Rebekah is my unicorn. Every time she talks, a rainbow appears. #TheOriginals
— Tiffany (@Angelized_1st) December 4, 2013
We’re almost there! Only one more day to wait until The Originals is back on our screens tomorrow evening. It’s been a long, dull hiatus (not even ONE massacre, you guys!) and we can’t wait to see what’s going on in New Orleans. Now is a great time to refresh your memory on all the things that happened before the break, we have episode recaps, a roundtable and plenty of Twitter reactions to get everyone back on track before The Casket Girls (EP110) tomorrow night.
After Klaus took it to the bridge in the previous episode, it’s not so surprising that The Originals would turn out a rather subdued mid-season coda (well, in comparison) that found our characters struggling to readjust to a new regime and forming new, tentative alliances.
The Originals In Review: Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109) – Exquisite Pain
By Heather Vee, Vampire-Diaries.Net
With its initial run of episodes complete as of tonight, the most impressive aspect of The Originals is how self-assured it is. The Originals knows the sorts of stories it wants to tell; it knows the sorts of characters it wants to have; it knows the overall tone it wants to take; and it knows the pace it wants to tell those stories at. While the first three of those are largely adapted from The Vampire Diaries, the last of those—pacing—is quite different. The Originals seems content to take a step back and breathe for a seemingly important episode, its midseason finale.
“Reigning Pain In New Orleans”·S1 / E9
By Rowan Kaiser, A.V Club
With The Originals first 9 episodes behind us and a full second half remaining when the show returns in January, it’s time for our TV Fanatic Round Table to break down the mid-season finale. How hot are Hayley and Elijah? Is Rebekah the most unlucky in love vampire ever to live? What’s Davina next move?
The Originals Round Table: “Reigning Pain in New Orleans”
By Leigh Raines, Don Forcella, Miranda Wicker and Heather Vee, TV Fanatic
New interviews and teases are springing up right and left! Here are a few things to tide you over until tomorrow night’s season premiere, including TV Line’s exclusive first look at the new hunter in town.
- Associated Press sits down with Claire Holt to talk Season 4! (Video above)
- Exclusive First Look: Is Vampire Diaries’ New Hunter Friend, Foe or Something Else Altogether? via TV Line
- TVD’s Julie Plec Interview via The CW69
- The TV Chick has a slew of interviews from Comic-Con 2012: Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Zach Roerig and Michael Trevino, and Steven R. McQueen.
- The Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec & Paul Wesley On Stefan’s Darker Side, Graduation & More via NiceGirls TV
- Australian actress Claire Holt finds herself in Georgia, thanks to gig on ‘Vampire Diaries’ via The Washington Post
The CW knows that we’re all gasping through the last few weeks of hiatus, and they’ve taken pity on us today. In this video, Zach Roerig talks about where things left off for Matt Donovan in Season 3, and how he feels about his character’s continuing humanity in a town where most of the kids are anything (and everything!) but human.
This week’s Vampire Diaries Bite from TV Guide includes some teases from Julie Plec about what’s coming up in Tyler and Caroline’s relationship. You can also read more about what to expect from tonight’s episode, but beware of spoilers!
TV Overmind is on a roll today! First they had stills from The New Deal (EP310) and now they’re sharing new pictures from Our Town (EP311). Exciting! The picture below is making us a little nervous, though…Klaus isn’t exactly first choice on the “people we trust with power tools” list.
UPDATE: Added stills to the Gallery.
Looks like TV Overmind has a last minute gift for Vampire Diaries fans! They’ve got a whole crowd of new stills from the new episode, and we’re just dying to see. Judging by the picture below, Jeremy is going to cowboy up (crossbow up?) for the second half of season 3.
UPDATE: Added stills to the Gallery.
Ugh. ROOMMATES. (Also – we’re 12, but it’s been a long week and you’ll forgive us, right?) Go tell Katherine to pick another room, Vampire Diaries fans – our show is back next week, April 7th. WE HAVE SURVIVED THE HIATUS. We know a lot of you thought you were dying, but we are happy to report that a cure has been found. In addition to there being so much to look forward to when new episodes land on your tellies – The I Word, The Other K Word – we can also vouch for the high entertainment value of tonight’s encore presentation and the flamethrower resistance of Elijah’s hair. That’s not product, folks, but talent. Tune in to the CW at 8/7c for Bangles covers and warlock shenanigans.
Freshen up for The House Guest:
- Read the synopsis
- Check out episode stills
- Watch the extended promo & the webclip
- Read Crissy Calhoun’s recap
- See the complete songlist
- Discuss the episode & vote in the poll
Catch up on this week’s post (and know we’ll be doing a big catch-up very, very soon…):
- 2011 EyeCon Vampire Diaries Convention: Fool me once…
- EyeCon attendees: Rate & tell us about your experience!
- Stefan Salvatore asks Vampire Diaries fans to help keep Elena safe
- EyeCon 2011: Michael Trevino and Steven R. McQueen’s Q&A session
- EyeCon 2011: Paul Wesley’s Q&A (video)
- Damon Salvatore gives us a quick recap of the most recent events in Mystic Falls
- Vampire Support interviews Michael Trevino (video)
- EyeCon 2011: Photos from Paul Wesley’s Q&A
- Extra episode stills from seasons 1 & 2, Ian to attend French convention in May & PopWrap interviews Dawn Olivieri
- More stills from The Last Dance (EP218)