Explosions in the Sky here and enjoy.
- Love this picture (above). All the hearts for Nina! And all the coffee.
- The CW made sure they congratulated Nina on her win during last night’s episode.
- Ian Somerhalder’s fanmail has worn him right out.
- Don’t mess with Kayla Ewell.
- Kayla is still having a ton of fun on the set of Franklin & Bash.
- Kat Graham gets a ‘best dressed’ nod for her Golden Globe kickoff party look.
- Here’s a closer look at Kat’s dress.
- Here’s Nina Dobrev at a different Golden Globes event, looking picture-perfect, as usual.
- A few more pictures of Nina in her floral dress.
- A how-to of her hairstyle!
- Speaking of Nina Dobrev, someone wanted to make SURE her birthday got some attention.
- But Nina’s mom took the proverbial cake with this awww-worthy birthday tweet.
- Wow. Fox News lives under a rock.
- Kevin Williamson is working on something new. It has to do with serial killers, color us intrigued.
- Paul Wesley on the set of Baytown Disco.
- The Vampire Diaries is on this list of books that made it to the screen.
- It appears that Damon Salvatore will be getting a French namesake after all.
- Behind the scenes of Dawn Olivieri’s Maxim Magazine shoot.
- Check out Arielle Kebbel’s new project, COOK.
- The project is looking for supporters. They offer a lot of different donation perks, including the chance to meet Arielle herself.
- Sensation of Sight, with Daniel Gillies and Ian Somerhalder, included in independent film series.
- Do you love Twitter AND TVD? TV.com’s Price Peterson has picked 5 Hilarious Twitter Feeds All Vampire Diaries Fans Should Follow.
If you haven’t tried out the Vampire Diaries Stakeout over at the CW, you may want to give it a try. Every week they do a little puzzle or game that, when completed, unlocks some kind of behind-the-scenes goodie. This week’s clip features Julie Plec and Caroline Dries, and focuses on a much-discussed moment between Damon and Elena that happened in last week’s episode.
Spoiler warning applies, but if you’re up to date on the show and want a little preview of tonight’s episode, get on over there and give it a go! Hint: this week’s game is like a witchy version of Mad-Libs, get creative for hilarious results.
PeoplesChoice.com caught up with Nina Dobrev on tonight’s People’s Choice red carpet to briefly talk Vampire Diaries (WARNING: Spoilers for last week’s episode, The New Deal!) and Damon and Elena. Thanks to @shamani8792 for the heads up!
Alas, Supernatural snagged both the Favorite Network TV Drama and Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show, and Favorite TV Drama Actor went to Nathan Fillion. On the other hand, big congratulations are in order for Nina Dobrev, who took home the award for Favorite TV Drama Actress! Since she was also the first write-in nominee ever to make the ballot, that’s a pretty big deal. Way to go, fandom! Congratulations, Nina! Thanks to Nina Dobrev Network for the video clip.
Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley (looking fantastic!) presented the award for Favorite Comedy Movie. Hopefully video will surface later. UPDATED: Thanks to Nina Dobrev Network for video!
- Nina Dobrev on the red carpet
- Ian Somerhalder on the red carpet.
- Paul Wesley on the red carpet.
- Nina Dobrev being interviewed.
- Paul Wesley candid.
- Ian waving to fans.
- Nina hanging out backstage with her award.
- A whole bunch of Nina pictures from Nina Dobrev Network.
- Ian and Paul presenting.
- MSN Wonderwall PCA Photo Booth, featuring Paul, Nina & Ian.
The Insider has an exclusive behind the scenes peek at the filming of Our Town (EP311), tomorrow night’s new episode of The Vampire Diaries. Along with the usual set photos, Kat Graham provides some teases:
Of the new set Our Town spotlights, Kat tells me, “It’s a very cool location we’ve never filmed in before and it’s important that people pay attention. You should pay attention to everything on this show because it always circles back into play somehow.”
We nominated, we voted (and voted and voted!) and now it’s finally here! The People’s Choice Awards is TONIGHT. Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev and Paul Wesley will all be attending, and we hope to see them up on stage accepting some well-earned awards.
The Vampire Diaries is up for two awards, including Favorite Network Drama and Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show, while Ian and Nina are in the running for Favorite TV Drama Actor and Actress, respectively.
You can watch the People’s Choice Awards live on CBS tonight, beginning at 9:00pm EST. There’s also a Red Carpet show on Reelz, starting at 8:00pm EST.
Nobody likes a Monday, but thanks to Judy Yam, today might be an exception! She tweeted out this promo pic featuring Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Nina Dobrev and Joseph Morgan. Thanks, Judy! We feel better already. In case you missed it, we also blogged some individual pictures of the actors from this shoot last week.