Paul Wesley appears in the new issue of People Magazine, numbered among their picks for Sexiest Man Alive for the second year in a row. Once you can tear your eyes away from the picture, you can read about teenage Paul’s penchant for sneaking out at night, and about what he considers a suitable ambiance for an ideal date. Michael Trevino and Steven R. McQueen are mentioned in features in the issue as well, and Ian Somerhalder is included in the online-only slide show Sexy Guys at Every Age. Check out this scan of Paul’s page (courtesy silentwilight@tumblr, thanks!), and make sure to pick up a copy of the magazine from your local newsstand!
Have you bought your tickets for TVD Chicago, yet? If not, you may want to hurry, because tickets are going fast! Gold passes are already 2/3rds sold out, so if you’re planning to buy one, it would be a good idea to do it soon. The convention will take place April 14th-15th, 2012 at the Westin O’Hare in Chicago, IL. Scheduled guests include Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Michael Trevino, Zach Roerig, Daniel Gillies and Joseph Morgan.
Guess what? We’re going, too! Vampire-Diaries.net will not only be attending the convention, we’re taking the stage to present a couple panels of our own. We’ll be doing a different panel each day, and we’ve also teamed up with Creation Entertainment to offer a no-public-speaking-required trivia option for anyone who wants to test their knowledge without the pressure of a timed game. Check it out:
Mackin’ On The Monsters: The Changing Look Of Vampires & Werewolves In Film
Join us for a look at some of film and television’s most famous vampires & Werewolves, and how their looks and appeal have changed over the years. From scary to sexy, we’ll show you how our favorite monsters have gone from devils to dates, upgrading their style and trading coffins for Camaros. We’ll also talk about some of the popular myths, show you which ones made the cut for The Vampire Diaries and give you a look at some of the characters that the Vampire Diaries‘ cast have named as their favorite Hollywood bloodsuckers.
Scare Me, Stake Me, You Can’t Break Me: The Women Of TVD
The Vampire Diaries has some fantastic female characters, many of whom have undergone major changes from their first appearance to the present day. From April 1 – April 7th, we’ll be asking fans to vote on their favorite bad-ass, loyal and all around awesome moments by the female characters on the show. Join us at the convention to see the results and celebrate some of your favorite TVD ladies. We’ll talk about how they’ve changed throughout the course of the show, what unique qualities each character brings to the table and what makes The Vampire Diaries one of the best shows on TV when it comes to portraying strong women and girls.
Mr. Saltzman’s History Test
Don’t like being put on the spot? This test has no time limit and nobody watching you. We’re supplying the questions for a test of your Vampire Diaries historical knowledge, keep an eye out for it near the registration area when you check in. Just fill it out and drop it off, an Alaric stand-in will grade it (bourbon-free grading, we promise!) and all A students will receive a prize.
This convention is going to be epic. Come on out to support the actors and show some love for the show (and make sure we’re not talking to an empty room, pretty please?), we hope to see you there! Tickets are on sale now at Creation Entertainment’s website, and you can follow @TVDCon for more information and updates as they happen.
Good news for UK fans! Ian Somerhalder has been announced as a guest for Insurgence 4, which will be taking place June 22-24 in Birmingham, UK. Daniel Gillies and Paul Wesley have already been confirmed for the event. We’ll be keeping you updated as more guests are announced, so keep an eye out for more Insurgence news as it becomes available. For more information about the convention, check out their site HERE.
The third season of The Vampire Diaries has showcased a whole new side of Paul Wesley’s considerable talent. The wide range of emotion he’s been playing with the Ripper Stefan arc have a lot of people shaking their heads and asking in awe: “How the heck does he do that?!”. The answer? Hard work, persistence, and training. Backstage.com recently did a feature on some successful actors, and in it Paul talks about how he got his start as a young actor and some of the work that goes on behind the scenes when it comes to learning the craft.
When I was a kid, I was really interested in acting, and I started doing some theater in school plays. I was living 45 minutes outside of Manhattan, and I wanted to segue into doing something on a professional level. When I was 15, I decided to join this workshop, run by Flo Greenberg, in Manhattan. I would commute to the city from Jersey every day.
To read more about Paul’s experiences and thoughts on professional acting, READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE HERE AT BACKSTAGE. Paul is the 4th actor featured, so be sure to scroll down to read his piece.
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks. Please insert theme song by Explosions in the Sky here and enjoy.
- The picture above comes from the premiere of Joseph Morgan’s new movie, Immortals, and was tweeted by the beautiful Claire Holt herself.
- You can watch the trailer here, and see pictures from the film here.
