The long winter hiatus is finally over, and The Vampire Diaries will be back tomorrow night with After School Special (EP410). Brush up on the particulars of the last episode – O Come All Ye Faithful (EP409) – with this handy selection of recaps so you’ve got it all straight in your head before the TVD train gets rolling again!
Two more weeks! Tonight the CW is reairing the midseason finale of The Vampire Diaries, O Come, All Ye Faithful (EP409). New episodes return with After School Special (EP410) on January 17th.
Episode refresher course:
Miss a post this week?
It was a fair guess that The Vampire Diaries’ first foray into a holiday episode would be bloodier than your average Christmassy fare, but what a beautiful, poignant, and bloody episode that was. A highlight of the season so far for me (along with Memorial), O Come All Ye Faithful hit such a resonant tone of melancholic but hopeful, as it explored the existential loneliness that plagues immortals (and mortals alike) while emphasizing how key trust and family are in finding purpose and peace. From the soundtrack to that fake snow falling on the town square to that stunning slaughter scene: this is an exceptionally well put together hour of television, and what better gift for the TVD family than that?
Relive those gloriously bloody O Come, All Ye Faithful (EP409) moments with Arielle Kebbel as she recaps the episode in the TVD Rehash. And a reminder that The Vampire Diaries returns Thursday, January 17th!
Want to relive the holiday “cheer” all over again? Here’s your chance to watch O Come, All Ye Faithful (EP409) as much as you want. US fans can now download the episode from Amazon or iTunes. US fans can also watch the episode for free right now at the CW site.
Download O Come, All Ye Faithful:
Canadian fans can watch the episode over at the CTV website.
In case you missed ‘em:
- Reaction Post & Poll: O Come, All Ye Faithful (EP409)
- Short Promo for After School Special (?) (EP410)
- Extended Promo for After School Special (?) (EP410)
- Complete Songlist for O Come, All Ye Faithful (EP409)
SPOILERS ALERT! It’s almost impossible to post anything about last night’s episode -O Come All Ye Faithful (EP409)- without spoiling it. If you haven’t seen it yet, use extreme caution when reading anything Vampire Diaries related today! The mid-season finale was especially rough on Tyler Lockwood and left Vampire Diaries fans with lots of questions. TV Guide went to the source to get some answers, they spoke with Julie Plec, who answers questions about specific details from last night’s episode and reflects back on the first half of season four.
Is Tyler now screwed since Klaus found out he was trying to kill him?
Plec: Tyler has definitely been marked by Klaus, and that’s something that will play out over the next few episodes — the repercussions of Tyler’s move against Klaus.
TVLine also has an interview with Julie, and again, spoilers everywhere.
TVLINE | We didn’t actually see Tyler react to the death. How will he deal with it?
[When] the next episode picks up, a little bit of time has happened, and we’ll see that Tyler’s not handling it altogether too well. He’s keeping to himself, refusing to show his emotions and stewing in his own grief and anger, which is making it difficult to help him. It’s sad for Caroline, who just wants to be there for him.
Courtesy of Chris Mollere, Vampire Diaries’ music supervisor – follow him on Twitter!
Songs listed in order of appearance.
THIS POST IS A STICKY. KEEP SCROLLING FOR NEW POSTS.
It’s taken four seasons, but we finally get to see Christmas in Mystic Falls! We somehow doubt that the town’s resident hybrid Original is any kind of Saint Niklaus, and he probably favours naughty kids over nice ones, but he’s bound to liven the day up.
Once you’ve seen the episode and shaken yourself back to reality, swing by here to rate the new episode of The Vampire Diaries. All discussion about the episode is welcomed and encouraged in the comments of this post.
Remember, some parts of Canada watch the show an hour earlier, so beware of spoilers and avoid the comments if you haven’t seen the episode yet.
Quick guide to the poll options: Have you left out some blood and cookies for Santa Klaus?
5 blood and cookies = LOVE, 1 blood and cookies = MEH.
Ready for O Come, All Ye Faithful (EP409) tonight? Everyone has opinions on the latest turn of events in the Damon and Elena relationship and TV Guide Magazine caught up with Ian Somerhalder to discuss what the sire bond means to the couple’s fledgling romance and the steps they’ll each take to ensure what Elena is experiencing is the real deal:
TV Guide Magazine: Will it be good for the show if Elena and Damon stay together for a while?
Somerhalder: I think it’s good for the story: If Elena is with Damon, this sire bond is always an issue; plus, his brother’s really angry. So until both of them know if it’s true love, they’ve decided they’re not going to sleep together again. There will be more romance and less sex. Damon wants to do the right thing, but losing Elena is not an option. It’s a tough predicament for him.
- The Hollywood Reporter: Caroline and Tyler Unable to ‘Hold Up a Relationship,’ Candice Accola Says
- Entertainment Weekly: Candice Accola teases tonight’s midseason finale
- Hollywood.com: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ star Candice Accola on Hope for Klaroline, Forwood, and a Cure
- Celebuzz: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Candice Accola Talks ‘Klaroline’ and Tension with Tyler (Q&A)
- The TV Chick: Joseph Morgan (Klaus) from The Vampire Diaries previews tonight’s Big Mid-Season Finale
- TV Fanatic: Joseph Morgan Teases “Mind-Blowing Horrors” to Come
It’s holiday time in Mystic Falls! I’m sure everything will be full of joy and cheer . . . right? O Come, All Ye Faithful (EP409) airs tonight on the CW at 8/7c. Remember to come back after you watch to vote in the poll and discuss the episode in the comments!
Prepare Yourself for O Come, All Ye Faithful:
- Read the synopsis
- See the episode stills
- Watch the short promo
- Watch the extended promo
- Watch the webclip
- Watch another webclip
Miss a post this week?
- Candice Accola Talks O Come, All Ye Faithful (EP409) with IGN & Hollywood Crush
- Michael Trevino on TV Guide Vampire Diaries Bite (AUDIO) + Exclusive BTS Photo at ET
- Joseph Morgan Talks Klaus, Caroline & Tyler with TVLine & Zap2it
- Previously On The Vampire Diaries: We’ll Always Have Bourbon Street (EP408)
- Webclip for O Come, All Ye Faithful (EP409)
- Exclusive Webclip for O Come, All Ye Faithful (EP409) via E!Online (VIDEO)
- TVD Rehash with Arielle Kebbel: We’ll Always Have Bourbon Street (EP408) (VIDEO)
- Episode Downloads for We’ll Always Have Bourbon Street (EP408)
- Complete Songlist for We’ll Always Have Bourbon Street (EP408)
- Extended Promo for O Come, All Ye Faithful (EP409)
- Short Promo for O Come, All Ye Faithful (EP409)
- Reaction Post & Poll: Vampire Diaries – We’ll Always Have Bourbon Street (EP408)