Awesome news, PaleyFest attendees: Claire Holt has been added to The Originals guest line-up for the festival, which means the Mikaelson clan will be fully represented. The Vampire Diaries/The Originals panel takes place Saturday, March 22nd at 7pm at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.
Check out the full list of confirmed guests for both The Vampire Diaries and The Originals panels, and if you haven’t picked up tickets yet for the big event, it’s not too late!
PaleyFest has released their guest line-up for the Vampire Diaries and The Originals panels on Saturday, March 22nd in Los Angeles.
Need tickets? They’re still available! And see you there!
Confirmed guests are:
The Vampire Diaries (moderated by Kristin Dos Santos from E!News & E!Online)
- Nina Dobrev
- Paul Wesley
- Ian Somerhalder
- Caroline Dries
- Julie Plec
The Originals (moderated by Jarett Wieselman from BuzzFeed)
- Joseph Morgan
- Claire Holt
- Phoebe Tonkin
- Daniel Gillies
- Charles Michael Davis
- Leah Pipes
- Danielle Campbell
- Julie Plec
- Michael Narducci
The Paley Center for Media has announced their full panel line-up for PaleyFest, an annual festival celebrating past and current television shows, and for a third year, they will feature a showrunner/cast panel for The Vampire Diaries and, representing for the first time, The Originals.
The full festival runs from March 13-28, 2014, but here’s the date you need to mark down on your calendars: The Vampire Diaries and The Originals panels are scheduled together for Saturday, March 22nd, 7pm at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center. Panel guests have yet to be announced.
Per the Paley Center website, individual event passes for the festival go on sale Thursday, January 16th at 9am PT for Paley Center members (which gets you first shot at tickets and discounted prices; details on becoming a member here), and to the general public on Sunday, January 19th, 9am PT.
We’ll post more details as they become available.
IGN caught up with the cast on the PaleyFest red carpet and Matt Davis, Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, Candice Accola, Kat Graham, and Paul Wesley all throw in their two cents about why guys should be watching The Vampire Diaries. Click here or the image below to watch the (quite funny) video!
Did you miss the recent Vampire Diaries panel at PaleyFest? Never fear: You can watch the whole thing on Hulu right now!
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks. Please insert theme song by Explosions in the Sky here and enjoy.
- Someone’s having some fun filming at Mystic Falls High.
- We’re going to continue our shameless self-promotion, briefly: Please take a minute to vote for Vampire-Diaries.net in LOGO’s NewNowNext Awards. We really appreciate your support!
- Big congratulations to Matt Davis, who has been cast as a lead in the CW pilot Cult. (Don’t worry; he’ll still be available to appear on TVD.)
- Attention Texans! Kat Graham will be performing at Perez Hilton’s One Night in Austin on Saturday night.
- Did you like Candice Accola’s necklace from PaleyFest? She tweeted that it’s from Moon Raven Designs, and you can see their other designs on Etsy.
- And for more about PaleyFest looks, check out Nina Dobrev’s makeup routine and hairstyle.
- Kevin Williamson got quite the birthday gift.
- Real March Madness means it’s time for plenty of TV-related March Madness. Vote for Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson in the Blood Awesome Division of TV Addict’s Showrunner March Madness.
- And several Vampire Diaries pairings need your vote in Zimbio’s TV Couples March Madness.
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev talk about the importance of charity at the 9th Annual Stuart House Benefit.
- Price Peterson admits that The Vampire Diaries didn’t make the best first impression.
- Elena makes this list of Modern Day Southern Belles.
- The Vampire Diaries is good for the Newton County economy.
- 7 Ways Ian Somerhalder Proves Green Is Sexy
- And he also talks about his environmentalism and foundation with Mother Nature Network.
- We all know Joseph Morgan is all about reading, and so does this little fan.
- Kat Graham points out that witches enjoy hanging out together.
- Certain Originals like to play with toys, too.
- Better late than never: Take a look at some outtakes from Paul Wesley’s 2010 Vanity Fair Italia photoshoot.
- Nina Dobrev is a Scuba Diving Celeb.
- In other sporting news, Nathaniel Buzolic snowboards.
- Holmes & Hall has a nice appreciation of Joseph Morgan as Klaus.
Last weekend’s Vampire Diaries panel audience at PaleyFest were treated to an advance screening of last night’s new episode, 1912 (EP316), and Julie Plec and cast hit the stage immediately afterwards to discuss the revelations and repercussions as we head into the final episodes of Season 3.
Be warned: Every one of these discussion panel recaps is spoilerific, so steer clear if you haven’t watched 1912 yet.
MTV‘s Hollywood Crush blog talked to Nina Dobrev at PaleyFest, and she told them a bit about the season finale – namely, that you’ll “laugh and cry. It’s going to be pretty epic.”
AfterElton caught up with Kat Graham, Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley and Julie Plec on the PaleyFest press line this past weekend to talk about what’s going down in Mystic Falls and, well, shirtlessness. You can watch the video with Kat Graham below and watch the rest over at AfterElton.
And PopSugarTV also chatted with Julie Plec and cast on the PaleyFest press line and a certain blond hybrid was popular topic (plus, you know, other stuff):
We have yet another video from the PaleyFest press line! IGN interviewed Kat Graham, Matt Davis, Paul Wesley, Candice Accola, and Ian Somerhalder about what’s in store for their characters when the show returns, including Bonnie’s relationship with her mother, Alaric’s relationship with his magical ring, and Caroline’s relationship with sparkly jewelry.