- Looks like the Original sibling trio had a lot of fun at the premiere. Check out the red carpet video footage.
- The trailer for Joseph Morgan’s movie Warhouse has also been released, you can watch it here. WARNING: Contains graphic images.
- If you don’t mind a little blood, you can see a couple images from the movie on facebook.
- Paul Wesley makes Vogue Italia’s look of the day.
- The Vampire Diaries is described as a “super soap” in this article.
- Some video from ISF’s Empoweresque event.
- Ian Somerhalder talks with Ecorazzi in this video interview.
- Some behind the scenes footage from Michael Trevino’s Bench Underwear shoot.
- Sebastian Roche is being adorable again. We love this guy!
- Nina Dobrev is #28 on this list of Hottest New Hollywood Actresses.
- We’re not sure what will be wrong with David Anders, but we bet it won’t be Lupus.
- Malese Jow knows how to party pretty.
- Here’s some news on Daniel Gillies’ movie, Broken Kingdom. He really appreciates the support the fans have been showing for this film.
- Excuse me, friend, but where’s the best place to murder teenagers and get away with it?
- What are the 5 best Stefan and Elena scenes? Ology picked out their favorites.
- Stephen Amell gets naked.
- Unfortunately, Ian Somerhalder will be unable to attend the Unleashed event this year.
- Congratulations to Kat Graham on being named one of Fenuxe’s 50 Most Influential Entertainers (scroll down to see her name). She tweeted a picture from the awards ceremony.
Happy release day! Stefan’s Diaries #4: The Ripper arrives TODAY at your favorite local bookstore or online retailer. Pick it up in paperback or download it to your Kindle.
[Kindle US] [Kindle UK]
This is going to be one of those weeks where “Is it Thursday yet?!” becomes an endlessly repeated refrain. We’re almost out of our minds with excitement for Homecoming (EP309) and the episode is still several days away! We know we’re not the only ones who are pacing the floors waiting for Thursday, so hopefully this little clip from this week’s episode will help you through the next few minutes. Thanks to @xLuvDamonx for the heads up!
Heads up, UK! Paul Wesley has been announced as a guest for Insurgence 4. Daniel Gillies is already confirmed for the same event. We’ll be keeping you updated as more guests are announced, so keep an eye out for more Insurgence news as it becomes available. For more information about the convention, you can check out their webpage HERE.
Week 2 of our pre-hiatus giveaway is in effect! Thanks to everyone who participated in last week’s contest. This time around we are keeping it simple. Once again, we have some kick-ass prizes courtesy of CW Network. Shall we kick this off now?
This week, we arrive at the long-awaited Original flashback, Ordinary People. There’s no contest this time, just a giveaway where the winners will be chosen at random from the qualified entries. One grand prize winner will receive: The Season 3 promo mini-poster pictured here, signed by Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder and Joseph Morgan. Two runners-up will win unsigned Season 3 promo posters. And we’ll even throw in some extra TVD goodies, too. Wanna play?
- This contest is open to international fans so EVERYONE can play!
- You must have a Twitter account and be following both @tvdnews and @CW_Network. (It’s important because we’ll be DMing the winners!)
- Copy and paste this into a tweet: Bring on the #TVDOriginals! Watch Vampire Diaries: Ordinary People this Thursday, Nov 3 at 8/7c on the CW! Then hashtag your personal favorite Original so far and add that to the tweet. EXAMPLE, your final tweet should look something like this: Bring on the #TVDOriginals! Watch Vampire Diaries: Ordinary People this Thursday, Nov 3 at 8/7c on the CW! #TeamKlaus (or #TeamElijah, etc. It must be one of the known or rumored Originals; other entries will not count.)
- Double check you have BOTH hashtags in your post! We’ll be tracking entries through the #TVDOriginals hashtag but if your tweet is missing your #Team tag, we won’t count it.
- You have until Thursday, November 3rd at 8pm Pacific to tweet your entries.
- Winners will be chosen at random and notified via DM by Tuesday, November 8th and will be announced on the blog when we do our Homecoming contest post on Wednesday, November 9th.
- Enter as many times as you’d like. And have fun! UPDATE: Please only use one Twitter account. If we discover you’re using multiple accounts, we will disqualify you.
Make sure to tune in to Vampire Diaries this Thursday, November 3rd at 8/7c on the CW! And a huge THANK YOU to the CW for the awesome prizes!
Various members of the Vampire Diaries cast were on MTV’s 10 on Top yesterday morning to talk about Ghost World and other Halloween stuff. Watch below, and many thanks to Nina Dobrev Network for the videos!