And here we are: the final (?) Season 4 portrait – Damon. “SANGUINIS EST REATUS” – blood is guilt.
The countdown to the Season 4 premiere continues! The CW has released Elena’s Season 4 portrait. “TENETUR PER SANGUINEM” – bound by blood. Check out the previously released portraits: Stefan, Jeremy, Matt, Bonnie, Rebekah & Elijah, and Klaus, Caroline & Tyler.
The CW has just revealed the Season 4 portrait for Stefan! “A VENIT HONOS SALUTEM” – from honor comes salvation.
New interviews and teases are springing up right and left! Here are a few things to tide you over until tomorrow night’s season premiere, including TV Line’s exclusive first look at the new hunter in town.
- Associated Press sits down with Claire Holt to talk Season 4! (Video above)
- Exclusive First Look: Is Vampire Diaries’ New Hunter Friend, Foe or Something Else Altogether? via TV Line
- TVD’s Julie Plec Interview via The CW69
- The TV Chick has a slew of interviews from Comic-Con 2012: Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Zach Roerig and Michael Trevino, and Steven R. McQueen.
- The Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec & Paul Wesley On Stefan’s Darker Side, Graduation & More via NiceGirls TV
- Australian actress Claire Holt finds herself in Georgia, thanks to gig on ‘Vampire Diaries’ via The Washington Post
Are you ready for more Season 4 promo portraits? The official Facebook page has been releasing these ever-so-slowly, drumming up anticipation for the big premiere tomorrow night at 8/7c. You will be tuning in, yes? Feast your eyes on this portrait of Matt and then head over to Zap2It for their exclusive peek at the portraits for Bonnie, Rebekah, and Elijah.
UPDATE: Added Bonnie, Rebekah and Elijah portraits. Click to view them in the Gallery!
(Via the FB page, “VULNERA SAPIENTIA” – wounds to wisdom.)
The CW has started filtering out these AWESOME new Season 4 promo pics and we’re going to start with Caroline, Tyler, and Klaus. Seriously, the detail on these portraits – we’re going to be analyzing them for hours. Can’t wait to see the rest of the set! The Vampire Diaries returns this Thursday, October 11th, 8/7c on the CW. Click each image to view a larger version in the Gallery. What do you think? Does this hold up to last year’s fruit portraits?
Loose n’ dirty translation of the Latin on each portrait, Klaus – Blood is power, Caroline – Love is sacrifice, Tyler – Love has/holds me. (This could be in the sense of “love carries me” or “love possesses me” . . . interesting.)
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks.
- Big congrats to our Name Elena’s Teddy Bear/Love You To Death 3 contest winners! Crissy has chosen “Bearton Earnspaw” as the winning entry, so congrats to Sue on the clever Wuthering Heights reference! And congrats to Theresa and Amy for being two of our four random winners. (Hey, other two winners, check your Twitter DMs and get back to us before we draw two new winners in your place!) All winners will receive an autographed copy of Love You To Death 3, and the grand prize winner also gets some awesome official TVD merch. Thanks to everyone who entered!
- Kat Graham and Candice Accola live at the iHeartRadio music festival. (Video above)
- Ian Somerhalder’s OFFICIAL Facebook page, so stop following fakes.
- Ian Somerhalder on the cover of Defy Magazine.
- Nina Dobrev gives fans a wave as she heads to an interview with Extra.
- Phoebe Tonkin and Claire Holt at the Teen Vogue Young Hollywood Party.
- Daniel Gillies interview with Xtreme 107.1 Radio.
- Video of Kat Graham and Ian Somerhalder onstage at the 2012 Environmental Media Awards.
- Ian Somerhalder at the 2012 Environmental Media Awards.
- Kat Graham, also at the 2012 Environmental Media Awards.
- Big congrats to Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec for making the list of The Holywood Reporter’s Top 50 Showrunners of 2012.
- As part of their TV Club Ten, The AV Club shares their choices for the 10 episodes that best showcase The Vampire Diaries.
- Nina Dobrev has a feature in the November 2012 issue of Glamour. And US Weekly has more photos.
- Great news for Sara Canning fans! SyFy has picked up Primeval: New World for 13 episodes in 2013.
- Fun photo of Daniel Gillies and Rachael Leigh Cook at a pre-Emmy event.
- Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder make Glamour UK’s 50 Sexiest Men List.
- Elena Gilbert and Alaric Saltzman makes Hollywood Life’s list of 20 Most Shocking TV Death From the Past Year.
- Paul Wesley and Michael Trevino make Huffington Post’s 27 Older Celebrities Who FAIL At Playing Teens. In other news, it’s Hollywood and no one cares.
IT’S ALL HAPPENING… We are on a one-week countdown to the start of Vampire Diaries Season 4 and Entertainment Weekly unveiled a stunning new TVD cast photo featuring all of your favorites – Matt, Meredith, Rebekah, Elijah, Klaus, Stefan, Elena, Damon, Bonnie, Tyler, Jeremy, and Caroline all present and accounted for.
And KSiteTV has our first look at images from The Rager (EP403) – read the synopsis – and we even get a look at upcoming guest star Grace Phipps as April. Caution as there will be mild spoilers! Click the image below to see more stills at KSiteTV.
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks. Please insert theme song by Explosions in the Sky here and enjoy.
- Paul Wesley and Torrey DeVitto attended the Entertainment Weekly Pre-Emmy Party Presented By L’Oreal Paris (picture above).
- Ian Somerhalder at the Strut Your Mutt fundraiser for the Best Friends Animal Society.
- And video of Ian at Strut Your Mutt!
- Kat Graham tweeted a pic of herself in Disfunkshion Mag.
- Photo of Steven R. McQueen and Zach Roerig at the opening of Taco Bell’s Graduate To Go Studio.
- Nina Dobrev, Candice Accola and Kat Graham sparkled at the 2012 iHeartRadio Music Festival.
- TV Guide’s Matt Roush gives some thoughts on TVD Season 3 in Sunday’s edition of Ask Matt.
- E!Online will be livestreaming the Environmental Media Awards on Saturday, check it out and keep an eye out for Ian Somerhalder!
- If you’ve ever wanted a look at Ian’s early days as a teenage model, today is your lucky day.
- Paul Wesley and Torrey DeVitto were on hand for the Humane Society’s H-Couture 2012 Fur-Free Fashion Show.
- Nina Dobrev talks The Perks of Being a Wallflower with FanBolt and Collider.
- And check out her Toronto International Film Festival portrait.
- Want to win a chat with Daniel Gillies and Rachael Leigh Cook? Paste Magazine is running a pretty sweet contest.
- Sara Canning’s new show, Primeval: New World, now has a trailer!
- Cosmopolitan Australia dubs Phoebe Tonkin their Rising Star of the Year.
- Our long (inter)national nightmare is over: iphignia939 is posting about TVD again!
- Need something to sip while watching season four? Check out this themed tea!